Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
25 Jun 14 12:36
| Topic/replies: 11,450 | Blogger: tony57's blog
a bit over the top Wildman?..suarez will be banned for 2yrs imo..Liverpool will sack him..
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Don't Blame Luis Suarez.
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 27, 2014 5:56 PM BST

wildmanfromborneo
26 Jun 14 22:06
Joined:  30 Nov 10 | Topic/replies: 14,208 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
My sympathy is with the Uruquayans,smallest country In South America with a tiny population but a noble tradition in the World Cup.
The referee neither booked or sent off Suarez,this is trial by television understandable that they feel persecuted.

They have a star player,deeply flawed maybe but people forget the treatment that's meted out to him.

seriously almost pmsl Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo June 27, 2014 11:31 PM BST
Being out of touch can sometimes be a nice place to be.

Sorry for shocking Peckerdunne and causing Premier Fantasy to lose control of his bladder.

Are the pair of ye so anodyne that you can't handle differing views,this inability to handle independance of thought,this herd mentality make ye like prisoners on Largactil.
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:40 AM BST
#youdontunderstand

#youcanthandlethetruth
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 28, 2014 9:19 AM BST
your views are idiotic on this matter, had you showed sympathy towards Liverpool who pay the mans wages and are now forced to miss months without their star man for something he did while representing Uruguay (and not Liverpool directly) then i could have understood

however the man bit an opponent (for the 3rd time on a football pitch) for absolutely no apparent reason bar his own frustration that at that stage his country where heading out of the world cup, there is nobody at all to blame in this case bar Luis Suarez
Report wildmanfromborneo June 28, 2014 9:36 AM BST
Mine is a minority view.

Earlier on in this thread I listed all the things that I thought mde Liverpool great.

My main sympathy still lie with the Uruquayans.
They have a noble World Cup tradition.
They are a tiny country.
They have a small population.

The German goalkeeper Schumacher prevented a French forward scoring in a World Cup semi final by knocking him out and smashing in his teeth,no sanction.
Frank Rijkaard spat at Rudi Voller then assaulted him and finally infamously spat at him on the way off.
There are many instances of players being injured deliberately without sanction.

I am not condoning biting but Chieli is okay he won't miss a match.

FIFA seem to be acting Ultra Vires as they should only be able to ban him for international matches this other nonsense of banning him from all soccer grounds is just vindictive.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 28, 2014 9:42 AM BST
So because they have a noble world cup tradition (1930 (hosts) + 1950 winners), are a small country and have a small population you have sympathy towards them?? I don't get it at all to be honest, so what? It's simple you do the crime and get punished you do the time, simple as.

I do agree others should get / have got banned for other incidents that could have caused serious harm to opponents but that does not excuse what Suarez done.
Report kavvie June 28, 2014 10:02 AM BST
roy keane ended alfie haalands career deliberatly..he was playing the next game.jim beglins career was ended by an over the top tackle by gary stevens.he played next game.richie sadliers career was ended same way.john devines leg was smashed same way i think in bulgaria by a similar tackle   all above were career ending..suarez was wrong but on a scale of 1 to 10 damage wise  its slightly above what vinnie jones done to gazza all them years ago but a lot below the above..liverpool shouldnt suffer at least..
Report wildmanfromborneo June 28, 2014 10:06 AM BST
Sympathy doesn't have to be rational.

This was a stupid irrational act,there was no hope of getting away with it,the upshot is the world is now being denied the sight of a football genius in this World Cup.
Report CheltenhamRoar June 28, 2014 10:10 AM BST
A Footballing genius who has yet to win anything of note,The WC will do just fine without him imo,
Columbia will provide us with the necessary class tonight,JAMES RODRIGUEZ.
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 10:31 AM BST
there is no doubt he is the best forward in world football at?..just because he has not won anything yet with his teams is no bad reflection on him...I have no doubt wherever he goes..he,ll win trophies in the future..
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 10:58 AM BST
In other news, Borneo empathises with jailed Holocaust denier, David Iriving, for his penchant for 'indepedent thinking' and 'irrational sympathy'.
Report Tolmi June 28, 2014 11:05 AM BST
Does the fact that it was at least his third offence of the same nature not render comparisons with the Schumacher/Battiston  and Rijkaard/Voller incidents invalid?
Report Bigwillystyle June 28, 2014 11:37 AM BST
Kavvie, Roy Keane did not end his career! Disgraceful statement. It was the other leg that caused Haaland to call a halt. Nothing to do with Keane. Total myth
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 11:54 AM BST
Of course it does Tolmi. The fact that it was his third offence is key here.

