Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
22 Sep 15 11:08
| Topic/replies: 21,253 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
and it wont win either, the reason being its no good.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Dan, yer horse Blue de vega runs in Naas
Show More
Report moneyforoldrope September 23, 2015 4:07 PM BST
not a shred after 2 runs?Laugh

Mug post!
Report J.R.Hartley September 23, 2015 4:11 PM BST
Hopefully Mincer laid off his grand ensuring a nice profit.....hopefully.
Report Bigwillystyle September 23, 2015 4:13 PM BST
Mug post?  I suggest you go back over the last three years and look at the horses he has ran.  After a run and max two runs they go backwards at a rate of knots. 
Just in case your too tick to be able to do this, i will start you off.

1.Rapid Applause
2.I will excel
Report Bassanio September 23, 2015 4:15 PM BST
Hopefully you did not get paint on the laptop or the TV Frank, when you halted domestic duties to pick up just about the best price in running even with picture delays.
Report easygold September 23, 2015 4:19 PM BST
Mincer... Mincer give us a wave............. Loser
Report neill d September 23, 2015 4:21 PM BST
WD Wildman, stuck to your guns.
Report J.R.Hartley September 23, 2015 4:30 PM BST
Wildman and the lads currently on the lash in Thurles.......lock up your Grandmothers...Shocked
Report TellTheKing September 23, 2015 4:38 PM BST
Wildman tends to be put off by tidal market drifts (even though he mentioned an expected drift himself). Hopefully he stuck to his guns. He could drive home from the Ploughing in a new Case tractor this evening!

I must say it was a proper effort by the winner, big step up on what he achieved in Dundalk (even allowing for the missed break there). I'd agree with BWS that he was far more gunned than his opponents (impossible to come to any other conclusion based on the yards previous runners) with a view to selling. He's entitled to make big bucks after today.
Report Joe Mac September 23, 2015 4:59 PM BST
Bigwillystyle,

The two example you give are not very good. Rapid Applause improved with every run as a 2yo and ran the best race of his life on his fourth start. He probably hasn't trained on as a 3yo, but that's not the trainer's fault. I Will Excel ran to a similar level of form in the first six runs of his life until his form tailed off lately after he made a noise on his first run back, which means his wind is probably gone rotten. Any better examples?

You also mention that he sold some "duds" that regressed, I only know of two horses that he sold, Letters Of Note has improved a stone on RPRs since she was sold and Aggression has only had one run since being sold. Any more evidence to back up your claims?!
Report frank60 September 23, 2015 5:02 PM BST
Nice to see your keeping your eagle eye on the thread Bassanio even if you made little or no Contribution to it, Blue de VEGA hit a high of 6.2 in running ,if truth be told i almost missed the 4oc off time, for the record i did 3 doors  and a Radiator with a little help from the wife.
Report Bassanio September 23, 2015 5:24 PM BST
I made no contribution before as I had no view.

I was congratulating you on achieving top price as unless you are a very big player 6.2 is not much more than 4/1, so you played very well.

Hats off to wildman who always lays it on the line beforehand and the drift worked very well for him.
Report mincer11 September 23, 2015 5:30 PM BST
How wrong can anyone be ?
Hopefully i didnt put anyone off it, in all fairness it was hugely impressive.
Well done Dan, hopefully you kept the faith.
Couldnt get laying it so i finished up backing 3 losers, so a bad race for me.
Report frank60 September 23, 2015 5:31 PM BST
My apologies; i thought you were being sarcastic,
Report Joe Mac September 23, 2015 5:33 PM BST
Fair play, Mincer. A lot more dignified than easygold (aka the King of the Aftertimers) who weighed in with a dig after the result having not given an opinion before the race (surprise surprise).
Report mincer11 September 23, 2015 5:38 PM BST
Thank you joe, i didnt bother even replying to easygold, couldnt be bothered. King of the aftertimers is putting it mildly.
Report J.R.Hartley September 23, 2015 5:38 PM BST
Easygob only posts for the benefit of jockeys Joe....just in case they are looking in.
Report tony57 September 23, 2015 5:39 PM BST
indeed mincer, horses make fools of us all....welldone Wildman.
Report Bassanio September 23, 2015 5:40 PM BST
No I have no reason to be biting at you.

