Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
07 Jun 16 20:11
| Topic/replies: 14,996 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
This Week we have.....

St Jude Classic.....call it as you see it boyos...All tips/best guess/deductive reasoning/stabs welcome...back PHIL @14's or hold your fire until any more WD's are confirmed this week...Steele, Toms & Donald WD's already !!!

Lyoness Open.....a piss poor field as always includes Wiesberger, Wood, Dunne, Ramsey and my man LUITEN 7's. Get on now or wait for the fast starters? - recent winners were all T2 or better after 18/36 holes.

KPMG Womens.....one of the five majors on the LPGA Tour...In 2015, Inbee Park wrapped up her third-consecutive KPMG Women’s PGA Championship...Expect KO 7/1 to break that trend.

Constellation Seniors.....the second MAJOR of their season...Langer 5/1 wins but Mikey-A Jimenez 6/1 is fresh and won't be far away.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( GOLF TIPS Weekly Thread )))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 13, 2017 8:26 PM BST
John Deere Classic - Long Ryan Brehm Wesley Trickster Bryan David Oh Canada Hearn Danny Kiwi Lee Danny Debut Berger
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 13, 2017 8:53 PM BST
Also this week we have the Scottish Open  - SCOTT, Fowler, Henrik, FISHER (Ross of course @33's), Horsey Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 17, 2017 4:26 PM BST
OPEN WEEK to look forward to.....BUT "storms to unleash flash flooding, damaging winds late Tuesday into Wednesday - A surge of warm and humid air into the United Kingdom will set the stage for dangerous thunderstorms from late Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday".

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/birkdale/pr8-4/weather-forecast/2519971
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 21, 2017 12:49 AM BST
The OPEN Championship - SPIETH 9.47am POULTER 8.03am along with FOWLER 1.36pm BERGER 2.26pm FOX 1.37pm

AND THE Barbasol Championship PICKS - Sam Arnie Saunders - David LikesithereHearn - Andres BMW Romero - Boo Birthday Present Weekley - Jim Acert Furyk + Ben Martin
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 22, 2017 8:59 AM BST
No real Orish interest in The Open for the weekend - with Lowry back on his high stool in Aufally, and Harrington's "gone with tinkers daughter" to practice his strictly dancing routine at the Fair in Spancill Hill.
Darren and the rest of us can only watch as our wee RORY's red hand begins to wave that white flag. You gotta love what his caddy JP said to him on the 6th tee yesterday !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 26, 2017 11:13 PM BST
Canadian Open with Cameron Percy Danny Lee Bubba Watson David Hearn Patrick Rodgers
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 30, 2017 7:10 PM BST
bigH • July 30, 2017 4:35 PM BST
Levy you choking frog eating surrender monkey
I will be self harming if Sabbatini wins tonight

Catch Me ifyoucan • July 25, 2017 10:38 PM BST
My fav Frenchman Alexander Levy will defend his title this week.....Whoops
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 12:05 PM BST
Catch Me ifyoucan • July 22, 2017 8:59 AM BST
No real Orish interest in The Open for the weekend......You gotta love what his caddy JP said to him on the 6th tee yesterday !

JP Fitz get's his p45, after nine years and four Majors.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 1, 2017 11:33 PM BST
David Feherty‏@Fehertwit · 7 hours ago My first born son is gone from me, dying from an overdose on his 29th birthday. Bless his sweet heart, I will fight on.

Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 2, 2017 4:36 PM BST
WGC Bridgestone Dustin Rickie Hideki Charl Leishman..... No spot for wee RORY

Barracuda Championship Garrigus Martin Stallings Byrd English...... + a maybe for Seamus Power (will start fast then fade as usual)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 8, 2017 11:43 AM BST
USPGA week...the FINAL MAJOR in 2017
WHO WILL FOLLOW Sergio García, Brooks Koepka & Jordan Spieth in Quail Hollow Club

Hope it's one of these Tony Finau, Zach Johnson, JB Holmes, Justin Rose or Dan Berger (subs RORS or Rickie)
Report kavvie August 9, 2017 1:37 PM BST
anyone planning a bet with paddy power be careful .they are advertising 8 places on oddschecker but its only 7(1/5th odds) places in reality..nothing new with that crowd..meanwhile korals are offering 10 places..
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 9, 2017 3:27 PM BST
FYI...

