Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
geoff m
03 Aug 18 18:02
| Topic/replies: 12,339 | Blogger: geoff m's blog
shocker
Share |
Show More
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 6:04 PM BST
Explain ?

Horse was hard off the bridle the whole way, around a very sharp 5f with a suicidal gallop, horse clearly wants 6f. When a horse is never going a yard and is pushed from the moment it jumps out the stalls, what do you exactly expect a jockey to do ? What has Georgia done wrong, please enlighten me ?
Report De_man August 3, 2018 6:05 PM BST
Useless .....
Report MJK August 3, 2018 6:06 PM BST
Backed it last time so watched it with interest. She obviously decided to drop it in from a wide draw but should have scratched that after there was trouble inside and she had ample opportunity to go forward and be closer. Having said that a Haggas shortie beaten is never a shock.
Report fredlyn August 3, 2018 6:06 PM BST
nothing to do with 6 furlongs - although obviously would have won over 6
left it too late -  if the horse can close like that
ask it to close a little sooner
Report De_man August 3, 2018 6:09 PM BST
Was all over the shop last furlong too dreadful ride
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 6:10 PM BST
@Fredlyn

Answer me a simple question

How can she have left it too late, she was pushing the horse after 100 metres !!! the horse was flat out in last hard off the bridle coming round the home bend !!!

The horse found 5f too sharp at Haydock and Ascot running on strongly at the finish, and only won at Sandown, getting up late on over a stiff 5f.

Wolverhampton is 5f around a bend where they go flat out !!! The horse was going nowhere from the moment it jumped out stalls and Georgia was pushing it after 100 yards.

What else could she have done.

Ask it to close a little sooner ? It was flat out hard off the bridle after 100 metres and she had to come wide round the home bend to keep it moving forwards !
Report fredlyn August 3, 2018 6:14 PM BST
accept race was lost in first furlong or the start even
but still think response in last 200 yards -
undoes your theory that horse could not or would not respond -
Report MJK August 3, 2018 6:16 PM BST
Domino she clearly took a pull outve the stalls so she wasn't flat out all the way.
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 6:19 PM BST
The horse jumped awkwardly, she did not take a pull, and from stall 7 when you don't break like lightning you don't want to be 5 deep throughout.

She done nothing wrong. Poor placing by the trainer, but he wanted to run it before it went up in the handicap tomorrow for it's Ascot effort, whilst it could run off previous mark.

People who want to blame Georgia can, but they are clueless who know zero about race riding. She didn't give it a bad ride at all. If anything she was a bit of a lamb to the slaughter, no jockey would have won on that tonight. It needs further and James Doyle even got off it last time and said it needs 6f.
Report cardenden August 3, 2018 6:22 PM BST
correct domino
Report Barton Bank August 3, 2018 6:23 PM BST
I agree with most of the above Domino. To say no jockey could have won on a horse beaten less than a length is a bold call but it wasn't her fault the horse got so far back. Also think the kickback at Wolves has been quite bad lately.
Report MJK August 3, 2018 8:11 PM BST

Aug 3, 2018 -- 6:06PM, MJK wrote:

Backed it last time so watched it with interest. She obviously decided to drop it in from a wide draw but should have scratched that after there was trouble inside and she had ample opportunity to go forward and be closer. Having said that a Haggas shortie beaten is never a shock.

Yet another Haggas odds on beaten. Must have the worst record of any trainer ever with shorties.

