Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ParkExpress
22 Dec 16 19:29
| Topic/replies: 40 | Blogger: ParkExpress's blog
The last race meeting before the Christmas madness is almost upon us!

Just browsing through the card for tomorrow evening; some half decent races in fairness.

Wondering if trainer Damien English can keep his recent good form up at the track...

Also noticed that Melbourne Cup winning trainer (almost Excited) Tony Martin has a couple of horses going, I suppose the market will guide on their chances!

Good Luck to you all if your having a bet, Hope you all have a brilliant Christmas....
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Dundalk Friday 23rd Dec
Show More
Report GEORGE.B December 22, 2016 7:50 PM GMT
Nothing leaps off the page at me, save a couple of speculative ones (or guesses) in the 6.30.

McGuigan 0.5 pt EW @ 16-1
Northern Surprise 0.5 pt EW @ 20-1

McGuigan wasn't beaten far here last week behind Geographical despite only finishing 6th, and it could be an extra furlong round here will suit better, so has a squeak of at least reversing the form with the winner on the revised terms, though the draw could have been kinder.

Northern Surprise hasn't had much racing this year, don't know if there has been an issue or they've deliberately kept him for a winter campaign; back from another break here, but I thought there were tentative signs despite the distance beaten when he was last seen that he could be about to find some form.
It could be he's going to need this run again or maybe needs to drop another couple of pounds, but he clearly loves the place and no surprise if he comes good at some point this winter.

Good luck with your picks.
Report tony57 December 22, 2016 8:10 PM GMT
merry xmas to all
Report luckyme December 22, 2016 8:16 PM GMT
5.00  nap  eagle spirit  11/4  and 5.30 nb Thomas O' Malley 2/1
Report kavvie December 22, 2016 9:07 PM GMT
damien englishes father is joint leading dundalk owner for 2016 on 8 with jim bolgers wife..im sure he will be trying hard for a 9th tomoro night...
Report CheltenhamRoar December 23, 2016 9:24 AM GMT
D'niro first start for Jessie, that'll do for me
Report tony57 December 23, 2016 12:41 PM GMT
having agood study...hope to find one later..appreciate others opinions who are more clued up to dundalk than i!
Report wildmanfromborneo December 23, 2016 4:17 PM GMT
George Boole is in right form and is tough and honest,has Rock In Peace to beat.

November Tale dwelt lat time but ran on to some affect,a small caveat about the sire Casamento.

Chestnut Fire was raised 1 pound for getting beaten a nose last time,Foley overdid the waiting tactics.
This gelding is listed class.

Sitting Bull looked a certain future winner on his last run,the worry is the trainer,he has the consistent Zanjabeel to beat..

An Upton double with Paved With Gold,got raised 4 pound for his unlucky run last time.

Power Grid made a mockery of the handicap last time,won with a stone in hand,has been raised 12 pound shouldn't be enough to stop him.

Nothing original here but then very little unusual happens in Dundalk.
I admire George B and his picking of outsiders and on current form I'm the selling plater he's Group class.
Report pa lapsy December 23, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
I think Togoville(usual front runner) will set a fast pace in that 6.30, should suit Chestnut Fire,surely SF will be at least a little closer to the pace.
Was supposed to be off to Dubai but must be delaying that,no daws in the race but not a lot of current form either,CF surely has to be thereabouts.
GL all and a happy Christmas to the horse crew on here.
Report by purpose December 23, 2016 4:37 PM GMT
Another great ride by Shane in the 1st.Finishing off the year in style.
Report dj876 December 23, 2016 5:09 PM GMT
"Nothing original here but then very little unusual happens in Dundalk".

This was your post below from last week, all losers which is fine.

For the rest of the night I fancy

Settle For Red in the 7.30
Russian Soul in the 8.30
New Direction in the 9.00,

Are you completely deluded?

If it's so predictable, how come you're getting cleaned.

Dundalk is a kip and is for desperadoes.

Fellows throwing away money on this garbage with the cards coming up, should urgently seek assistance.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 23, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
Maybe just no good.
George Boole has just got beaten as well.

I still think there is money to be made betting in Dundalk,it just has to be someone better than me.
That's not that high a bar.
Report dj876 December 23, 2016 5:20 PM GMT
All three selections got beaten last week as well as George Boole.

It's a depressing type of racing.

The favourite just won at Greywell, doesn't mean it's a decent betting medium.

Each to their own but I feel sorry for lads punting on this tripe and don't think it's right to be proclaiming it as something it's not.

Johnny Ward concurred with you that it's a great betting medium on a Friday nights but he's helpless (problem punter) as seen when he stepped in for Steve Palmer.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 23, 2016 5:28 PM GMT
Look I accept you don't like it and you probably think I'm lying when I say I'm ahead betting up there.

Its also unfair to just pick my poor contribution,what about George B on that thread a nice juicy 10/1 winner.

I'm not betting big up there so its not he end of the world.

One question you don't answer is why all the big bookmakers ran away from the place.
Another would be why it has the fewest bookmakers of any track in Ireland.
Report dj876 December 23, 2016 5:36 PM GMT
No trade there.

It suits small arbers helping the off course reps to manipulate the starting prices.

Hope you make a few pound but you don't know if your ahead up there as don't keep accounts.

Enjoy the Christmas period but betting on horses falling over the line like that maiden is not decent racing or stuff to be getting involved in no matter how it's spun
Report wildmanfromborneo December 23, 2016 5:47 PM GMT
She never looked like winning at any stage.

The SP manipulation is scandalous there.

I can't agree there is no trade there as its turnover is near enough your run of the mill Irish meeting but only has a quarter of the bookmakers operating.
There doesn't seem to be any of the normal bookmakers standing there.
Report workrider December 23, 2016 6:12 PM GMT
The boys won't be happy after that, must have had a stone in hand , left, battered in the straight, still only barely beaten .
Report by purpose December 23, 2016 6:39 PM GMT
Thats a double up for Foley.
Report pa lapsy December 23, 2016 6:58 PM GMT
Plenty of horse left at the line,don't know why he was ridden out the back again,takes a bit of time to quicken, sheete happens.
Report by purpose December 23, 2016 7:00 PM GMT
Its because he is inept and does not deserve the rides he gets,
Report The Gotchee December 23, 2016 7:19 PM GMT
Why has Jack Kennedy replaced Colin Keane on Paved with Gold?
Kennedy wouldn't lace Keane's boots around Dundalk.
It's a little off putting.
Report Bigwillystyle December 23, 2016 10:44 PM GMT
It was an apprentice race ya clown.
Report TheWasp December 23, 2016 10:54 PM GMT
PMSL gobshee and wonks what a punting combo
Report The Gotchee December 24, 2016 10:36 AM GMT
He rode it like an apprentice.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 3:09 PM GMT
Colin says It’s Two O Clock this year
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now