Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CheltenhamRoar
14 Dec 15 10:38
| Topic/replies: 15,383 | Blogger: CheltenhamRoar's blog
We just need a few proper racing enthusiasts on here, the irony of these kinda threads is the people who create them are more often than not the main culprits as to why it's become so bad.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View forum very sad place
Show More
Report Rocketfingers December 14, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
Ha Tony having posts removed it's ok Tones i know you read and so did everyone else.

You have still no answer to the fact as to why you felt the need to lie to the forum that you were going to Newbury? You did not even know their was another connection to get after Wolves mate, shows you have never been to Newbury racecourse before. Wink
Report TheWasp December 14, 2015 9:52 PM GMT
As a neutral observer in this newbury episode, I think it is time we got to the bottom of it.
Where were you on the day Tony for the proposed 11 meeting time
Report pa lapsy December 14, 2015 9:54 PM GMT
Disagree with the last posts,think Callit/Snooker is his own man and is a single poster. In fairness from him he took a lot of time with racing/golf threads. Agree there is a lot of multiple usernames playing around alright.
Sad to see Tonys name being dragged through the mud albeit by one poster.
The hounding and baiting of Workrider by the same few heads is the real sadness of the place.
Report pa lapsy December 14, 2015 9:57 PM GMT
By last posts i meant Inside and pre-Fat.
Report Rocketfingers December 14, 2015 9:59 PM GMT
I am in total agreement the Wasp, it's a simple question Tony asked by the Wasp, let's get to the bottom of it my friend, now i will drag the thread up and we can all examine your train journey taht was meant to have got you to Newbury racecourse by 11am as you wanted to do some pavement dancing as you're such a big man, although i believe you changed that to 11:45 that time of the train's arrival, however the train got in 30 minutes after that. One moment gents.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:15 PM GMT
Pa sorry but wonks is just as guilty for hounding and baiting people on here, double standards.
Report TheWasp December 14, 2015 10:16 PM GMT
Take those blinkers off bitter one
Report pa lapsy December 14, 2015 10:20 PM GMT
I accept it is retaliation at times CR,all the same there are some "nice" topics in the top dozen or so threads and people hopping on them isn't the right answer given the author in question.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:21 PM GMT
Wonks is the worst of the lot, but pa just turns a blind eye,
Wildman knows what he's like but is too noble to ever say how he feels,
Report freddiek December 14, 2015 10:22 PM GMT
ye're one sad fecker chelt. angry little keyboard-basher.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:25 PM GMT
Nedzer I prefer to ignore you, it gets to u more.
Report Rocketfingers December 14, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
NeddieK go back and sleep it off what ever your on.
Report pa lapsy December 14, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
You have "The Wonkometer" and "Wonkys celebrity top 10" in the top few threads and  you are accusing me of turning a blind eye CR?
Is it right?
Report freddiek December 14, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
chelts has no friends in the real world; has to create a little gang on here!!
Report freddiek December 14, 2015 10:33 PM GMT
and if the forum lunatic is backing u up you deffo have problems!
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:38 PM GMT
Sorry pa I didn't create them threads, wonks is well able to look after himself.
Take 2 minutes out of your life pa and look at some of the threads wonks has created, some are beyond pathetic.
And now the child is telling us that ozy is private mailing him saying he wants to switch allegiances (his words)
Knowing him I'd say there's a chance ozy is banned and he's making stuff up about him, would just about sum him up.
Report workrider December 14, 2015 10:39 PM GMT
A sad state of affairs indeed Freddiek ,poor chap is worried about Ozy and what he knows ,Ozy not on here denying it either I see ,maybe he is planning to out him or something...
Report TheWasp December 14, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
sad even for you wonks with this carry on
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:44 PM GMT
Wonky you have been exposed for all to see, prove your not a liar and copy and paste the pm he sent you,
You know there's no such thing your a bit of a freak, making up something that doesn't exist is a tad worrying for the mental health,
You could easily end this all by posting this phantom pm, but we all know your not all there,
Exposed.
Report workrider December 14, 2015 10:44 PM GMT
Waspy you worried about the goings on in that Inner Circle as well ?
Report freddiek December 14, 2015 10:46 PM GMT
chelt is always looking for ozy's approval in a childish way. im embarrassed for him now that his hero has done a runner.
Report workrider December 14, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
Chimp , sit back and relax theres a good lad ,take a deep breath , why worry it'll all come out in the wash...
Report TheWasp December 14, 2015 10:48 PM GMT
ya worried my bank manager will think im dealing im bringing in so much winnings wonk
Report workrider December 14, 2015 10:48 PM GMT
Chimp ,how dare you ask me to expose your leader , have you no shame...
Report TheWasp December 14, 2015 10:49 PM GMT
jeez wonks i think we are all worried for you with this kind of carry on
Report CheltenhamRoar December 14, 2015 10:50 PM GMT
Wonkatonk get inta bed ye eejet ye Love
Report insideinfo December 14, 2015 11:54 PM GMT
the only friends a sad fekcer like cheltenhambore has are the other usernames he has created for himself on here.sad excuse for a human being imho
Report CheltenhamRoar December 15, 2015 10:26 AM GMT
That really is funny coming from you wonkatonk
Report Ozymandius December 15, 2015 11:11 AM GMT
Suggest that in future if you wish to meet a man to fight in a car park at a race track that you obtain his telephone number to facilitate a more smooth rendez-vous.
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 11:14 AM GMT
agreed oz..but would you ..and I know your not a wrong one in this way..would you trust that! with your number oz,,really?
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 11:15 AM GMT
would you trust that man with any number of yours oz..?
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 11:16 AM GMT
just for the record oz..a while ago I offerd to give my number to a 3rd party and sort it..he refused..its like dealing with a child.
Report Ozymandius December 15, 2015 11:23 AM GMT
Ok, well, lets get this scrap on anyway.

