Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
23 Dec 15 20:00
| Topic/replies: 703 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Really enjoyed the imput of the real racing people here on both the recent Thurles/Clonmel threads(not classifying myself as such,i like form study and markets). With the decs in most no doubt will be having a while to spend away from the day and having a look at what is running.
Had a quick look at Leopardstown,wasn't too enamoured with it as a punting card,the main reason i suppose was the quality of the two handicaps i thought left the card down.
Leopardstown
Concerns 5,i'm inclined to leave Tesseract out as unproven on the ground, slight preference between Ball D'arc over Billy's hope,won't dismiss but i'd be inclined to put a question mark with Beau Mone however if 4/1 or near i was impressed with Coney Island's last run to make him an ew pick.
Vigil only needs to be 90% to win this,yesterdays Clonmels hot fav A Phil Toi is hard to judge but would want to be real good,Don't Touch It doesn't look good enough and Volvalien should be held again.
Footpad was very impressive at Gowran beating Lagotovegas easily by 6L,but surely most will want the small men with Rashaan to win,also beat the aforementioned by near the same,without prices not sure which way i would go punting wise but best of luck to Rashaans connections.
Think an outsider could get this with Baroque Style after getting the run of the race last time and Dollar and A dream starting to look a bit iffy.
2.55/3.25
Expect a WPM Db,Douvan while up against two very decent ones can't be opposed,no expert in ptp's but Bacardy's has seemed to done enough in them to say he could be an exciting horse.

Happy Christmas and no doubt a few like myself will be having a sneaky look at the rp when we think we can get away with it.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View St Stephens day racing
Show More
Report pa lapsy December 26, 2015 12:28 PM GMT
I was on Beau Mome Callit, just went out like a light,scrappy run with not settling and not great jumping early, back foot.
Report workrider December 26, 2015 12:34 PM GMT
D/R they had 3 to jump and the race was OVER on here , whats going on ffs....
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 12:36 PM GMT
Yeah, the loose horse seemed to get him very lit up.
Report itcanbedone December 26, 2015 12:40 PM GMT
jumped very poorly/novicey, very unsettled early. But then you had Townened looking between his legs like he was on a machine late on.  Went out like a light.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 12:45 PM GMT
Disappointing that Limerick is off, as thought Outlander was one of the bets of the day down there.

For those that can get, the 15-8 on Sizing John without Douvan is an absolute corking bet. 5-4 would be big.

Ttebbob has been very impressive in his two chase runs, but they have been two solos. This will be a vastly different test. Sizing John was a better hurdler, and given how much this stables improve for a fence, and how he screams chaser, there is nor reason to believe TTebbob will improve more for the change of discipline.

The outright market has decided that SJ wont beat Douvan, so have made TTebbob second fav.(he in all probability wont, and Douvan is a good bet at 8-13) But that doesn't mean SJ should be behind Tttebob in that market, or the without market.

I feel Ttebbob will probably try turn this into a stamina test, and go too fast. SJ and Douvan to float past him on the turn for home.

15-8 is a ridiculous price.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 12:51 PM GMT
Backed Open Eagle.
Report pa lapsy December 26, 2015 12:52 PM GMT
Good man "Beamish", your head was on alright Grin
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 1:19 PM GMT
Thought West Wizard was worth chancing off an exploitable mark in the hcp chase at Kemp.

Likewise King of Brega in the hcp chase at Leop.

Backed Campeodor at 5s and Jers Girl at 9-2 in Juvenile.

Tea For Two looked really exciting on chase debut, and I think he will take a hell of a lot of beating. He oozed class that day, and came up out of Lizzie Kellys hands at every fence.

I though the race Native River won at Chelt kind of fell into his hands, and though the test of stamina today will suit, I just feel he lacks the class and potential of Tea For Two.

