Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
28 Jun 18 21:00
| Topic/replies: 27,849 | Blogger: workrider's blog
A bunch of Mammies boys, able to beat minnows, meet a half decent team and they get their arses slapped, summed up beautifully by one of the team..DEIR....Laugh
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ..... England....
Show More
Report workrider June 29, 2018 10:36 AM BST
Oh I nearly forgot , Alexander wasn't great either....Laugh
Report workrider June 29, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Jimeen, I might be illiterate but I do know Irishman is all one word....Cool
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2018 10:40 AM BST
So an Irish man is not legitimate?
Report workrider June 29, 2018 10:45 AM BST
LaughLaughLaugh Mouse..
Report workrider June 29, 2018 10:49 AM BST
Jimeen must have gone to sign on, only available between 7am and 9.30am then its back to bed for the poor lad. I can't help myself winding him up, he falls for it on a daily basis and bites every time its a little too easy to rattle him ...Laugh
Report acey deucy June 29, 2018 10:52 AM BST
Odds against and Bet Of The Century to beat Columbia and that's coming from A Scotsman......Don't stop Lumping On Lads.Cool
Report workrider June 29, 2018 11:10 AM BST
Doubt they are a lump on job acey, in fact I'd be surprised if they don't get beat. Beat nothing in first two matches, people saying they didn't try last night are fooling themselves..
Report Tiger Tiger June 29, 2018 11:27 AM BST
At least they qualified.
Report spyker June 29, 2018 11:44 AM BST
Eng would be full bank jobs against Columbia, Colombia on the other hand...........
Report michael59 June 29, 2018 1:55 PM BST
workrider im embarrassed for you . when england didnt qualify i used to support the other nations ie allys army and indeed jacks superb efforts for eire. i just dont get that the welsh the scots the irish ( both sides ) wouldnt want us to do well . are england hated that much ffs
Report Cork Langer June 29, 2018 1:59 PM BST
I can assure you that not all of us are of the same mind thomas (hope all is well with you & yours) just replied on a thread on the FF saying this is one household that will be cheering England to victory next Tuesday night, as we would be it Wales/Scotland or NI
Report GLASGOWCALLING June 29, 2018 1:59 PM BST
Agree 100 % Michael, ...

" COME ON ENGLAND "
Report michael59 June 29, 2018 2:07 PM BST
im good cork thanks . and both you and glasgow have made me happy thankyou both Happy
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 3:06 PM BST
England are the rest of the nations in the vacinity's whole world as always.
If it wasn't for the bag carriers there would hardly ever be any of em present at these events.
Now onwards, take the bags on to Moscow next please like a good chap.
Report TheFear June 29, 2018 3:16 PM BST
i dont understand why scots, irish etc don't support england. I would definitely cheer ireland if they were in and us out
Report geoff m June 29, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Brilliant result for England reserves.
Altho Trent Alexander needs to learn how to kick a dead ball(pretty basic stuff).
Only time in my life ive been happy to see England lose.
Report workrider June 29, 2018 3:41 PM BST
Lads hold on a second, were did I say I wouldn't support England, I'm only highlighting a fact. England time after time have come to these tournaments from inferior groups and got shown up. They were second best last night against another second 11 . I love my football, off to see my team Shamrock Rovers play tonight and try to qualify for Europe . England a full bank job as Acey says ?. As far as I can see that's blind optimism, and I shall be backing Columbia , p.s. My nephews girlfriend is from there...
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 3:54 PM BST
Thats a reason if ever I heard one.
Where was her pet hamster from, you might be able to claim supporting Brazil too.
Report Tiger Tiger June 29, 2018 3:56 PM BST
workrider....you start a thread 'A bunch of Mammies boys etc'

You deserve all the stick you get. If you dish it out you've got to be able to take it.
Report workrider June 29, 2018 3:58 PM BST
Dusty, get real ffs, you'll soon have us thinking England can win it...Laugh I put my money were my mouth is and have collected many a few pounds off guys like your good self , who live in fantasy land when it comes to England and the World cup..Cool
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:01 PM BST
Tiger, are they not a bunch of Mammies boys, what have they won in the last 50yrs, NOTHING..Funny no one ever mentions they NEVER won a EUROPEAN Nations cup either...
Report TheFear June 29, 2018 4:01 PM BST
Where was her pet hamster from, you might be able to claim supporting Brazil too. Laugh

i had brie for lunch i have the french as backup team
Report Tiger Tiger June 29, 2018 4:03 PM BST
workrider.....and what the feck have the paddy paedos ever won???
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2018 4:04 PM BST
Brazil for me as I'm currently drinking a coffee from their.
Report Tiger Tiger June 29, 2018 4:05 PM BST
Glad that you aint eating snails mouse.
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:07 PM BST
Now now Tiger, no need for that kind of reaction mate, its a bit of fun, if you can't take it leave the thread please. I have a **** pair of bins so I might be tempted to back them should the need arise...
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2018 4:08 PM BST

Jun 29, 2018 -- 10:05AM, Tiger Tiger wrote:

Glad that you aint eating snails mouse.

I had the good fortune to be eating them during cheltenham festivals of the early 70s

Report Tiger Tiger June 29, 2018 4:10 PM BST
Lay off the English then, you are at it all the ferking time.
If you do, don't complain when someone has a go back.
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:10 PM BST
Japanese was the word I used, how can that get blanked out...Surprised
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2018 4:11 PM BST
****'s eye
japanese eye
how ****
kweer
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:12 PM BST
Tiger, I suggest you calm down, open season on ALL teams in Russia..Didn't you see the thread on Germany's exit from one of your Countrymen...
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:25 PM BST
Joined: 29 Dec 08 | Topic/replies: 14,915 | Blogger: dustybin's blog
they goin' home, they goin' home they goin...
Deutschland geht nach Hause
Touch of the hyprocrite eh Dustybin....Devil
Report pa lapsy June 29, 2018 4:30 PM BST
Refreshing this time around concerning England,usually giving it the "big un" in previous tournies. Like Southgates attitude and given the very average teams even with the bigger names (maybe Croatia excepted) they have a great chance of doing well.