COMP with Prizes on the GOLF FORUM

Entries accepted until 1.00pm Thursday 10th August.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 18, 2017 12:13 PM BST
7/1 Webb SIMPSON a former winner of the Wyndham Championship Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 18, 2017 10:35 PM BST
Nuff sed 9/4 leader Devil tia
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 22, 2017 9:39 PM BST
Lets' hope it's BENDAREDUNNEDAT and Made in Denmark this week Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 29, 2017 11:46 PM BST
Czech Masters this week for Matthew Fitzpatrick 18/1 Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 31, 2017 11:11 PM BST
Big price this week 14/1 6plcs 1/4odds on wee RORY in TPC Boston for the DELL Tech Championship.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 31, 2017 11:12 PM BST
Won here last year
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 31, 2017 11:21 PM BST
Fri start to Mon finish this week as Labour Day holiday in the USofA Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:31 AM BST
test
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:32 AM BST
Ryan FOX 45/1 for this weeks Omega European Masters Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:34 AM BST
6 places 1/4 odds with SKY tia for the Alpine test in Crans-sur-Sierre in the Swiss Alps Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:34 AM BST
Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:35 AM BST
KIWI Ryan Fox will be used to the altitude although he’s making his tournament debut. The 45/1 New Zealander's made two previous trips to the Alps and finished second (2016) and third (2015) in the Challenge Tour’s Rolex Trophy. Everything went like clockwork in July as he reeled off a trio of T6's in the French, Irish and Scottish Opens so let's hope he masters this Alpine venue with the same precise timing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:37 AM BST
12.31, 12.32, 12.34 & 12.34 Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 1, 2017 7:22 PM BST
A BIG congratulations to Ireland’s PAUL DUNNE on winning the British Masters. He joins names like Norman, Seve, Faldo, Christy Jnr, Woosie, Monty, Rose & Westwood on the role of honour.

Paul shot a fantastic closing 61 to hold off a late charge from Rory McIlroy and win his first professional win in his 51st European Tour event. Dunne had a stellar amateur career, playing in the Walker Cup and leading the 2015 Open Championship after 54 holes and lost out in a play-off to Edoardo Molinari at the Trophée Hassan II in April.

Paul should move inside the top 90 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 192nd and becomes the 15th Irishman to win on the European Tour and the 51st Irish victory overall.

A closing 61 equals the lowest finishing round by a winner this season of Hideki Matsuyama in the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational. His closing 61 was also two shots better than his previous low round. The last player to shoot a final round of 61 or better to win their first event was Rafa Cabrera Bello at the 2009 Austrian Open while 260 is the lowest winning total of the season by four shots and the lowest since Sergio Garcia shot 257 in winning the 2011 Castello Masters. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 3, 2017 7:46 PM BST
Could we have another Orish winner this week in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship or perhaps Seamus Power in the SAFEWAY OPEN in Napa, CA.
Wee Rory is 6/1 6pls 1/4 odds in Scotland.....having a last look at Carnasty before next years OPEN perhaps ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2017 2:46 PM BST
CIMB Classic 12-15 October 2017......at TPC Kuala Lumpur again this year.
Justin Thomas‏ - Well.....Haha off to Malaysia to attempt a 3 peat at @CIMB Classic.
http://www.cimbclassic.com/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 26, 2017 4:22 PM BST
Report• Quote • Block User Catch Me ifyoucan • October 25, 2017 11:19 PM BST
IRISH WET DREAM on 365 ew (5750/1) Devil
Paul Dunne WGC HSBC Champions Winner 80/1 / Seamus Power Sanderson Farms Championship Winner 70/1.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2017 11:51 AM GMT
West Waterford Golf Club in Dungarvan will be rooting for Olympian Golfer SEAMUS POWER again tonight in [u]Mississippi.[/u]

Seamus is tied for 3rd going into the final round of the Sanderson Farms Championship and SIX behind runaway leader Ryan Armour (who leads by five from Chesson Hadley). Better known as a very strong starter - Ranks 20th in the field for PRE-CUT performance but just 117th in POST-CUT performance last season - let’s hope he can finish with a solid round - it’s a great opportunity for his 1st PGA win. A trip to the Masters two year Tour exemption, etc awaits!

