Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
07 Jul 18 11:03
| Topic/replies: 11,449 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
passed away aged 78.Sad
Share |
Show More
Report sageform July 7, 2018 11:11 AM BST
Sad news. The oldies will remember the likes of Shirley Heights, Salsabil among many others.
Report GEORGE.B July 7, 2018 11:12 AM BST
I noticed he was down as joint owner of the well bred debutant Venedegar, who ran yesterday in the 3.00 Sandown, carrying the Windfower Overseas colours.

RIP
Report ged July 7, 2018 11:18 AM BST
This oldie remembers when he was a trainer in his 20s with horses like Burglar, Great Bear and Little Bear.
Report the dealer July 7, 2018 11:20 AM BST
r.i.p he had some top class animals in his time, Fingals Cave one of my favourite horses
Report ged July 7, 2018 11:22 AM BST
(and Edward Bear, who wasn't as good, who I saw run at Windsor one time).
Report ashleigh July 7, 2018 11:22 AM BST
best horses, crcus plume,erhaab,habibti,invincible spirit,marju.milenary,quick as lightning,salsabil,shadayid,shirley heights,silver patriach.

backed many of the years.Happy

all started for the maktoum family with hatta there first winner at brighton in 1977.
Report sageform July 7, 2018 11:23 AM BST
I remember the names ged, but Shirley Heights really put him up at the top table.
Report ashleigh July 7, 2018 11:23 AM BST
over.
Report Vubiant July 7, 2018 11:24 AM BST
I seem to remember he had an early classic success with Black Satin.Did he also train One In A Million ?
Report asparagus July 7, 2018 11:27 AM BST
Plenty of other very good ones not mentioned above. Bahri winning the QE2 was a particular favourite of mine. Elnadim, Mujahid, Lahib also.

More importantly as well as a great trainer he was an absolute gentleman in the same mould as Sir Henry. Legend.
Report posy July 7, 2018 11:28 AM BST
No Cecil trained her
Report Cork Langer July 7, 2018 11:29 AM BST
RIP, very much old school, lucky enough to have had some very decent horses and unfortunate to be training at the same time as some legends, otherwise he would have had more than the solitary Trainers Championship he gained
Report posy July 7, 2018 11:33 AM BST
asparagus not really in the same mould as Cecil...his departure from the training ranks involved a voluntary liquidation which left a load of small businesses out of pocket and statutory redundancy to his staff.
Report sparrow July 7, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Sad news and I remember him in his earlier days being very good at getting his stayers well handicapped after 3 runs.
Report sageform July 7, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Just looking at the 2000 Horses in Training when JD had 180 in training. They included Millenary, Invincible Spirit, Mujahid and Sakhee. Significantly though, only Olden Times from the list of 2yo's rings any bells with me. The beginning of the decline?
Report asparagus July 7, 2018 11:37 AM BST
Posy, fair enough, i'm sure you know those details better than me. On racing UK they suggested he remained loyal to his staff for too long rather than letting them down.
Report sageform July 7, 2018 11:39 AM BST
He was probably better at training horses than running a business.
Report SPOT THE DOG July 7, 2018 11:44 AM BST
Daniel with Jon Ware on at Goodwood, Hutchinson on the Fav i think, Hutch made most for Daniel to swoop inside the forlong pole.
Report onlooker July 7, 2018 11:44 AM BST
John Dunlop  entered training at the top table by being, effectively, Private Trainer to the Duke of Norfolk - the then Royal Ascot representative for The Queen.

Dunlop having been Assistant Trainer to Gordon Smyth (for not that long a period of time) and Gordon Smyth having been trainer of the Duke of Norfolk's horses at the Duke's stables on the Arundel Estate.

'Off to a flyer' could be an appropriate observation.

Just like his contemporary Dick Hern - Leaving aside Classic races (which are always the standard citation in these circumstance)  - what proper punters will remember them both for was just how reliable they both were when they ran a horse in a 2-y-old Nursery Handicap, and 3-y-old Handicaps.
Coincidentally, often ridden, for both trainers, by Willie Carson.

Lump on - and then some more.
Report mrcombustible July 7, 2018 11:45 AM BST
Posy is correct. Post 11.33
Report spyker July 7, 2018 11:46 AM BST
I wander if his old stable staff will have a whip-round to pay for the funeral?
Report SPOT THE DOG July 7, 2018 11:51 AM BST
He gave me £20 3 years ago, for a Christmas tip, for delivering his daily Racing Post and the Times.
Report portmanpark July 7, 2018 12:01 PM BST
very sad RIP
Report lead on July 7, 2018 12:02 PM BST
Really sorry to read this.Always one of my favourite trainers and had that knack of steadily improving horses...personal favourites for having followed and backed them ...Sea Chimes,Moon Madness,Castle Keep,Seymour Hicks,Beau Reef,Posse...the list is endless.Would have been his birthday next week
Report GHOSTOFALEXBIRD July 7, 2018 12:15 PM BST
RIP

A true gentleman
Report Vubiant July 7, 2018 12:33 PM BST
Thanks to posy for correction e One In A Million. I was thinking of Quick As Lightning who won the year after !
Must try to google more before I post. Plain
Report acey deucy July 7, 2018 12:37 PM BST
Sad News he was a True Gentleman.....Shame it ended like it did with a lot of disgruntled employees.
Report themightymac July 7, 2018 12:59 PM BST
Very sad to hear this, a true racing legend. Coincidence this happens on Eclipse day as Scottish Rifle`s victory in 73 was probably his first big win. RIP
Report impossible123 July 7, 2018 1:01 PM BST
Sad news. J Dunlop was a very good trainer. RIP.
Report SlippyBlue July 7, 2018 1:05 PM BST
That is extremely sad news to read of his passing, he was a very fine trainer and trained my all time favourite horse Salsabil. R.I.P.
Report themightymac July 7, 2018 1:12 PM BST

Shirley Heights, A memorable and first Derby winner for Mr Dunlop. RIP
Report Oldgit1 July 7, 2018 1:15 PM BST
We used to go to his open days at Castle Stables and saw some of his decent horses. His staff were always very open with their answers to questions.

We met him and his wife once at the The racing museum at when we were in Newmarket for the Craven meeting one year. We were about the only ones there. He helped my wife with a racing puzzle she was doing while his wife and I talked about Lester in his Hurdle racing days.
He was fortunate to survive when his aortic aneurysm burst and they got him to hospital and a surgeon was available. Hope I'm as fortunate if mine ever bursts.
Report big aitch July 7, 2018 1:23 PM BST
He was a Gentleman, trained Belper the one eyed horse, Spot The Dog, do you live in Arundel?
Report pumphol. July 7, 2018 1:25 PM BST
Think asparagus was asserting to being a gentleman in the same mould as Sir Henry rather than his training achievements,as for the voluntary liquidation that doesn't necessarily make someone less of a decent person I would have thought.
Report jamilla14 July 7, 2018 1:26 PM BST
Went bankrupt with debts approaching £1.4 million leaving a load of creditors high and dry, yet still managed to live the high life to the end.RIP.
Report Johnny_Mustang July 7, 2018 1:26 PM BST
I spend a lot of time in Arundel Big Aitch, mostly at the Black Rabbit.
Report isleham July 7, 2018 1:30 PM BST
saw the mighty salsabil at a stable open day..great stuff
Report Movewiththetimes July 7, 2018 1:42 PM BST
RIP top trainer
Report Greg_Gory July 7, 2018 1:57 PM BST
R.I.P Sad
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 7, 2018 2:00 PM BST
Belper sprang to mind for me as well big aitch, RIP.
Report loper July 7, 2018 2:03 PM BST
He was the first (in modern times) to exploit the so called loophole of running his middle distance horses over sprint distances 3 times as 2yos to get them h'capped for their 3yo careers.
Report dunlaying July 7, 2018 2:45 PM BST
Very sad news .
Report Oldgit1 July 7, 2018 3:38 PM BST
I think that latterly he did not give his horses the same time to mature as he needed winners to help his cash flow.
Report stewarty b July 7, 2018 3:58 PM BST
Sad news but from a punting point of view did he like a bet? Anyways can anyone remember one Saturday when he had a few runners at a 'lesser' meeting and won with four of them and the acca payed 5000-8000/1 If I remember correctly. I'm sure it was between those two figures as he had two maiden winners at 40's and maybe 25's in the four? The biggest clue I can give is that all four were ridden my Ian Mognam.
Report Oldgit1 July 7, 2018 4:01 PM BST
I was surprised that he was only 78 as I always thought he looked older than me.
Report portmanpark July 7, 2018 4:06 PM BST
Did belper win at brighton.
Report blackbarn July 7, 2018 4:14 PM BST
Yes, won at Brighton in 1974 before going on to win todays Old Newton Cup at Haydock.
Report blackbarn July 7, 2018 4:18 PM BST
Won six times at Brighton in total. Wink
Report stewarty b July 7, 2018 4:40 PM BST
blackbarn, that prize pr1ck is taking the p1ss out of you. A sleekik hunt of the highest order. Think of it this way, how did he know about Belper?