Backed Vautour at 4s, and stake saver on DC at 5-2.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 1:25 PM GMT
1.09Cry
Report workrider December 26, 2015 1:50 PM GMT
Have layed N/River..
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 2:02 PM GMT
Tea for Two not settled at all. She be better off letting him rip, and use his jumping.
Report tony57 December 26, 2015 2:07 PM GMT
what a ride from the girl..
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 2:08 PM GMT
WD Lizzy. Fair beast. Went 4 mile, pulled like f**k, nearly slipped up on paddock bend......class animal.
Report MCKENNA December 26, 2015 2:22 PM GMT
Paul Townend didn't feel well after his earlier rides so is not riding Douvan-Patrick Mullins takes the ride. Think Robbie will tear off in front and really try and put the pressure on the other 2.
Report MCKENNA December 26, 2015 2:22 PM GMT
Paul Townend didn't feel well after his earlier rides so is not riding Douvan-Patrick Mullins takes the ride. Think Robbie will tear off in front and really try and put the pressure on the other 2.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 2:40 PM GMT
I hope he does tear off McKenna. There will be a big hole waiting for him if he does.
Report workrider December 26, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
Layed Douvan ,think he'll find it tough against a mudlark like Ttebob and the classy John
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
WR thinks Vautour is useless, We shall see.
I've lumped on.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 2:50 PM GMT
And the clown layed ttebbob lto now he's with him lol a prized ****
Report freddiek December 26, 2015 2:55 PM GMT
^^
oh look the stalker is back...
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 2:56 PM GMT
WR thinks Vautour is useless

If anyone ever uttered those words, they should be committed.
Report MCKENNA December 26, 2015 3:01 PM GMT
Well done Callit, never in doubt really.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:02 PM GMT
What an absolute machine.

Just beat a bloody good animal senseless. On the snaf!!

Ttebbob found the hole!

Cheers McK.
Report workrider December 26, 2015 3:02 PM GMT
Wow what a winner , Chimp were did I say Vautour was useless you gobshyte , Callit, contempt prior to investigation ,seems you have fallen for this goons every word ...
Report Ozymandius December 26, 2015 3:04 PM GMT
did I really just read Freddie the Rat accusing someone else of stalking?  Seriously?
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:04 PM GMT
If anyone ever uttered those words

You be no good in the courtroom!!
Report Ozymandius December 26, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
Laugh
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:06 PM GMT
W Hill still going 7-2 Vautour.....11-4 on track.
Report freddiek December 26, 2015 3:07 PM GMT
ozy i see you just fecked off the man utd thread by the genuine fans!!
Report tony57 December 26, 2015 3:09 PM GMT
whos the guy in the glasses always with the mullins mob?..
Report Ozymandius December 26, 2015 3:14 PM GMT
Freddie the Rat, I have never given self confessed football hooligans the time of day, shirley u know that by now.

Informed on anybody today?
Report Ozymandius December 26, 2015 3:17 PM GMT
Great race, shame about the result!
Report tony57 December 26, 2015 3:20 PM GMT
I backed don..don't think he would of got there anyway..but great for racing that the tizzards win such a race..
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:22 PM GMT
I thought Don was the likely winner when he fell. Way race panned out, he certainly would have.

Went form 1.5 length down to half up on CC and by far the stronger stayer.

Will take some whacking in the GC.

Vautour win the Ryanair by half the track.

Not sure how I lost money on that race!!
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:26 PM GMT
Bacardys is big now at 2.5
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 3:30 PM GMT
Well wonky you infared he was useless by saying he's never beat a decent horse, tough day lads first jers girl chinned then vautour,
Ah sure, such is racing
Report workrider December 26, 2015 3:36 PM GMT
So I infared he was useless ,I said he didn't beat much , a HUGE difference Chimp . Thanks for the money you gobshyte , seems you have Callit in your pocket though fair play to ya , he seems to await your every word with bated breath .The Pink Army on the march now ye have Ozy on side...
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 3:41 PM GMT
No room for me in Chelts pocket WR.....its too wedged full o cash!!
Report freddiek December 26, 2015 3:53 PM GMT

Dec 26, 2015 -- 9:14AM, Ozymandius wrote:

Freddie the Rat, I have never given self confessed football hooligans the time of day, shirley u know that by now.Informed on anybody today?

u got called a toe-rag and worse! must know a glory-hunter when they see one.

Report workrider December 26, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
Callit youare losing the run of yourself mate , heres a guy who has just told us he backed , sorry LUMPED on Vautour and you're telling us his pockets are full ,you couldn't make it up ffs.Callit get a hold of yourself son.... You are becoming a laughing stock Laugh
Report Ozymandius December 26, 2015 3:58 PM GMT
I get called a lot worse on that thread whenever I appear...do keep up.  Pay more attention, stalker!

