Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
10 Aug 18 00:23
| Topic/replies: 12,447 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
i was thinking that they should,just in case they are taking performance enhancement drugs in between races.
some times i think some of them   must be be taking something in between races,one race they never move a muscle and finish last and the next race they are all elbows and whips and bouncing up and down in the saddle,the same jockey can look like a different rider in about half an hour giving the impression that he took a booster pill in between races.
or maybe i have it all wrong and some horses need to be ridden gently and other horses need to driven ,wacked,pushed and shoved ,kicked in the belly,and smacked ,and bounced up and down,and whipped .
and a lot of the time the horses that are ridden gently usually are favourites to win the races,has anyone noticed this.?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View do jockeys have to give urine samples...
Show More
Report womenandthosewithnointerestinracing August 10, 2018 12:27 AM BST
still here then?
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 12:29 AM BST
and a lot of horses that are favourite are slow leaving the stalls ,i suppose this is because the jockey on the fav is all nerves because their is a lot of money on him to win and the nerves make him miss the kick.
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 12:34 AM BST
i had a chat on the phone with them tonight,at the moment i am still on death row but an appeal has being lodged and they are phoning me back tomorrow,and i have a chance of getting the replacement card registered.THE guy i was talking to tonight was nice and friendly and listened to me.so heres hoping for a good result tomorrow.
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 12:58 AM BST
i think i have PADDY POWER backing me,because i got a letter from betfair a year ago telling me i could now lodge money into my betfair account throught a paddy power shop.
so this was great for me and i done it on a regular basis.lucky for me i went to the paddy shop every time ,and the staff know me well and also have my identifacation and all the stuff wanted.but the lodgements into my betfair account went in under a reference number and i guess it confused someone somewhere in betfair accounts that started a chain reaction to laundering money.so if you pardon the pun PADDY has the Power to sort all out for me,and he can verify my visa card .i offered to show my new card to PADDY to confirm i am who i say i am and live at the same address for the last 40 years with one bank account one card and one account with betfair.
and as i say i am well known.and was a good customer of paddy in my bookie days .
Report Oldgit1 August 10, 2018 9:46 AM BST
Could you pee every half hour ? Many of them have limited their liquid intake or taken a diuretic to get their weight down.
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 12:44 PM BST
i agree oldgit,but what is to stop a jockey taking a few steroids to give him more strength and give him an advantage over other jockeys,who checks to see if this happens.?
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 12:58 PM BST
all sports have banned substances in sport,my question is who checks for banned substances in jockey's bodies.it is not difficult to ask a jockey to give a routine sample when he arrives at the track,or perhaps after racing just to make sure all is clear.
but i have never heard of a jockey been banned for using performance enhancing drugs ,am i to believe that horse racing is the cleanest sport in the world when it comes to performance enhancing drugs.
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 1:07 PM BST
or is it possible that the horse racing board has turned a blind to this subject for many years and this betfair thread is about to take the lid of a can of worms?
opening the pandora box of horse racing?
Report Blackrock August 10, 2018 1:26 PM BST
Think one or two jocks from the past would be providing a specimen of pure whiskey pre racing.
Report domino14 August 10, 2018 1:32 PM BST
@Brassneck

Jockeys are routinely checked and every meeting has a list of riders.

Given Steroids would stay in the bloodstream for 3/4 weeks, so if you were using steroids you would get found out.

Every meeting has 4/5 jockeys who are breathalysed and sample taken each day and the riders are chosen randomly.

You will likely be on the list once a month.

If you skip a test, you will be required to give a sample the next day you ride.

What you are suggesting regarding between races would be pointless and impossible, especially for the cost involved, and it takes 14-17 days for results of samples anyway.
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 1:33 PM BST
it would be unfair to think that two jockey's are going head to head to the finish line and one of the the jockey's is pumped with steroids while the other is a tiny frail female jockey of clean living.Grin
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 1:39 PM BST
thanks domino that clears it up,so i can rest assured that the tests do take place and horse racing is the cleanest sport when it comes to drugs.
three cheers for the sport of kings that is honest and fair .AND WE CAN ALL SAY THE CLEANEST SPORT OF THEM ALL.
Well done to the horse racing board and all involved.
Report domino14 August 10, 2018 1:40 PM BST
It doesn't happen and any riders taking any sort of drugs these days are soon weeded out. Any form of drugs stays in the bloodstream fora period of time. Also when you're riding race to race, you have next to no time between races, a few mins if lucky !
Report brassneck August 10, 2018 1:51 PM BST
its good to know that routine checks  do take place,because its rare to hear of a jockey banned for using drugs.
Report domino14 August 10, 2018 1:57 PM BST
Because they don't take them Brassneck, The likes of Dettori and Fallon who did and a few overs who chose to retire before bans were announced, have all been caught.
Report womenandthosewithnointerestinracing August 10, 2018 3:21 PM BST
Any ex-jocks still on the roids, getting all aggro behind their keyboards?
Report Oldgit1 August 10, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Perhaps another thing that should be declared would be 'time of month' for female riders.Often trainers remark that a losing filly had come into season just before the race.
Report ima_mazed66 August 10, 2018 9:58 PM BST
I think most on here think jockeys only take the piss and not give it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now