A car park at a racetrack is an excellent place for such an event.

Can you clarify, Tony, if you still want to fight the man and if so what meeting would you be happy to do so at?

I would propose the Cheltenham Festival for maximum exposure, it will surely draw a decent crowd, and perhaps someone might price it up?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 11:48 AM GMT
We about to dock with the space station in the next few minutes...

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 11:51 AM GMT
The hatches between the Soyuz and space station will be opened at about 2:25 p.m., and the newly arrived crew members will be greeted by Expedition 46 Commander Scott Kelly of NASA and Flight Engineers Sergey Volkov and Mikhail Kornienko of Roscosmos. NASA TV coverage of the hatch opening will begin at 2 p.m.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 11:53 AM GMT
Kelly and Kornienko will return in March 2016 with Volkov after spending a year on the station collecting valuable biomedical data that will improve our understanding of the effects of long duration space travel and aid in NASA’s journey to Mars, just in time for Cheltenham too.
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 12:20 PM GMT
oz..the Wednesday of the festival is fine by me..but what odds do you give of a coward turning up who only go,s racing once every 3 yrs?also don't forget hes already been found out for telling lies about last years festival?..good luck with the promotion oz..but if you want to make a book..the shrewd does is on a no show....Laugh
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 4:34 PM GMT
chealts, the man is a gentleman, I haven't a clue what you are on about or why you bring him up to me?im proud to call the man a friend, and nothing you or anyone could say about him would change that. I respect the man.
Report tobywong. December 15, 2015 4:38 PM GMT
wonks a gentleman, ffs tony Cry
Report insideinfo December 15, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
workrider certainly a decent spud,unlike the ego that is cheltenhambore.
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
toby..i know he has differences with people on here. so I don't want to get into that..but I stand by what ive said.
Report workrider December 15, 2015 4:50 PM GMT
Tony let them be they'll only turn on you, I know and you know thats all that matters....
Report TheWasp December 15, 2015 4:53 PM GMT
whats all this nonsense about pms you have wonks, put up or shut up would be my motto
Report Ozymandius December 15, 2015 5:00 PM GMT
Obviously such a 'gentleman' will be able to reproduce said PM's.

If he does, I will happily donate 10K to a charity of your choice, Tony.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 5:43 PM GMT
NASA - The Soyuz is confirmed to have docked with International Space Station.
The first British astronaut (and 221st on the ISS) Tim Peake makes history and docks at the International Space Station
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 5:43 PM GMT
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
Report dj876 December 15, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
An argument about whether Tony57 was at Newbury or not.