We saw what happened in Shanghai overnight as World #1 Dustbin Johnson - (trying to become the 1st player in a calendar year to win three WGC titles) – he threw away a SIX shot lead in the final round of the WGC Champions event by shooting a 77. Justbin Rose was EIGHT shots behind at the start (and SIX down with 8 to go), posting a 67 for a stunning victory ! (Dustin equals the largest blown lead in a final round of the PGA by Norman ‘96 Masters & Sergio ‘05 Quail Hollow)

Catch Me ifyoucan • October 29, 2016 3:49 PM BST
GREAT to see the Irish Flag flying high in the Magnolia State of Mississippi.....three cheers to the gang in West Waterford GC in Dungarvan.....hip hip hurrah !....must be that Cork "southern hospitality...in the Deep South".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2017 11:59 AM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • October 24, 2017 1:22 PM BST
AFTER the completion of the Web.com Tour Championship Finals, we have the second set of graduates. This list comes from the top 25 money earners during the Web.com Tour Finals (excluding The 25 above from the regular season list).

Ranked #7 Ireland's Seamus Power Strokes Gained Rank: 5th Age: 30
Posted an impressive 19-for-25 record during his rookie season. It was a lack of top-heavy finishes that held him back though, finishing 130th in the final FedExCup standings. Could that have been a warmup season as he gets comfortable on PGA TOUR course setups? Or will he always be categorized as a cut-maker? I guess that is what we'll find out this season, as he finished 25th in the Web.com Tour Finals standings, cutting it very close.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2017 11:52 PM GMT
BACK DOWN MEXICO WAY AGAIN.....exactly one year on from TRUMP's WALL building proposal and TRUMPonomics.

For THE OHL CLASSIC at Mayakoba where it's partly sunny at 29° and pleasant for the week on Mexico's Riviera Maya, hugging the white sands of Mexico's Caribbean coast. Cancun International Airport is just 35 miles away.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/cancun/235049/daily-weather-forecast/235049?day=4

Good start by Defending Champ PAT PEREZ & Vindaloo LAHIRI - both T11.....as KISSIRE smacks a 9-under 62 on the cheek. 
...Gmac (2015 Champ) is T36 at -2 while 26yo Austin Arkansas COOK is T5 with a 66. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2017 11:54 PM GMT
working just about...what's with this delayed reaction to posting ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 13, 2017 6:47 PM GMT
Final Qualifying Stage – from Lumine Golf Club in Tarragona, Spain - 11th to 16th Nov 2017

THREE of the SIX rounds completed -  Cut to 70 & ties after 4th Rd - On Thursday the Top 25 & ties earn their EUROPEAN TOUR CARD.

Emerging talents.....
21 year old Sam Horsfield, who qualified for the US Open in 2015 and 2016 as an amateur & joined the paid ranks in May, sits alongside Ben Evans at 12 under par in second place at the competition’s halfway stage, one shot behind leader 28 year old Laurie Canter.
Scotland’s Connor Syme having represented GB&I in the Walker Cup was delighted to have signed for his best score as a professional, tying the lowest round of the tournament so far with a fine 63.
Ireland's Gavin Moynihan lies T13 at 5 under par. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 14, 2017 3:12 PM GMT
Q-School - Ireland's Ruaidhri MCGEE sits one shot outside the cut-line with 3 holes to play, as MOYNIHAN has finished T8 @10 under par.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 15, 2017 10:37 PM GMT
PADRAIG has made his way to the Seaside & Plantation Courses at Sea Island Golf Club for The RSM Classic.

"Some weeks travels are harder than others. I left my hotel in South Africa at 3.45 and have just arrived 27hrs later" - POD (there's worser 125/1 shot this week and we'll forgive his MC in 2014, the only time he played here). Tink he lives not too far away in Virginia ???
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 16, 2017 12:42 PM GMT
Tour Diary - RSM Classic - Preview - Padraig Harrington Thursday, 16 November 2017.