I know you would follow wildman and a few others. I just like the idea that the Mrs is told the paintbrush or roller is put to one side so a bet can be had - domestic bliss.

Surprised it was as big as 6.2 in running given it was well placed throughout so hopefully there was a decent amount at 4/1 up to this ceiling.

Easygold doing his usual I see - Not checked how many jockeys he is slagging or giving after the race advice to on the main forum today yet.
Report workrider September 23, 2015 6:25 PM BST
This fellow won as he liked today , a fine stamp of a horse , got across from a bad draw very easily and though there was one individual who was a little unlucky , won like a good horse . I have a feeling he'll win a few more before the others catch up with him next year. Oh by the way top marks to the jockey , a peach of a ride.
Report CheltenhamRoar September 23, 2015 6:40 PM BST
Well done winners,We managed to get the F/C up too Wink
Report mrcombustible September 23, 2015 6:54 PM BST
Very well done Wildman.
Report kingrat September 23, 2015 8:19 PM BST
Fair play to ya Wildman.I think you deserve a boom on this one.

Report easygold September 23, 2015 9:06 PM BST
Aftertimer??? far from it.......... If so call punters??? want to guess in these sort of races go ahead........ But how a punter can go to the length the way Mincer did is just wrong..........
Next you will be asking me to put bets on for you.......... Pick a race where there is form and I will give an opinion....... Which I have done many of times in the past........ But now this site is not for me as much as it use to be.........

If I comment on a rider....... it`s for a damn good reason.......
Report elvissss September 23, 2015 9:10 PM BST
Looks more like a mangled fart than a boom Kingrat

WD Wildman - juicy one
Report pa lapsy September 23, 2015 9:27 PM BST
Easygold to be fair to Mincer he was laying at 2/1 rather than the 7/2 sp,not too far off double the odds which is good going,the market was well read by him and Wildman both anticipating a drift,TTK,s original price ended up near also. Good thread.
Report Roger De Bris September 23, 2015 9:33 PM BST
Mincer said the horse was no good and it won't win. Deserved a few brickbats for that alone!
I actually laughed out loud when Easygold said "give us a wave"......i'd say he meant it in a light-hearted way....
Report easygold September 23, 2015 9:39 PM BST
Pa....... seriously give us a break......
Report mincer11 September 23, 2015 9:46 PM BST
Easygold, it's very rarely that people bet when they aren't guessing to some degree. Educated guessing is a very important part of winner finding, although it's far from foolproof.
I wouldn't have fancied the winner for quite a number of reasons / educated guesses .
1. A wide draw which is factual
2. An inexperienced rider in the context of the jockeys in the race, again factual
3. Even though it was bred to go on the ground, my guess would have been that it was far from certain to handle it, there was no proof it would handle it
4. It had AW form , no form on grass, again factual
5. An educated guess was that there would be plenty fancied against it and there was.
6. There was no guarantee it would improve from its debut, again a guess
Yes this horse more than proved me wrong, a truly impressive performance so congrats to Dan and anybody else who fancied him .
Out of interest could you please tell me the last bet in a horse race that you had where you weren't guessing?  Thank you
Report pa lapsy September 23, 2015 9:50 PM BST
I wasn't having a "go" or anything Easygold, i thought the market was well read, Roger,s point is fair enough.
Report easygold September 23, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Mincer..... this sport is not for you ....... U didn`t fancy it......... so what horse did u have ahead of it..... Will you stop....... THIS WON`T WIN....... what gobsh1te say`s crap like that.........
Report Ozymandius September 23, 2015 10:28 PM BST
Well done Borneo, my old mucker.