Great point, BWS.
Report pa lapsy June 28, 2014 12:03 PM BST
Keane intentionally went to cause damage with that tackle as stated by himself in his book(graphically described by himself with expletives). His reaction afterwards in his posture standing over the stricken Haaland beggars belief. His punishment for that was just a 3 match suspension and a 5k fine
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 12:04 PM BST
No one is debating that, Pa.
Report pa lapsy June 28, 2014 12:12 PM BST
Just saying it as agree while Saurez had to get punishment and while a repeat offender what he did was a lot less than Keane(who should have gone to jail for GBH imo) in regards intent and actually got a joke of a "punishment".
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 12:13 PM BST
The new point made was that it didn't end Hagelaads career as has been repeatedly stated on here.

Keane got off lightly, no one questions that.  It was a different era though, and not on the biggest stage of all. And no doubt if it had been the third incident of such a nature the ban would have been greater.

There is a opportunity for LFC fas like yourself to take the moral ground and simply agree with the rest of the footballing world and admit; 'Yep he deserves what he got'...rather that adopt the 'always the victim, it's never our fault' party line and try to deflect attention away by highlighting other incidents from 20 years ago.

LFC played a huge part in creating this Monster by failing to discipline him and over-supporting him in the past.
Report peckerdunne June 28, 2014 12:17 PM BST
Wildman

I fail to see how you categorize me or my post as in the 'herd mentality'.

I made an observation alone, regarding your post and views.

How you can deduce a herd mentality from that is difficult to see or perhaps it's the in built defence bias kicking in.

I was suprised that your views were framed so narrowly for such an intellect.

Lets be clear. Liverpool is full of good people and alot of Irish have lived a good life there.

Liverpool FC is a good club with high standards and i expect its fans to see Suarez on his way and uphold the family morals and traditions the club was founded on.

Uruguay may be a small country(generally a good indicator for small populations)and be full of people feeling persecuted(not like the jews mind). Your choice of words indicate your bias perspective as the facts you spouse above are not relevant in any shape or form to what has taken place on a football pitch.

Suarez has let down everyone all by himself. I dont believe anything he says.He bit the same player in two different matches. This tells you all you need to know.And if a shadow of a smidgen of guilt or remorse existed he would have done the honourable thing and manned up instead of tryinh to bullshi t the whole world, you included.

The people pay his way, god gave him a talent, he continues to choose to abuse that talent,and those fans yet people like you continue to behave as though other factors are at play when clearly only one man is responsibile.The treatment meted out to him has been lenient.

Two wrongs dont make a right either.You are what you attract.

As regards being annodyne. I am sure the marks on the mounting victims did leave an appearance of Elderberry. No doubt when the bruises heal all will be forgotten as the mental scars will be invisible and therefore painless a bit like those poor old nuns struggling is deepest darkest savage Ireland.

And yes it is true to say that the nausea and vomiting some people suffer from reading some of your post does indeed have them reaching for the Largactil,a clear but colourless solution.
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 12:20 PM BST
Intellect?
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 2:24 PM BST
oz,
    Wildman has indeed intellect and is a very honorable man who I can say has no badness in him..unlike some..
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 5:59 PM BST
You don't know him from Adam.

He is a barstool buffon, full of hot air who appeals to the lowest common denonminator, i.e you.
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 6:05 PM BST
of course I don't know him!!I basing my opinion on his posts..as we all do you fool...I have never seen him fall to the depths of depravity YOU  and your mates have done just because he disagrees with you and tells you straight...he like all of us has his faults..but hes not a bad person...as to his appeal well that's for others to say..but I don't agree with some of his opinions but at least he gives it..and he is in a better place than you..thats for shore...
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 6:19 PM BST
Laugh

Nearly 70, alone, excluded from banking system, insufficient pension, family exiled with you in Sharia ridden Britain...oh he is is in a tremendous place alrighty!