A pure parasite and nothing else.
Report blackbarn July 7, 2018 4:51 PM BST
I know sb, been there before with him.  Best way is to play a straight bat with the facts imo. At the very worst, others might find it interesting
Report Movewiththetimes July 7, 2018 4:56 PM BST
Apt winner 4-50 beverley Cool
Report SPOT THE DOG July 7, 2018 5:32 PM BST
big aitch

yes, i was born in Arundel, and have lived back here for 34 years
Report SPOT THE DOG July 7, 2018 6:20 PM BST
Mr Dunlop was one of the first to patronize Cagnes-Sur-Mer, to get them ready for the flat here.

RIP
Report themightymac July 7, 2018 6:47 PM BST
blackbarn - I remember back in the early 80s (I think) - I was at Ayr and won a small fortune on one of Mr Dunlop`s named Northleach (not sure about spelling) which won 1st or 2nd race at decent odds. Do you know who owned it? I think it was check colours possibly yellow and something? Was a prominent owner at the time but the name escapes me.
Report big aitch July 7, 2018 6:50 PM BST
STD, we love Arundel, members of the Wildlife and Wetland so go there and sometimes Swanbourne Lake.

Johnny, The Black Rabbit is very popular, I don't go to pubs very often, last time I went there it was heaving. Always remember back in the 80's we had a new 2.8 Capri, I put an Alarm on it and we went there, all the Herberts were coming out and getting in their XR3i's while I was trying to start ours as the immobiliser was faulty on the alarm and I had to rewire it to get it going, very embarrassing.
Report Cork Langer July 7, 2018 7:05 PM BST
Not sure about a 4 timer ridden by Ian Mongan, Dunlop had a 5 timer where Mongan rode 3 of them with Willie Supple and Mick Kinane chipping in with one each, it was the year RA was run at York, the date 16th June 2005, the cumulative odds were a mere 295,595/1, the individual winners were

Thakafaat 22/1 Supple in the Ribblesdale
Jedburgh 8/1 Kinane in the Buckingham Palace
Layazaal 16/1 Mongan in a Newbury maiden
Goodwood Spirit 20/1 Mongan in a Newbury handicap
Tawqeet 3/1fav Mongan in a Newbury handicap

Dunlop had two runners in Layazaal's race, the "big loser" of the day was Grey Plover 7/2, in a later maiden that stopped at least one fellows Lucky 63 coming up...!
Report Gerald the Show Pony July 7, 2018 7:50 PM BST
I was only mentioning last week that I was amazed that I took (then my young) son to an open day at John Dunlop's stable and we went into Silver Patriarch's box and I am sure that this was just before his near miss in the Derby. Mr Dunlop seemed an old school sort of trainer but someone who could welcome mere punters such as myself with good grace. RIP.
Report lead on July 7, 2018 8:17 PM BST
Bunker Hunt colours,mightymac?
Report themightymac July 7, 2018 10:55 PM BST
No it definitely wasn`t Bunker Hunt colours of Dahlia fame. A woman I think, possibly a Belgian?
Report onlooker July 7, 2018 11:13 PM BST
themightymac -     Saturday  July 21st 1979

Ayr - First race  7 furlong Handicap

Northleach was a 4-yr-old - Won at 7/2 FAV from 9/2

Owned by - Mrs M Lequime  -  Her Colours not registered in England, apparently
Report themightymac July 7, 2018 11:19 PM BST
That is her onlooker, brilliant stuff mate. I`m sure her colours were checks, yellow and ???? but I may be wrong. Do you know which horse won second race please? I remember betting first two winners and was up about a grand, a small fortune back then, and didn`t have another bet. Any stats on Northleach`s career? I seem to recall it won a few races that year. 1979 wow.
Report ged July 7, 2018 11:30 PM BST
She owned North Stoke as well. I think the colours were green and white check, white sleeves, green cap.
Report onlooker July 8, 2018 12:02 AM BST
themightymac -  The second race was Won by - Warmington 11/2 3rd fav - 5 ran
Ridden by - A 'Tony' Kimberley - Trained by Jeremy Hindley
-----------

NORTHLEACH - Won 7 times from 14 outings in 1979

First win was at Beverley on April - Carried a Penalty (for the Ayr Win) to success in the Drayton Handicap at Glorious Goodwood - and won another two races after that, aswell.

Only ran once as a 2-y-old - But won 4 from 11 as a 3-y-old, including seasonal debut and last race

Won the Newbury Spring Cup as a 5-yr-old (1980) - But then the Handicapper caught up - and no wins in a further 12 runs - although 2nd three times.
Report ashleigh July 8, 2018 1:11 PM BST
just reading his obituary, completely forgot about the horse that never ran because he was so slow, snaafi dancer cost sheik mo $10.2 million as a yearling.
Report portmanpark July 8, 2018 1:25 PM BST
People having a go because what happened to the staff at the end but I think it was mostly down to the fact he was so loyal to his staff when his numbers diminished .It was his loyalty to those staff that got him into money troubles.I think he is one of our greatest trainers and should be remembered for that.RIP john
Report portmanpark July 8, 2018 1:27 PM BST
he was*
Report portmanpark July 8, 2018 1:27 PM BST
he was*
Report mini me July 8, 2018 2:00 PM BST
John trained all of our 'Goodwood' horses with the utmost patience. Some were useless and never ran but Goodwood Starlight won 4 times when he was in our syndicate and got on very well with Eddie Ahern, including when he won first time out at Salisbury at 12/1.

Happy days on the Arundel gallops listening to John's running commentary before going into town for a pie and chips in the Red Lion. I wonder if the pub is still there.......
Report dambuster July 8, 2018 5:58 PM BST
Spoke to him over a cup of tea in the bar at the top of the stands at Folkestone one day, Piggott was riding a horse of hes in the first  called (something like) ,Bobbysoxer !!!!, he told me it had a great chance, it won, i took 4-1... a lovely man...wish i could find the result
Report Cork Langer July 8, 2018 6:12 PM BST
Was it pre or post war...?
Report verbotene liebe July 8, 2018 6:19 PM BST
As well as North Stoke, a stayer called Billion ran in the Bunker-Hunt colours and stayed in training  as a six year old when still an entire. Won the Bessborough, Chester Summer Handicap, Henry 11 ( as a six year old in 1980), and was runner up to John Cherry in the Queen Alexandra.
Report Cork Langer July 8, 2018 6:22 PM BST
Your memory not what it was dambuster, was 20th July 1993, Folkestone the first of three straight wins all ridden by Pat Eddery, the other two were Epsom and Salisbury  and you were done as the SP price returned at Folkestone was 9/2...!
Report spyker July 8, 2018 8:24 PM BST
People having a go because what happened to the staff at the end but I think it was mostly down to the fact he was so loyal to his staff when his numbers diminished.

This is about all there is  as it seems the media missed the bones of the story:

https://www.geegeez.co.uk/dunlop-stable-debts-of-1-36m/

His staff got paid by the taxpayer but the story seems to have been expunged from t'internet', or maybe behind paywalls.
Report Oldgit1 July 9, 2018 6:29 PM BST
Strange that Ted Durcan has not had a mention as one of Mr Dunlop's jockeys. At Castle Stables they referred to him as Grand Dad.
Report TheFear July 9, 2018 6:37 PM BST
can we read anywhere about what happened with the staff? Cant find it on google i wonder if they had it brushed from history!
Report Cork Langer July 9, 2018 6:52 PM BST
Oldgit1, no one ever got rich where Ted was concerned unless they were prepared to lay his mounts, off the top of my head I can't recall a decent horse he was successful on for JD, though I'm sure there must have been a few, someone will provide the appropriate details no doubt in due course.
Report themightymac July 9, 2018 7:18 PM BST
Thanks onlooker and Ged. North Stoke was a decent horse
Report geoff m July 10, 2018 12:11 PM BST
Recall North Stoke running in the CHampion Stakes won by Flying Water was working part time  on ice crean vans listening to radio 1977 or 8 the voice of Peter Bromley.
Report Oldgit1 July 10, 2018 1:52 PM BST
Cork Langer:
He won the Oaks for Sir Henry on Light Shift,
Report themightymac July 10, 2018 5:42 PM BST
Ron Hutchinson and Mr Dunlop were a great partnership.
Report Cork Langer July 10, 2018 9:15 PM BST
Oldgit1, I was referring to JD alone as the thread was about his passing and to be honest I still haven't come up with a class horse that Ted rode for him, come to that nor has anyone else, including ima, who is and has always been Ted's number one fan...!
Report blackbarn July 10, 2018 10:35 PM BST
Beatrice Aurore was a class horse that meets your criteria.
Report blackbarn July 10, 2018 10:43 PM BST
Here is a list of Durcan's big race wins according to the RP....