After a long trip I finally made it to Sea Island for this week’s RSM Classic. I flew from Johannesburg to Atlanta, which was 16 hours in the air. It wasn’t too bad as I was tired getting on the plane and slept for 12 hours and then watched a couple of movies. However the highlight was after my two hours in the Immigration queue - there was a Fiveguys in Atlanta airport and there is no better breakfast! In the end I got o the course and was able to do a bit of chipping and putting on Monday. It’s hard to believe I had been in South Africa on Sunday and then hitting putts here on Monday afternoon.

I played here back in 2014 when it was just one course. Now they play it over two courses, the Seaside and Plantation courses. It makes it a bit tougher to have to get out and play the new course and practice on the one I have played before, but luckily I’m in the pro-am on the Plantation course which is the one I haven’t played.  With this in mind I played the Seaside course with Seamus Power early on Tuesday morning so that we could watch the football in the afternoon. The wind blew pretty strong which made it play a lot harder than I remembered it. It felt like a links wind out there at times. The condition of the course was brilliant and it could well be the best conditioned course of the year.

It was good to play with Seamus as I haven’t seen him for a while and we had good craic. I was happy with how I hit the ball which made it a lot easier to finish up early and go to watch the Ireland v Denmark football match. Unfortunately we didn’t get the result we were looking for and like every Irish person, I was gutted. I feel for the players as it is so tough to get that close and then to miss out at the end.

On Wednesday I played the morning pro-am on the Plantation course. It is quite different to the Seaside course but is still a good test. The greens are small and surrounded by rough. If you miss the greens it is tough to get the ball close to the hole. That said if you hit the greens then you have a decent chance for birdie. The fairways are generous enough but if you miss them then you are struggling as this rough gives you big flyers.

After the pro-am I did some practice, mainly hitting wedges and then some chipping and putting. I’m happy with what I see in my game and in some ways sorry that this is the last proper event of my season. I’m out at 11am in the first round on the Plantation Course and the 9.50am on Friday on the Seaside Course. I’m excited about getting started and it would be nice to finish the season on a high note.
Talk soon, Padraig.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 17, 2017 8:09 PM GMT
DP WORLD Championship from Dubai

Justin Rose 7/2
Matthew Fitzpatrick 10/3
Tyrrell Hatton 9/2
Rahm 10
Aphibarnrat 16
Reed 16
Fleetwood 25
Suri 25
Paul Dunne 33 ew 4pls 1/5 and only 3 shots off the lead. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 22, 2017 10:26 PM GMT
David Lipsky 50/1ew in HK OPEN this week....SPIETH is very short at 2/1 to win the AUSTRALIAN OPEN at The Australian GC in Sydney...small dbl perhaps. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 28, 2017 1:28 AM GMT
Dubliner Gavin Moynihan (Mauritius Open) and Tiger (Hero in Bahamas) make their TOUR starts this week.
...can't see them been mentioned in the same sentence again Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2017 10:56 AM GMT
(Apart from those who were royally engaged) the FREAKING HEADLINES this past week is TIGER is BACK 

http://www.golfchannel.com/video/tiger-dials-it-during-pro-am-bahamas/

TEES IT UP AT 5.05
Justin Thomas (Draw) Tiger Woods --- 4/7 (83/10) 11/4 over 18 holes.

@45's 1/5ew over 72 holes in a 16man (top class) field anyone ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2017 9:00 PM GMT
TV ratings must be well up, as TIGER is BACK to normal it seems Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 24, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
SHANE LOWRY plays with TIGER this week at the FARMERS Insurance Open in Torrey Pines, SoCal. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 24, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
with RAMBO the 7/1 fav - Shane 66/1 Bfred - Tiger(a 25/1 shot in SPOILS 7pls 1/5)  Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2018 5:49 PM GMT
Will a little laugh on Sunday night if RORS & Woz both win at the w/end...pocket talk. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 27, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
WOZ back to #1 in the Aussie Tennis - RORS double tyvm Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 30, 2018 2:54 PM GMT
LOWRY back at the WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN - he likes it here 16th & 6th last two visits
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 31, 2018 12:59 PM GMT
Phoenix Open - STEELE SIMPSON HOLMES ENGLISH & PALMER

MAYBANK Championship in KL Singapore - FRITTELLI, LEVY, STENSON, LIPSKY & Paul Peterson Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
Fritteli 8under for the par 5's
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 11:32 AM GMT
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LUC36/history/20180205/1050Z/EINN/KMRY