Report nineteen points August 3, 2018 8:17 PM BST
just out of interest.does haggis make these horses odds on or the squeaky clean bookies?
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 8:41 PM BST
domino she f..ked the start up then started pushing after a furlong no urgency then realised she f..cked up starting pushing.  Then the worst crime of all closing rapidly in home straight and gave the horse two flicks and never even attempted to win. Women jockeys can get the best out of some horses but I've got a feeling a certain Luke Morris would have got that horse home.
Report greggyg August 3, 2018 8:44 PM BST
likes cox
Report greggyg August 3, 2018 8:45 PM BST
mr and mrs cox i mean
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 8:52 PM BST
@Dave

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Horse was badly outpaced, you could have hit it 20 times, wouldn't have gone any faster, Luke Morris would not have won on it. The same way James Doyle couldn't win on it over 5f on a stiffer track last week and got off her and said she needed 6f.
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 9:05 PM BST
But she didn't hit it nowhere near the maximum hence the assumption a strong Luke Morris would have won. If she had used the whip to full effect and got beaten a head then the backers would have been pi..ed off still but at least they would have known she had tried to win the race. Watch the strIaight again think you will get my point. Btw I didn't have a bet. Watch Luke Morris on some of sir marks lazy horses he never stops pushing and using the whip to maximum effect. When we bet we expect value for money not I'm not going to win so will drop hands and finish fourth. It's about time we started issuing bans for lack of effort. The amount of horses I've backed for a place that have  lost due to crap can't be arsed jockeys would fill a dictionary . Jockeys like the legend AP MCCOY will never be seen again unfortunately.
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 9:12 PM BST
Jesus !!! There's a difference in a lazy horse and a horse that is flat out!!!!!

The whip makes pretty much no difference to a horse, a lazy horse it will keep them concentrating, but it doesn't make horses run faster. Ina  driving finish you are actually better off head down drilling one and, then flapping and hitting. Too many punters are so naive to think the stick works wonders, it really doesn't.

Georgia's horse was flat to the boards, she could have hit it 10 times, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Anyone who has race ridden will tell you that.

A horse that is lazy may pick up for encouragement as it's not exerting itself, a horse that is flat out, will not find a change of gear just because you smack it with an air cushioned whip. Also the whips nowadays have no impact, I could grab one of my old flat sticks and as you to strike me as hard as you could with it, it may sting, but it wont hurt me and it wouldn't make me thrust forward, the sticks in the 90s, now they made a horse pick up when you gave them one, the sticks used nowadays will do nothing, but anyone who has race ridden will tell you, you are better off hands and heels keeping a horse going forward and balanced than, whipping it to your hearts intent, Morris style ....
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 9:34 PM BST
Don't go away loving the banter you making some good points back soon lol
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 10:16 PM BST
I definitely agree the whip was more effective before the new ones came in but you sound more interested in animal welfare than punters getting value you for money with the way jockeys ride nowadays. The whip is still a valuable tool for a jockey and it does work. Even if it only makes a lazy horse concentrate that's better than giving up and saving oh well. We put our hard earned on these horses and it's despicable that jockeys don't appreciate that. We deserve the horse to be ridden on its merits as the rules state not jockeys deciding if they want to be bothered. If jockeys rode to the guidelines and lost then we can't complain but when they coast home in a cant be arsed 5th we are been robbed. Buick probert Crowley all strong when  it's for a win but when it's a place you watch how many times they fail to ride the horse out. Watch Crowley in the 2 yo race at Nottingham 2.45 yesterday should have got 10 days the **** ferking disgrace. I don't want to see horses beaten for the sake of it no one does just expect to see the jockey put maximum effort in. Morris would have won on it because even if the start had gone wrong he would have done what he always does and use maximum strength to get the horse closer and that half a length he would have gained would have got the horse in the race earlier. Cox can be forgiven for thinking it had no chance entering the straight as it was so far behind unfortunately she looked a **** as it was in front just after the line. If the whip doesn't make a difference why did she use it at all? If she had used it earlier I think even she would have won. Morris would have used it four five times before the bend. Your loyalty is respected but she **** up end of.
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 10:19 PM BST
I respect your opinion, but we'll agree to disagree. You could have put a bomb up Island Of Life's rear today, it wouldn't have gone a stride quicker. Also hitting fillies repeatedly makes them curl up, if you think Morris would have won on it, you're sadly mistaken, but entitled to your opinion.
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Respect your opinion too mate most definitely. Take Morris on a sir mark hotty all day long even at short odds. The one thing you will never say about Luke is he didn't try and that's all I can ask of my jockey.
Report doantwin2easy August 3, 2018 10:37 PM BST
Anyone looking to back this at the prevailing odds in the morning, must have had the fear of god struck into them.