Though I suppose anywhere beats the Liverpool docks Grin
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 6:45 PM BST
back to the docks again oz..you are in a bad place..the memories eh?lol
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:00 PM BST
I've never been, you on the other had earned a crust there as a 15 yo.  True or False?
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 7:02 PM BST
I went to sea as a 15yr old yes..but you seem to have a fixation with the docks area...?
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:03 PM BST
Where else do you go to sea from?
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:04 PM BST
Were you a bit slow at school, Tones?
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 7:05 PM BST
Laugh..ofcourse...
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:08 PM BST
There's your answer as to why Borneo appears such a Messiah to you.

Ask yourself the question why 90% of the bright lads on here take the P out of him.  Lapsy is his sole somewhat intelligent ally.
Report tony57 June 28, 2014 7:12 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzz yes ofcourse..you're such a shrewd guy....I have to go sort myself out for tomorrow...some of us go racing ..enjoy yourself tomorrow watching big brother..any fancies on the winner yet..?as you say your the man..for reality tv?
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:16 PM BST
Going racing!  Wow, your my hero, Tony Love
Report workrider June 28, 2014 7:20 PM BST
Norman ,  I think you meant YOU'RE my hero Tony....
Report freddiek June 28, 2014 7:25 PM BST
fecks sake is Ozy still broke and constantly starting arguments here? you'd almost feel sorry for him
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 7:32 PM BST
^Exhibits B and C above, neither of which I can read, happily!

You been locked up FreddieK?
Report gutfeeling June 28, 2014 7:34 PM BST
Really, Seem's to enjoy being a obnoxious turd, Leave him to it as he wouldn't want anyone's pity, Oneday he'll grow up but I wouldn't bet on it.
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 9:51 PM BST
Laugh Rule no.1 Neither inform nor deny!
Report wildmanfromborneo June 28, 2014 9:54 PM BST
You can hardly deny what you previously posted,some of us have better memories.
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 9:57 PM BST
It's true that I had a bad back last year, fine at the moment, thanks!
Report workrider June 28, 2014 10:53 PM BST
Bad back my foot , legless I'd say ...Laugh
Report reb June 29, 2014 10:40 AM BST
Very good article from Donal Og Cusack in Examiner :

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/suarez-is-just...
Report elvissss June 29, 2014 1:06 PM BST
Good read reb - cheers.

Suarez is just another crazy mixed up kid, not a bad person

Friday, June 27, 2014
By Dónal Óg Cusack

On Tuesday a fragile man broke in the industry we all support. He cracked in the pressure cooker we all built.

On my way into work every morning I pass a mural. Sometimes I pause and just gaze at it for a while. That’s why it is there. One of the inspirational figures painted onto the wall is Marie Curie, the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Science. There is a quote from her too. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.

I love that. The words apply in nearly all areas of life. We live in a world where trying to understand things has gone out of fashion. Trying to understand stuff takes a while. We like everything these days to be instant. The Luis Suarez jokes came instantly.

The one about his mother getting a job as a cleaner in a bus station in the capital and the whole family having to move 300 miles to live in Montevideo. Luis Suarez was seven and he was so traumatised he stayed behind with his granny for a month.

The cracker about his father walking out two years later and leaving a mother and seven sons to cope.

Or the kid having no boots and realising if he improved enough the club he played for as a kid would buy him boots. Or how his teenage girlfriend Sofia, who is now his wife, had to move with her family to Europe when he was 15. Suarez reacted like he did when he needed those boots. He played harder and harder till he got a move to Europe at the age of 19. His being depended on the boots, on Sofia.

Laugh? Far from it. Time after time Luis Suarez’s world got ripped apart and football put him back together. My favourite is the one I read about Suarez growing up in Uruguay in a culture where winning through knavery and roguery and a little deceit and foulness is a little bit sweeter. They call it Picardía. We call it being a cute hoor. There’s a thin line between being celebrated as a cute hoor and being convicted as something else. You learn that too late.