Guess we'll see who's playing with POD this week at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 11:49 AM GMT
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. Rory McIlroy initially had 2019 as the year he would finally play the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. His figured it would make a good 60th birthday present for his dad Gerry, who could join him as his amateur partner. The present arrived a year early. McIlroy is making his tournament debut this week, and his dad, a 5 handicapper, will indeed be by his side. The two have played as a team with several appearances at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
Anyone fancy Kelly Rohrbach this week - imagine Ciaran the Snookerpunter would have a go Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 10, 2018 1:52 PM GMT
Only LOWRY makes the wkend in Monterey in sunny CA
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 10, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
All 3 courses are used over the first 3 days; T60 pro's + ties + 60 amateurs play Pebble Sunday so mdf applies to restrict field size Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 10, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
...queue a late charge from RORS Whoops
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
Lowry and Gerry McManus made the cut for Sunday - also spotted Dermot Desmond & Rafa opposite Spieth for 18 on Pebble today. No teams news/scores in yet.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 13, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
Golf... is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.
CM iyc Devil

IT's TIGER WATCH at the GENESIS OPEN as Woods, wee RORS & Just in Thomas tee it up together in Rounds 1&2 at the Riviera Country Club in LA.
Report workrider February 15, 2018 6:48 PM GMT
Tiger is finished, I'm amazed that tv still follows his every move, he was 10 shots behind at one time when playing on his return and the cameras were still following him, shameful when you consider they only show the top ten guys if you're lucky.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
GOOD TIME TO BACK Louis Oosthuizen 16's at the THE HONDA CLASSIC in Florida Devil

THE BEAR TRAP (last 4 holes) on Sunday night will tell all.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 17, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
HAPPY PADDY’s in the pubs all day.
Hope they have a few pound left after the confirmations and Cheltenham.

Arnold Palmer Invitational
AN 16’s LIST 40’s & CAULEY 125/1Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 19, 2018 12:50 AM GMT
PADDY's w/end just had the perfect ending with wee RORY winning the API.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 1, 2018 11:46 AM BST
An Irishman playing in the Masters by the end of the day Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 2, 2018 11:06 PM BST
WHO WINS THE MASTERS...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/980872408138698753

Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 4, 2018 9:35 PM BST
ROSE 14's DJ 13/1 Kuchar 50's Chappell 100/1 & Henley 100/1

ENJOY IT FOLKS Devil

xmoneyx • April 4, 2018 9:16 PM BST
masters preview 2018 after newsnight bbc 2 or watch on  bbc i-player
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 6, 2018 1:15 AM BST
eir Sport Channel showing all the Golf 7pm to 12.30am everyday Devil
Report lapsy pa April 7, 2018 11:35 AM BST
Terrific leaderboard at Augusta,all the class players inolved with just a few exceptions,impossible to call the winner.

I think the top Asian market is interesting as just 5 left in it, Matsuyama (lev,2/5),LI (+1,7/2),Kodaira(+1,7/1),Kim(+4,14/1) and Aphibarnrat(+5,22/1).

I don't fancy Kodaira or Kim,maybe Li is after his tournament with a great 1st round, Aphibarnrat had a dismal 1st round with +8 but made the cut with a -3 yesterday.
With inclement weather forecast and Aphibarnrat out nearly a full 3 hours before Matsuyama,he seems a very sporting 22/1 shot in this very small field to me.
GL with your picks.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 12, 2018 9:18 PM BST
Pleasing to an Orish man Paul DUNNE leading the SPANISH OPEN Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 12, 2018 9:20 PM BST
It's RORY & McGINLEY vs LOWRY & POD for half-a-mill next week too Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 13, 2018 2:59 PM BST
Hope he keeps it going
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 14, 2018 10:41 PM BST
Open de Espana 3 Balls   
11:55    Andrew Johnston (4/7)    Bradley Neil (5/2)
12:05    Jacques Kruyswijk (5/4)    Marc Warren (11/10)
12:15    Jorge Campillo (10/11)    Aaron Rai (11/8)
12:25    Andy Sullivan (8/11)    Brett Rumford (30/17)
12:35    Henric Sturehed (5/1)    Jon Rahm (2/7)
12:45    Nacho Elvira (13/8)    Paul Dunne (4/5)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 4, 2018 6:22 PM BST
RORY back on one his fav tracks in the WELLS FARGO at Quail Hollow Club - The course is scheduled to host the 2021 Presidents Cup, which will be played in late September, and could become an occasional Major venue with the PGA Championship’s move to May beginning in 2019.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 14, 2018 5:23 PM BST
AFTER THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP.....WE HAVE A NEW OWGR WORLD NUMBER ONE...