28Sep17    Jockey Club Rose Bowl Stakes (Listed Race)    Face The Facts    J Gosden    £20,983
03Sep16    Appletiser Stakes (Heritage Handicap)    Noumea    M Johnston    £62,250
22Jul16    British Stallion Studs EBF Lyric Fillies' Stakes (Listed Race)    Diploma    Sir M Stoute    £22,684
14May16    Betfair Cash Out King Charles II Stakes (Listed Race)    Thikriyaat    Sir M Stoute    £20,983
29Aug15    Stobart Club And Shop Hopeful Stakes (Listed Race)    Polybius    D Lanigan    £22,684
13Sep14    Feel The Rush At Betfair Stand Cup (Listed Race)    Energia Fribby    M Botti    £23,680
18Aug13    Grosser Preis Des Audi Zentrums Hannover (Group 3) (3yo) (Turf)    Limario    R Dzubasz    £26,016
05Oct12    Keltbray Noel Murless Stakes (Listed Race)    Biographer    D Lanigan    £19,849
12May12    Betfred Derby Trial Stakes (Group 3) (Colts & Geldings)    Main Sequence    D Lanigan    £34,026
26Jan12    Dubai Duty Free Handicap (Turf)    Dark Matter    S Burridge    £67,742
01Oct11    John Guest Bengough Stakes (Group 3)    Royal Rock    C Wall    £39,697
01Oct11    Jaguar XJ Cornwallis Stakes (Group 3)    Ponty Acclaim    T Easterby    £19,849
21Sep11    Tanqueray Stakes (Listed Race) (Registered as The Foundation Stakes)    Hunter's Light    S bin Suroor    £17,013
27Aug11    totepool Winter Hill Stakes (Group 3)    Prince Siegfried    S bin Suroor    £28,355
24Jul11    Skybet Supporting The Yorkshire Racing Summer Festival Pomfret Stakes (Listed Race)    Emerald Commander    S bin Suroor    £17,013
18May11    Casco Height of Fashion Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Beatrice Aurore    J Dunlop    £17,778
10Mar11    Dubai Duty Free Double Millionaire (Handicap) (Tapeta)    Honour System    S bin Suroor    £67,308
03Nov10    digibet Floodlit Stakes (Listed Race)    Mastery    S bin Suroor    £14,484
25Sep10    Deloitte Rosemary Handicap (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Aspectoflove    S bin Suroor    £22,708
17Sep10    Dubai Duty Free Cup (Listed Race)    Delegator    S bin Suroor    £19,870
28Aug10    totepool August Stakes (Listed Race)    Whispering Gallery    S bin Suroor    £19,870
12Mar10    Jebel Ali Sprint Sponsored By Shadwell Farm (Listed Race) (Dirt)    Terrific Challenge    S Seemar    £50,336
03Oct09    Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Group 1) (Fillies & Mares)    Sahpresa    R Collet    £113,540
18Sep09    Dubai Duty Free Cup (Listed Race)    Ashram    S bin Suroor    £22,708
12Sep09    Ladbrokes St Leger Stakes (Group 1) (Entire Colts & Fillies)    Mastery    S bin Suroor    £306,586
08Aug09    skybet.com Sweet Solera Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies)    Long Lashes    S bin Suroor    £28,385
25Apr09    totesport.com Leicestershire Stakes (Listed Race)    Asset    S bin Suroor    £22,708
05Mar09    Mahab Al Shimaal - Dayjur (Group 3) (Dirt)    Gayego    S bin Suroor    £83,333
06Feb09    Concourse 2750 (Handicap) (Turf)    Friston Forest    S bin Suroor    £62,500
29Jan09    Dubal Potline Trophy (Handicap) (Turf)    Age Of Reason    S bin Suroor    £72,917
01Nov08    bet365 James Seymour Stakes (Listed Race)    With Interest    S bin Suroor    £22,708
04Oct08    Guisborough Stakes (Listed Race)    Il Warrd    S bin Suroor    £22,708
12Sep08    Polypipe Flying Childers Stakes (Group 2)    Madame Trop Vite    K A Ryan    £45,416
09Aug08    toteswinger Rose of Lancaster Stakes (Group 3)    Multidimensional    Sir H Cecil    £42,578
27Jul08    Prix Eugene Adam (Group 2) (Right-handed)    Twice Over    Sir H Cecil    £167,647
24Jul08    Keep Able Star Stakes (Listed Race)    Honest Quality    Sir H Cecil    £17,031
19Jul08    David Wilson Homes Steventon Stakes (Listed Race)    Passage Of Time    Sir H Cecil    £24,979
04Jul08    William Ewart Properties Gala Stakes (Listed Race)    Many Volumes    Sir H Cecil    £22,708
24May08    National Express Fairway Stakes (Listed Race)    Unnefer    Sir H Cecil    £17,031
17May08    Enter The Flat totetentofollow Stakes (Registered As The Aston Park Stakes) (Listed Race)    Tranquil Tiger    Sir H Cecil    £17,031
03May08    stanjamesuk.com/casino Newmarket Stakes (Listed Race) (Colts & Geldings)    Kandahar Run    Sir H Cecil    £17,031
17Apr08    banshahousestables.com Craven Stakes (Group 3) (Colts & Geldings)    Twice Over    Sir H Cecil    £28,385
28Feb08    UAE Oaks (Sponsored by Al Tayer Motors) (Listed Race) (Dirt) (Fillies)    Cocoa Beach    S bin Suroor    £75,377
28Feb08    Zabeel Mile (Div I) (Sponsored by Ford) (Listed Race) (Turf)    Wise Dennis    A Jarvis    £60,302
08Feb08    UAE 1000 Guineas - Meydan (Listed Race) (Fillies) (Dirt)    Cocoa Beach    S bin Suroor    £75,377
27Oct07    Weatherbys St Simon Stakes (Group 3)    Crime Scene    S bin Suroor    £26,687
20Oct07    Igloos Bentinck Stakes (Group 3)    Greek Renaissance    S bin Suroor    £26,687
19Oct07    Georgia House Stud Darley Stakes (Group 3)    Windsor Knot    S bin Suroor    £26,687
28Sep07    EBF PricewaterhouseCoopers Harvest Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Brisk Breeze    Sir H Cecil    £17,034
25Aug07    totepool Beverley Bullet Sprint Stakes (Listed Race)    Hellvelyn    B Smart    £17,781
29Jul07    Pomfret Stakes (Listed Race)    Blue Ksar    S bin Suroor    £17,034
01Jun07    Vodafone Oaks (Group 1) (Fillies)    Light Shift    Sir H Cecil    £222,350
09May07    Weatherbys Bank Cheshire Oaks (for the Robert Sangster Memorial Cup) (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Light Shift    Sir H Cecil    £22,712
28Apr07    totesport.com Leicestershire Stakes (Listed Race)    New Seeker    P Cole    £14,763
16Feb07    Jebel Ali Mile (Listed Race) (Dirt)    Parole Board    S Seemar    £29,207
05Nov06    Premio Roma (Group 1)    Cherry Mix    S bin Suroor    £111,448
28Oct06    bet365 Ben Marshall Stakes (Listed Race)    Blue Ksar    S bin Suroor    £15,898
16Sep06    John Smith's Stakes (Heritage Handicap)    Pinpoint    W Swinburn    £62,320
27Aug06    Dance Design Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Blessyourpinksox    Peter Casey    —
20Aug06    Slatch Farm Stud Flying Fillies' Stakes (Listed Race)    Indian Maiden    M Saunders    £25,551
20Jun06    Coventry Stakes (Group 2)    Hellvelyn    B Smart    £45,424
06May06    Letheby & Christopher Predominate Stakes (Listed Race) (Colts & Geldings)    Championship Point    M Channon    £19,873
02May06    European Breeders Fund Lansdown Fillies' Stakes (Listed Race)    Indian Maiden    M Saunders    £15,898
02Feb06    Dubal Potline Cup (Handicap) (Turf)    Caesar Beware    A Laird    £66,134
30Nov05    National Day Cup (Listed Race)    Trademark    S Seemar    £12,766
23Oct05    Premio Lydia Tesio (Group 1) (Fillies & Mares)    Dubai Surprise    S bin Suroor    £99,468
02Sep05    Maurice Lacroix-Trophy (Group 2)    Ajigolo    M Channon    £35,461
21Aug05    Darley Prix Morny (Group 1) (Colts & Fillies)    Silca's Sister    M Channon    £141,837
18Aug05    Jaguar Cars Lowther Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies)    Flashy Wings    M Channon    £51,000
29Jul05    Oak Tree Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Majestic Desert    M Channon    £29,000
15Jun05    Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies)    Flashy Wings    M Channon    £40,600
14Jun05    Chesham Stakes (Listed Race)    Championship Point    M Channon    £23,200
08Jun05    Lord Weinstock Memorial Stakes (Registered As The Ballymacoll Stud Stakes) (Listed Race)    Ruby Wine    J Eustace    £16,240
05Jun05    Prix du Gros-Chene (Group 2)    The Trader I    M Blanshard    £48,511
26Apr05    European Breeders Fund Lansdown Fillies' Stakes (Listed Race)    Indian Maiden    M Saunders    £17,400
14Apr05    bet365 Feilden Stakes (Listed Race)    Rocamadour    M Channon    £16,240
15Oct04    Igloos Bentinck Stakes (Group 3)    Royal Millennium    M Channon    £29,000
19Sep04    Irish National Stud Blandford Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares)    Monturani    G Wragg    —
18Sep04    Ballygallon Stud Renaissance Stakes (Group 3)    Royal Millennium    M Channon    —
27Jul04    Betfair Molecomb Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Tournedos    M Channon    £23,200
22May04    EBF Joan Westbrook Pinnacle Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Pongee    L Cumani    £23,200
05May04    Letheby & Christopher Cheshire Oaks Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Hidden Hope    G Wragg    £29,000
28Apr04    Bovis Homes Pavilion Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Millbag    M Channon    £17,400
14Apr04    Shadwell Stud Nell Gwyn Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Fillies)    Silca's Gift    M Channon    £29,000
11Mar04    Melbourne Racing Club U.A.E. Oaks (Fillies) (Conditions Race) (Dirt)    Tamarillo    M Kurdi    £90,782
05Feb04    UAE 2000 Guineas (Group 3) (Dirt)    Little Jim    S Seemar    £90,782
16Nov03    Premio Roma - SIS (Group 1)    Imperial Dancer    M Channon    £93,377
01Nov03    Zetland Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Fun And Games    M Channon    £11,600
25Oct03    Tote St Simon Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Imperial Dancer    M Channon    £17,400
18Oct03    Owen Brown Rockfel Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Cairns    M Channon    £34,800
20Sep03    Weatherbys stallionbook.co.uk Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Registered As The Doonside Cup)    Imperial Dancer    M Channon    £11,600
06Sep03    Stanley Leisure Sprint Cup Class A (Group 1)    Somnus    T Easterby    £130,500
05Sep03    Maurice Lacroix Trophy (Group 2)    Mokabra    M Channon    £34,416
30Jan03    Al Shindagha Sprint    Feet So Fast    S Seemar    £39,252
19Oct02    Newmarket Darley Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Golden Silca    M Channon    £17,400
05Oct02    betabet Two-Year-Old Trophy Class B    Somnus    T Easterby    £97,585
11Sep02    £200000 St Leger Yearling Stakes Class B    Somnus    T Easterby    £143,750
26May02    Premio Carlo d'Alessio (Group 2)    Narrative    S bin Suroor    £66,891
13Apr02    Emirates Airline Al Bastikiya (Prestige Race)    Expect    S bin Suroor    £82,192
03Feb02    Al Rashidiya (Listed)    Musha Merr    K McLaughlin    £39,252
27Jan02    HH The President Cup Sponsored by Call Group International (Listed)    Glad Master    J D Sadler    £22,429
30Jun01    John Smith's Extra Smooth Chipchase Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Firebolt    M Tompkins    £20,300
26May01    Weatherbys General Stud Book Vol 44 Rated Stakes Class A (Handicap) (Listed)    Firebolt    M Tompkins    £15,382
15Mar01    Pearls Of Dubai Sales Graduate Stakes    Just Call Me    S Seemar    £91,075
25Mar00    Dubai Duty Free (Group 3) (Turf)    Rhythm Band    S bin Suroor    £731,707
25Mar00    Godolphin Mile (Listed) (Dirt)    Conflict    N Robb    £91,463
11Jul96    Tipperary Directors Sprint Stakes (Listed)    Ailleacht    J Bolger    —
03Jun96    Silver Flash Stakes (Listed)    Azra    J Bolger    —
Report Cork Langer July 10, 2018 11:54 PM BST
blackbarn, wasn't really about Ted it was the combination of JD & Ted, but your offering of BA is a decent example, albeit I would put money on it being the sole suggestion anyone can come up with off the top of their head, I still can't come up with anything plausible (but then I am of course a bit "dim"...!)
Report blackbarn July 11, 2018 12:16 AM BST
Cork - read the thread!!,  It is or was about JD.  Someone suggested entirely reasonably that it was odd that a JD thread would exclude TD. 