I console myself by having backed Stoke, Norwich Bournemouth and Wolfsburg

I really shouldn't lower myself to reply to this Rat.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 4:17 PM GMT
Wonky celebrating wining a few bob on a long odds winner (laid vautour) (chinned on the line!)
You really couldn't make this up.
Report TheWasp December 26, 2015 4:47 PM GMT
Its douvan he said he laid chelt, have to say good racing thread cossack for gold cup and vautour for ryanair
Think vaniteux is cert tomorrow
Report pa lapsy December 26, 2015 4:48 PM GMT
Can ye not take the personal insults down to the "Happy Christmas thread"

Poor day for most i'd imagine though the WPM db in the last two limited the damage for me.
Delighted for Patrick Mullins on Douvan and he handled the pressure well with the only blimp at the last. Very impressive though with the ground today not sure he deserves to be so short for the festival.
King George was a cracker,think if Ruby had his time back he'd have held him up,he certainly would have delayed kicking for home. Doubts to me getting up the hill in March. Cue Card only for the last fence blunder would have won by a length, Don Cossack could well have won,did think he had the momentum at the time.
Enjoyed the days bracing.
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 4:52 PM GMT
Well done winners.
Hard luck callit, typical mug punter stuff from you again today.
Report tony57 December 26, 2015 4:58 PM GMT
I disagree pa, I backed don, I don't think he,d of got up but im not sure Kempton is his track was all over the place in the race(don't know if that was down to the jockey?)douvan is imho the best horse that the owner has..i just love him,i was gutted for JERS GIRL not only for my pocket but for the yard (small)such a nice guy @Aintree the other week and a red to boot!
I,d appreciate anyone who lives in limerick whats the chances of it being on?.
Report pa lapsy December 26, 2015 5:11 PM GMT
Hello Tony,not disagreeing with you,in fairness to Don he was starting a fightback,we will never know,agree Kempton didn't suit either.
Very hard lines for Jers Girls backers,much the best horse,sloppy at the last was the difference,she is a lovely horse all the same.
Rained heavyish for about 12 hours earlier in Cork(60 miles),course site said twas a dry day up there haha,can't see it being on myself Tony.
Report MCKENNA December 26, 2015 5:14 PM GMT
Still misting down here Tony,no let up all day so doubt if they will get the go ahead. If they do run it, ground will have be worse than usual heavy(although "usual heavy" ground in Limerick is something else!). Racing manager has tweeted that there is a dry overnight forecast but the course is unraceable  so not sure how it will improve by the morning.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 5:15 PM GMT
Ah lads I had a great day altogether, backed 3 horses.
Jers girl.
Vautour.
Grotesque.

Beat that.
Report one last chance December 26, 2015 5:25 PM GMT
Can indeed chelts I got my money back off ice cold soul and more on top@16s and I cudnt give a flying F--k about the after timing wish Boxing Day was every day Cool
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 5:28 PM GMT
Hard luck callit, typical mug punter stuff from you again today.

I know you don't know what a winner looks like, but I do Gotchee, and I can assure you I made money today!

For those that can get, the 15-8 on Sizing John without Douvan is an absolute corking bet. 5-4 would be big.

Tea For Two looked really exciting on chase debut, and I think he will take a hell of a lot of beating. He oozed class that day, and came up out of Lizzie Kellys hands at every fence.

I though the race Native River won at Chelt kind of fell into his hands, and though the test of stamina today will suit, I just feel he lacks the class and potential of Tea For Two.

Those, along with Beau Mome were my main bets.

I had a good go at Vautour ante post, and saved on DC today at 5-2. One looked a winner everywhere bar the line, and the other would have won.

Jers Girl was done at 1.09.

Small bets on the 2 hcp chases done no damage.

Bacardys is big now at 2.5

And the days profit was iced in the bumper(along with a little gem from the Snapper in the 4.40 Wolves...but don't mention that on, its a secretWink)

Well done to all who contributed, and had an opinion. Unlucky today Chelts, thems the breaks. Cracking thread Pa. Maybe lob one up for tomorrow.