Easygold is a prat btw.
Report mincer11 September 23, 2015 10:37 PM BST
Easygold, all I ask is the last bet you had that you weren't guessing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious.
Once you answer that question then I will be more than willing to take any stick you give me, should you fail to do so then I would be very dissapointed with you.
Report kingrat September 23, 2015 10:49 PM BST
mincer?you were caught with your pants down tbf.
Report mincer11 September 23, 2015 11:00 PM BST
Kingrat, I got the race badly wrong , it wasn't the only race I got wrong all day. I get plenty wrong as do many others . It's hardly a question of having your pants taken down , I got it wrong and unlike others that post here, I didn't slink away and not face the music.
Easy gold has all the answers post race which is fine, that's one way of always being right . The problem is it's very hard to get bets on these days pre race never mind when they are over . Maybe he has a Dorethy Paget like relationship with his bookie, and good for him if he does.
Report kingrat September 23, 2015 11:18 PM BST
whatever but i have found this thread very amusing.
Report Roger De Bris September 23, 2015 11:40 PM BST
Nothing wrong with getting one wrong mincer. It's how you go about it is the problem.
Starting a thread saying the horse is no good and won't win after the first race of it's career!!!!!??
Ridiculous....unprofessional....etc etc...
Then you want to lay it to lose 4 grand?? And going by your comments on the horse you wouldn't be backing it back either.
And then you say you also backed 3 losers in the same race....
It's stuff you would expect from a bloke 1 year in the game.....
And I can tell you from first hand experience Easygold has a LOT of the answers pre-race as I'm sure MANY, many of his followers can vouch for.
Report TheWasp September 23, 2015 11:57 PM BST
Easygold'S followers ??? lol
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 8:23 AM BST
The biggest giveaway someone can give that they are inexperienced or a long-term loser is for them to give a fella grief based on one result. Anyone with a quarter of a clue knows the mathemathetical realities of the game that unless you are a habitual odds-on player, even the very best players will get it wrong much more than right and will regularly get it spectacularly wrong. I have no problem with a fella giving another lad stick for flawed thinking or poor reasoning for a bet, but to give him grief solely based on a result says more about the chap that is dishing out the grief than the fella that is taking it.
Report mincer11 September 24, 2015 8:47 AM BST
Roger De Bris, you are correct and I do deserve stick for getting it so spectacularly wrong. I have no problem with that whatsoever but I feel obliged to pick you up on one point , and this notion that Easygold  does have answers pre race and whats even more laughable, that he has followers.
Ive seen plenty of his posts and the chap is a raving nutter and nothing else. The only followers he may have is when the guys in the looney bin are chasing him trying to get a fresh straight jacket on him. He'd be up there with roadrunner in the nutcracker stakes.
Report lewisham ranger September 24, 2015 9:28 AM BST
I think the problem is although you make valid arguments for taking the horse on, none of them surely trump the inside knowledge the stable and connections have about the horse, for example the post-race comments that nothing can take it off the bridle at home

perhaps you overanalysed it, after all it's not a group one it's a maiden race, I too thought it was probably a lay pre-race but let's face it the connections knew better than we did, as after all if it's the best horse in the stable surely it's going to be up to winning a maiden race at navan?

With the benefit of hindsight the money for it spoke volumes, although the money can often be wrong.
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 9:46 AM BST
LR if you are going to place stable opinion over your own opinion then you may as well pack in punting.

I didn't particularly fancy the winner in what looked a potentially deep maiden and especially at the original opening show from PP. If Lope had been put in originally at the 7/2 SP I expect mincer's mindset would have been way different (i.e. wouldn't have been throwing up a grand to back at 4's). As he said himself he couldn't get matched at the price he thought that way overrated the horses prospects. The subsequent market moves only copper fastened this. As you have to make your mind up pre-race I don't see how hindsight can come into this.