It was YOU that responded with your 18.52 Durcan critique that suggested he had never ridden a decent hoss for JO. I merely gave you one. The reasons Durcan did not ride the best of the Dunlop horses can easily be determined by who rode the ones he didn't from the list below.
Report Cork Langer July 11, 2018 12:25 AM BST
blackbarn, to simplify, explain the reasoning behind posting a list of Ted's winners on a tribute to John Dunlop...? To me it seems an odd thing to do, if you posted a list of Dunlops major winners then I could understand what you are saying about him missing out by only having the one you cited, but you haven't...! Senior moment...?
Report blackbarn July 11, 2018 12:44 AM BST
You sought a class horse that TD rode for JD - I gave you one.  I gave you TD other winners for context, particularly as it would be ridiculous to judge a jockey on his record for a trainer that he was hardly ever first choice.
Report Cork Langer July 11, 2018 12:56 AM BST
So from the list you posted, how do I decipher who rode the other Dunlop winners that you suggested I could do in your post 12.16...?
Report Oldgit1 July 11, 2018 12:26 PM BST
Blackbarn: As he got rides for Dunlop, Sir Henry and Sir Michael he could not be as bad as some try to make out.
Report bettysboy July 11, 2018 1:29 PM BST
mini me -- yes the Red Lion is still there.

When Shirley Heights won the derby, the local bookie - in the square just across the road from The Red Lion - ran out of cash and couldn't pay everyone out, so the landlord at the Red Lion took our winning betting slips as collateral and wrote our tabs on the back. We collected them the next day and collected from the bookies, then paid our dues at the pub.
Report posy July 11, 2018 4:32 PM BST
that's a great anecdote bettysboy.
Report SPOT THE DOG July 19, 2018 7:52 PM BST
bettysboy
Did you work at Castle Stables?
Report Cork Langer July 19, 2018 7:54 PM BST
blackbarn, had forgotten about this, you still haven't answered my question 12.56 am July 11
Report blackbarn July 19, 2018 8:05 PM BST
Sorry Cork, I thought I had attached it.  You could of course have looked it up yourself, but just in case here it is.......

