Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
28 Nov 15 18:24
| Topic/replies: 10,828 | Blogger: tony57's blog
1.10 GUNNERY SERGEANT@9/2
I have to go back in again with this one as I put him up lto when he would of won imo .
3.30 LEICESTER
CATHERINES WELL @3/1
drops into her first handicap, ran well enough lto @plumpton yard are still firing would of won her novice but fell upsides at the last when looking all over the winner last season.
Share |
Show More
Report slickster November 28, 2015 7:48 PM GMT
2 beasts with no chance.
Report Ozymandius November 28, 2015 8:32 PM GMT
Tony, am going to have to pull you on your language of late. And I don't just mean 'would of', 'could of', 'should of' etc.

Out of interest, how long did you spend in the car par at Newbury searching for a man in a cap carrying a Racing Post?
Report tony57 November 28, 2015 8:45 PM GMT
Laughvery good oz...I apoligise
Report workrider November 28, 2015 10:03 PM GMT
Have backed Bachasson w/p on here ,this is a very promising home and looks sure to put it up to Long Dog tomorrow , G/Sargent was in the process of winning when coming to grief @ Gowran ,will need to bounce back and at this stage of his carrer will find it tough aganist the Mullins pair . Long Dog has the potential to bevery good but there is something about Bachasson that appeals to me .
Monksland is coming to chasing a little later than ideal, but he has a little bit of class about him, and if this were a hurdle he'd be giving these weight and a beating, with his recent debut win behind him he can put his experience to good use and win. That race at Gowran  also produced Don Poli who went on to greater things last season .
Killer Crow was just getting into the race lto when making a horlicks of one , he has the making of a chaser and would be my e/w selection in the 3.10.
Report callitasucit November 28, 2015 10:43 PM GMT
I have Long Dog backed ante post for the Albert Bartlett, and also at 14-1 to win any race at the festival, so hope he does the business tomorrow.

Though I wont be backing him, as certainly doesn't see any mileage in his price. I was hoping Ruby would ride Bachasson to increase the price on LD, but knew there was no real chance of that. One he has to ride for Ricci, and two he thinks an awful lot of LD.

I was massively taken by Bacchason too when he won in Galway. That was a rubbish event though, and Ruby said he could name 4/5 better at home already, so is not a star in his eyes.

Still think Long Dog will certainly be better over further, and if he wins tomorrow it will be despite the trip.

The 12-1 available for Any Race is still a good bet IMO.
Report norn iron November 28, 2015 10:44 PM GMT
RASHAAN IMPRESSIVE IN BOTH WINS ON HEAVY   ALSO THINK NEWBURY NEW IS OVERPRICED   AS THE DOWN ROYAL RACE MISSY TATA WON WAS WEAK  IMO SILLY PRICE @   4/6

ALPHA DES OBEAX LOOKING FORWARD COULD WELL BE CHAMPION HURDLE CONTENDER    DANGER GWENCILLY BERBAS   REV4CAST

HARVEY LOGAN SAVER VOTE OF CONFIDENCE 

FREE EXPRESSION NAP THINK LOT MORE COME AND WAS UNLUCKY  LTO  SUB LIEUTENANT IS DEFINITLEY GOING WIN DECENT CHASES THIS YEAR WORTH FEW £  AS SAVER        REV4CAST 

KILLER CROW  NB

DECENT CARD AS USUAL  GOOD LUCK PUNTERS
Report Bigwillystyle November 28, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
Tony, Gunnery has no chance. Nasty fall last time and won't be mapped tomorrow. Save your money.
Report workrider November 28, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
I happen to think he's better over further as well ,just like Bacchasons attitude , when asked he responds , there could be moreto this fellow than meets the eye at present .One firm payed 4 places on Hennessy I heardthem say just before the off although I missed who it was .
Report Bigwillystyle November 28, 2015 10:48 PM GMT
It was powers
Report Bigwillystyle November 28, 2015 10:49 PM GMT
Norn, Alpha will never be a CH contender.
Report callitasucit November 28, 2015 10:51 PM GMT
Never been a fan of Arctic Fire, and still wouldn't be accused of it.....but 1.8 seems on the big side tomorrow.
Report callitasucit November 28, 2015 11:13 PM GMT
Seriously good novice chase in store.