Who gives a continental,I am not sure if it's more embarrassing for the plaintiff or the defendant.

Now we have pre-arranged fights in car parks between contributors from an anonymous sports forum Cry,the only saving grace is the derisive Don King caricature.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2015 5:45 PM GMT
Opening the hatches in 15 mins.
Report tobywong. December 15, 2015 5:46 PM GMT
too true dj , as i have said many times before the only fkn figure that matters on here is the one in your p & l
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 5:57 PM GMT
dj..when you have a troll on your case come back and talk to me
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 6:38 PM GMT
At no time did Tony extend the offer of giving our number to a 3rd party, if so please find it Tony. The facts of the matter is you were not at Newbury so no offer like that was ever goign to be produced. YOu were caught BSing and shown up for the spoofer you are. Don't mess with the Irish Tony history has shown that.
Report dj876 December 15, 2015 6:43 PM GMT
Tony57

I am laughing my boll@cks off here.

You're seriously getting this wound up by a cyber caricature with the alias Roketfingers on the BF forum.

As Borneo said to another scouser this week you need to grow a thicker shell.

It doesn't shine a great light on you that you're willing to meet up for car park brawling at noon.

If the poster effects you that much don't engage,but if you meet up be careful he has notoriously quick hands.

RF- What are you raving about? No one cares whether you or Tony 57 were at Newbury.
Report pa lapsy December 15, 2015 6:44 PM GMT
Do ya remember this one Rocket,

Rocketfingers,"I was on the phone to Workrider YESTERDAY"
Workrider, " i haven't heard from Rocketfingers in over a year"

Were ya caught BSing yourself there RF and shown for the spoofer you are there or what?

I can bring up the thread if you want.
Report pa lapsy December 15, 2015 6:49 PM GMT
Think Rocket Think.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 6:51 PM GMT
Because he came on here giving it the large one about going, told him i was going myself then, then he wanted to have a fight again acting the big man, i just said fine but you better be there, worked out his train time and he was lieing his behind off. The guy did not have the IQ required to work out the train times, just a waste of time this lad, imagine this guy gives out tips, who would listen to a liar like that, there used to be stories about guys like him in the RP years ago. He liar and i caught him out and that is why he so wound up.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 6:56 PM GMT
The fact is Tony you said you were going to be there and yet you never were, you have been caught out by me lieing then have the cheek to come on here and call me a lair, you have been owed by me massively me, you are now the forum liar, always remember that my friend you are a LIAR Laugh.
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 6:57 PM GMT
im sure all the irish on here are very proud they were born under the same flag as you..the big man from Sligo..
Report pa lapsy December 15, 2015 6:58 PM GMT
You are some dope Rocket,i know who he is(he told me), i know his involvement in racing, he isn't telling any lies and you are hounding him,that is why he is wound up.
Report tony57 December 15, 2015 6:59 PM GMT
pa, don't get involed, the mans not all there its what I try to tell people they think im over reacting..hes a screw loose.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 6:59 PM GMT
They are proud i turn up when offered out, not like you hahaha.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 7:04 PM GMT
A screw loose? You pretend to are train stations getting imaginary trains and offer people out to fight when you know you won't turn up, go away ya fool of liar and get some brains before the whole forums laughs you out of here Laugh
Report kavvie December 15, 2015 7:21 PM GMT
tony is a lot more irish and has a lot more irish blood in him than a lot on here..heres a few facts..he was at newbury.he rang me from there,i heard the pa in the background..he goes racing regularly.he was recently at bangor and aintree. he has pictures up to prove it..the one mistake he made was engaging with the fantasist..maybe he will stop now..
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 7:37 PM GMT
What, You heard Pa in the background? Must have been riding each other.
Report kavvie December 15, 2015 7:41 PM GMT
typical reply..
Report Ozymandius December 15, 2015 7:58 PM GMT
"forum is sad place" according to man who wishes to have a fight on the Wednesday of the Cheltenham Festival in a car park.  Lapsy egging him on!

This place is hilarious at times!