I think the Luis Suarez story is just desperately sad. I have no stones to throw at him. For a while now the Gaelic Players Association has been responding to the mental health needs of players. The We Wear More campaign (www.wewearmore.ie) which was launched recently is designed to emphasise a footballer or a hurler is more than just a footballer or a hurler. He wears more than county colours. He is a son, a brother, a nephew, a husband, a boyfriend, a student, a worker, etc. In one sense our members are fortunate that they generally maintain the support system around them while playing elite sport. They are close to family and friends and the club they grew up in.

On the other hand very few people understand the pressures they feel, or understand that being good at a sport and being celebrated for it doesn’t make you immune from other pressures and troubles. There is a fear for many players if they open up about that internal life people will say, oh yeah I’d love to have those troubles or just lighten up and enjoy it.

One thing we have learned in the GPA is it is wrong and dangerous to judge anybody without knowing their story. I look at a Luis Suarez or a Mario Balotelli and I read about them. Soccer has been their way out of isolation and poverty and fear. We give them money and expect them to cope.

Suarez arrived in Holland aged 19. He had the love of his life and he had his career but he didn’t have any of the equipment to cope. Keep winning and you can keep this life. Lose and you are in the ditch. That’s the way we feel when we are kids. That’s what abandonment does. That’s how it is for players on the edge of making it. More fear than understanding.

Suarez survived but he grew up with a distorted view of football. I really think he feels his happiness depends on it. You watch him play. Football isn’t just his job. It’s his dependency.

How many talented young players have been thrown away with stories which never get told. Gambling, drink problems, general behavioural problems. Good enough to play but not good enough to adapt. Kids who can’t cope get ditched early. There’s more talent at the door always. Suarez got through the filter. Too good to discard. Too screwed up to last.

Dressingrooms are strange places to grow up in. I’m not sure how you could grow adequately in the environments where Luis Suarez has spent his life. A poor Uruguayan kid. Then suddenly a rich Uruguayan kid thousands of miles from home. When he made that handball against Ghana in the last World Cup he got a red card and Ghana won a penalty to win the game. What serious dressingroom wouldn’t have encouraged a player to stick out a hand in the same circumstances. To take one for the team? Gyan missed the penalty. Suarez was in tears in the tunnel when the camera’s caught him shifting from despair to joy. He was the scapegoat one second, then the saviour who took one for the team. Uruguay won on penalties.

Afterwards people forgot Suarez had been punished under the rules. Ghana just didn’t cash in. Listen, how many of us list Thierry Henry’s handball down as one of the worst moments in World Cup history and Diego Maradona’s handball as one of the greatest? I watched that Henry incident in remote Zambia. The African next to me sitting on a crate supporting France didn’t see it the same way. Suarez was a hero or a villain depending on what colours you wore. Any wonder he didn’t come away with a clearer understanding of football’s morality code or how that code changes shape.

His abiding memory must have been that winning made everything ok again. In times of extreme stress it looks to me like he goes back to being a little kid on the street again. Biting and name calling. Being a cute hoor. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose it’s how you play the game? That’s not taught on the street or in dressingrooms underneath big stadiums. Winning equals reward. Losing for Suarez means everything he fears and doesn’t understand beginning to threaten him again.

He can score goals. That protects him. His dependency is football. His cartoon superpower is football. No matter what he does he is good enough to be sold on at a profit and somebody else will coddle him and use his talent for a while.

Just because he is rich doesn’t mean he isn’t being exploited. Just because Marilyn Monroe was rich doesn’t mean she wasn’t exploited. He needs to be helped not scapegoated and then serially sold on. At Liverpool last year Suarez did some work with the psychiatrist Steve Peters. I have read Peters’ book The Chimp Paradox and the man comes from a very interesting background of working with high-security prisoners. While he was in that environment at Anfield last season something changed in Suarez. When he started his season, later than everybody else because of his last suspension he was a changed player. His behaviour was excellent, his play was brilliant. He opened up as a family man.