Generally all comments post race can be safely ignored on here. Not for the first time, a few posters waited nearly a day after the thread was opened until the result was known to stick their oar in.
Report lewisham ranger September 24, 2015 9:55 AM BST
I don't understand what you mean Tell the king.

Surely it's not rocket science to understand that stable opinion is going to be more weighty, because they have the inside track, on these maidens where the runners have either had no runs or very few runs? I mean we're supposed to be punters, not psychics. How on earth are you supposed to know how good an unraced two year old is unless you have access to inside information?

Or am I missing something?
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 9:56 AM BST
I disagree, TTK. How can anyone on the outside have an opinion on an unraced horse from a big stable? The shape of the market will completely revolve around whether that newcomer is fancied or not and anyone taking a strong view at morning prices in a race like that is asking for trouble.
Report kavvie September 24, 2015 9:57 AM BST
ive a new found respect for mincer.he made his point .he was wrong about the horse( he made logical point about the trainer etc)  came on like a man and admitted it..there a good few here wouldnt..fair play..
Report workrider September 24, 2015 9:58 AM BST
Wildmanfromborneo has just been spotted on the news offering NAMA a loan from yesterdays winnings..
Report Ozymandius September 24, 2015 10:01 AM BST
I heard he had set up a soup kitchen for the homeless with a sign saying 'Indigenous Only'.
Report mincer11 September 24, 2015 10:02 AM BST
Lewisham Ranger, not being smart but even if it was the best horse in the stable and connections knew same, what is it better than ?
Ok its undoubtedly the best animal they have, and its considerably better than anything else they have , but their second best horse wouldn't win that race in a million years.
There was at least 3 stables thought they had the goods in that particular race, but obviously only one can be correct.
Tell The King is spot on, if the original price was the 4/1 it went off at, then you wouldn't want to be a layer. Now I wouldn't have backed it any price but I still wasn't interested in getting involved laying at those odds.
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 10:07 AM BST
I suppose what I am saying LR is that don't care if a stable think their horse is a machine like O' Callaghan's did with yesterday's. What about it? What else is he going to say after the race when he is probably looking for half a million of Pearl Bloodstock? I saw the Dundalk run where he showed a nice bit of ability but there were still questions in my book going into yesterdays race. As a rule, I wouldn't back a 2yo going from AW to grass regardless of what the vibes are from the stable. It's punting in the dark for me.

If you are backing horses based on trainers quotes then best of luck to you.

LR and Joe Mac I am also not referring to unraced two year olds. The winner and several others in the race all had runs. Backing unraced horses is a different kettle of fish and the market near post time is the main guide (far from foolproof though).
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 10:14 AM BST
TTK,
My point is that you don't need to have any interest in backing or laying an unraced horse to be impacted by them. The market can be completely flipped based on whether a newcomer from a big yard is fancied or not. Look at the last race at Cork today. You might fancy the experienced Avenante who is 9/2. If the O'Brien newcomer is fancied, 9/2 won't be a value price at the off, if she is unfancied, 9/2 will look very attractive. How can anyone make an informed betting decision on a race like that at morning prices without knowing the craic with the Blalydoyle horse?

Mincer,
There are quite a few good horses in that yard. Now Or Never, Letters Of Note, Military Angel etc... If he works better than all of those at this stage, he's going to be pretty good.
Report lewisham ranger September 24, 2015 10:17 AM BST
But having only one run is hardly much evidence to go on either. Look at these O'Brien two year old's that virtually get schooled in public. You are then completely guessing how much the horse is going to improve from it's first to second run, and only really have the market to guide you.