Carry on, comedy gold!
Report pa lapsy December 15, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
I,m egging no one on "the gimp", Rocketfingers is a proven liar as said above,you can't deny that and he can't either.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 8:11 PM GMT
Kavvie is on the wind up too Oz, won't let it go, nearly starting to feel sorry for poor liar as i they're taking the hand of him, if i had known it meant this much to be caught out i would have put some shoe polish around my eye and took a snap. Laugh
Report kavvie December 15, 2015 8:14 PM GMT
explain where im on the wind up please?
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 8:33 PM GMT
" I was brought up not to hide behind a screen and to face someone I have a problem with..you are a coward."

Hahaha ah Newbury, the car park, the proposed fight, ha can't make this up, comdey gold is right Laugh
Report mincer11 December 15, 2015 9:19 PM GMT
Looks like Pa was going to be the corner man.
Report freddiek December 15, 2015 9:25 PM GMT
can somebody stage an intervention for rocket?? he's really gone off the deep end lately. not nice to see with Xmas upon us.
Report Rocketfingers December 15, 2015 9:47 PM GMT
Pa

https://themoviereviewdude.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/burgess_meredith_mickey_goldmill_rocky.png
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2016 6:18 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BcBZ0tAI

Hadfield’s cover (when he shared this video on Facebook) is “possibly the most poignant version of the song ever created” - David Bowie. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiiFplMWls
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 18, 2016 10:38 PM GMT
And sadly...Glenn Frey RIP..."you can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 11, 2016 4:12 PM GMT
Singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen has died at the age of 82. "It is with profound sorrow we report that legendary poet, songwriter and artist, Leonard Cohen has passed away," a statement read on his Facebook page last might. The statement did not include the cause of death. Cohen is perhaps best known for his 1967 song "Suzanne" and 1984's "Hallelujah." Cohen's career spanned five decades, and he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6zMPLcXZ8 (great intro)

Leonard Cohen RIP
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 11, 2016 4:14 PM GMT
Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by, you can spend the night forever
And you know that she's half-crazy but that's why you want to be there
And she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her that you have no love to give her
Then he gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer that you've always been her lover

And you want to travel with her, and you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind

And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water
And he spent a long time watching from his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain only drowning men could see him
He said all men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them
But he himself was broken, long before the sky would open
Forsaken, almost human, he sank beneath your wisdom like a stone

And you want to travel with him, and you want to travel blind
And you think you maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with her mind

Now, Suzanne takes your hand and she leads you to the river
She's wearing rags and feathers from Salvation Army counters
And the sun pours down like honey on our lady of the harbour
And she shows you where to look among the garbage and the flowers
There are heroes in the seaweed, there are children in the morning
They are leaning out for love and they will lean that way forever
While Suzanne holds her mirror

And you want to travel with her, and you want to travel blind
And you know that you can trust her
For she's touched your perfect body with her mind
Report rock piper November 11, 2016 4:23 PM GMT
RIP Leonard Cohen.
RIP Glen Frey.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 11, 2016 5:19 PM GMT
Arnie, ALI, Bowie, Merle Haggard & PRINCE to name but five. RIP.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 11, 2016 5:58 PM GMT
FYI
In a change to tonight's schedule, BBC Four will show Songs From A Life (8.45pm) and Bird On A Wire (11pm) as a tribute to Leonard Cohen.
Report rock piper November 11, 2016 10:53 PM GMT
The Friday evening band in the pub done a few Cohen covers tonight but the songs are so personal and of themselves they are so hard to cover. The wrong man got the Nobel prize.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 12, 2016 11:31 AM GMT
"Everybody knows the fight was fixed, The poor stay poor, the rich get rich, That's how it goes, Everybody knows." - L.COHEN.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2016 5:15 PM GMT
And now Status Quo guitarist 'Rockin all over the World' Rick Parfitt has died. RIP.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 1:34 AM GMT
George Michael RIP.
Over the course of his nearly four-decade-long music career, he sold over 100 million albums. Elton John on George Michael’s death: “I am in deep shock. I have lost a beloved friend”.... Man he had some great catchy songs.

http://pitchfork.com/news/70598-elton-john-mark-ronson-liam-gallagher-more-react-to-george-michaels-death/?mbid=social_twitter
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 10:34 AM GMT
Sir Elton John could be set to sing at friend George Michael 's funeral.
It's believed the singer could pay tribute to his close pal by performing a poignant version of their 1991 hit Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me.
Report padlock December 28, 2016 10:45 AM GMT
Good man Elton
He still standing
Report norn iron December 28, 2016 10:57 AM GMT
ID SAY BRAVE FEW WENT DOWN ON BOTH THEM Wink
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 12:22 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKqMNDoR4o
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 12:03 AM GMT
Time to also remember.....