14Sep12    Stobart Doncaster Cup (British Champions Series) (Group 2)    Times Up    E Ahern    £56,710
25Aug12    Weatherbys Insurance Lonsdale Cup (British Champions Series) (Group 2)    Times Up    W Buick    £79,394
22Sep11    Jockey Club Rose Bowl (Listed Race)    Times Up    E Ahern    £17,013
20Aug11    totepool Chester Stakes (Handicap) (Listed Race)    Berling    P Makin    £19,849
03Jul11    Prix Chloe (Group 3) (3yo Fillies) (Turf)    Beatrice Aurore    O Peslier    £34,483
21May11    Stowe Family Law LLP Grand Cup (Listed Race)    Times Up    E Ahern    £19,870
18May11    Casco Height of Fashion Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Beatrice Aurore    T E Durcan    £17,778
06Nov10    totesport.com November Handicap (Heritage Handicap)    Times Up    D O'Neill    £62,310
26Jun10    At The Races Curragh Cup (Group 3)    Tactic    T O'Shea    £35,088
27May10    Blue Square Henry II Stakes (Group 2)    Akmal    R Hills    £56,770
22May10    Stowe Family Law LLP Grand Cup (Listed Race)    Tactic    J Quinn    £22,708
15Apr10    Racing Post breezeupbonus.com Craven Stakes (Group 3) (Colts & Geldings)    Elusive Pimpernel    R L Moore    £36,901
17Oct09    Jockey Club Cup (Group 3)    Akmal    R Hills    £36,901
01Oct09    Directa Signs Noel Murless Stakes (Listed Race)    Akmal    R Hills    £22,708
21Aug09    Sky Bet Strensall Stakes (Group 3)    Palavicini    E Ahern    £56,770
18Aug09    Watch The Last 2 Races On Racing UK Acomb Stakes (Group 3)    Elusive Pimpernel    E Ahern    £29,630
23Jul09    Weatherbys Bloodstock Insurance Star Stakes (Listed Race)    Mudaaraah    R Hills    £17,031
23May09    Spillers Horse Feeds Fairway Stakes (Listed Race)    Palavicini    E Ahern    £22,708
18Jun08    Sandringham Handicap (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Festivale    K McEvoy    £34,062
31May08    Stowe Family Law LLP Grand Cup (Listed Race)    Samuel    E Ahern    £17,031
19Apr08    Dubai Duty Free Stakes (Registered As The Fred Darling Stakes) (Group 3) (Fillies)    Muthabara    R Hills    £26,682
27Oct07    St Leger Italiano (Listed Race)    Spanish Hidalgo    M Demuro    £18,919
23Aug07    European Breeders' Fund Galtres Stakes (Listed Race)    Wannabe Posh    E Ahern    £20,745
26Jul07    Beat Charity Star Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Muthabara    R Hills    £12,492
18Apr07    Shadwell Nell Gwyn Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies)    Scarlet Runner    K McEvoy    £28,390
04Apr07    Weatherbys Bank "Further Flight" Stakes (Listed Race)    Mount Kilimanjaro    J Fortune    £14,763
29Oct06    Premio Giovanni Falck (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Green Room    R L Moore    £21,724
22Sep06    Princess Royal PricewaterhouseCoopers Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Acts Of Grace    K McEvoy    £28,390
31Aug06    Prix de Tourelles (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Acts Of Grace    D Bonilla    £17,241
29Jul06    Princess Margaret Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies)    Scarlet Runner    K McEvoy    £25,551
27Jul06    William Hill Gods of Poker Stakes (Registered As The Star Stakes) (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Sudoor    R Hills    £13,343
16Jul06    Emirates Airline Minstrel Stakes (Group 3)    Jedburgh    S Sanders    —
25Jun06    Prix de Malleret (Group 2) (Fillies)    Time On    O Peslier    £51,103
10May06    Weatherbys Bank Cheshire Oaks (for the Robert Sangster Memorial Cup) (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Time On    L Dettori    £22,712
09Oct05    Premio Dormello (Group 3) (Fillies)    Manbala    T Thulliez    £50,367
30Sep05    Fishpools Furnishings Godolphin Stakes (Listed Race)    Munsef    R Hills    £16,240
08Sep05    GNER Doncaster Cup (Group 2)    Millenary    T Quinn    £58,000
16Aug05    Weatherbys Insurance Lonsdale Cup (Group 2)    Millenary    T Quinn    £72,500
08Jul05    Oakgrove Stud Golden Daffodil Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Mango Mischief    S Sanders    £29,000
16Jun05    Ribblesdale Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies)    Thakafaat    W Supple    £81,252
21May05    Buckhounds Stakes (Listed Race)    Persian Lightning    I Mongan    £16,240
18May05    Letheby & Christopher Predominate Stakes (Listed Race) (Colts & Geldings)    Unfurled    T Quinn    £20,300
07May05    totesport.com Oaks Trial (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Cassydora    S Sanders    £29,000
07May05    Letheby & Christopher Derby Trial Stakes (Group 3) (Colts & Geldings)    Kong    T Quinn    £34,800
06Nov04    EBF Gillies Fillies' Stakes (Listed Race)    Mango Mischief    D O'Neill    £19,500
17Oct04    Premio Sergio Cumani (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Snow Goose    J Fortune    £37,852
16Oct04    Persian Punch Jockey Club Cup (Group 3)    Millenary    T Quinn    £34,800
09Sep04    GNER Doncaster Cup (Group 2)    Millenary    T Quinn    £41,500
17Jul04    Aphrodite Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Beneventa    S Sanders    £17,400
17Jul04    cantorodds.com Steventon Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Muqbil    R Hills    £17,400
14May04    Swettenham Stud Fillies' Trial Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Rave Reviews    K Darley    £17,400
13May04    Emirates Airline Yorkshire Cup Class A (Group 2)    Millenary    T Quinn    £81,200
02May04    Letheby & Christopher Dahlia Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Beneventa    S Sanders    £29,000
24Apr04    Betfred Gordon Richards Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Chancellor    K Fallon    £29,000
10Apr04    Surrey Herald Snowdrop Fillies' Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Beneventa    S Sanders    £17,400
10Apr04    turftours.com Masaka Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Hathrah    R Hills    £17,400
21Nov03    Prix Tantieme (Listed)    Excelsius    D Bonilla    £13,312
01Nov03    EBF Montrose Fillies' Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Spotlight    Pat Eddery    £11,600
10Sep03    ACMC Park Hill Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Discreet Brief    Pat Eddery    £24,000
31Aug03    Furstenberg-Rennen (Group 3)    Big Bad Bob    Pat Eddery    £24,675
10Aug03    Prix Ridgway (Listed) (Colts & Geldings)    Big Bad Bob    Pat Eddery    £13,312
08Jul03    Princess of Wales's UAE Equestrian And Racing Federation Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Millenary    Pat Eddery    £58,000
10May03    Bet Attheraces On 0800 083 83 83 Oaks Trial Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Santa Sophia    Pat Eddery    £29,000
01May03    Prix du Muguet (Group 2)    Dandoun    O Peslier    £37,013
19Apr03    McKeever St Lawrence Easter Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Colts & Geldings)    Prince Tum Tum    Pat Eddery    £18,560
16Apr03    Weatherbys Earl of Sefton Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Olden Times    K Fallon    £29,000
15Apr03    Shadwell Stud Nell Gwyn Stakes Showcase Race (Fillies) Class A (Group 3)    Khulood    R Hills    £29,000
12Apr03    Lane's End Greenham Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Colts & Geldings)    Muqbil    W Supple    £29,000
20Mar03    Doncaster Mile Class A (Listed Race)    Dandoun    K Fallon    £20,800
12Oct02    Tom McGee Autumn Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Big Bad Bob    Pat Eddery    £15,236
06Oct02    Prix du Cadran - Casino Barriere de Cannes Croisette (Group 1)    Give Notice    J P Murtagh    £70,110
05Oct02    Oh So Sharp Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Khulood    R Hills    £13,688
07Sep02    Stanley Leisure Sprint Cup Class A (Group 1)    Invincible Spirit    J Carroll    £116,000
16Aug02    Scottish & Newcastle Pub Enterprises Stakes (Registered As Washington Singer Stks) Class A (Listed)    Muqbil    R Hills    £13,224
13Jul02    Michael Page International Silver Trophy Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Fallen Star    S Drowne    £30,160
10Jul02    Falmouth Stakes Class A (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares)    Tashawak    R Hills    £46,400
09Jul02    Princess of Wales's UAE Equestrian And Racing Federation Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Millenary    Pat Eddery    £46,400
22Jun02    Sandringham Rated Stakes Class A (Handicap) (Fillies) (Registered As Fern Hill Stakes) (Listed Race)    Tashawak    R Hills    £29,000
07Jun02    Vodafone Surrey Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Red Liason    T Quinn    £22,750
07Jun02    Princess Elizabeth Stakes Class A (Sponsored By Vodafone) (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares)    Kootenay    Pat Eddery    £22,750
16May02    Duke of York Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Invincible Spirit    M Kinane    £34,800
01May02    Bovis Homes Sagaro Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Give Notice    L Dettori    £24,360
30Mar02    Blue Square Interactive TV Easter Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Colts & Geldings)    Flat Spin    K Fallon    £15,535
30Mar02    Blue Square Masaka Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Kootenay    Pat Eddery    £15,470
21Mar02    Doncaster Mile Class A (Listed Race)    Dandoun    Pat Eddery    £16,900
03Nov01    Premio Giovanni Falck (Listed) (Fillies & Mares)    Villa Carlotta    F Jovine    £23,000
02Nov01    NGK Spark Plugs Stubbs Rated Stakes Showcase Handicap Class A (Listed Race)    Give Notice    K Darley    £13,584
19Oct01    Newmarket Darley Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Right Wing    Pat Eddery    £15,660
13Oct01    Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Fillies & Mares)    Head In The Clouds    Pat Eddery    £30,000
