Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
14 Sep 18 16:11
| Topic/replies: 2,643 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
RIP commanding officer. another poor horse killed trying to entertain the betting public. Sad
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View another poor horse killed.
Show More
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 4:12 PM BST
gina doesnt look too bothered Sad
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 4:13 PM BST
those stalls are death traps imo
Report ashleigh September 14, 2018 4:15 PM BST
horses are killed every day of the week out in a field.
i used to look after derby winner troy, who collapsed and died in his box with a twisted gut.Cry
Report Percy Filth September 14, 2018 4:16 PM BST
If it wasn't for Horse Racing it would not be alive. What do you think they are bred for?
Report kenny mann September 14, 2018 4:17 PM BST
How do you kmow it's died? ATR not said anything.
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 4:18 PM BST
horses die in the field but we dont leave anything in the field that might harm them.... that's just nature or a pure accident
Report lewisham ranger September 14, 2018 4:18 PM BST
well I don't know it's died I'm just assuming the worst. never seen horses been taken out like that having already been loaded, so something really bad must have happened.

btw this sangarius looks like a proper racehorse.
Report dambuster September 14, 2018 4:20 PM BST
It was put back in the betting on betfair , then out again.
can't see it running tbh
Report kenny mann September 14, 2018 4:20 PM BST
ok ta.
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 4:25 PM BST
What a shame, looked a lovely prospect. Cruel game at times.
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 4:29 PM BST
gina's having a great laugh. who knew she was vacuous
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 4:29 PM BST
Has it been confirmed?
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 4:30 PM BST
havent heard but i wouldnt be hopeful
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 4:32 PM BST
RP live reporter on the ball again - substantial delay - unspecified reason.

Cheers...
Report grey shark September 14, 2018 4:33 PM BST
lewisham ranger

never seen horses been taken out like that having already been loaded, so something really bad must have happened.

You obviously don't watch much racing as seen horses unloaded like that many times for number of reasons
Report ashleigh September 14, 2018 4:37 PM BST
still nothing from atr.
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Just had a look back and as they jump off, there appears to be a horse ambulance pulling away in the background. Hopefully he can be saved if he is still alive.
Report gutfeeling September 14, 2018 4:38 PM BST
Know of one that was PTS today in it's box due to long standing tendon issues,
That's the game I'm afraid.
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 4:39 PM BST
ATR must know what's happened, they've got cameras focused on the start. They must think we're a bunch of mushrooms who should be kept in the dark.
Report gerrygamer September 14, 2018 4:57 PM BST
As someone who is a relative newcomer to racing, I don't mind admitting it affects me when a horse or jockey is injured (fatally or otherwise)

That said, in the short time I've been following the sport, I believe the level of care the animals receive is very high and as gutfeeling said, it is a sad part of the game.
Report hulk23 September 14, 2018 5:01 PM BST
it appears gina is refusing to acknowledge anything happened at the start of that race ... maybe she thinks they were waiting for the farrier
Report ashleigh September 14, 2018 5:02 PM BST
horse fatally injuredSad
Report jmdc September 14, 2018 5:05 PM BST
Boyce just acknowledged it.  It also looked like Alisier D'Irlande suffered the same fate at Listowel.  Appeared to take a false step and broke down badly.
Report lewisham ranger September 14, 2018 5:09 PM BST
Sad
Report kenny mann September 14, 2018 5:50 PM BST
It's extremely sad when these magnificent animal are killed, but I assume all racehorses have a really good life.

It's what happens at the end of their career that we should be concentraating on. I'm absolutely no expert on this but have read sad stories.
Report SlippyBlue September 14, 2018 6:00 PM BST
It is kenny mann, it is extremely upsetting when they pay the ultimate price. Gloria Victis and Valarimix to name but 2 lost with their great future ahead of them. I was most upset when that grand old servant Yorkshire didn't make it home.
Report Steamship September 14, 2018 6:02 PM BST
It's what happens to the slow 2 year olds and the horses that never make it to the track. Unfortunately it is part of the business.
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 6:09 PM BST
these stalls are more dangerous than  the old stalls. everyday you see horses rearing up and you wonder there's not more injuries & deaths
Report gutfeeling September 14, 2018 6:11 PM BST
Kenny in all the yards I've been associated with they couldn't be looked after any better & get the best of everything, It's horrible to lose one, it's even heartbreaking when one is moved that you've minded for a few years.

It's felt more by those on the ground than anyone else but we accept it & just give them the best we can day in day out.

I feel for the driver bringing home a empty box & his lad / lass who has to clear his stable out but that'll happen when they're ready..The trainer never rushes that out of respect.
Report gutfeeling September 14, 2018 6:13 PM BST
TheFear you're correct.
Report gutfeeling September 14, 2018 6:14 PM BST
Steamship most now get sold to go abroad where the racing isn't anywhere near our quality so there's much less that meet their end before they've even been given a chance.
Report GEORGE.B September 14, 2018 6:14 PM BST
I think David Ashforth is right, there needs to be a total review.

It seems to be a lot better in Ireland. Some days at the Curragh, massive fields with half hour gaps between races, and yet they're getting them off on time.
Report ProSniper September 14, 2018 6:17 PM BST
gutty, did you visit Mick Quinn's yard?
Report gutfeeling September 14, 2018 6:19 PM BST
Laugh

No I tend to avoid getting involved with fat useless a@seh@les with gambling problems
Report Oldgit1 September 14, 2018 6:32 PM BST
Lewisham Ranger
" RIP commanding officer. another poor horse killed trying to entertain the betting public "
Its not just for the betting public it is a multi billion pound industry that provides work for thousands in this country alone and a lot of revenue for the country as well as the taxman.
Report parispike September 14, 2018 7:23 PM BST
Owned with my ex wife a lovely American Quarter Horse. Died of a heart attack, aged 4, in front of me in our fields. Conclusion, horses in fields should be banned.
Report kenny mann September 14, 2018 7:32 PM BST
That;s good to read, gutfeeling. Thanks.
Report Oldgit1 September 14, 2018 7:36 PM BST
And Hunting, one I had a share in was given to the owner of the stud where he was foaled to go Hunting at the end of his racing days. Sadly he had a fall and broke his back and was put down.
Someone I knew only once had a share in a winning horse and it fell down dead in the winners enclosure at Perth.
Report Oldgit1 September 14, 2018 7:42 PM BST
The Fear>
" these stalls are more dangerous than  the old stalls. everyday you see horses rearing up and you wonder there's not more injuries & deaths "
I asked a question earlier this week that did not get a reply, How many different types of stalls are in use in the UK ?
Report Oldgit1 September 14, 2018 7:45 PM BST
Parispike.
Many horses break legs and have other bad injuries in their fields and paddocks.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now