I did think Free Expression was unlucky to be beaten by Outlander the last day, but I would be equally as sure that Outlander will improve more. I wouldn't mind a match bet on the OL to beat him based on current exchange prices.

5-6 on No More Heroes or Outlander to win may be the way I go.
Report norn iron November 28, 2015 11:37 PM GMT
BIGWILY  ALL ABOUT OPINIONS . LETS TAKE ARTIC FIRE WON THREE IN 15 RACES YES GOOD PLACE FORM BUT HORSE IVE NEVER BEEN FAN OF  AND WE NEED NEW CHALLENGERS  AS IDENTITY THIEF SHOWED TODAY THE brits Devil AINT GOT MUCH AND THE DAY LITTLE KING ROBIN BEAT ARTIC FIRE LAST YEAR MAKES ME LAYER TOMORROW WIN AND PLACE ESP @  2/7 TWO PLACES

MY FANCY ALPHA D O  RAN VERY DECENT RACES BEHIND NICHOLLS CANYON AND DOUVAN  AND THINK HE WILL GIVE VERY GOOD ACCOUNT OF HIS ABILITY

IM NOT SAYING HE WIN C HURDLE BUT BE GOOD  SEE  SOMEONE OTHER THAN MULLINS  HAVE CONTENDER ?

PS    BIG WILLY      SO WHATS YOUR FANCY ?
Report Bigwillystyle November 29, 2015 9:14 AM GMT
I agree with you on the fav and I will be laying it.  I'm not saying Alpha won't but even if he does he has no chance in a CH. Same goes for Identity Thief. Not a prayer.

I fancy Ryback Jack in handicap hurdle. Nice run last time in first handicap hurdle. Won a bumper in brutal ground last christmas and think it will go close.
Report TellTheKing November 29, 2015 9:51 AM GMT
Bright morning in Dublin but very windy. This meeting was put back to midweek a few years ago (HF, Zaidpour and Jessie’s Dream were the eventual big race winners) due to wind. Hopefully it’s not a repeat today.

I wouldn’t be hugely gone on Bachasson as a racer but he looks to be a fair price at 7/2. There’s a line of form with Three Stars which gives Long Dog the upper hand. Bachasson produced easily his best run yet last time though and may be on the improve. Long Dog has been running over further recently is most likely ultimately a middle distance prospect. I can see Ruby’s logic in picking him on the going but I would say it was a pretty close call, certainly closer than the odds suggest.

It’s an awful ask for Gunnery Sergent coming a week after a fall on his hurling debut. Even if he has the engine to compete (open to debate) he still is very shy on experience compared to Willie’s two. Archive is better than his last run but should come short while Baily Cloud looks Grade 3 at best.

I’ll be backing Bachasson at 7/2 and will be loading as much as I can get on @ 4/5 with PP to be placed.

No strong view on the Hatton’s Grace. Arctic Fire is best on good ground but he might get away with it against weak opposition. The run the last day will bring him on. Wouldn’t be laying him anyway.

The Drinmore is certainly the race of the day and the one which may produce a Cheltenham winner. No More Heroes is what you would draw on a blank canvas if you were asked to paint a chaser. He’s probably the only horse in the race that could be a real top notcher and I hope he wins for that reason alone. The flip side is that he has disappointed once or twice and that doubt is enough to stay away at the current price. A race to watch and savour for me.