Drawn 7 of 7 over 5f they run half a furlong further if they can't get in.

And the filly had shown she's happy to have a kip in the gates.
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 10:48 PM BST
That's a slight exageration mate it may cost a few lengths but we are then accusing the trainer of been a muppet if he didn't think it could win. My argument Is the jockey could have made more effort from the start and got the horse closer thus giving it a better chance and could definitely have made more effort turning in. I thought the idea of horse racing was to win or gain the best position possible!!!! I realise every race doesn't work out to plan and some horses need holding up etc but when the jockey doesn't use the most effort possible to win they are breaking the rules. Time and again we see I'm not going to win will coast home in 5th or 6th. What about each way place forecast tricast punters or are they there to have the piss took out of them. If u pay a bricky to do a wall you don't expect the **** to be wonky so why should you get a **** ride when you back the horse?
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 10:48 PM BST
That's a slight exageration mate it may cost a few lengths but we are then accusing the trainer of been a muppet if he didn't think it could win. My argument Is the jockey could have made more effort from the start and got the horse closer thus giving it a better chance and could definitely have made more effort turning in. I thought the idea of horse racing was to win or gain the best position possible!!!! I realise every race doesn't work out to plan and some horses need holding up etc but when the jockey doesn't use the most effort possible to win they are breaking the rules. Time and again we see I'm not going to win will coast home in 5th or 6th. What about each way place forecast tricast punters or are they there to have the piss took out of them. If u pay a bricky to do a wall you don't expect the **** to be wonky so why should you get a **** ride when you back the horse?
Report domino14 August 3, 2018 10:54 PM BST
@Davethehat

The problem is you seem to be missing the main point ! THE HORSE WAS FLAT TO THE BOARDS FROM THE MOMENT SHE JUMPED OUT TO THE LINE, SHE COULDN'T GO ANY QUICKER IF HER RIDER GAVE HER 40 SMACKS, THE PROBLEM IS YOU VIEW RACES AS A PUNTER AND SEEM TO THINK HORSES ARE MACHINES.

If you race against me, and say you can do 100 metres in 11 seconds but 200m in 23 seconds, but I can do 100m metres in 9.8 seconds but 200 metres in 24 seconds, then every time you race me over 100m you will never be able to get to me, no matter how many times someone hits you with a stick.

The filly was racing as it was the only race for her, before her mark went up tomorrow for her Ascot effort. However she was in a race where NOTHING was ideal for her, and the horse was flat out from start to finish and there is NOTHING the rider could do to change that. She was riding a horse who simply is not quick enough for 5f, especially on the all weather and around a bend on a sharp track.

You seem to think that whipping the horse gives you a better chance of winning, this is where your lack of experience in race riding and knowing race horses shows, and is very much the punters view point.

