Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
big aitch
10 Sep 18 09:29
| Topic/replies: 12,342 | Blogger: big aitch's blog
I haven't been watching and betting in running much for a while, what's the best way to get fast pics on mainly racing UK and ATR please?

I have a few sky+ boxes, but stopped subscribing to sky last year as I use Netflix now.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View best way to view in running?
Show More
Report dj dazzler September 14, 2018 12:33 PM BST
iv read ruk is about 2 seconds behind live but what about atr? i know iv been told the aw flat tracks are now fibre optic does that mean thru sky they are faster than atr jumps tracks? thanks guys.
Report jamesdean September 14, 2018 1:26 PM BST
Live video, when it works well, has never been better for home in running players.

Ruk is about 1.3seconds behind live give or take a milisecond depending on track/location etc
Very playable. Sis tracks aint bad either off lv as long as youre sensible and dont try and pick up money late on
Report dj dazzler September 14, 2018 5:50 PM BST
james ruk sounds good at 1.3 mate! and can you tell me what atr tracks are please? like the aw tracks then the jumps? im pretty sure the jumps tracks are going to be miles behind but im intrested what the aw tracks are behind as they are now fibre optic.  cheers dude )
Report jamesdean September 14, 2018 6:08 PM BST
I think atr on lv is about 2.5 seconds behind. All the a/w tracks are playable off lv except newcastle imo
Same with sis jumps all playable off lv, but again you have to be sensible and not play late on (last furlong here)

It depends how you play dj. To be honest the only way you will find out is to try it yourself with low stakes (no point risking bi amounts til youre comfy) and see what works for you.

It's not easy but many play in running every day off ruk and lv and still make plenty. gl
Report jamesdean September 14, 2018 6:08 PM BST
big*
Report TheFear September 14, 2018 7:02 PM BST
agree with james
Report andyl September 14, 2018 9:37 PM BST
fivetimes seems a decent angler.
Report dj dazzler September 15, 2018 11:11 AM BST
thanks very much james for that. can you tell me what atr is behind viewing on virgin cable? and is virgin ahead or behind sky dish do you know? if ruk is only 1.3 seconds behind live thats very good i think..its the atr aw tracks that worry me.iv never yoused blv before its my understanding you have to bet 5 quid before it lets you watch a race? and its not reliable? plus you need a lead from your laptop to a tv so you can watch it while your playing on your laptop?
Report dj dazzler September 15, 2018 11:12 AM BST
sorry i seem a bit dim but im really hopeless on tecky stuff much to my shame  (
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 15, 2018 11:21 AM BST
dazzler you have been on here 15YRS ffs. ??  never used lv before ?? 

have you been subject to an alien abduction. ??
Report onlooker September 15, 2018 11:31 AM BST
^ He's been busy fishing.
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 15, 2018 11:36 AM BST
..  yes it did cross my mind Wink
Report dustybin September 15, 2018 1:38 PM BST
GLASGOWCALLING • September 15, 2018 11:21 AM BST
dazzler you have been on here 15YRS ffs. ??  never used lv before ??

He thinking about it....slowly.
Be great IR punter, jump in dj, but bring your wallet.
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 11:47 AM BST
iv never used blv before no. iv always had ruk or atr in past to watch racing or go in bookies. i also watch replays later in evening on bet365 archive.thats free. to watch blv you got to bet a fiver before each race. thats a bit steep i think.i dont mind investing money to get set up for in running if i think iv at least got a level chance.thats why im asking questions because im not a tecky person.i dont get what you mean by fishing? makes no sense. i simply asking normal questions.im still not sure how far atr is behind live? i know it was bout 8 seconds last time i looked.at mo im waiting for virgin cable to be connected so iv not got any pictures.if its worthwile id get a satellite dish put in.or mayb stick to just ruk.anyhow any advice or help is much appreciiated.
Report dustybin September 16, 2018 1:05 PM BST
dj

To save you time Ill tll you.
It doesnt matter exactly how far behind ATR is, all you need to know is its so far behind the people winning off you could make tea, let it cool and still have drank it before taking your money.
RUK/BFLV your only chance cos those people who you assume you might stand a chance against been at it years and will strip the skin off your bones while you think about whether 5 quid is worth it or not.

You can do this the easy way and take the advice, or you can do it the hard way, get little info, then spend loads to find out you got nothing cos the markets are dead.