There’s a nice horse called Lake View Lad making his hurdling debut in Carlisle. He’s from a good family and was 3rd to Nambour in Punchestown before moving to his current trainer. The form of the main opponent isn’t worth much and, given the weight concession, it will be disappointing if anything more than a competent round of jumping is required from Lake View Lad to come out on top.
Report tony57 November 29, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
TTK
they paid 70k for it from that yard that some money..i backed it in its bumper @hexham. has the swinbank horse to beat..i,d be on him today if he.d had a run over hurdles..good luck
BWS..i know its a tough ask for sergeant,but I,d be kicking myself if I left him and he won after lto..so small stakes..im more on the leicster bet tbh.
Report newapproach November 29, 2015 12:31 PM GMT
The 3.10 @ fairyhouse looks a very open race but I think foever gold offers a bit of value @ 11/1. He is on a lot lower mark over fences than hurdles and the trainer often targets horses @ this course which is local to him. The trip is a doubt but he always shaped like he'd get it and he should go well if he stays.
Report tony57 November 29, 2015 12:37 PM GMT
anyone got a view on the first?
Report callitasucit November 29, 2015 1:28 PM GMT
Easy gold will have an opinion on it soon TonyWink
Report huddys November 29, 2015 1:30 PM GMT
Mmmmmmmmm??????????
Report Roger De Bris November 29, 2015 3:24 PM GMT
You don't need Easygold, you were all already given the odds-on bet of the weekend.....
Report tony57 November 29, 2015 4:26 PM GMT
great to see such a little yard win the first callit..I don't know the trainer only that he hasa small string.
Report punchestown November 29, 2015 4:45 PM GMT
Pity Townend didn't get after Bachasson a few strides earlier as it surely would have collared the fav,thought Forever Gold unlucky as it got shuffled back a few places just before turning in,thought Rashaan won very well and am sick backing that De Benno but not today of course.
Report callitasucit November 29, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
Roger De Bris  • November 29, 2015 3:24 PM GMT 

You don't need Easygold,...........

callitasucit  • November 28, 2015 10:51 PM GMT 

Never been a fan of Arctic Fire, and still wouldn't be accused of it.....but 1.8 seems on the big side tomorrow.

5-6 on No More Heroes or Outlander to win may be the way I go.

Correct Roger.

Quite how Free Expression went off 7-4 is an absolute fu**ing mystery. I would have made him 6-4 in a match bet against Outlander. Who on todays running would certainly have wiped the floor with him.

Very professional win from NMH, proper race horse.

Arctic Fire beat a pile of sh1te in the manner he was entitled to.
Report Bigwillystyle November 29, 2015 8:55 PM GMT
Tony I can only tell you so many times....
1. Never back a horse off the back of a fall. 
2. Never back a horse first time in a handicap.

You continually do both.
Like taking candy from a baby
Report Roger De Bris November 30, 2015 12:17 AM GMT
Sarcasm wasted on you callit. Leave out the bet of the weekend bit as well.
Looking forward to tomorrow's aftertimed Lays and winners....
Report tony57 November 30, 2015 11:50 AM GMT
BWS I continuly do not..i backed the horse as I said because I was on when it fell..with respect I don't mind giving credit to anyone when its due..but don't you think your going a touch over the top?
Report callitasucit November 30, 2015 12:14 PM GMT
What had the bet of the weekend thread got to do with me Rogergold??
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 2:35 PM GMT
Tony you back a lot of first timers in handicaps and i have said that you can count on 1 hand(in Ireland anyways) how many of them win in a season!

Fair enough about the other horse but he was an unbelievable place lay at 2.2 on Sunday morning.  Even if he had not fallen in Gowran he was taking on two Grade 1 horses.  The market corrected itself before the race but christmas came early for me on Sunday Laugh
Report tony57 November 30, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
welldone...Cool
Report norn iron November 30, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
IN FAIRNESS ANOTHER DECENT RACING THREAD WELL DONE ALL WINNERS

BIGWILLY ID LOVE SEE YOU POST ALOT MORE AS YOU DEFINITLEY WELL CLUED UP AS IS CALLITASCUIT

IN FAIRNESS YOU WERE SPOT ON WITH ARTIC FIRE AND WON THE WAY IT SHOULD HAVE

NO MORE HEREOS  VERY IMPRESSIVE AND ID STILL NOT GIVE UP ON SUB LIEUTENANT AS STAYED ON  LATE

FREE EXPRESSION WAS DISSAPONTING FOR ME  BUT CAN STILL PICK UP DECENT RACES THIS YEAR .