In Brazil this week he was a South American player in the mad world of a South American World Cup. He was removed from that support structure which Brendan Rogers had put in place. Steve Peters was with the England team. The British media were back to taking pot shots at him. Not fully fit, playing badly on a Uruguayan team which was going out of the World Cup and being marked by a provocative Italian with whom he had history, Suarez flipped. Remember Zidane!

He went back to the old pathology. He bit somebody. In a stupid and obvious way.

At the end of the game against Italy he didn’t celebrate like he did against Ghana four years ago. He looked like an addict who was going to have to begin painful rehab all over again. It was desperately sad to see. Biting is an ugly thing to do, but nobody died. No bones were broken. Everybody else played on. The fuss was 100 times louder than when one professional player comes in high and premeditated with a tackle which could break a leg and end a career. That’s what it is like being Luis Suarez.

When it happened Suarez reverted helplessly to childhood, clutching his teeth, then saying his eye hurt, crying.

He has bigger problems than FIFA are qualified to deal with.

The lesson is that you can easily take young footballers out of the street and pay them big money. You can’t take the street out of all of them without a lot of love and hard work and concern for the human being not the player.

I think Luis Suarez is just another crazy mixed up kid. I don’t think he is a bad person. He has been saved by football and he has been exploited by it. His head, Marie Curie might say, is full of fears and not understanding. He has a psychological kink. Rather than nail him to the cross or sell him on for profit it would have been nice if FIFA had the wisdom to ask that he continue to work on understanding and on managing the way he reacts under stress.

The show trial was short and sweet. The punishment wasn’t as bad as the lynch mob were asking but it was still poorly thought out. I would like to have seen a good chunk of the bans suspended for two years pending ongoing work with counsellors and anger management. Instructions to take coaching badges. Instead the immediate debate was how much is he still worth.

It would be encouraging had they viewed this as a holistic problem and understood that Luis Suarez isn’t just the guy in the jersey. He is a human being whose development has been different to most people’s and whose work environment is extraordinarily pressurised at the best of times. He wears more. We have had beloved heroes whose sad dysfunction has been accommodated by the pro game as long as it suited. Imagine how we would hurt here if Paul McGrath, scarred by his own childhood, was thrown to the wolves the way Luis Suarez has been.

Liverpool Football Club need to stop permitting the impression to be given they are the real victims here. They did good work with Suarez last season. He got them to the Champions League. He has given them the financial means to replace him. To do that would be cruel. Liverpool always aspire to be more than a club. Prove it now. Forgive him, embrace him and keep working with him.

On Tuesday a fragile man just broke in the industry we all support as fans. He cracked in the pressure cooker we all built. We have created all this for our own entertainment. It’s our fun but it’s Luis Suarez’s existence. He clings onto the life he escaped to, in a wild and primal way. He cracked in the moment against Italy. Can we judge him till we have walked in his shoes? Can we deny that for the past year he has worked hard on himself. He fell back on impulse and hurt himself and his team and his family. He needs support and care, not stone throwers and lame jokes.

If I’d had the money I would have paid FIFA to skew their deliberations in the direction of decent human compassion and not a show trial. But it probably doesn’t work like that with FIFA does it?...
Report peckerdunne June 29, 2014 2:03 PM BST
I gave up a quarter way down the above.

Luis Suarez acted with intent, he wanted to enforce himself on to someone else more than once with the aim to hurt.

He did it premeditated too, but people ignore that fact.

He is a flawed genius, unlike most of us that are just not perfect.

He is also a coward, one who acted in a cowardly way with no regard for the game or those who pay his way.

He then follows this with lies, a shallow deceitfull little ruse to escape the truth.