Better racing at Leop, I'm off out there myself. If anyone fancies a pint, I may have my arm twisted to sample one!

Have backed Gilgamboa e.w ante post. Will have a good go at Vaniteux and SS at Kemp.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 5:29 PM GMT
Can indeed chelts I got my money back off ice cold soul and more on top@16s and I cudnt give a flying F--k about the after timing wish Boxing Day was every day Cool

Top notch OLC, WD.
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 5:36 PM GMT
Laugh

Would you kop on to yourself callit.

Anyone who backs in every race can't win.

Yourself and snap are well matched?

Typical aftertiming stuff but that has to be expected with your postsLaugh
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 5:43 PM GMT
Every race??

You're not the brightest.

You have it sussed Gobshee.....all in on one e.w loser each day. Saves on ink at least.
Report callitasucit December 26, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
Typical aftertiming stuff but that has to be expected with your postsLaugh

WTF?!!
Report guinness2dear December 26, 2015 6:28 PM GMT
Ta Lapsy.

One of these days we will have a racing fred that is just about errr racing..

Never thought Kempers would suit DC but still thought he would win 2 out. Rupert went too soon (or pulled there) on Vatour for me. Still a great run for a virtual novice mind.
Report tony57 December 26, 2015 6:28 PM GMT
thanks MCKENNA, I really like one of elliots that was down to run today, but looks like limerick will be a washout this year,
hi pa, yes he was stating to try to get back I just think he had taken too much out of himself by then the way he was in the race jockey had to get after him just to hold position at times..but I would put it down to the track..
jers girl, as you say pa last done her
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 6:43 PM GMT
Amazes me how people come to a conclusion that horses don't stay after one run ffs, pet hate of mine,
The ironic thing is Cue Card and Don Cossack have ran like blatant non stayers more than once in their respective careers to date,
You cannot go on one performance or even two to determine wether a horse stays or not,
Whilst I can understand why ruby took it up so far out in hindsight I think he may regret going for home far too early, Vautour was dead on his feet on the run it because ruby asked him to race much too early, if Cue Card was ridden in the same manner and Vautour waited with for a bit longer then Vautour wins easy and is a short priced fav for the GC, I really hope they don't go the Ryanair on the back of that, that's the easy option imo, Gold Cups are what racing is about, they need to run him over 3 miles again, hold onto him if he doesn't win then by all means run him in the Ryanair. Ruby knew passing the post he was chinned ye could see it in his body language, great race mind even though it cost me, and another valiant effort in defeat my al ferof, let's hope the Lexus is as exciting but I doubt it!
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
Vatour won't  stay the Gold Cup trip. If you can't see that cheltenhambore you should give it up and take up knitting.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 8:36 PM GMT
Not even each way gobber??Laugh
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 9:20 PM GMT
If you knew anything about racing cheltenhambore you would know that Ricci doesn't buy staying chasers. Apart from Djackadam I doubt Ricci has had  a horse that has won a decent 3 mile chase?
Stick to the knitting cheltenhambore because Vatour wouldn't stay three mile two and a half furlongs in the back of a horsebox.
You display a shocking level of ignorance.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 9:28 PM GMT
Dear me, what a clown we have here, if you heard Riccis interview today that would be mistake rather than design,
Now get into bed ye eejet ye
Report snap crackle and pop December 26, 2015 9:37 PM GMT
Has the gobshee given up putting up ew losers....!?

Was trawling thru this thread earlier trying to find his pick for a place lay
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 9:39 PM GMT
Stick to the knitting cheltenhambore.
You are a reservoir of useless information.Laugh
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 9:43 PM GMT
Look who has just arrived^

All we need now is (I never back a loser) callitasucit and the tricast will be upLaugh
Report CheltenhamRoar December 26, 2015 9:54 PM GMT
Would that be an each way tri cast gobber??Grin
Report The Gotchee December 26, 2015 9:57 PM GMT
Go to bed ya numpty, they are laughing at you over on the "sunday" thread as well as this oneLaugh
Report mitch leary December 26, 2015 10:35 PM GMT
Yes Cheltenham horses don't stay after one run. Look at Florida pearl King George and 4 hennessys didn't see out gold cup trip fully.
Report easygold December 27, 2015 12:27 AM GMT