GL
Report andyl September 16, 2018 8:09 PM BST
hand held at track the way forward.
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 8:48 PM BST
wow.. ok dustybin you left me in no doubt lol..i love bit of frankness. your right il prolly do my nuts but i feel like giving it a try. i feel like nemo in a pool of sharks mind you. so atr is out.. fine. so that leaves me ruk..or blv if i can work out how to get it from my lappy to my tv!i actually dont understand what lead im supposed to plug in and where from.im goin to buy a brand new laptop this ones ancient and il get a new small telly for my desk next to lappy. any recomendations. i prefer windows laptops cos im used to them. cheers
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 16, 2018 8:52 PM BST
   ^ He's been busy fishing.

cant argue with that now onlooker. Wink
Report andyl September 16, 2018 8:54 PM BST
just buy a pedal bin and put your money in now.
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 8:56 PM BST
i dont want to do the hand held thing andyl. to much fartin around, but let me know if you try it!
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 8:58 PM BST
im not fishing glasgow. i just want info before i get started. this fishin bolox does my head in.luckily a few lads on here are helping. a few are just muppets.
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 16, 2018 9:03 PM BST
just saying it looks a bit strange you being on 15YRS and saying you havent used blv before.

now you go on to say you want a lead from your computer to your telly ???   why when its all there

on your computer screen. ??
Report andyl September 16, 2018 9:16 PM BST
have gruss half screen and blv in small screen mode...bellissimo
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 9:35 PM BST
yes i got told you can put the blv pics onto a telly? that would suit me altho the idea of having betty next to the blv on same screen does sound cool to lol. i know gruss is just one touch instead of 2? but cant you already do that on betfair?in the settings? plus iv no idea how to half my screen on my laptop.
Report Deltâ September 16, 2018 9:37 PM BST
thats it

FULL now

no more facetime PM's

got enuff

tar
Report andyl September 16, 2018 9:44 PM BST
is betty the missus?
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 9:56 PM BST
i dont want any body to facetime me! i dont want a partner at all! i simply want to have a go at in running at home.i just know i need advice because iv got big gaps in my tecky knowledge. iv leaned a lot already on here tbh. but still want to learn more
Report andyl September 16, 2018 9:59 PM BST
what have you done the last 15yrs?
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 16, 2018 10:02 PM BST
this might explain a bit dazzler.

https://www.sbo.net/horse-racing/betting-in-running-on-horse-racing/
Report dj dazzler September 16, 2018 10:15 PM BST
thanks glasgow il take a look at that..and last 15 years iv just bet a bit..laid a bit..used to do in running back in the day but only using ruk and atr when everybody did it. but it started going wrong when the delays got so large. but i thought id try and see if its worth wile starting up again.
Report andyl September 16, 2018 10:23 PM BST
are you prepared to take a polygraph?
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 10:16 AM BST
yes id take a polygraph. why thehel would i make stuff up? im not trying to sell anything.i just need to find out what more experienced in running guys do set up wise then make a decision. in the end its a bit more liquidity in the pool. if you dont get new blood then money dries up altogether.
Report geoff m September 17, 2018 10:56 AM BST
dj i  suggest if yer canna make it pay i/r with RUK sat @ home faster pictures will not turn you into a winner.imo
Report duncan idaho September 17, 2018 1:12 PM BST
think the £5 bet to watch lv has changed to £2 recently
Report roder2 September 17, 2018 1:35 PM BST
andyl- is it true you where the best inrunning player on betfair?
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 3:00 PM BST
thanks guys every bit of advice i get on here is very nice. even the warnings! 2 things bugging me.. is it worthwile laying out money for satellite dish-biss codes? and secondly im sure a few good in-running players on here chatting to me and if they are struggling what chance the rest of us got!
Report jamesdean September 17, 2018 3:22 PM BST
You seem to know more than you suggest but I'll play along.

You've already been told everything, ruk and lv are fine, no need for sat dishes. Try it for small stakes and see how you get on.
No need for anything else, your questions have been answered umpteen times.
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 3:24 PM BST
ok james thats it then lol..iv got to get a new laptop   wait for virgin to be connected up..btw is virgin cable same speed as sky satellite for ruk?
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 3:26 PM BST
btw thanks for all the advice  much appreciated. even if i do my nuts lol )
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 3:27 PM BST
i think il try and get a laptop with big screen. if i can fit betfair alongside blv on same screen i think that makes life easier.. then just use my tv on my desk for ruk?
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 5:30 PM BST
Its hard to tell if ur being serious Laugh

You need sky and BFLV and do small bets to find what works for you and you can always lay off ur £2 bet
Report onlooker September 17, 2018 6:02 PM BST
He cannot be, "serious," - if he posts this ...

dj dazzler    17 Sep 18 15:24 

ok james thats it then lol..iv got to get a new laptop  wait for virgin to be connected up..btw is virgin cable same speed as sky satellite for ruk?
------------

Taking the p!ss.
Report jamesdean September 17, 2018 6:18 PM BST
Aye, it certainly looks that way.