I'm not basing my punting purely on trainers comments but to say you ignore them altogether, well that's going too far in my opinion. You take them with a pinch of salt but it's also part of the analytical process. I mean most punters wouldn't even put the work in to find out what the trainer says about a horse.
Report mincer11 September 24, 2015 10:23 AM BST
Joe, who knows what its working with ?, I don't anyway. What im saying is I wouldn't have fancied any 2yo of theirs to win that, I never trained a horse but id imagine that 2yo's work with 2yo's normally, unless the horse is so far ahead of the rest of them then it is forced to work with better and more experienced ones.
For example its extremely unlikely Air Force One would work with Gleneagles, but then maybe im wrong about that also.
Report Bigwillystyle September 24, 2015 10:26 AM BST
Wouldnt mind a single thing that is said after the race with this trainer.  He is trying to sell the horse and while a horse of obvious ability i doubt you will see him win a group race.  We will see in time.

As for Now or Never, they have their black type so job done with her but you saw how good she was when she finished last at the Curragh.  Only one way she is going from here and that down!
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 10:27 AM BST
I have no idea either, Mincer, I'm just pointing out that there are stakes class 2yos and 3yos in the yard for him to assess him against if he wanted to.
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 10:32 AM BST
Joe I'd agree with you as regards Ballydoyle horses. Taking yesterday's race I would have been happy to field against the winner at the right price (sub 2's) with the handful of horses with experience running for me. The way I look at a race is am I happy to lay one at X price with the expectation that none of the newcomers are going to count? It's too difficult to pre-empt the Ballydoyle newcomers these days. Look at Coolmore, Johanne Vermeer and a few more that where odds on and got beat this year on debut. Conversely they have had often have one or two surprise debut winners too.

As regards, tonights race I'd have 1m4f fillies maidens at the end of September as amongst the most inhospitable of punting environments. Hence why I wouldn't have an opinion on the market one way or the other.

LR where did you see those O' Callaghan comments before the race? As far as I can see the premise of your point is based on what was said by connections after the race which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. There's also a world of difference between a horse from a yard like O' Callaghans, Deegans etc where they have the 2yo's ready to do a job and the project horses they have in Ballydoyle. I would tailor my views on how I expect their horses to progress run to run accordingly.
Report mincer11 September 24, 2015 10:33 AM BST
I see what you mean exactly, but in my book they haven't got another 2yo that would win that race yesterday, now or never included.
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 10:34 AM BST
BWS, if you think the Moyglare run is an accurate reflection of Now Or Never you are clearly on drugs. Too bad to be true, obviously. I saw her at Galway, big filly, would be surprised if she doesn't do well next year.

Do you have any better examples of his horses that "after a run and max two runs they go backwards at a rate of knots"?
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 10:36 AM BST
TTK,
Blue De Vega was backed from 14/1 into 9/4 on debut. Money talks louder than words!
Report workrider September 24, 2015 10:39 AM BST
This has developed into a very interesting thread ,nice to see logical reasons for and against , keep the ball rolling lads .After all its a game of opinions .
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 10:48 AM BST
Joe there's no doubt they liked the horse. He was well punted that day and showed up well after not getting much luck. He was also due to run in a good race Champions Weekend. However, I'd stop short of forming a viewpoint on a horse because of what a trainer says, particularly in the aftermath of an impressive maiden win from a horse carrying the trainers colours.

My view though was that he opposable at a short price based on 1) Change in surface and 2) Much stronger race. There are horses most weeks with similar profiles that get turned over. This fella happened to be something out of the ordinary though.
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 10:58 AM BST
I wouldn't knock you at all for taking a view against the horse, TTK, my point is purely that these maidens are minefields in my view and inside info plays too much of a role in the shape of the market to justify taking a strong view.
Report Bigwillystyle September 24, 2015 11:00 AM BST
Joe i doubt the horse was 14/1 on debut in Dundalk and if it was it wouldnt have taken €500 to move the price so if that's money talking, well the best of luck to you.

Joe the filly to my eye was ready to run for life at Galway.  Came from the breeze ups and had nice first run and then bang.  They got their black type which i presume would be the aim.  Now i have nothing against the trainer but i happen to think that a lot of his horses dont come forward after a couple of runs.  I will go off and find a few examples when i have a bit of time.