Dec 26, 2015 -- 11:28AM, callitasucit wrote:

Hard luck callit, typical mug punter stuff from you again today. I know you don't know what a winner looks like, but I do Gotchee, and I can assure you I made money today!For those that can get, the 15-8 on Sizing John without Douvan is an absolute corking bet. 5-4 would be big.Tea For Two looked really exciting on chase debut, and I think he will take a hell of a lot of beating. He oozed class that day, and came up out of Lizzie Kellys hands at every fence.I though the race Native River won at Chelt kind of fell into his hands, and though the test of stamina today will suit, I just feel he lacks the class and potential of Tea For Two. Those, along with Beau Mome were my main bets.I had a good go at Vautour ante post, and saved on DC today at 5-2. One looked a winner everywhere bar the line, and the other would have won.Jers Girl was done at 1.09.Small bets on the 2 hcp chases done no damage.Bacardys is big now at 2.5 And the days profit was iced in the bumper(along with a little gem from the Snapper in the 4.40 Wolves...but don't mention that on, its a secret)Well done to all who contributed, and had an opinion. Unlucky today Chelts, thems the breaks. Cracking thread Pa. Maybe lob one up for tomorrow. Better racing at Leop, I'm off out there myself. If anyone fancies a pint, I may have my arm twisted to sample one!Have backed Gilgamboa e.w ante post. Will have a good go at Vaniteux and SS at Kemp.

Newbury....... come on...... the race he won at NEWBURY

Report freddiek December 27, 2015 12:34 AM GMT

Dec 26, 2015 -- 9:58AM, Ozymandius wrote:

I get called a lot worse on that thread whenever I appear...do keep up.  Pay more attention, stalker!I console myself by having backed Stoke, Norwich Bournemouth and Wolfsburg I really shouldn't lower myself to reply to this Rat.

add "useless, cowardly no-mark" to the list. oh dear how do you do it Oz? Laugh

Report CheltenhamRoar December 27, 2015 10:45 AM GMT
^^Stalker alert
Report insideinfo December 27, 2015 2:11 PM GMT
you seem to have done your plums on boxing day cheltenhambore.no wonder you're in full seethe mode today LaughLaugh and accusing others of stalking as well.maybe if you were'nt such a tw&t you wouldnt have these "stalkers"
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 12:08 AM GMT
ROLL ON 2016

Stormy weather up until Sunday/Christmas Day BUT from St. Stephens Day all next week's forecast is pretty good for racing...

One of the races of the day imho will be the Grade 2 Novice Chase @ 2.00 in LIMERICK.....where DIAMOND KING takes on Bellshill, with Haymount & Nambour waiting in the wings.

Very shortly after in the LEOPARDSTOWN 2.20 it's another match with the clash of the MIN 4/5 & Identity Thief 2/1.

Went looking for Gordon's Christmas present winner to the Sloan's in DOWN ROYAL and found The Storyteller in the earlier 1.55pm.
The Sloan's only other runner on Boxing Day up north is Meade's Runforbob, but he has Gordon's Broken Soul to contend with in that bumper.

TTK,
Surely SOME NECK should finally get his neck in front this week ???
.....also another to watch is Lapsy's BACARDYS later in the week.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS PUNTERS
© CMiyc Devil
Report Ozymandius December 24, 2016 8:30 AM GMT
Does anyone see any benefit in rising these old threads?
Report Bigwillystyle December 24, 2016 8:38 AM GMT
€xxxx double. Min (won't come off the bridle) and Yanworth.
Report elvissss December 24, 2016 10:16 AM GMT
Stop living in the past catchme Crazy - U could always start a ((((NEW))) thread imo

U could even call it St Stephens day racing 2017
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 12:39 PM GMT
LIMERICK just been priced up with a few ....

They have Bellshill (10/11), Diamond King (3) with Haymount (9/2).
Thought the two would be closer BUT WPM has targeted this race down the years, with Outlander 1/2Fav & Sir Des Champs 4/7Fav previous winners
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 12:46 PM GMT
2.40 KEMPTON Christmas Hurdle sees Yanworth 6/4fav vs The New One 2/1 with My Tent Or Yours 11/2. bol
Report CheltenhamRoar December 24, 2016 1:16 PM GMT
I'll be all over identity thief, been very impressed with him this season, min is good but swap the trainers and IT is odds on.