30Sep01    Grosser Preis des Casino Hohensyburg - Deutsche St Leger (Group 2)    Fair Question    D Bonilla    £39,088
23Sep01    Premio Coolmore (Listed) (Fillies)    Kootenay    Pat Eddery    £41,071
15Sep01    Aon MacDonagh Boland Stakes (Group 3)    Invincible Spirit    Pat Eddery    —
29Aug01    Jacobs Goldene Peitsche (Group 2)    Vision Of Night    Pat Eddery    £40,717
21Jul01    Ruinart Champagne Stakes Class A (Registered As Hackwood Stakes) (Listed Race)    Invincible Spirit    Pat Eddery    £14,645
30Jun01    Taylor Woodrow Empress Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Fillies)    Massarra    Pat Eddery    £12,328
03Jun01    Berkshire Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Water Jump    T Quinn    £17,420
03Jun01    Prix Jean Prat (Group 1) (Colts & Fillies)    Olden Times    Pat Eddery    £48,497
26May01    Bet With betabet Heron Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Dandoun    K Fallon    £17,469
19May01    Grundon Recycle Stakes Class A (Registered As The Aston Park Stakes) (Listed Race)    Water Jump    Pat Eddery    £14,221
15May01    Tattersalls Musidora Stakes Class A (Group 3) (Fillies)    Time Away    Pat Eddery    £29,000
04May01    Sagitta Jockey Club Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Millenary    Pat Eddery    £34,800
04May01    Pearl And Coutts Newmarket Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Rosi's Boy    Pat Eddery    £15,544
29Apr01    Prix Ganay (Group 1)    Golden Snake    Pat Eddery    £48,497
20Apr01    John Porter Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Lucido    Pat Eddery    £20,300
19Apr01    Feilden Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Olden Times    Pat Eddery    £13,398
18Apr01    Weatherbys Earl of Sefton Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Right Wing    Pat Eddery    £20,300
22Mar01    Doncaster Mile Class A (Listed Race)    Right Wing    Pat Eddery    £15,015
27Oct00    NGK Spark Plugs Stubbs Rated Stakes Showcase Handicap Class A (Listed Race)    Romantic Affair    T Quinn    £13,108
22Oct00    Gran Premio del Jockey Club (Group 1) (Colts & Fillies)    Golden Snake    Pat Eddery    £106,053
21Oct00    Prix le Fabuleux (Listed)    Inglenook    O Peslier    £13,449
20Oct00    Prix Andre Baboin (Grand Prix des Provinces) (Group 3)    Right Wing    G Mosse    £21,134
15Oct00    Premio Lydia Tesio (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares)    Claxon    T Quinn    £44,507
01Oct00    Prix du Cadran-Fouquet's Barriere (Group 1)    San Sebastian    D Bonilla    £48,031
24Sep00    Deutsche Post Euro Express Preis von Europa (Group 1)    Golden Snake    D Bonilla    £96,774
16Sep00    Faucets First For Faucets Firth of Clyde Fillies Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Alshadiyah    W Supple    £12,992
09Sep00    Rothmans Royals St Leger Stakes Showcase Race Class A (Group 1)    Millenary    T Quinn    £222,000
05Sep00    Prix Gladiateur (Group 3)    Orchestra Stall    T Thulliez    £21,134
03Sep00    Trusted Partner Matron Stakes (Group 3)    Iftiraas    G Duffield    —
30Aug00    uTravel.co.uk Strensall Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Right Wing    J Reid    £21,645
27Aug00    Prix de Meautry (Group 3)    Three Points    Pat Eddery    £21,134
25Aug00    Charles Heidsieck Champagne Hopeful Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Vision Of Night    Pat Eddery    £13,398
24Aug00    EBF Galtres Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Firecrest    T Quinn    £28,486
01Aug00    Peugeot Gordon Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Millenary    T Quinn    £29,000
28Jul00    Prix Berteux (Group 3)    Samsaam    W Supple    £21,134
27Jul00    Milcars Star Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Silver Jorden    T Quinn    £14,105
22Jul00    Steventon Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Claxon    G Carter    £14,690
22Jul00    Challenge Stakes (Listed Race)    Pairumani Star    P Shanahan    —
12Jul00    Bahrain Trophy Class A (Listed Race)    Cephalonia    Pat Eddery    £14,355
27May00    sportingodds.com Euro 2000 Heron Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Inglenook    Pat Eddery    £14,885
17May00    JWE Telecom Dante Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Sakhee    R Hills    £86,275
09May00    Victor Chandler Chester Vase Class A (Group 3)    Millenary    Pat Eddery    £36,000
03May00    Bovis Homes Sagaro Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Orchestra Stall    K Darley    £25,200
29Apr00    Thresher Classic Trial Class A (Group 3)    Sakhee    R Hills    £36,000
24Apr00    kickon.com Magnolia Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Right Wing    Pat Eddery    £15,015
14Apr00    Dubai Duty Free Stakes Class A (Registered As The Fred Darling Stakes) (Group 3)    Iftiraas    Pat Eddery    £21,000
23Oct99    Perpetual Stakes Class A (Registered As The St Simon Stakes) (Group 3)    Signorina Cattiva    Pat Eddery    £19,600
17Oct99    Premio Bagutta - Memorial Sergio Cumani (Group 3) (Fillies)    Alabaq    M Hills    £19,811
09Oct99    Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Signorina Cattiva    L Dettori    £30,950
01Oct99    Fishpools Furnishings Godolphin Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Kahtan    G Carter    £14,358
30Sep99    JRA Nakayama Rous Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Sakha    R Hills    £14,474
26Sep99    Riggs Bank Harvest Fillies Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Signorina Cattiva    Pat Eddery    £23,225
18Sep99    Peugeot Doonside Cup Class A (Listed Race)    Leggera    T Quinn    £13,023
30Aug99    Ripon Champion Two Yrs Old Trophy, 1999 Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Invincible Spirit    M Kinane    £13,016
29Aug99    Prix de Meautry (Group 3)    Vision Of Night    Pat Eddery    £23,681
17Aug99    Weatherbys Insurance Lonsdale Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Celeric    Pat Eddery    £34,300
14Aug99    Ridgewood Pearl Desmond Stakes (Group 3)    Haami    J Reid    —
14Aug99    Geoffrey Freer Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £38,500
20May99    European Breeders Fund Conqueror Fillies Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Hawriyah    R Hills    £14,313
20May99    Prix La Force (Group 3)    Nowhere To ExitI    T Quinn    £23,681
19May99    Victor Chandler Lupe Fillies Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Claxon    Pat Eddery    £19,300
14May99    Sun Life of Canada Group of Companies Fillies' Trial Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Nasheed    R Hills    £13,940
08May99    Pertemps Derby Trial Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Lucido    T Quinn    £32,128
06May99    Ormonde Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Sadian    Pat Eddery    £35,550
02May99    R. L. Davison Pretty Polly Fillies' Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Alabaq    R Hills    £12,544
30Apr99    Sagitta Jockey Club Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £34,200
28Apr99    Prix de l'Avre (Listed)    Nowhere To ExitI    T Thulliez    £15,070
28Apr99    Insulpak Sagaro Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Celeric    T Quinn    £25,000
24Apr99    Marriott Hotels Stakes Class A (Registered As Gordon Richards Stakes) (Group 3)    Generous Rosi    T Quinn    £19,200
17Apr99    Lanes End Stakes Class A (Registered as The John Porter Stakes) (Group 3)    Sadian    Pat Eddery    £20,040
05Apr99    Magnolia Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Generous Rosi    K Fallon    £13,680
03Apr99    Milcars Masaka Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Claxon    Pat Eddery    £13,615
27Nov98    Prix Belle de Nuit (Listed))    Mondschein    T Thulliez    £14,141
08Nov98    Premio Roma (Group 1) (3yo+)    Taipan    Pat Eddery    £88,706
07Nov98    CIU Serlby Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Alcazar    Pat Eddery    £11,651
31Oct98    NGK Spark Plugs Zetland Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Adnaan    R Hills    £9,942
31Oct98    Equity Financial Collections Marshall Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Generous Libra    K Darley    £11,169
18Oct98    Gran Premio del Jockey-Club (Group 1)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £92,970
17Oct98    Saudi Arabian Airlines Dewhurst Stakes Class A (Group 1)    Mujahid    R Hills    £132,000
16Oct98    The Z T Egerton Stud Darley Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Haami    R Hills    £10,841
11Oct98    Premio Dormello (Group 3) (Fillies)    Barafamy    T Quinn    £22,589
01Oct98    Heath Court Hotel Joel Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Im Proposin    T Quinn    £10,193
27Sep98    Post Express Europa Preis (Group 1)    Taipan    S Guillot    £101,351
13Sep98    Prix Vermeille (Fillies) (Group 1)    Leggera    T Quinn    £80,808
10Sep98    Kyoto Sceptre Fillies Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Ashraakat    Pat Eddery    £13,315
02Aug98    Queensferry Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Likely Story    S Sanders    £12,312
02Aug98    Prix de Pomone (Group 2))    Leggera    O Doleuze    £30,303
30Jul98    Richmond Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Muqtarib    R Hills    £26,050
28Jul98    Peugeot Gordon Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Rabah    R Hills    £17,600
09Jul98    Darley July Cup Class A Showcase Race (Group 1)    Elnadim    R Hills    £85,600
09Jul98    Bahrain Trophy Class A (Listed Race)    Kahtan    R Hills    £10,754
06Jul98    Prix La Moscowa (Listed)    Palio Sky    Pat Eddery    £14,141
04Jul98    Leith's July Trophy Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Rabah    R Hills    £11,048
05Jun98    Vodafone Coronation Cup Class A Showcase Race (Group 1)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £106,125