As for the horse yesterday i hope they get a nice few Euro for selling but to my mind the horse was again ready to run for its life.  I would be surprised if he comes on much from it, but that is just my reading of it and i could be proved very wrong over the next month.
Report Bigwillystyle September 24, 2015 11:02 AM BST
The only strong view anyone can take in these 2 year old maiden is to lay O'Brien newcomers at 2/1 or less without knowing anything.  You would have cleaned up on virtually every maiden in which this happened this year.  The more money that comes for them the more you should lay.  Somebody has got very badly burned 7 or 8 times this season.
Report Bigwillystyle September 24, 2015 11:03 AM BST
They haven't a scooby of what to do during the race.  Often their races are over as soon as the stalls are open.
Report Joe Mac September 24, 2015 11:07 AM BST
BWS,
The horse was 14/1 (briefly) the night before and it wouldn't have taken much money to drive it into 5/1 in the morning, but there was a weight of support after that when the market strengthened up to cut him down to 9/4.

You can take whatever view you want, that is entirely your own business, but I thought it was harsh for you to post a very negative view about the trainer when I can't find any great evidence to back it up. The lad is clearly well able to get them ready to run well first time out, but it isn't like he is selling them to Hong Kong at the first opportunity to get rid of them, he is selling them to stay in the yard and he wouldn't be doing that if he thought he had them cooked after a couple of runs as his reputation would soon be ruined and no one would want to buy off him.
Report workrider September 24, 2015 11:44 AM BST
Yes  agree Joe , been a seller is all very fine , but if time after time the merchandice is found to be faulty then few will return , I'm sure the trainer is aware of same.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 24, 2015 12:34 PM BST
There was a lot of welcome advice on this thread.

TellTheKings pricing of the race was stunningly accurate.
If Mincer keeps laying 4/1 shots at 2/1 the results won't matter.

The advice given worked for me as I waited til the last minute to back it.

My only regret is they didnt run him in that Group 3 race in Leopardstown as I think he would have won it.

I saw what I think is a real good horse in that race also,was I alone or did anyone else spot it.
Report frank60 September 24, 2015 12:43 PM BST
GREAT thread , with Ozy and and W/R throwing in there mini Anecdotes around 10.oc Happy
Report Deplasterer September 24, 2015 12:48 PM BST
Wd, read this thread night before but forgot to follow up due to workCry
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 12:57 PM BST
Schubert Wildman? Ran well for a horse that was woefully green. Weld's was bit unlucky to be impeded and will win his maiden. There will be at least half a dozen future winners from the race.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 24, 2015 1:02 PM BST
Don't think Schubert is much really.

The one I liked the look of was the second string of Welds,he had the usual tardy start but I saw lots of potential in that run.
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 1:02 PM BST
Hudson Canyon was also eyecatching.

Good to see you drove on at the price. The adage the bigger the price the more you have on can prove very rewarding at times.
Report TellTheKing September 24, 2015 1:04 PM BST
Yeah Welds looked to be doing plenty right after the turn in and Roche was happy there wasn't much room. Hard to see him for the last 2f on the screen though.

Liked Schubert myself. The War Fronts have a rep for being flashy. He looked more like a work in progess though. Only caveat is he didn't look especially big.
Report kingrat September 24, 2015 1:33 PM BST
Report slickster September 24, 2015 1:39 PM BST
Poor aul widman. Fair enough, he puts up a winner. But I am only crediting him a 5-4 winner. The wildman has a total and utter dislike of STARTING prices, and a serious penchant for MORNING prices.
The MORNING price of Blue De Vega was 5-4. The STARTING price was 7-2. Unlucky old bean, can't have your cake and eat it......
Report wildmanfromborneo September 24, 2015 1:44 PM BST
I backed it at 4/1 if you read the thread I said I thought he would drift and would back him at the last minute.
The reason I thought he would drift is the sound advice given by others.