Top selling TOM PETTY
Forefathers Chuck BERRY and FATS Domino
Legendary GLEN Campbell
ACDC’s Malcom YOUNG
Report olddesperado December 23, 2017 12:37 AM GMT
Our own Eamonn Campbell,   

Sadly missed.
Report olddesperado December 23, 2017 12:42 AM GMT
Without even bothering to google it i would guess Philip will be about 30 years dead in early january Sad
Report olddesperado December 23, 2017 12:44 AM GMT
Christy Hennessy i think was around christmas too,

Wonderful voice,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 1:07 AM GMT
Lynott 4Jan1986 & Christy 11Dec 2007 fyi
Report olddesperado December 23, 2017 8:24 AM GMT
32 years wow.

I remember the day well,

I knew he was in hospital but was still absolutely shocked when news started coming through.

I had every album he ever released at that time.

Other than the new band he set up before his death if they ever had an album I dont know.
Report olddesperado December 23, 2017 8:27 AM GMT
Joe dolan was christmas time too.

There certainly was no show like a joe show,  fabulous entertainer and voice.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 11:43 AM GMT
Thought you know him as PHIL tbh Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 11:12 PM GMT
Voted the best Christmas song of all time in various polls in the UK, Ireland and elsewhere, "Fairytale of New York" is a much-loved Christmas staple. The Pogues song, which is sung by lead singer Shane MacGowan and the late Kirsty MacColl, was released in November 1987.
Since the late 1980s, the witty track has become an enduring classic and has entered the UK chart a total of 14 times, most recently in 2016.
Songwriters Shane MacGowan and bandmate Jem Finer certainly aren't complaining – the song generates a cool $535,000 in royalties a year. Devil

...better start getting pen to paper Old Desperado.

DID YOU KNOW...
In early 1934, New York-based composer Fred Coots teamed up with lyricist Haven Gillespie to write "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town," and the rest is history. The song, performed by Tom Stacks, was an instant hit, selling 400,000 copies by Christmas 1934. Over the years, the song has been covered by more than 200 artists and is played religiously on radio every Christmas. Coots and Gillespie made enormous sums of money from the song, and their estates still benefit to this day. In total, the song is estimated to have generated $22 million.

Many of the Christmas standards we enjoy today were actually written by one man, New York-born songwriter Johnny Marks. The hitmaker penned "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer"; "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"; "A Holly, Jolly Christmas" and more. By the early 1980s, Marks was raking in millions of dollars in royalties. His Rudolph classic alone was earning him $600,000 a year, which is around $1.8 million in today's money, and Marks was a very wealthy individual when he died in 1985.

The accolade for writing the world's best-selling Christmas single goes to Irving Berlin, who is regarded as one of America's greatest songwriters. "His White Christmas" classic has sold more than 150 million copies in total. The song, which was written sometime around 1940, was popularized by Bing Crosby, who recorded his version in 1942. Berlin was worth tens of millions of dollars when he died in 1989, and "White Christmas" is thought to have earned his estate more than $24 million.
Report olddesperado December 24, 2017 8:38 AM GMT
You learn something every day,

Fairytale makes christmas for me tbh.
I never tire of it.

I also love O holy night and the various versions Ronan Collins plays daily from early December.

Its funny you mentioned penning one catchme as ive often thought the exact same thing Laugh.

I wouldnt be greedy either a cheque for 30 or 40 k through the letterbox each january would do fine.
Report kavvie December 24, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
a tip for a future christmas worldwide number 1   an irish lady called fiona guiheen  has a song out at the mo.its on youtube.    all it needs is to be marketed properly ..its a really magical song.
Report peckerdunne December 24, 2017 2:32 PM GMT
I am sorry but the bells just don't jingle through the night for me with this horrible track.

It's not quite plagiarism but they made a strap line that was not shall we say, unique.

God this was awful.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 16, 2018 2:04 PM GMT
The Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies suddenly in London. She was only 46 and is survived by her three children. RIP.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now