ANYONE SEE BABY BACH WIN SAT ?  I NO WASNT GREATRACE BUT VERY IMPRESSIVE AND CAN SEE IT BEING SOLD FOR SERIOUS £
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 2:58 PM GMT
Wouldnt take a blind bit of notice of Free Expressions run.  Had a far harder race than it looked at Punchestown and then was asked to come out 12 days later in a grade 1.  He also lost his backend at the second last so would put a line through that performance.  He will get far closer to the winner next time.
No More Heros had a 30 day+ break from his preious run.  Everything was ideal for it.  You can tell by the betting that the stable thought there was little between them.
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 3:01 PM GMT
Backed the winner in bumper but did anyone think that K Harrington gave her horse a disgraceful ride.  They were sprinting fully 5F out and she was leading the sprint.  Whatever you say about PW Mullins he is nearly always in the right position in a race.  The race was over long before the turn in.
Report mincer11 November 30, 2015 3:28 PM GMT
Free Expression isnt worth a sausage and is one of the most over rated horses in the country.
He has no line of form that makes him a Grade 1 horse and has been cruelly exposed each and every time he faced good horses.
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 3:36 PM GMT
He was only beaten 2L in a grade 1 hurdle when that donkey McCoy gave him a bad ride.
Everything was against him yesterday.  He was reappearing after 12 day break.  He was only beaten 11L.  Would get much closer to the winner if they met in a months time.
Report mincer11 November 30, 2015 4:07 PM GMT
Bigwillystyle, my read on free expression is on his first run he was very unimpressive in the worst ever renewal of the point to point bumper at fairyhouse , he then won a maiden hurdle in naas where his biggest danger was that hound uncle danny. From there he was poxed in navan when Martello tower fell, and he subsequently collapsed over the line against shantou flyer. He then went to Naas where he was beaten by the worst horse ever to win a grade 1 namely McKinley , a horse that couldn't be found in a handicap at Cheltenham off 136. This year he was beaten fair and square by Outlander who himself is a grade 2 horse at best, and yesterday he disgraced himself , and was actually lucky to be third .
If he runs in a novice chase at leopardstown at Xmas, he won't even win that .
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 4:20 PM GMT
Agree with most of the above.  However i do think he was unlucky in Punchestown when that doughnut Walsh got schooled by Cooper.  He gave the horse a hard race there.  He was asked to come out 12 days later and produce in a grade 1 where he lost his backend at the second last and was beaten 11L.
If he turns up for a Beginners at Leopardstown he will win.
Report TellTheKing November 30, 2015 4:21 PM GMT
Backed Harrington's myself BWS as it's paying to be against Willie's bumper horses recently. Horse certainly didn't reproduce it's debut run which was very disappointing, especially considering the form of the yard. Knew with half a mile to go it wasn't going to win when she went on that far out. All the same it wouldn't have won any bumper yesterday even allowing for the ride.

I'd fall on mincer's side as regards Free Expression. He is a very eyecatching horse the way he travels and would lull you into thinking he's a machine. He remains a good horse but he's not grade one material. The only horse with those pretentions (and it was the case heading into the Drinmore) is NMH.
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
We will see.  I still think he could make up into a grade 1 horse.