Most here seem to utilise BOG so they would get the 7/2.
Report slickster September 24, 2015 1:48 PM BST
Yes I think we all understand bog. But if you were in a tipping competition, I am sure you would gladly take the 7-2 and not the 5-4 yeah....
Anyway, well done. Hope you won bundles.
Report kavvie September 24, 2015 1:57 PM BST
slickster can i ask you do you bet on horses at all?do you understand it at all?!?!  i dont think theres a shop in ireland that you can take a moring price and NOT get bog..who mentioned a tipping competition ffs? he was discussing one particular race.he also said he thought it would drift?  maybe you should stop posting for a while on things you know nothing about..
Report kavvie September 24, 2015 1:58 PM BST
and your only "crediting" him with a 5/4 winner?!?! really?  where are you crediting it to?!?
Report slickster September 24, 2015 2:05 PM BST
How slow are you? WE ALL UNDERSTAND BOG!!! I was slagging the wildman re the O'Hehir thread. I wont bother going into it with you. It would be too technical.
Report J.R.Hartley September 24, 2015 2:52 PM BST
Well fancy not understanding BOG....tut tut...Grin
Report workrider September 24, 2015 8:59 PM BST
Mincer just pm'd you.
Report kingrat September 24, 2015 10:24 PM BST
You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it.

Lancy Howard  "The Man"
Report lewisham ranger October 23, 2015 6:47 PM BST
Runs again tomorrow. Tougher opposition as Black sea looks rock solid. Interesting to see what it finds when the O'Brien horse puts it up to it, as doubt it will be able to win this race on the bridle, but still looks the value out of the two of them.
Report huddys October 23, 2015 8:36 PM BST
Sold to Qatar racing,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 23, 2015 10:06 PM BST
Wmfb - 'second string' also runs Sunday Wink
Report mincer11 October 24, 2015 3:34 PM BST
Very smart horse.
Well done to Dan, hopefully he filled his wellies.
Report pa lapsy October 24, 2015 3:34 PM BST
One good horse.
Report alun2005 October 24, 2015 3:36 PM BST
Wins again at Leopardstown at 11/10 f.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 26, 2015 5:22 PM GMT
He showed what he was made of at Naas but it's a big step up from a maiden to a Group Three and he's bridged the gap well. He's a very talented colt and does everything very easy. There was a bit of added pressure after being bought by Sheik Fahad, and it's great to win a Group Three for him. M D O'Callaghan, trainer
Report TellTheKing October 28, 2015 11:18 AM GMT
He's showing himself to be a very useful horse, certainly capable of showing up well next season.

In a season where Weld and Oxx haven't produced a top 2yo colt, Blue De Vega looks like he can make a mark on the Classic Trials at the very least next Spring.
Report pa lapsy October 28, 2015 11:39 AM GMT
Taken from an interview on the 27th of May with Kevin Blake;

Sometimes the rose tinted are on with an unraced by the trainer but in this case young Micheal is spot on i think.

Unnamed

2 br c Lope de Vega- Burning Heights.
"I bought him last week(75k) at the breeze up in Goresbridge and i was delighted to get him,as i really liked him,he is by a serious stallion and is a lovely stamp of a horse that should come into his own at the backend of the season. I am looking forward to getting to know him and i'm excited by him".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 28, 2015 2:18 PM GMT
2000 Guineas Saturday 30th April 2016