30May98    Bankes Ashton Investment Management Charlotte Fillies' Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Ashraakat    T Quinn    £11,563
19May98    Tote Predominate Stakes Class A Showcase Race (Listed Race)    Rabah    Pat Eddery    £25,650
13Apr98    Magnolia Stakes Class A    Garuda    Pat Eddery    £11,425
20Dec97    Mitie Group Kennel Gate Novices' Hurdle Class A    Wahiba Sands    A P McCoy    £8,918
12Nov97    Prix Saraca    Leggera    O Peslier    £15,713
09Nov97    Premio Roma (Group 1)    Taipan    J Reid    £211,406
01Nov97    Ben Marshall Stakes Class A    Samara    K Fallon    £10,556
04Oct97    Premio Duca d'Aosta    Samraan    T Sprake    £23,142
03Oct97    Somerville Tattersall Stakes Class A    Haami    R Hills    £8,954
28Sep97    EMS Kurierpost-Europa-Preis (Group 1)    Taipan    S Guillot    £113,636
28Sep97    Preis Von Koln    Aunty Jane    S Guillot    £22,727
27Sep97    Racal Diadem Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Elnadim    R Hills    £59,430
20Sep97    Faucets For Pembrey In Wales Doonside Cup Class A    Ghataas    R Hills    £11,225
13Sep97    Pertemps St Leger Stakes Class A (Group 1)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £183,776
11Sep97    Kyoto Sceptre Stakes Class A    Aunty Jane    Pat Eddery    £11,662
10Sep97    Prix Michel Houyvet    Palio Sky    S Guillot    £15,713
07Sep97    Prix Gladiateur (Group 3)    Orchestra Stall    Pat Eddery    £24,691
31Aug97    Grand Prix de Deauville (Group 2)    Taipan    Pat Eddery    £56,117
23Aug97    Prix de la Nonette - Japan Racing Association (Fillies) (Group 3)    Dust Dancer    Pat Eddery    £44,893
22Aug97    Hopeful Stakes Class A    Elnadim    M Kinane    £11,121
13Aug97    Upavon Fillies' Stakes Class A    Dust Dancer    B Doyle    £10,253
29Jun97    Waterford Crystal World Sports Curragh Cup (Group 3)    Orchestra Stall    Pat Eddery    —
06Jun97    Vodacall Victress Stakes Class A    Samara    Pat Eddery    £24,281
10May97    Tripleprint Derby Trial Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £31,928
02May97    Kuwait Green Ridge Stables Newmarket Stakes Class A    Sandstone    Pat Eddery    £12,676
30Apr97    Insulpak Sagaro Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Orchestra Stall    T Quinn    £25,240
09Nov96    Co-operative Bank Serlby Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Medaille Militaire    K Darley    £10,928
02Nov96    Zetland Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Silver Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £9,523
02Nov96    Premio Giovanni Falck (Listed)    Ninotchka    F Jovine    £20,300
01Nov96    George Stubbs Rated Class A Handicap (Listed Race)    Orchestra Stall    T Quinn    £10,913
20Oct96    Gran Criterium (Group 1)    Hello I    F Jovine    £65,387
06Oct96    Premio Del Dabo (Listed)    Hello I    F Jovine    £20,300
21Sep96    Bonusprint Mill Reef Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Indian Rocket    R Hills    £33,085
19Sep96    Timeform Harry Rosebery Trophy Class A (Listed Race)    Conspiracy    K Darley    £9,681
13Sep96    Laurent-perrier Champagne Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Bahhare    W Carson    £44,491
26Aug96    Ripon Champion Two Yrs Old Trophy, 1996 Class A (Listed Race)    Indian Rocket    W Carson    £12,755
30Jul96    Westminster Taxi Insurance Gordon Stakes Class A (Group 3)    St Mawes    K Darley    £22,792
29Jun96    Antec Virkon Empress Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Moonlight Paradise    Pat Eddery    £9,333
24Jun96    Grand Prix de Lyon (Listed)    Taipan    S Guillot    £28,986
23May96    Festival Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Captain Horatius    T Quinn    £15,270
18Apr96    Craven Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Beauchamp King    J Reid    £19,692
04Nov95    Prix Chiusara (Group 3)    Lavinia Fontana    G Forte    £25,816
21Oct95    Racing Post Trophy Class A (Group 1)    Beauchamp King    J Reid    £87,737
15Oct95    Premio Dormello (Group 3)    Scarlet Plume    J Weaver    £26,312
13Oct95    Greene King Rockfel Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Bint Salsabil    W Carson    £19,362
07Oct95    Princess Royal Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Labibeh    W Carson    £30,950
07Oct95    Anglo African Holdings Autumn Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Beauchamp King    J Reid    £14,005
06Oct95    BonusPrint October Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    A La Carte    T Quinn    £17,019
23Sep95    Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Class A (Group 1)    Bahri    W Carson    £194,760
16Sep95    BonusPrint Mill Reef Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Kahir Almaydan    W Carson    £32,018
28Aug95    BonusPrint Champion Two Yrs Old Trophy, 1995 Class A (Listed Race)    Kahir Almaydan    W Carson    £13,178
27Aug95    Crowson Prestige Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Bint Shadayid    W Carson    £18,700
05Aug95    Enza New Zealand Sweet Solera Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Bint Salsabil    W Carson    £12,560
24Jul95    Beeswing Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Shahid    W Carson    £21,450
20Jul95    Milcars Star Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Tamnia    J Reid    £10,260
15Jul95    Steventon Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Ihtiram    W Carson    £12,984
11Jul95    Princess Of Wales's Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Beauchamp Hero    J Reid    £35,576
08Jul95    Lancashire Oaks Class A (Group 3)    Fanjica    G Carter    £21,400
23Jun95    Hardwicke Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Beauchamp Hero    J Reid    £64,063
20Jun95    St James's Palace Stakes Class A (Group 1)    Bahri    W Carson    £124,056
27May95    Sandy Lane Rated Class A Handicap (Listed Race)    Star Tulip    G Duffield    £12,393
24May95    Tripleprint Lupe Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Subya    W Carson    £18,000
13May95    Coppa D'oro Di Milano (Group 3)    Khamaseen    J Reid    £29,346
21Apr95    Gainsborough Stud Fred Darling Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Aqaarid    W Carson    £22,740
17Apr95    Magnolia Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Captain Horatius    W R Swinburn    £12,713
15Apr95    BonusPrint Masaka Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Jubilee Course)    Subya    J Reid    £13,119
05Nov94    Premio Chiusura (Group 3)    Lavinia Fontana    G Forte    £26,483
07Oct94    BonusPrint October Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Sovinista    M Roberts    £14,381
30Sep94    R.O.A. Foundation Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Luhuk    R Hughes    £15,140
24Sep94    Fillies' Mile Class A (Group 1)    Aqaarid    W Carson    £94,635
23Sep94    Rosemary Rated Stakes Class A Handicap (Listed Race)    Sovinista    M Roberts    £12,815
16Sep94    Premio Novella (Listed)    Louis' Queen    G Forte    £17,766
11Sep94    Premio Del Piazzale (Listed)    Visto Si Stampi    G Forte    £17,766
04Sep94    Premio Eupili (Listed)    Spaghetti House    G Forte    £17,766
03Sep94    Haydock Park Sprint Cup Class A (Group 1)    Lavinia Fontana    J Weaver    £72,465
27Aug94    Tripleprint Celebration Mile Class A (Group 2)    Mehthaaf    W Carson    £38,723
16Aug94    Lonsdale Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    My Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £12,908
31Jul94    Criterium Varesino (Listed)    Armenian Dancer    G Forte    £17,766
31Jul94    Ostermann Pokal (Group 3)    Ventiquattrofogli    M Roberts    £23,346
29Jul94    Schroders Glorious Rated Class A Handicap (Listed Race)    Duke Of Eurolink    Pat Eddery    £28,027
16Jul94    Arlington International Racecourse Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Luhuk    W Carson    £11,424
14Jul94    Milcars Star Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Subya    W Carson    £8,738
26Jun94    Premio Bereguardo (Listed)    Visto Si Stampi    T Quinn    £17,766
22Jun94    Premio Vittorio Crespi (Listed)    Malafemmena    F Jovine    £17,766
04Jun94    John Of Gaunt Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Eurolink Thunder    T Quinn    £12,575
01Jun94    Ever Ready Derby Class A (Group 1)    Erhaab    W Carson    £473,080
30May94    BonusPrint Henry II Stakes Class A (Group 3)    My Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £26,040
28May94    Premio Ellington (Group 2)    Captain Horatius    L Piggott    £41,474
21May94    Airlie/Coolmore Irish 1000 Guineas (Group 1)    Mehthaaf    W Carson    —
20May94    New Famous Foods King Charles II Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Dumaani    W Carson    £10,698
18May94    Tripleprint Lupe Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Bulaxie    W Carson    £17,350
11May94    Homeowners Dante Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Erhaab    W Carson    £73,884
23Apr94    Premio Ambrosiano (Group 3)    Visto Si Stampi    A Munro    £25,560
23Apr94    T.G.I. Friday's Gordon Richards Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Scribe I    W Carson    £20,400
15Apr94    Gainsborough Stud Fred Darling Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Bulaxie    W Carson    £20,400
12Apr94    Shadwell Stud Nell Gwyn Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Mehthaaf    W Carson    £20,580
02Apr94    BonusPrint Easter Stakes Class A (Listed Race) (Jubilee Course)    Ultimo Imperatore    W Carson    £13,825
19Nov93    Premio Giovanni Falck (Listed)    Midnight Heights    A Munro    £20,173
07Nov93    Premio Ribot (Group 2)    Alhijaz    W Carson    £34,219
06Nov93    Macmillan Nurse Appeal Serlby Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Captain Horatius    W Ryan    £9,507