All a bit strange to keep it going for so long. It takes all sorts I suppose..
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:12 PM BST
onlooker..i dont know the answer to that.
Report 11kv September 17, 2018 9:14 PM BST
Virgin slightly faster
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:15 PM BST
merci.
Report 11kv September 17, 2018 9:16 PM BST

dj Get one of these sets ups and it >>>>>>Premium Portal this way..........................Plain
Report jamesdean September 17, 2018 9:16 PM BST
You log in under the wrong account there dj?  sorry I mean andy? or is it boga/rico Plain
Report 11kv September 17, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Zolaisgod imo
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:18 PM BST
dixiEnormus imo
Report jamesdean September 17, 2018 9:20 PM BST
split personality disorder Sad
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 9:39 PM BST
Andy how much you making these days?Wink
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:49 PM BST
2600 today
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:52 PM BST
track and office are worlds apart,can have decent days at the track,in office imo only way to win consistently is to lay big prices..but you know that Cool
Report 11kv September 17, 2018 9:56 PM BST
Hexham today ?
Report andyl September 17, 2018 9:59 PM BST
affirmative.
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 10:10 PM BST
Requires a skill tho Cool Are you clear from office this month?
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 10:11 PM BST
Wd from hexham seemed a no drama day
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 10:25 PM BST
erm...onlooker i asked a valid question even andyl didnt know! so bollards to you lol.. and wow that betfair set up office looks so cool...it looks like at least 2 man set up. and andyl was you really 2600 up today? thats amazing dude.so in running does pay lol :)
Report andyl September 17, 2018 10:29 PM BST
Are you clear from office this month?

?
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 10:32 PM BST
what you mean clear from the office? i aint in an office lol..you dont know me. im not a regular player on betfair even
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 10:45 PM BST
Banter Laugh Dj that 2600 means nothing if you lose it tomorrow lol WinkWink
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 10:55 PM BST
oh lol im so gullible init. like a lamb in a field of hungry tigers . thats how it will be if i go in running lol.
Report RacingLuck September 17, 2018 11:06 PM BST
Goodnight lol and best of luck lol
Report dj dazzler September 17, 2018 11:22 PM BST
goodnight dude. over and out )
Report dj dazzler September 20, 2018 11:57 AM BST
ok i tried betfair live video yesterday..its good but the square pops up right over betfair so you cant really see whole page..if i got a large screen laptop is there any way i can get betfair on one part with the blv part on the other half of screen? thanks guys.
Report andyl September 20, 2018 12:04 PM BST
you need one click softwear..ie gruss or similar.
Report dj dazzler September 21, 2018 11:46 AM BST
oh i see andyl..so i cant do it using betfair site only if i get gruss?
Report dj dazzler September 23, 2018 11:30 AM BST
so does anybody use betfair live video and mange to fit it in half their laptop screen so the other half you can use betfair site? if so any tips on how i do this please. i dont really like the idea of one click gruss because im used to 2 clicks.i think id prefer to use betfair.
Report the.mad.dog.man September 23, 2018 11:44 AM BST
in handcuffs
Report Andrew in Sweden September 23, 2018 12:30 PM BST
dazzler,

I appreciate you're new to IR (surprisingly) but i can see this ending in tears.

By the way you only need 2 pounds to watch LV. Place a back bet and lay it, free viewing.

Betting IR is not a Golden Goose unless you know how to read a race, i can imagine many have tried and are now scratching around for buttons.

Ask Willie for an invite to his Newcastle box to see how he does it succeessfully, but i'm not guaranteeing he will accept.
Report geoff m September 23, 2018 5:00 PM BST
so does anybody use betfair live video and mange to fit it in half their laptop screen so the other half you can use betfair site? if so any tips on how i do this please. i dont really like the idea of one click gruss because im used to 2 clicks.i think id prefer to use betfair.

dj : split screen/betfair live video/manual bet placement

Your turning up to a gunfight armed with a water pistol.
There maybe quicker routes to the poor house, but the option your looking @ will no doubt get you there quickly.
Report geoff m September 23, 2018 5:07 PM BST
As others have stated get yourself Gruss etc and understand how to use with small stakes and tick offset margin low whilst you get used to it.
if you are a good race reader it will enable you to win more a lot easier.
if your not it will also allow you to lose more easier.
As AIS stated  only a GOlden Goose if you can race read and react quickly on what you see as tothers have seen what you are seeing @ least a second before and already reacted accordingly
Report dj dazzler September 23, 2018 5:44 PM BST
thanks geoff...so is gruss free? is it connected to betfair ? all i want is betfair on one half my laptop and betfair live video on the other lol you would of thought betfair could design that!
Report geoff m September 23, 2018 6:14 PM BST
£6 p.m .
best money you will spend if yer a good race reader.
Why not use a seperate monitor attached to your laptop and have Betfair LV on. With market on your main laptop.
Report andyl September 23, 2018 8:31 PM BST
i cannot be done.
Report dj dazzler September 24, 2018 3:51 PM BST
hey geoff thanks for that dude..its been suggested you can attach a lead and send pics from your laptop to a tv..im not very tecky thats the problem..having seen the blv i liked it just the small window goes across betfair site a bit..i was hoping if i got a big 19 inch laptop that i could fit both on same screen...it seems that cannot be done..annoying.
Report dustybin September 24, 2018 4:20 PM BST
Its not for you is it mush?
Take up knitting.
Report dustybin September 24, 2018 4:29 PM BST
All of these hurdles you are attempting to clamber over (that are really low grade issues) are in effect natural selection.
At some point you just got to ask yourself why you are wasting everyone's time here?