Air Force Blue (6/4), Massaat (16), Shalaa (16), Blue De Vega (20), Cymric (20), Emotionless (20), Foundation (20), Ultra (20), Buratino (25), Herald The Dawn (25), Manaafidh (25), Mootaharer (25), Round Two (25), Royal Artillery (25), Waterloo Bridge (25), Air Vice Marshal (33), Beacon Rock (33), Chief Whip (33), Donjuan Triumphant (33), Fidaawy (33)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 28, 2016 12:14 AM BST
3pm Curragh on Monday Devil
Report frank60 May 19, 2016 10:27 PM BST
Interesting to see how far Wildman judgement on Blue de vega has come, Vega is as little as 10/1 to win the 2000g on saterday, his jocky Colin Keane is very hopeful about his chances, good luck Wildman
Report workrider May 20, 2016 10:37 AM BST
Interestly that of all the forecast prices that Catch me put up , not a mention of the winner antepost...
Report Racingqueen May 20, 2016 9:48 PM BST
I fancy Awtaad big for this race. He is very progressive and has been impressive with each step up in class. Really can't have War Fronts at 3yo+. Not sure why Coolmore are so keen on him (No doubt one will dot up tomorrow Laugh)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 22, 2016 2:15 PM BST
Awtaad travelled best in the Tattersalls Irish 2,000 Guineas and powered home to give Kevin Prendergast and Chris Hayes Classic glory.
The 9/2 chance beat 5/4 favourite Galileo Gold into second by two and a half lengths with Blue De Vega (7/1) a further four and a quarter lengths back in third.

Hayes settled his charge in mid-division as Air Vice Marshal dictated the fractions from Sanus Per Aquam. The pair were a close fifth with half a mile to travel and improved on the outer to third at the three pole.
He tanked into the lead at the two marker and was ridden a furlong and a half down to go for home. In the final furlong he was chased by Galileo Gold but Awtaad galloped on to win for Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum.

Octogenarian Kevin Prendergast said: "It was great, the best thing that has happened to me for years. I'd like to thank Sheikh Hamdan for having faith in me for a long time. He's a very good horse. He's improving and I think a trip won't be any different problem to him.
“He was very backward as a two-year-old and I’d say he’s as good a horse as I’ve had. We have a dry place at home and he worked well there but he had won on soft so we accepted it.
"I think he’s a very good horse but how far he will go I don’t know. He was forced to go a bit early today as Frankie was in a bit of bother on the inside, so he kicked and hoped for the best.
“I don’t know where he will go next. The boss man makes the decision and we go along with it. The last one (Irish 2,000 Guineas) was 40 years ago and a lot of lads weren’t born then!
“He’s in the (Investec) Derby and the Irish Derby so we’ll see what he (Sheikh Hamdan) wants to do. There is a good bit of stamina in the family so who knows.”

Chris Hayes said: "We just wanted to get him into a nice rhythm and get him switched off. Kevin's was a little bit gassy in front of me (Sanus Per Aquam) and I was happy enough to take a lead and I could see where Frankie was (on Galileo Gold). He didn't have an acre of room so I was just making sure I was keeping him as tight as I could. It just meant that I kicked a bit sooner than anticipated.
"My lad is as genuine as hell and he just kept his head going. I'd love to have got a lead a bit longer and you'd see an even better horse but he was good enough. You can be lying in second gear on him and all you have to do is move your hands and he goes from second to fifth and you drop back down again. He's the closest thing to driving a car you'll find with a set of reins!

"He's a gentleman of a horse. He switched off and everything went according to plan. It means the world to me to be able to ride a Classic winner for the boss. He said there was a lot of VAT paid in between the last time he had a Classic winner so it's just nice.
"I could see him (Frankie Dettori) on the big screen and I'd love to have let Frankie out on a normal day but not in a Classic. It means the world to me. The boss has been so good to me since I was 15 years of age when I landed in Kildare. He has stood by me every inch of the way. That's the only way I can repay him.
"I had probably too much faith in him. I didn't sleep for a week. He excites you this horse. I'd love to go to Royal Ascot with him and get a top hat on! I don’t know if he will get a mile and a half but I think he will definitely get a mile and a quarter.”
Report elvissss October 11, 2017 1:27 AM BST
Runs tomorrow for Robert Cowell at kempton - 20 runners since last winner
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 2, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
Should be in the enclosure after 5.10 Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 2, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now