I'd also be a layer on yanworth, has yet to impress when thrown in deep end and this obviously not the original intended target.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 1:28 PM GMT
That Knight Frank Juvenile Hurdle 1.15 LEOPARDSTOWN has thrown up some funny results with 12/1, 20/1 & 33/1 winners in recent times with only three favs obliging in the last 18 attempts. Maybe best to watch Landofhopeandglory 15/8 & Bapaume 9/4 from the box.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 1:34 PM GMT
With all the racing going on, it would be easy to miss out on Gordon's two favs in WETHERBY at 3.00 MOUNTAIN KING 7/2 & 3.35 SKEAPING 11/4.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 4:57 PM GMT
ParkExpress,
Did you also noticed that Melbourne Cup trainer Tony Martin has the 3/1 fav in KEMPTON 2.05 (Grade 1 Novices' Chase) Anibale Fly

...with Frodon (4/1 P.Nicholls), Might Bite (8/1 Henderson), Present Man (8/1 P.Nicholls) & Minella Daddy (9's Peter Bowen) to beat.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 5:03 PM GMT
A little surprising too that BJG has only 3 rides in Kempton...(2 for JP).
Report CustomCut December 24, 2016 6:17 PM GMT
Skeaping looks underpriced at Wetherby, mark isn't very generous and Lift The Lid looks very good, won easily last time in an OK race, rise is fair and he's just really unexposed. Might have won his second last start too if it was over 2 miles. Cue Card very much the one for me in the King George, don't think he really likes Kempton but people are going crazy thinking Thistlecrack is another Kauto just because he beat Shaneshill and Alpha Des Obeaux easily. Hasn't yet proved he's more than a 170 horse for me, Cue Card is a 175-180 horse and a more solid jumper. In a weaker King George I would fancy Josses Hill.

In Ireland:
Leopardstown:
1.50 Another Challenge 12/1. Trainer is underrated does very well with handicap hurdlers and this one looks sure to run well.
2.20 Identity Thief 2/1. Better hurdler than Min and De Bromhead tends to improve them a lot more for a fence than Mullins does. Not that impressive that time but Cooper sounded happy afterwards, the form has been boosted and I think he's a horse that needs getting stuck into to perform at his best. Outsiders in this race look lively too.
2.55 Riviera Sun 9/2. Walsh messed up on this one last time, didn't get after him until he made a mistake at the last and ran on very well. He's a De Bromhead chaser rated lower than he was over hurdles so he should be well handicapped and I thought he had plenty in hand despite his defeat last time. Encouraging that Walsh chooses to ride him and the lack of fences in the closing stages at Leopardstown might help.
3.30 Champayne Lady 33/1. Ran a decent race over hurdles last time and very interesting that he goes back here for a bumper. I get the impression Fleming/Connell are keen for winners at this meeting and as Leopardstown bumpers go this doesn't look a great one. Matin D'Anjou doesn't look a 50/1 shot either.
Limerick:
2.35 Never Again 4/1. Showed a liking for this track, like many of Jonjo Walsh's horses, when winning back in March. Could be well handicapped on that and is unexposed anyway. Should be laid out for this on return.
Down Royal:
12.50 Paper Lantern 12/1 and 3.00 Keady Lady 20/1. Both of these are Karl Thornton handicap debutantes, he does very well with handicappers and very well at Down Royal and both of them have fair looking marks.
2.30 Calino D'Airy 10/3. Not without market support and ran better than the bare result in what is typically an extremely hot bumper at Fairyhouse. Henry De Bromhead horses do very well on hurdling debut and this looks winnable.
3.35 Blairs Cove 5/2. I'm a huge fan of Twomey as a trainer and this horse ran very well at the Punchestown festival, the easiest horse to beat in NH racing, Broken Soul, is the favourite.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 26, 2016 2:50 PM GMT
Bigwillystyle • December 24, 2016 8:38 AM GMT
€xxxx double. Min (won't come off the bridle) and Yanworth.
Wd Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 1:18 AM GMT
TTK,
Surely SOME NECK should finally get his neck in front at 12pm in LIMERICK ?????