If you give me 10 normal horses and ask me to race them over 5f with and without a whip, there will be minimal difference  between the finishing times and actually I would expect those without a stick to come out on top.
Report MJK August 3, 2018 11:16 PM BST
She is clearly taking a pull for for the first half furlong, she's not flat to the boards from the stalls. The leader and Captain Lars have cut off the rest of the field, she could have followed on the outside, then cut in. But she's obviously sticking to the plan of cutting in behind from the outside draw straight after the break. She has just stuck to the plan instead of improvising when the opportunity arose.
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 11:18 PM BST
Yeah but your still playing the animal welfare officer lmao. And we are talking about horses not humans last time I looked we don't use whips on humans to run faster lol or is that your fantasy. I thinking you have a cox crush lol. I think your wrong at he start she does **** it up but that's not totally her fault but if you look at the first furlong she's not really going for it. As for the last furlong n half whilst I respect your view that the whip been used wouldn't have made a difference but don't agree btw it would have been more punter friendly to see it been used more then at least the punter whom you seem to think us irrelevant btw could at least feel he had got value for money. Not only the punter but the owners etc. Not sure if you are actually a punter or maybe just lack the ability to give a bad view on a person doin their job. I think it's a bit like a footballer missing a penalty you expect him to score and when he doesn't I think he deserves a bit of sh.t don't you? As for the 10 horses running with or without whips that's pointless because rarely do horses repeat their form race after race. All we expect as punters is that jockeys are seen to be doing their best either with or without use of the whip. Wether or not I ride horses is irrelevant they are employed to WIN and I've been watching horse racing for 40 years and have seen thousands more horses win by use of the whip than not. A certain AP MCCOY road over 4000 and I'd say he achieved that by using the whip much more than the muppets riding nowadays or did I imagine him? Look at some of his replays and tell me the whip made no difference.
Report davethehat August 3, 2018 11:20 PM BST
Like your view mjk. At least someone noticed lack of effort from start lol. A bit more urgency would have got her there sooner hence better chance of winning
Report G Hall August 4, 2018 12:44 AM BST
The best horse didn't win the race,she made a tactical mistake. It is very very annoying but what can one do,this is why it is called gambling I suppose.
Report big aitch August 4, 2018 12:47 AM BST
you must have made a fortune laying it Domino
Report davethehat August 4, 2018 12:48 AM BST
Cool post g hall. That's at least half way there lol. I just don't understand why guys are so keen to protect jockeys who **** up. It's like on the racing channels it's very rare any of the pundits slag a jockey off. Now look at football different story lol. I think a bad ride is like missing a pen and look at the grief a player gets for missing one lol.
Report davethehat August 4, 2018 12:51 AM BST
Lmao big aitch best laugh is I didn't have a bet but would have been mad as f..k if I had . Like Crowley in 2.45 nott yesterday he cocked up big time dropped his hands let other horse get back up.
Report domino14 August 4, 2018 6:09 AM BST
@BIg Aitch

Why ? I actually backed the horse and had a sizeable bet on it. But Georgia done absolutely nothing wrong. I'm not a pocket punter, like some on here.
Report MJK August 4, 2018 1:15 PM BST

Aug 3, 2018 -- 8:17PM, nineteen points wrote:

just out of interest.does haggis make these horses odds on or the squeaky clean bookies?

Yet ANOTHER Haggas odds on beat. I suppose those damned bookies have made it odds on on purpose.

Report handtorofe August 4, 2018 1:17 PM BST
Domino you said nothing was ideal about the race for the horse yet you have a sizeable bet on it a real mug statement
Report Deltâ August 4, 2018 1:26 PM BST
dont think it was poor placing by the trainer neither, handicap mark contained
Report MJK August 8, 2018 3:59 PM BST
Yet another turned over, but as usual nothing to see here. He's either filth or awful at placing them.
Report duffy August 8, 2018 4:29 PM BST
Have to say just watched the Island of Life race.....have to agree with domino on this one, I can't even see where the debate is......taken off its feet, she was riding it from early on, it didn't handle the bend at the 3 pole, wanted to lug out to its right, and stayed on when the pace collapsed late on.
Report womenandthosewithnointerestinracing August 8, 2018 11:20 PM BST
Declared at 5f again, 7.30 Chelmsford Friday. Doyle back on.
Report davethehat August 8, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Duffy your a smeghead too. She starts riding after a furlong and if she had used whip 4 or 5 times approaching home turn would have least
Looked like she had made an effort instead a couple of flicks and oh dear I'm getting a bit close at furlong pole. To be fair the horse dropped her in the s.it by making up the ground due to its ability it had no assistance from the jockey. If it had been beaten 3 lengths would have been more acceptable but was beaten half a length without ever been ridden furiously. Let's be far furiously is the least we should expect from a jockey otherwise why do the rules state horse should be ridden to obtain best possible
Position not I got a bad start will just cost home or oh dear not going to win so ,won't bother to get third etc etc.  The amount of jockeys not riding to the rules is diabolical. Use the whip at least the amount allowed then maybe punters wouldn't be so ferkin pis..d off. It's not rocket science is it
Report doantwin2easy August 9, 2018 12:23 AM BST
Quite scary how some of you don't get this game. Remember, it's Bill and Maureens' go-to jockey, from the plum stall, in a valuable race.