Was wary of NMH after the absolute beating /hard race he got in Cheltenham.  Wondered would that leave a mark on the horse but it seems it hasnt.
Report workrider November 30, 2015 5:11 PM GMT
BWS,I ended up backing Mullins in the last @ 9/4 with Tracksport , Thought it was a slog and winner was going so slow near the finish that I'd say it wasn't a great bumper, Blood Crazed Tiger will find it hard to win a race .
Report Bigwillystyle November 30, 2015 5:16 PM GMT
He was the winner 4F out.  They went crazy in the ground from 5F out and they were sitting ducks.

Agree with Blood Crazed Tiger.  Looks a big slow boat.
Report TellTheKing November 30, 2015 5:30 PM GMT
No More Heroes still has it to prove in a real melting pot race such as the RSA. I'd be willing to give him the benefit that the couple of below par runs over hurdles can be excused due to immaturity / sickness and he has now matured into a proper horse. In fairness he had a huge frame to fill. He also has the benefit of being with a proper Grade One chase trainer in Elliot (I think it's all but one of his dozen grade one successes have been over fences).
Report mincer11 November 30, 2015 5:49 PM GMT
No More Heroes is a proper horse, absolutely no doubt about it. The faster the ground the more vulnerable he maybe so  Cheltenham might be where he doesnt show himself in a really good light. Good ground is surely a worry, he looks a fine big horse who appreciates soft and even worse.
He should have won the Albert Bartlett last year, got the worst ride of the meeting bar none. Theres no way any other top jockey would have got beaten on it, and theres no way any other top jockey would have been blackguarded the way Cooper was.
Report norn iron November 30, 2015 10:59 PM GMT
MINCER  GOOD SEE  YOUR  DECENT   RACE READING  VIEWS  AND  YOU COULD WELL BE RIGHT  . I STILL THINK AINT SEEN BEST FREE EXPRESSION  BUT DO AGREE   NMH  LOOKS THE BIZZ  BUT THOUGHT ALSO   MONKSLAND RAN CRACKER  IN DECENT CHASE  TO FOLLOW.

TELLTHEKING  AND THE REST  I THINK SMAD PLACE LOOKED GOLD CUP POTENTIAL WINNER  AFTER OPERATION LOOKS DIFFERENT BEAST  PLACED IN STAYERS HURDLE AND THINK  TRAINOR OR HORSE DIDNT GET CREDIT AS SAME AS ROAD TO RICHES BECAUSE WON GALWAY SAID CANT WIN GOLD CUP BUT WENT CLOSE .

I FOR ONE WILL BE HAVING FEW £ ANTE POST OVER NEX FEW MONTHS AS VERY RARELY BACK UNTIL THE DAY BUT WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND THINK HAD BEEN MULLINS/NICHOLLS  SMAD PLACE WOULD GOT MORE COVERAGE .
Report wildmanfromborneo December 1, 2015 11:34 PM GMT
The performance of the weekend for me was Tombstone in the maiden hurdle on Saturday.
Report pa lapsy December 2, 2015 10:50 AM GMT
Was very impressed with No more Heroes myself,wouldn't give up Free Expression and if he were mine i,d have a go back to 2m.
Tombstone goes straight to grade 1 at Leopardstown,entitled to have a go,Pylonthepressure is very decent and not reading much into it Chitu won a small race easy over.
Despite Sunni May leaving the form down it is another morbidly named youngster in Death Duty that Elliott is bulling about.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 3, 2017 9:55 PM GMT
TellTheKing • November 29, 2015 9:51 AM GMT
...There’s a nice horse called Lake View Lad making his hurdling debut in Carlisle. He’s from a good family and was 3rd to Nambour in Punchestown before moving to his current trainer. The form of the main opponent isn’t worth much and, given the weight concession, it will be disappointing if anything more than a competent round of jumping is required from Lake View Lad to come out on top.
tony57 • November 29, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
TTK
they paid 70k for it from that yard that some money..i backed it in its bumper @hexham. has the swinbank horse to beat.

Might be back on the radar again nto (just won in Newcastle (again) on Saturday) and hopefully could get into the 140's
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2017 11:08 AM GMT
back on the radar again Tommy Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now