He is a disgusting cheating gutless little toe rag, no matter his 'story'.
Report CheltenhamRoar June 29, 2014 2:10 PM BST
Typical of the culture we now live in,Not many people have had good childhoods for various reasons,
Does that mean people who go around breaking them law time and time again should be treated with kid gloves?
Report workrider June 29, 2014 7:17 PM BST
Lads read the FULL story below before you respond , have a little compassion ....
Report reb June 30, 2014 7:08 PM BST
Suarez has apologised to Chiellini for his bite. He's on the road to recovery.
Report Ozymandius June 30, 2014 9:19 PM BST
Admits he lied to the disciplinary hearing....here's hoping the ban is increased.
Report CheltenhamRoar June 30, 2014 9:48 PM BST
Gary Lineker has tweeted "i hear Barca insisted on apology if transfer is to proceed"
Report Ozymandius June 30, 2014 10:13 PM BST
well, it can hardly have been Luis's idea.
Report workrider June 30, 2014 10:14 PM BST
Norman , going mental over a bite , that caused a minutes pain at most , yet not a word about the great MAN UTD player Giggs ..Here's a man who ruined his Brothers life , by sleeping with that mans wife ..Not a word said by Norman ...Hypocrite or what ...I ask the jury which is the bigger crime ...Lets put things into perspective ....
Report Rocketfingers June 30, 2014 10:53 PM BST
I can't understand how anybody thinks FIFA actions are harsh, the ban is about fair enough imo, you can't go around biting people and expect to get away with it, there is obviously something wrong with it but let's face he ain't stuck for a pound and neither are his employers so they need to get him the help that is needed. As for Giggs Workrider i think he is a scumbag of the highest order but that his personal life and nothing any football organisation can do about what he did.
Report Ozymandius June 30, 2014 10:55 PM BST
Wonks is bringing Giggs into the debate?  FFS!
Report workrider June 30, 2014 11:06 PM BST
Thought you had me blocked ...Cool..You go off on a mad one re LUIS , yet something as awful as a brother betraying his own , you deem ok ..How sad are you mate , worshiping at the Giggs shrine ...You really are a big child mate...Try and come into the REAL world , Giggsy wouldn't have to worry about his wife with you around though would he ...Laugh
Report tony57 July 1, 2014 11:43 AM BST
Laughnice one wr......the ban is fair..but as I said he will never kick a ball for lfc again..wether lfc get the money they want well that's another matter..65m is the price:?
Report tony57 July 1, 2014 11:43 AM BST
Laughnice one wr......the ban is fair..but as I said he will never kick a ball for lfc again..wether lfc get the money they want well that's another matter..65m is the price:?
Report Ozymandius July 1, 2014 11:51 AM BST
courtesy of judoprick on Football forum, a succint and accurate view imo.

so after biting an opponent, faking an injury, claiming nothing happened, accusing the media of conspiring against him, releasing a statement saying he lost his balance and having the head of state of his country call the disciplinary panel 'fascists' he finally realises that he has been found bang to rights and needs to show contrition

Suarez at 65m will be the steal of the century imo. Pool would be mad to let him go at that price, even allowing for his madness.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2014 12:04 PM BST
Its a forced contrition.

Its like the show trials of the fifties,they always confess admit the error of their ways and end with an apology.
Report Ozymandius July 1, 2014 12:06 PM BST
embarrassing for his band of supporters and Uruguay public who regurgitated his original daft statement.
Report kincsem July 1, 2014 3:45 PM BST
I'm tuning up my tiny violin. Happy
Report Ozymandius July 3, 2014 9:07 PM BST
Doing the right thing, LFC style.

Report tony57 July 4, 2014 8:49 AM BST
the greatest player to ever put on the shirt ..and a gentleman..unlike the bully you so admire..HYPOCRITE, why do you continue to put yourself on us ..nobody is interested in whatever you have to say..your a sick individual..what type of person needs multiple usernames to post on this site?ITCANBEDONE?have you been to seek help? psychiatrists possibly?..I have a deep worry that you spend your days in front of the mirror..in woman's clothes..talking to yourself?..we do know you have a bad mind..and in my honest opinion..you have mental health issues?
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 8:55 AM BST
Jeez Tony, you are very easy to get off the bridle Laugh

Do you have a perm and a moustache by any chance?
Report tony57 July 4, 2014 9:04 AM BST
no, I do not..but I have the pleasure of being in the mans company a few times..and he is a gentleman..who on the occasion you mention imo was totally right to back his player..you on the other hand forget fergusons antics on MANNY occasions, although I take my hat of to the man as a manager....as a person..he is a 100% prrik...
Report pa lapsy July 4, 2014 9:31 AM BST
Well said Tony,hit the nail on the head there.
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 9:35 AM BST
Ferguson's actions are completely irrelevant here and serve only to distract from the fact that LFC are complicit in helping to create a monster.