Justin Thomas will move to World #1 for the first time in his career - ending Dustin Johnson’s 15-month run. Thomas says he is driven to hold the No. 1 Ranking for a long time. Thomas was the PGA Tour’s Player of the Year last season with Johnson the season before so expect these two will go head-to-head in the battle for Número Uno for the rest of the PGA and FedEx Cup season.Justin Thomas is the 21st player to become World No.1 since the Ranking started in 1986 and the 4th youngest to do so, behind Woods, Spieth and McIlroy.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 17, 2018 7:46 PM BST
LAHINCH Golf Club tweeted - Honoured, delighted & privileged to host DDF Irish Open in 2019 which promises to be a special year for Irish Links Golf.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 17, 2018 7:49 PM BST
Lahinch Golf Club 4th to 7th July 2019.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 17, 2018 8:04 PM BST
The tournament enters a new era next year when Paul McGinley leads a rotation of Irish golfing legends - Major champions Darren Clarke, Padraig Harrington and Graeme McDowell – in the hosting role, taking over the mantle from Rory McIlroy. The four-time Major champion’s charity, the Rory Foundation, has successfully hosted the tournament since 2015.

The winning 2014 Ryder Cup Captain will host at a venue for which he holds a great affinity, having triumphed at Lahinch as an amateur when he claimed the South of Ireland Championship in 1991. Darren won it in 1989 and Gmac triumphed in 2000. Padraig was beaten in the finals of both the South of Ireland (and Irish Close Championships) by David Higgins in 1994 (18th hole and 20th hole) and by Jody Fanagan in 1995 (18th hole) but he did win the Irish Close in Lahinch two weeks later.

Paul will be aided in his preparations for the 2019 event by his close friend and one of his Vice-Captains during The 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles, Des Smyth, who was recently announced as Tournament Ambassador, a role which will see him help in the marketing and promotion of the event for the next four years as well as aid a successful transition between each of the hosts.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 25, 2018 12:42 PM BST
The start of the ROLEX Series this week, with the BMW PGA Championship from WENTWORTH

Anyone in the A.B.R. camp ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 1, 2018 12:15 AM BST
Wee Rory already 9 behind Hideki MATSUYAMA at The MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT in "Jack's place" Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 6, 2018 4:42 PM BST
Think Wood’s long game will win the IRISH OPEN, 30/1 and played well last week too, T2 in France.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 6, 2018 4:44 PM BST
Also like Uihlein, Knox & FOX (again this year) Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 8, 2018 2:32 PM BST
KNOX or FOX ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 18, 2018 11:33 PM BST
Time for the THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP bet.....

Dustin Johnson 12/1
Justin Rose 16/1 Devil
Rickie Fowler 18/1
Rory McIlroy 20/1
Jon Rahm 22/1
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 8, 2018 12:31 PM BST
RORY 12/1 8pls 1/5 for USPGA
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 9, 2018 1:29 PM BST
We lost three Aussie golfers this year.....earlier with the great 5-time Open Champ Peter Thompson and Ian Stanley (Cancer), and today 'cancer survivor' 36yo Jarrod Lyle..... RIP.

30 time winner Stanley spent seven years on the European Tour in the 1970s, where he was joint winner of the 1975 Martini International with Christy O'Connor Jnr.

Jarrod was a hero in Australia, a beacon of hope for those battling the big C, an inspiration to anyone who spent even a few minutes around him. Happy and humble and hilarious, he continued to defy the odds. He underwent treatment for acute myeloid leukemia as a 17yo. Sadly for cancer survivors like Lyle, bad news is always just one blood test away. Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 11, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Awfully good Shane....all in Clara are watching
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 13, 2018 11:13 AM BST
WINNER: Brooks Koepka (-16): $1,980,000
2: Tiger Woods (-14): $1,188,000
3: Adam Scott (-13): $748,000 (costly putt on 18 for T2)
T-4: Stewart Cink (-11): $489,250
T-4: Jon Rahm (-11): $489,250

The top four and ties from the PGA Championship are invited to Augusta National.