Always amazes me the preconception people outside of IR betting have about making money this way.
They assume they just need to turn up.
Then they end up floating downstream soon enough.
Report Jack Bauer '24' September 24, 2018 4:38 PM BST
Quickest way to the poorhouse if you don't know what you are doing.
Report Andrew in Sweden September 24, 2018 4:41 PM BST
all i want is betfair on one half my laptop and betfair live video on the other

Buy another monitor and link them together.
Report duffy September 24, 2018 4:44 PM BST
or have half and half...easy enough.
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 24, 2018 4:54 PM BST
.. Bob Nudd. !
Report dj dazzler September 24, 2018 4:54 PM BST
duffy i want half and half! iv been asking if thats possible..i dont know how to configure the screen. i wanted to buy a large screen laptop have betfair site on one half with blv on the other..but nobodys telling me how i can do this lol
Report dustybin September 24, 2018 4:58 PM BST
I cant be arsed going through all the thread, but all samsung monitors have the PIP effect that splits two hdmi inputs vertically so one input is the 'video'/transmission etc and the other half is the desktop.
Why youd want that i dont know because it would distort the image
Report Andrew in Sweden September 24, 2018 5:04 PM BST
i wanted to buy a large screen laptop

Just buy another monitor and link it, what's the issue ? I don't see a problem.

We do it at work, CAD program on one screen, the other as a PC for word documents and emails.
Report pablo-fanque September 24, 2018 5:16 PM BST
dj , top right corner next to the red box with the X , click on the square symbol , this allows you to re-size the web page , you resize it by going to the edges of the page and when the arrow changes symbol , left click mouse and drag and re-shape

go here http://multiples.betfair.com/

click live vide , re-size this and put it to the side of the betfair webpage

if i'm in your net , well done Happy
Report Deltâ September 24, 2018 5:18 PM BST
dj , top right corner red box with the X, click on that

it aint for you this malarkey

hth
Report pablo-fanque September 24, 2018 5:19 PM BST
tbf delta, he has managed to log in to betfair , there is hope yet
Report Deltâ September 24, 2018 5:20 PM BST
Dom managed that ..
Report pablo-fanque September 24, 2018 5:26 PM BST
yeah i suppose so .

Grin
Report dj dazzler September 24, 2018 5:26 PM BST
ah thanks guys..i know i seem simple but i did say im useless with tecky stuff lol...i could use this for betfair live video i guess and a new laptop for betfair site..i just tjought on one screen it might be better..i will try pablos idea.. and also dustybin idea of gettin a samsung...thats intresting..but i wouldnt want the distortion obviously..but i really appreciate the tips guys )
Report duffy September 24, 2018 5:51 PM BST
file:///C:/Users/julie/Desktop/gruss.PNG
Report Jack Bauer '24' September 24, 2018 5:59 PM BST
That's the address of a file on your computer. You have to upload it on here or to a photo image site for the rest of us to see it.
Report duffy September 24, 2018 6:00 PM BST
That's me fooked thenLaugh
Report Jack Bauer '24' September 24, 2018 6:04 PM BST
Laugh
Report ProSniper September 24, 2018 6:10 PM BST
duffy, computer course >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bf trading/anything tecky
Report dj dazzler September 24, 2018 6:24 PM BST
anything tecky goes right over my head...(
Report dj dazzler September 24, 2018 6:27 PM BST
when my mates dad fitted my first computer in my flat back in 2003.. i spent the whole first day trying to turn the desk top on using my mouse...when he got home from work he came round and pushed  in the on-off button for me lol..then gave me a pityfull look as if to say...you really are simple aint ya.. lol  :)
Report ProSniper September 24, 2018 6:33 PM BST
dazzy, that's what a computer course is designed to do, stop tecky stuff from "going over your head" There's no shame in not knowing something. There's shame in remaining ignorant to anything that peaks your interest.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now