Apparently the sh1t hit the fan big time when Henry heard about the t-shirts.  They really couldn't have been less appropriate.  Even a one eyed dinosaur like yourself can see that, Tony.
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 9:38 AM BST
http://dioclese.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/scousers.html
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 10:03 AM BST
Scouse Tones, take your blood pressure medicine before reading the analysis below;

From the Daily Mail;

Liverpool are to blame for feeding the ego of Luis Suarez... Bill Shankly would have sent him packing after the Branislav Ivanovic bite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2675980/ADRIAN-DURHAM-Liverpool-blame-feeding-ego-Luis-Suarez-despite-previous-incidents-treated-like-legend-scored-lots-goals.html#ixzz36UMFztUL

Will the Daily Mail be banned in Scouseland?
Report wildmanfromborneo July 4, 2014 10:07 AM BST
Ozymandius the man who scours others posts for what he perceives to be racism,the man who considers the word Oriental to have connotations,who thinks saying someone is from Thailand is racist has shown his own prejudices here.

The constant denigration of Liverpool and its people has reached hysterical proportions,the portraying of all Liverpudlians as criminals is just wrong,the ignorance of Liverpools noble history is staggering.

Hypocrisy is Ozymandius middle name.
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 10:12 AM BST
Ok, if all Liverpudlians are not criminals, can someone tell me what Scouse Tony does to earn a crust?
Report wildmanfromborneo July 4, 2014 10:17 AM BST
That's none of your business and to imply he is a criminal is not only wrong but patently untrue.

Suarez looks to be on his way out of Liverpool but one thing is certain Liverpool FC made him the player he is today.
Report pa lapsy July 4, 2014 10:21 AM BST
Doesn't matter if he is a roadsweeper or a brain surgeon, he is on here very civil and getting abuse from yourself for the simple fact he is from a certain area.
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 10:34 AM BST
It's like something from a Jeffrey Archer fairytale.

Goes from working the docks at 15 to owning a tail in a horse at 37 Laugh  Despite the pressures of having to fork out child support for 4+ estranged kids.  Despite clearly not being a member of the 'professional classes'.  Despite spending night, noon and morning on here, and despite, not being a succesful gambler.

You don't need to be a genius to join the dots.

Maybe he can hold a note and raked it in as a cruise ship crooner but that's a 100/1 shot.

Also intimated he was 'connected' when he threatened to hunt down The Rock in Puerto Banus.
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 10:36 AM BST
I have to leave the discussion at this point, Gents, should be back for the footie later.  Have a tremendous day one and all. 

Yeeeee....hhhhaaaawww!
Report wildmanfromborneo July 4, 2014 10:43 AM BST
Last statement is code for I have to run away because I can't substaniate any allegations.

A man without children trying to goad a man with children is typical of Ozymandius as is the twisting shown by the use of the word estranged.
Report freddiek July 4, 2014 10:50 AM BST
Ozy likes to play the keyboard warrior here. thought he would have got bored of it by now though. still lives with his parents - Nap.
Report gutfeeling July 4, 2014 11:24 AM BST
Very sad, And he thinks Suarez has problems.
Report workrider July 4, 2014 11:50 AM BST
Laugh GUT..
Report tony57 July 4, 2014 11:59 AM BST
hows does oz earn a crust?? does anyone have the answer on here..?once again he talks the ultimate crap, his sad life hits new lows daily...the troll life is a sad one...
Report workrider July 4, 2014 12:03 PM BST
He's an International businessman , goes for holidays , 3 days mind , on his friends yacht , was capped for Leinster ...Lets be honest , been a rent boy seems to pay well....Laugh
Report tony57 July 4, 2014 12:06 PM BST
Laughthat may not be far from the truth wr??
Report elvissss July 4, 2014 1:54 PM BST
He seems to have a thing for u tony - spending every day gathering personal info on an anonymous forum