T-6: Thomas Pieters (-10): $334,712.50
T-6: Francesco Molinari (-10): $334,712.50
T-6: Justin Thomas (-10): $334,712.50
T-6: Gary Woodland (-10): $334,712.50

T-10: Rafa Cabrera Bello (-9): $261,985
T-10: Tyrrell Hatton (-9): $261,985

T-12: Jordan Spieth (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Chez Reavie (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Brandon Stone (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Daniel Beger (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Kevin Kisner (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Shane Lowry (-8): $187,747.14
T-12: Rickie Fowler (-8): $187,747.14
Report kavvie August 13, 2018 1:13 PM BST
shane still 100k roughly short of 125th place
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 25, 2018 1:26 PM BST
Highlight of the week is no doubt the RYDER CUP (with TIGER back)

Europe 13/10 vs USA 19/20
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 4, 2018 2:08 PM BST
"Somebody said - ALL MEN DIE, and NOT ALL MEN LIVE”....."Well THIS IS THE TIME to feel alive" - José María Olazabal (to quote William Braveheart Wallace)

RYDER CUP Team Europe - surely Motivational Video Award Winners 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-kxODwKATo
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2018 11:47 AM GMT
Nice Day1 Leaderboard in the TURKISH AIRLINES OPEN with DUNNERS and POD one/two.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 13, 2018 12:34 PM GMT
The 2018 European Tour season ends this week with the DP World TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP from Dubai.

Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood will most likely hog-the-headlines so maybe RORY 9/1 can spoil the party.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 15, 2018 6:43 AM GMT
Dunne and Lowry off to good starts in Dubai.
World Cup partners next wk in Australia
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 15, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/qualifying/season=2018/tournamentid=2018595/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Great effort from GAVIN MOYNIHAN to finish inside the Top 27 (25-n-ties) and regain his European Tour card for the 2019 season, at the European Tour Q-School at Lumine GC in Tarragona, Spain.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
2018 IRISH OWGRankings...

While Willett was making his come back in Dubai and moving up the Official World Golf Rankings, a number of Irish were dropping...

Rory McIlroy remains the leading Irish golfer and staying at No #7 despite his disappointing year and middle-of-the-field finish in Dubai.
Down goes Shane Lowry, down four spots to World No #74.
Paul Dunne is up two spots to No #106 while Padraig Harrington is down seven spots to No #185
Graeme McDowell is up five spots to World No #218 after his final round 66 for a share of 11th in the RSM Classic while Seamus Power, who missed the cut in the same PGA Tour event, is down six places to No #345.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 28, 2018 9:14 AM GMT
Going with Frittelli 10/1 in Mauritius again Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
GAVIN MOYNIHAN -10 flying the Orish flag high in Mauritius - 69, 65 start for 5th, only four back Devil - Frittelli T25 at -5.
Report workrider December 1, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
try a punt on me Catch I've gone out to a 20 h/cap...Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 1, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
Thurles GC might suit you, it's very looonnnggg ! Crazy
Report workrider December 2, 2018 6:18 PM GMT
Playing Craddockstown tomorrow I'm a cert...Cool
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 11, 2018 12:50 AM GMT
Well done to Leona Maguire who qualified for the Final Stage of the Ladies European Tour Q-School (LET Golf) at Amelkis Golf Club in Marrakesh, Morocco.

The Cavan professional will tee it up in the Final Stage at the very same venue starting Sunday (16th to 20th) after she finished four shots clear of third place on 17-under-par total (70, 66, 68 and 67). Unfortunately the Duke University 2018 graduate star won’t have her sister Lisa for company (74, 75, 71 and 73 to finish at five-over, 293) which was two shots outside the leading 36 players and ties (38 in total) who advance to next week's field of 116 players from 31 different countries looking to secure their 2019 Ladies European Tour cards. 22yo Linnea Ström from Hovas, Sweden won the Pre-Qualifier by six strokes posting rounds of 66, 69, 62 and 68 for a total of 23-under-par.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now