HAPPY CHRISTMAS PUNTERS
©  CMiyc Devil
Report workrider December 27, 2016 8:33 AM GMT
Feel like I OWN that Some Neck the amount I've lot on him.  Hopefully today IS his day.
Report workrider December 27, 2016 8:33 AM GMT
LOST.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 27, 2016 10:52 AM GMT
Rich & Susannah Ricci's form figs since John Durkan day.

No pressure some neck!
Report yourbestmate December 27, 2016 11:13 AM GMT
At least copy and paste who tweeted that.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 27, 2016 11:20 AM GMT
Sorry, doing Matt Chapman a big disservice
Report workrider December 27, 2016 12:08 PM GMT
AT LAST IT WINS.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 2:26 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan  • December 24, 2016 12:08 AM GMT 
ROLL ON 2016
TTK,

Now just need BACARDYS to oblige Devil
Report CheltenhamRoar December 27, 2016 2:52 PM GMT
The crafty butcher has no chance, useless yoke.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 8:18 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan  • December 24, 2016 12:08 AM GMT 
ROLL ON 2016
Stormy weather up until Sunday/Christmas Day BUT from St. Stephens Day all next week's forecast is pretty good for racing...
One of the races of the day imho will be the Grade 2 Novice Chase @ 2.00 in LIMERICK.....where DIAMOND KING takes on Bellshill, with Haymount & Nambour waiting in the wings.
Very shortly after in the LEOPARDSTOWN 2.20 it's another match with the clash of the MIN 4/5 & Identity Thief 2/1.
Went looking for Gordon's Christmas present winner to the Sloan's in DOWN ROYAL and found The Storyteller in the earlier 1.55pm.
The Sloan's only other runner on Boxing Day up north is Meade's Runforbob, but he has Gordon's Broken Soul to contend with in that bumper.
TTK,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS PUNTERS
© CMiyc

FIVE (YES 5) highlighted WINNERS, out of Six picks...and a €xxxx double to add to those accums for good measure........Good start I'd say Devil

Other poor punters must have watched that movie 'Back to the Future' with their spiteful "2017" suggestions ! (says alot)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 11:06 PM GMT
Didn't see any mention of Henry De Bromhead's winner Special Tiara (1/1, SP 8/11fav)...pity, we missed out on that one over in Kempton today !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 12:02 AM GMT
See Mr Jacob is getting some well deserved congratulations on twitter for his ride on Might Bite for Nicky Henderson on St. Stephen Day.

Cheltenham Milkman ‏@PuntersMilkman  · Dec 26 
Poor Darryl Jacob-not sure which brought more shame to his Mammy-his brother being a porn star r him burying Might Bite??Who'd be a jockey!

@bethsdad2  · Dec 26 
Well done Darryl Jacob on the most stupid bit of riding iv seen for a while, ten length clear and he's slamming into last fence, utter clown.

@ClodDuval  · Dec 26
Popping open a Jacob's Creek here; ironically precisely where I suspect young Darryl will be when Hendo catches up with him later.
Report elvissss December 28, 2016 12:22 AM GMT
No sh1t sherlock Crazy
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 1:56 PM GMT
ROLL ON 2017

(((((St Stephens day racing 2017)))))

DECS are out for TUESDAY
...after Al Boum Photo wins the Grade 2 at 2.10 in Lmk for WPM/DJ Mullins, we see Death Duty set to take on FOOTPAD at 2.20 Leop.

.....cue some dead rock'n'roll star coming on with some nonsense comment UnowhatimeanBARRY Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
JOESPH one to watch this year (again)..... early entries

26Dec18 Leo 2m. 1f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Shady Operator 11-12
26Dec18 Leo 2m. 1f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Le Richebourg 11-12 150
26Dec18 Leo 2m. 1f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Us And Them 11-12
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Majurca 11-3
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Speak Easy 11-10
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Shady Operator 11-10
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Mortal 11-10
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Le Richebourg 11-10
26Dec18 Lim 2m. 3f. 4y+ NovCh (100K)(Grd 1) Tower Bridge 11-10
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now