Tell him ur a woman and he'll slither away to stalk someone else  WinkLaugh

PS: Tighten ur belt and keep ur back door locked imo
Report workrider July 4, 2014 5:56 PM BST
Laugh Elvisss , you have Norman to a t ...
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 6:46 PM BST
I note with some interest that not one person has disputed my logic with regard to Tony's source of income.
Report workrider July 4, 2014 7:07 PM BST
Norman , what you fail to notice is , no one gives a toss what YOU think...Cool
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2014 7:12 PM BST
Wonks, I will unblock you for a trial period upon completion of the WC.  I must say, not having you buzzing in my ear has been a great aid to my punting.  That said, am prepared to give you another chance, once the tournament is over.
Report slickster July 4, 2014 7:14 PM BST
Poor auld wonks. Feels it neccessary to respond to every thread, every post. Sad buzzard Grin
Report workrider July 4, 2014 7:35 PM BST
Thick , no I don't , YOU on the other hand , contribute nothing , unless its negative ..That's a form of insanity , but I'm sure you're aware of that ...Cool
Report workrider July 4, 2014 7:36 PM BST
Norman , I don't give a feck what you do ...Laugh
Report slickster July 4, 2014 7:54 PM BST
You would know more than me wonks......Grin
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2018 5:54 PM GMT
The Liverpool fans singing Suarez at Evra. Trying to taunt him by singing the name of the man who racially abused him? Really? #LIVWHU

Liverpool fans chanting Luis Suarez at Evra is effectively racist. Will the FA do anything? Of course they won't.
Disgusting that in 2018 such thinly veiled racism is still prevalent in football grounds

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/24/liverpool-fans-direct-luis-suarez-chant-patrice-evra-debut-west-ham-7339369/
Report workrider March 1, 2018 4:11 PM GMT
FFS Catch theres more important things going on in life get a grip, didn't Evra KICK a fan recently,didn't hear you berate him for that!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 2, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
WR, just passing on that metro news as reported (on an appropriate thread) - we have never criticized anyone...never full stop.

IN BREAKING NEWS...
Gardai in Dublin have made a number of arrests after a series of violent incidents at supermarkets in the Tallaght area of the capital.

WR must have run out of bread Tongue Out
Report workrider March 3, 2018 12:40 PM GMT
They were the a different tribe than me Catch, maybe you didn't notice though,liberal lefties like yourself never seem to notice when it THAT tribe...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 6, 2018 6:46 PM GMT
Those 'bread' winners are members of your Tribe WR !

...I spotted the green n white hooped scarves......"you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig" Tongue Out Devil
Report workrider March 6, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
I demand you SHOW a Shamrock Rovers Scarve in evidence, otherwise it'll just show you for the BIGOT you really are..ALL Rovers fans were disgusted with the behaviour of the bastards that did this, and to a man said whoever was guilty should get a long prison sentence. For you to even suggest Rovers fans were anyway involved in this is shameful and shows you up for the clown you really are. Its no wonder you are left on here day after day talking to yourself, I just hope for you sake no other Rovers fan see this and reports you to the club.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 18, 2018 2:28 PM GMT
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/tallaght-councillor-brands-lidl-t...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 18, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/tallaght-councillor-brands-lidl-t...

Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 20, 2018 4:32 PM GMT
Gardaí are investigating an attempted burglary at a McDonald’s restaurant in County Limerick. The thieves used a JCB to break into the drive-thru of the fast-food outlet in Castletroy and tried to steal a safe at around 2:50am. This latest incident bears a striking resemblance to the recent digger robbery at a Lidl supermarket in Fortunestown Lane, and Gardaí were quick to note that a number of people from Tallaght had travelled to Limerick earlier that evening for a soccer game. While there is, as yet, no connection between the two events, investigations are ongoing. Devil

http://www.clare.fm/news/thieves-use-jcb-attempted-burglary-mcdonalds/?utm_s...
Report workrider March 21, 2018 8:49 AM GMT
I'm amazed they have McDonalds down there tbh, ain't Limerick noted for its high traveller population like most parts of the Country, I'm quite sure they know how to drive a jcb . On my travels around the Country recently I have started to Notice that Countrymen seems the like their Women to look like their livestock....Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now