It's a clear lugger and probably wants to go right handed or saw the car park and fancied going home early.
Report davethehat August 9, 2018 12:55 AM BST
Not scary at all don'twin all we expect is value for money. If you buy a McDonald's burger you don't expect the ferker to be frozen like her ride . Not too much to expect. Ride the ferkin horse use the whip show the punters your actually trying to win or win a place. There are examples of not riding for a place in every other race nowadays it's a ferkin disgrace about ti me the stewards started banning lack of effort then will sort the men from the boys . I've been betting got 40 years and in all that time I've always been under the illusion that a jockey is suppose to ride the ferkin horse not just sit on it like a ferkin muppet. Or maybe that should be disillusioned pmsl
Report doantwin2easy August 9, 2018 1:42 AM BST
dave, totally agree about not riding out but in this case...

The filly jumped awkwardly and has run three wide at every bend and worse - been pushed wide into most of them. The jockey is pumping at the first two bends in all fairness. She's run at least half a furlong further than some of them.

Relatively lightly raced and inexperienced filly cos she didn't run as a 2yo, and a Dubawi, so likely (in theory) she ain't a sprinter. She'll make a mockery of 79 in time. You just gotta chalk this one up I think....
Report davethehat August 9, 2018 9:12 AM BST
Take your points don'twin and for me it's more about the fact she didn't appear to be trying to maximum affect especially from home bend. If she had been beat a head using whip a bit more and looking like she wanted to win then I think the punters would have felt she had tried her best. For me it's harder to accept any result when you think the jockey has let you down because you know it shouldn't have happened. I do agree in this case that the events went against her but we see results like this everyday and especially on places when jockeys are even more guilty of not riding out. I do place trebles and when the third one gets mugged for fourth it's shall we say tempting to go and find out where they live lmao. Only joking you know what I mean.
Report MJK August 14, 2018 5:16 PM BST

Aug 8, 2018 -- 3:59PM, MJK wrote:

Yet another turned over, but as usual nothing to see here. He's either filth or awful at placing them.

And so it continues...

Report MJK August 17, 2018 3:19 PM BST
She doesn't like those Wolves stalls does she Laugh
Report domino14 August 17, 2018 3:21 PM BST
Again the poor lass getting picked on for something not her fault at all, horse very quirky and one paced, never looked like beating winner and had every chance at top of the straight.
Report MJK August 17, 2018 3:28 PM BST
Picked on? Talking about her penchant for missing the break. Every chance? Yeah, after having to make up the ground she list the horse was done? Or perhaps it went lame 3f out? What do you think?
Report domino14 August 17, 2018 3:30 PM BST
Horse didn't exactly miss the break, it was slow into stride, it travelled easily the race and was closer to the winner at the top of the straight than it was at the line.
Report MJK August 17, 2018 3:37 PM BST
Specsavers Cool
Report MJK August 27, 2018 5:20 PM BST

Aug 14, 2018 -- 5:16PM, MJK wrote:

Aug  8, 2018 --  3:59PM, MJK wrote:Yet another turned over, but as usual nothing to see here. He's either filth or awful at placing them.And so it continues...

Gone beyond a joke now with Haggas and odds ons getting beat.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now