29Oct93    George Stubbs Rated Class A Handicap (Listed Race)    My Patriarch    Pat Eddery    £9,820
23Oct93    F Cross & Sons Doncaster Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Ultimo Imperatore    L Piggott    £8,358
10Oct93    Premio Vittorio Di Capua (Group 1)    Alhijaz    W Carson    £135,858
09Oct93    Juddmonte EBF Beresford Stakes (Group 3)    Sheridan    W Carson    —
02Oct93    Oh So Sharp Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Bulaxie    W Carson    £7,995
02Oct93    Sun Chariot Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Talented    W Carson    £35,381
12Sep93    Premio Ezio Vanoni (Listed)    Captain Horatius    W Ryan    £20,173
12Sep93    Premio Archidamia (Listed)    Midnight Heights    W Ryan    £20,173
05Sep93    Premio Toscana (Listed)    Spaghetti Western    J Reid    £20,173
03Sep93    Preis Der Stadt BadenBaden (Listed)    Lucky Guest    L Piggott    £16,327
14Aug93    Ibn Bey Geoffrey Freer Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Azzilfi    W Carson    £40,063
26Jul93    Federation Brewery L.C.L. Pils Lager Beeswing Stakes Class A (Group 3)    Eurolink Thunder    R Cochrane    £20,940
03Jul93    Premio Giuseppe de Montel (Listed)    Spaghetti Western    A Cruz    £20,173
20Jun93    Premio D'estate (Listed) 3Yo    Smarginato    W Carson    £20,173
20Jun93    Premio Bimbi (Listed) 2Yo Colts & Fillies    Fumo Di Londra    W Carson    £8,876
17Jun93    Ribblesdale Stakes Class A (Group 2)    Thawakib    W Carson    £59,407
29May93    Premio Lazio (Listed)    Arman's Sax    J Reid    £20,173
21May93    Thoroughbred Guild King Charles II Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Eurolink Thunder    R Cochrane    £9,768
19May93    Tripleprint Lupe Stakes Class A (Listed)    Gisarne    W Carson    £14,230
23Apr93    Gardner Merchant Mile Class A (Group 2)    Alhijaz    W Carson    £35,325
02Apr93    Magnolia Stakes Class A (Listed Race)    Captain Horatius    J Reid    £10,254
29Nov92    Premio Roma Vecchia (Group 3)    Spring    W Carson    £34,691
21Oct92    Premio Campobello (Listed)    Futurballa    T Quinn    £20,911
18Oct92    Gran Premio Del Jockey Club E Coppa D'oro (Group 1)    Silvernesian    L Piggott    £212,570
11Oct92    Premio Vittorio Di Capua (Group 1)    Alhijaz    W Carson    £65,428
04Oct92    Premio Del Dado (Listed) 2Yo    Arman's Sax    W Ryan    £20,911
27Sep92    Premio Rumon (Listed) 2Yo    Ventiquattrofogli    W Carson    £20,911
27Sep92    Premio Lydia Teslo (Group 2) Fillies    Oumaldaaya    W Carson    £45,209
26Sep92    Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Group 1) Class A    Lahib    W Carson    £208,339
20Sep92    Premio Novella (Listed)    Mrs West    W Carson    £20,911
05Sep92    Trusted Partner Matron Stakes (Group 3)    Cloud Of Dust    M Roberts    —
29Aug92    March Stakes (Listed) Class A    Rain Rider    W Carson    £10,770
26Jul92    Bosphorus Trophy (Group 2) 3Yo    Captain Horatius    J Reid    £39,894
09Jul92    Bahrain Trophy (Listed Race) Class A    Rain Rider    W Carson    £9,688
05Jul92    Premio Primi Passi (Group 3) 2Yo    Little Munchkin    G Dettori    £20,911
16Jun92    Queen Anne Stakes (Group 2) Class A    Lahib    W Carson    £54,972
20May92    Lupe Stakes (Listed Race) Class A    Oumaldaaya    W Carson    £13,840
17May92    Grosser HertiePreis Von Deutschland (Group 2)    Captain Horatius    J Reid    £51,579
03May92    Premio Parioll (Group 1) 3Yo    Alhijaz    W Carson    £68,617
01May92    Newmarket Stakes (Listed Race) Class A    Captain Horatius    W Carson    £10,770
26Oct91    Gran Criterium (Group 1) 2Yo Colts & Fillies    Alhijaz    L Piggott    £71,346
21Oct91    The Topkapi Trophy (Grade 2)    Lucky Guest    L Piggott    £43,866
29Sep91    Premio Rumon (Listed) 2Yo    Alhijaz    W Carson    £20,671
18Sep91    Doonside Cup (Listed Race) Class A    Azzaam    W Carson    £9,463
28Jul91    Bosphorus Trophy (Group 2)    Maraakiz    J Reid    £78,869
14Jul91    Mercedes BenzPreis (Group 3)    Flying Brave    J Reid    £38,062
26Jun91    RacalVodafone Stakes (Listed Race) Class A    Azzaam    W Carson    £10,300
20Jun91    Ribblesdale Stakes (Group 2) Class A    Third Watch    J Reid    £63,099
18Jun91    St James's Palace Stakes (Group 1) Class A    Marju    W Carson    £121,905
20May91    MehlMuhlensRennen (Group 2)    Flying Brave    J Reid    £50,865
02May91    General Accident 1000 Guineas Stakes (Group 1) Class A    Shadayid    W Carson    £109,821
27Apr91    Cch Gordon Richards EBF Stakes Guaranteed Minimum Value £40000 (Group 3) Class A    Noble Patriarch    J Reid    £23,550
19Apr91    Gainsborough Stud Fred Darling Stakes (Group 3) Class A    Shadayid    W Carson    £21,315
18Apr91    Charles Heidsieck Champagne Craven Stakes (Group 3) Class A    Marju    W Carson    £23,193
05Apr91    Magnolia Stakes (Listed Race) Class A    Noble Patriarch    J Reid    £10,601
16Nov90    Premio Dormello (Group 3)    Brockette    M Roberts    £26,235
07Oct90    Prix Marcel Boussac (Group 1)    Shadayid    W Carson    £85,745
05Oct90    R.O.A. Foundation Stakes (Listed Race)    Noble Patriarch    J Reid    £11,940
23Sep90    Preis Von Koln (Listed Race)    Silk Petal    W Carson    £21,978
22Sep90    Rokeby Farms Mill Reef Stakes (Group 2)    Time Gentlemen I    W Carson    £36,540
16Sep90    Prix Vermeille (Group 1)    Salsabil    W Carson    £84,432
31Aug90    Preis Der Stadt BadenBaden (Listed Race)    Lucky Guest    B Newnes    £9,890
31Aug90    Moet & ChandonRennen (Group 2)    Jimmy Barnie    B Newnes    £36,630
02Aug90    Goodwood Cup (Group 3)    Lucky Moon    W Carson    £28,116
01Jul90    Budweiser Irish Derby (Group 1)    Salsabil    W Carson    —
01Jul90    John Roarty Memorial E.B.F. Railway Stakes (Group 3)    Time Gentlemen I    W Carson    —
09Jun90    Gold Seal Oaks (Group 1)    Salsabil    W Carson    £101,475
03May90    General Accident 1000 Guineas Stakes (Group 1)    Salsabil    W Carson    £110,493
22Apr90    Premio Natale Di Roma    Sikeston    M Roberts    £29,768
20Apr90    Gainsborough Stud Fred Darling Stakes (Group 3)    Salsabil    W Carson    £22,782
12Nov89    Premio Roma (Group I)    Highland Chieftain    W Carson    £96,290
12Nov89    Premio Roma Vecchia (Group III)    Heart Of Groom    Pat Eddery    £17,975
11Nov89    Premio Chiusura (Group III)    Alquoz    Pat Eddery    £18,494
22Oct89    Pries Der Spielbanken Des Landes Nordrhein Westfalen (Group3)    Highland Chieftain    W Carson    £12,461
08Oct89    Prix Marcel Boussac (2YO) (Group I)    Salsabil    W Carson    £63,063
01Oct89    Premio Lydia TesioTrofeo (Group II)    Miss Secreto    M Roberts    £41,459
19Aug89    Tara Sires E.B.F Desmond Stakes (Group 3)    Llyn Gwynant    D Gillespie    —
18Jun89    Gran Premio Di Milano (Colts & Fillies)    Alwuhush    W Carson    £104,504
14May89    Premio Presidente Della Repubblica (Group I)    Alwuhush    W Carson    £53,963
30Apr89    Premio Parioli (3YO Colts & Fillies)    Sikeston    G Dettori    £45,982
23Apr89    Premio Regina Elena (3YO Fillies)    Miss Secreto    S Cauthen    £49,065
23Oct88    Gran Criterium (Group I) (2YO)    Sikeston    G Dettori    £79,171
09Oct88    Premio Dormello    Miss Secreto    W Carson    £19,816
08Oct88    Princess Royal Stakes (Group 3)    Banket    B Rouse    £23,598
18Sep88    Team Trophy Der Volksbanken (Group 3)    Highland Chieftain    J Reid    £22,109
11Sep88    Mount Coote Stud Matron Stakes (Fillies) (Group 3)    Llyn Gwynant    W Carson    —
26Aug88    OettingenRennen (Group III)    Patriach    G W Moore    £17,007
14Aug88    Prix de Psyche (3YO) (Group III)    Ashayer    Pat Eddery    £19,925
14Aug88    Aral Pokal (Group I)    Almaarad    S Cauthen    £34,014
17Jul88    Henry M Betrix HessenPokal (Group II)    Highland Chieftain    W Carson    £42,517
17Jun88    King's Stand Stakes (Group 2)    Chilibang    W Carson    £59,251
17Jun88    Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)    Almaarad    W Carson    £47,055
31May88    Brigadier Gerard Stakes (Group 3)    Highland Chieftain    W Carson    £17,754
12May88    Crowthers Yorkshire Cup (Group 2)    Moon Madness    Pat Eddery    £30,492
29Apr88    General Accident Jockey Club Stakes (Group 2)    Almaarad    W Carson    £28,530
27Apr88    Insulpak Sagaro EBF Stakes (Group 3)    Sergeyevich    W Carson    £25,479
24Apr88    Premio Natale Di Roma (Group III)    Freedom's Choice    W Carson    £19,168
Bets are accepted in accordance with the operator's rules.
William Hill is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission no. 000-039225 R-319373-001
The registered office of William Hill is at 6/1 Waterport Place, Gibraltar, with registered company number 99191.
William Hill is committed to supporting Responsible Gambling
Underage gambling is an offence
Report Cork Langer July 19, 2018 8:12 PM BST
Good man blackbarn, so you were wrong but didn't want to admit it to someone who is "dim" at times...!

That aside the list is a nice tribute post to include on the thread, gl
Report verbotene liebe July 19, 2018 8:34 PM BST
Epsom Derby 1978 preview edition of Pacemaker, Dunlop, Shirley Heights and his workrider Rodney Boult on the cover.

Photo taken from Kodak Instamatic of Moon Madness going out before the 1976 Great Voltigeur. He finished a staying on third behind Nisnas and Mashkour, then went on to win the St Leger on his next start.

Report verbotene liebe July 19, 2018 8:35 PM BST
1986 Voltigeur of course.
Report acey deucy July 19, 2018 11:09 PM BST
Rodney Boult another Legend.Desert Orchids Workrider.
Report SPOT THE DOG July 20, 2018 6:06 PM BST
Rab Hamilton (The TAX Man) with Moon Madness "see photo" going out before the 1976 Great Voltigeu with Pat on board
Report posy July 21, 2018 8:50 AM BST
A couple of great photos there.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now