Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
17 Dec 16 22:21
| Topic/replies: 27,407 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Both tracks doing their bit to allow us get the Xmas expences.Thurles looks as if it'll be my destination tomorrow,and too get the ball rolling its ,
Keppols Queen , this mare has been showing up well in  Beg Chases last month.Her experience over fences gets her the vote.Royal Caviar jumping has to be taken on trust ,and at 8 and having only had 10 runs in his life its obvious that all has not been right with him.Shattered Love is also of interest ,She has been improving with racing and is taken to beat the odds on Asthuria, who ran a cracker when third behind Jers Girl , the drop in trip is the worry.
Minds Eye looked all over the winner the last day till running green and letting the winner back up. Sure to come on for that and should do the business in the last.
Navan I take Death Duty to turn over Invitation Only, I was not impressed with this fellows jumping at Gowran and I think Death can give him the 3lb and a beating.
Good luck all punters..
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ....Tomorrows Racing....
Show More
Report Bigwillystyle December 17, 2016 11:05 PM GMT
Mick The Jiver should be a 2/1 shot in Thurles!!
Report pa lapsy December 18, 2016 10:25 AM GMT
2 nice meetings.
I haven't been impressed with the way Keppols Queen finished her last couple of races,though she should hold Sizing Network again,with a layoff and 1st time chasing won't want a touch of odds on despite the obvious form with RC either,the rest look very average.
Asthuria should win,think she will make all,1/2 isn't much good.
Love Death Duty,Elliot thinks the world of him but says he expects it as a chaser,good test and is 13/8 in what looks a match.
Bull Ride for Elliot/Giggy is another i've been impressed with.
Gurteen and Capture the Drama(BWS standing behind me with a scythe) be my 4 today, wins and a yankee.
Best of luck
Report newapproach December 18, 2016 11:30 AM GMT
I'm looking forward to watching Joey Sasa in the first race, probably not a betting proposition though. His 2 bumper wins have been very impressive this year and the form has worked out great. He ran well on his hurdles debut lto also and Meade's can often improve a lot for their first go over flights. Hopefully Joey Sasa puts up a big performance today and could be a candidate for some if the good novice races throughout the year.
Report tony57 December 18, 2016 12:31 PM GMT
really taken with this kid cian collins for elliot..he rides 2 for him @thurles with big chances..im all in on invitation only,..like pa im on gurteen,if im up before the bumpers i,ll play on minds eye, best of luck to all
Report dj876 December 18, 2016 12:34 PM GMT
Well backed winner for Luke McMahon in the first.

Coneygree out of King George
Report tony57 December 18, 2016 1:48 PM GMT
have to say death duty was impressive..worry is how bad invitation was..that maybe as good as he is?
Report pa lapsy December 18, 2016 2:08 PM GMT
Long time since i seen Ruby Walsh ride a horse like Madurai,it mightn't be up to a lot but there was no way that was winning today,a shocking ride at best.
Report kavvie December 18, 2016 2:12 PM GMT
dessie seemed a bit embarrased in commentary   strange is an understatement.i wonder how the supreme boys feel after seeing that..
Report norn iron December 18, 2016 5:50 PM GMT
THOUGHT WAS VERY STRANGE TO RUN GURTEEN IN HANDICAP HURDLE AFTER  EYECATCHING CHASE DEBUT   THINK TODAY WAS school FOR XMAS ?

JEEZ WHATEVER ELLIOTS IS DOING HAS MADE  OLEARYS STABLE  SWITCH LOOKING LIKE DECENT DECISION

IS THERE TWO BETTER BUMPERS JOCKEYS RIDING THAT VINNY MAGUIRE AND THE SUPERB P2P CHAMP JAMIE CODD ?

AND GREAT SEE JPS HORSES WINNING AS HE SUPPORTS LOADS TRAINORS  AND IS GENTLEMAN ALWAYS FIRST CONGRATULATE OTHER WINNERS

AND FANTASTIC  TO SEE  BRYAN COOPER BACK TO HIS BEST AFTER COUPLE REAL BAD INJURYS FOR YOUNG  LAD RIDING FOR tough OWNERS NO DOUBT RUBY /BARRY  G /DAVY R /MARK WALSH  WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE  5 OFF THE TOP SIX JOCKETS RIDING IN IRELAND  . MAY THEY ALL HAVE GREAT XMAS AND STAY SAFE AS IT TRULY IS A VERY DANGEROUS JOB AS THINK LOTS FORGET THAT AMBULANCE FOLLOWS THEM EVERY RIDE .
Report workrider December 18, 2016 6:01 PM GMT
Thurles was its usual self, genuine racing fans,plenty of watchers around the parade ring. Backed Teachers Pet @ 11/8 have to to say the way the market went I thought I'd done my pieces of silver,she won really well, it makes Noels BADS look a right good horse and well worth following till he's beat.Heard Kenneddy say to a reporter he was going very well and would have given Willes a real fright if that one had stood up.
Report tony57 December 18, 2016 6:17 PM GMT
welldone with death duty wr...shattered love also..
Report workrider December 18, 2016 6:22 PM GMT
Thanks Tony ,Minds Eye met a steamer in the last, first time out and won really well. Sorry I missed your call was driving .
Report GANT007 December 18, 2016 6:38 PM GMT
The filly in the last was impressive.
Report tony57 December 18, 2016 6:41 PM GMT
yes i didnt back it,  as i,d had a bad day anyway!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 16, 2017 9:00 PM GMT
(((NAVAN))) & (((THURLES))) again tomorrow offs at 12.15 & 12.30.

SOME obvious wans.....or maybe not in HEAVY GOING

12.30 Koshari 2/5
12.50 Next Destination 11/10
1.55 Blow By Blow 1/4
2.10 True Self 4/7
pays 5.77
+ 3.45 Rhinestone 11/10
pays 11.44 with PPoor
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 16, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
or 12.87 if Sancta come early Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 2:13 PM GMT
Only just for Blow By Blow.....obviously does nothing in front and had to leave it very late on
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 2:14 PM GMT
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 2:14 PM GMT
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 2:45 PM GMT
Not often a 200 to 1 shot wins....must be a record for Irish racing ???

Killahara Castle is now a ‘listed’ mare winner !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 3:57 PM GMT
That RHINESTONE is no cowboy - did it well - and with Mullins making the trip to Thurles for the ride on a well fancied money on shot - maybe a goodun - roll on Cheltenham bumper Devil
Report workrider December 17, 2017 9:05 PM GMT
The real Cheltenham winner was Willies in the maiden yesterday,cert for the Triumph ...
Report punchestown December 17, 2017 10:33 PM GMT
Wouldn't you be as sick as a small hospital if you put your fiver on Killahara Castle on the Tote and got 205.50 Euro back instead of a 1000 Euro.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 10:52 PM GMT
Sick enough tks after True Self beaten by a 200/1 shot ffs
Report workrider December 18, 2017 6:38 PM GMT
I'd say the whole family had their fiver's on, hence the tote return.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now