Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jamesdean
15 Feb 19 13:06
| Topic/replies: 14,868 | Blogger: jamesdean's blog
Be hard pushed to see a worse ride this year, wd
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Nicola Currie
Show More
Report par February 15, 2019 2:06 PM GMT
ever mate,
Report granitjack February 15, 2019 2:06 PM GMT
Agreed. Shocking. The whole race stank to high heaven tho to be honest.
Report ashleigh February 15, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
got in to every bad position going.Sad
Report hulk23 February 15, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
that was pretty disgraceful, she was hardly throwing the kitchen sink at it was she ?
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
Well done nicola lol
Report granitjack February 15, 2019 2:08 PM GMT

Feb 15, 2019 -- 8:07AM, hulk23 wrote:

that was pretty disgraceful, she was hardly throwing the kitchen sink at it was she ?

Not at all. Only decided to give it a half hearted tap with 50 yards to go. Rancid.

Report par February 15, 2019 2:08 PM GMT
I thought she was going to pull it up going down the hill there, what was that all about, seriously
Report shaungoater February 15, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
I genuinely thought with 2f to go she thought there was another circuit. She only moved after seeing other jockeys riding a finish around her
Report jamesdean February 15, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
Strangled horse back throughout field off an absolute crawl of pace, brutal
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
Horse seemed to stick his head up a bit but couldnt have rode it worse every inch of the way lol sure thing beat.had 1st and 2nd but 1st chunkier ffs
Report Kriskin February 15, 2019 2:10 PM GMT
I couldn't believe what I was viewing.  I thought the horse went wrong during the race as it kept dropping back with her strangling the beast.  She should be banned for that atrocious ride.  It's the worse I've seen in a long time.
Report granitjack February 15, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
Stewards with do jack. Deserves a long ban for that.
Report Sergeant Cecil February 15, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
Utterly bizarre.  Why would you willingly allow it to drift back through the field when everything else was making moves, particularly off a pace like that?
Report jamesdean February 15, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
The thing is surely she aint that good to time it so close to only get beat a head.
Maybe she was trying which makes it even worse! Either that or the horse has nearly got her in the brown stuff

Whatever a right head scratcher
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:13 PM GMT
Thommo commentating ffs how s he still paining our ears
Report grayhawk February 15, 2019 2:13 PM GMT
Unlucky Nicola....
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:16 PM GMT
Its won or has it eh f.... .ff T.....
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:17 PM GMT
It was just an awful ride eh tons of em every day eh give her an Iron in my view lol
Report par February 15, 2019 2:18 PM GMT
I am going for the excuse given, it hung right going down the hill sir, I held him together and he ran past beaten horses
Report Mat22 February 15, 2019 2:22 PM GMT
It was a pi$$ poor ride, end off!
Robbed of a winner.
Report stewarts rise February 15, 2019 2:25 PM GMT
THE BETWAY HEED YOUR HUNCH HANDICAP STAKES (CLASS 6)

Following the race, Nicola Currie reported that ATOMIC JACK, placed second, ran too free and was denied a clear run and Hollie Doyle reported that LAMH AR LAMH (IRE), unplaced, was never travelling. William Carver's representative reported that SEASEARCH, unplaced, was unsuited by the track, which in their opinion was too sharp for the gelding. The Veterinary Officer reported that ARGYLE (IRE), placed third, lost its left fore shoe.
Report Sergeant Cecil February 15, 2019 2:26 PM GMT
"Nicola Currie reported that ATOMIC JACK, placed second, ran too free and was denied a clear run"

Nonsense, of course.  "Too free" implies that the horse has lost all winning chance due to its keenness, when clearly this should have won.  Similarly, she didn't seem to make any effort extricate herself from trouble - nonetheless, she was letting the horse drift back, not going forward into traffic.
Report Kriskin February 15, 2019 2:28 PM GMT
The horse was not denied a clear run.  This was down to the Klown on top.  So if I crash my car by veering the wrong way it was the car that crashed.  That is NOT the root cause.  What caused the horse to be denied a clear run is the question???
Report posy February 15, 2019 2:29 PM GMT
Shocking ride; didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.
Report Kriskin February 15, 2019 2:29 PM GMT
Not one word from the gravy trainers on channel 415
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:29 PM GMT
Stall warts a joke eh do nuffin so joke sport.should have system like here in Oz eh accountability
Report De_man February 15, 2019 2:32 PM GMT
Cobden poor there again eh travelling best why not make a length that you re beaten by lol
Report shoodacoodadidnt February 15, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
I bet it - glad I didn't see it - she let's me down too often for it to be coiincidence - and I don't believe it to be incompetence :(
Report roggrain February 15, 2019 3:09 PM GMT
I often wonder when I see these kind of rides whether in fact it's down to the trainer.

Possible scenario: The pace is an absolute dawdle. Jockey finds herself on the front by default then remembers

the trainer's instructions to sit just off the pace,so takes the horse back into third. The pace remains a crawl

and so the entire field closes in around her,trapping her on the rail and not being able to get out until too

late. Now this may or may not be the case here but it would be nice to know what her instructions were.

If this were an Australian or Hong Kong race the stewards would certainly have asked that question and the

answers noted in their report, which would be published for public viewing.
Report De_man February 15, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
Plausible Rog eh more transparency like here should be employed i agree
Report mrcombustible February 15, 2019 9:57 PM GMT
Baker says he never gives instructions to jockeys.

Nicola is  only 21% on favourites. Most good jockeys are in the 33 to 40% region

Nicola Currie All Weather Jockey Stats: Favourite[nl][/nl]13 wins, 61 runs, 21.3% strike rate, 0.63 A/E, -38.4% loss, 20.5 Exp, 4.2 Archie [nl][/nl]4:25L Hammy End(IRE)
Report doorman99 February 15, 2019 10:39 PM GMT
If you don't give instructions to the thickest of them all, jocks, you deserve all you get. Idiot trainer.
Report DenzilPenberthy February 15, 2019 10:56 PM GMT
He mightn't know any better,surprised if he doesn't say owt when he's had a few bob on
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com