Some buzz when your country is in the latter stages of the competition.
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 4:31 PM BST
Why?
They are an achilles heel to England
The sooner they fook off the better.
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:42 PM BST
Pardon me Dusty, I mistakenly thought you English were scared shitless of Jerry..
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 4:44 PM BST
No just blind linesmen and s hit penalty takers
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:47 PM BST
Blind linesmen , you've gotta be joking, if it wasn't for that linesman England would still be looking for their FIRST World Cup...LaughLaugh
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 4:48 PM BST
Like Ireland?

Besides, twas 4-2, would still have won
Report dustybin June 29, 2018 4:50 PM BST
and.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3384366/Geoff-Hurst-s-goal-against-West-Germany-DID-cross-line-Sky-Sports-finally-prove-linesman-right-award-controversial-strike-1966-World-Cup-final.html

ooosh
Report workrider June 29, 2018 4:56 PM BST
The Only reason we haven't won it is , we ain't hosted it yet.....LaughLaughLaugh
Report Deltâ July 3, 2018 10:15 PM BST
Plain
Report 11kv July 3, 2018 10:26 PM BST
Where is he ....down the Curragh
Report Deltâ July 3, 2018 10:36 PM BST
* pub
Report workrider July 4, 2018 10:17 AM BST
I really am surprised you brought back this thread ,  England once again proved me right, piss poor up front , terrible across the middle , shambolic at the back, whats new I hear you ask. The sooner ye cop on how poor ye are, the richer you'll remain instead of investing your hard earned on this team of bumbling fools . One of the poorest games of football EVER seen at ANY World Cup , and added to last weeks rubbish performance against Belgium only highlights it more. West Ham would have seen off that lot by 3 goals last night...
Report dustybin July 4, 2018 10:18 AM BST
Laugh
The whine tastes so good
Report workrider July 4, 2018 10:21 AM BST
Ah come on Tiger, as I said West Ham would have tonked that lot by 3 . Sure you're still in it but I'd say the next up are licking their lips..
Report domino14 July 4, 2018 10:22 AM BST
For all England weren't great, it was played like a game where neither team wanted to lose, rather than both teams wanted to win. Personally I reckon England will beat Sweden and get to the Semi's but it will not be easy to get to the final that's for sure.
Report dustybin July 4, 2018 10:30 AM BST
England World Cup Quarter Finalists 2018
Already has a ring to it that will resonate long after the competition is over and exist as a burden hard for all the supporters of the 'home nations' to take.
All that fawning over wales at the euros brings it all to perspective as not only will we never see them in a compeition finals again, we probably wont ever witness any of the others reach a QF in our lives either.

If we get to the Semis then that weight becomes even greater for 'em.
Im sure all England fans would take that.
Report workrider July 4, 2018 10:33 AM BST
Nothing wrong with self belief Domino, England have done very well for themselves considering. Its the blind faith of their followers that make we wonder. Still I wish them all the best against Sweden and think they have a good chance against another limited team. The thing is its going to be another BORING night of football..
Report salmon spray July 4, 2018 10:35 AM BST
Intersting that England fans seem to expect supporters of other British Isles teams to get behind Engerland but then rubbish the said other teams. Can't quite get my head round that.
Report dustybin July 4, 2018 10:37 AM BST
Given that England are the only country of those teams to experience honours then its likely the bitterness of our victories came first.
Report workrider July 4, 2018 10:40 AM BST
Dusty, I have always been baffled by English fans belief over the years that they were going to win the World Cup , English people are usually level headed when it comes to life's realities , yet every 4 years they get their minds addled with this belief,still as you rightly say if you're not in you can't win. Thankfully for us and the rest of the World Ireland didn't make the finals, we are woeful and not worth a place at the table.I wish England all the best in their quest for another World Cup...
Report dustybin July 4, 2018 10:49 AM BST
Well done Workrider, it took a while but you coughed up that furball in the end Wink

On the 'chicken or egg' scenario of who was to blame for local hostilities, perhaps SS can enlighten us as he must surely remember as he ventured down to Olive Grove every fortnight to watch The Wednesday Cool
Report workrider July 4, 2018 10:51 AM BST
Off to Bellewstown to try and make a few quid...
Report salmon spray July 4, 2018 11:37 AM BST
I've never really supported a national team tbh. I was born and bred in Sheffield and my mother's ancestors all seem to have born there since at least the early 19th century. My father was pure Welsh though so I was brought up to support Wales at both football and rugby.
Was always a bit lukewarm about national teams though. As dusty hints I supported Sheffield Wednesday fairly fervently as a boy but definitely lost interest in the last 20 years.
Report by purpose July 8, 2018 12:03 AM BST
Whatever happens the "Wonky" has made a complete "James Hunt"of himself.He really would be better off going to bingo with his "Trouble" than watching those Hoops...Well done Wonky they have ran out of medals to give you.Ye Langer.
Report Tiger Tiger July 8, 2018 12:07 AM BST
Come on England. Ferk the bigots and the marxistsCrazy
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 8, 2018 12:41 AM BST
... well said TT.  Cool
Report workrider July 8, 2018 11:32 AM BST
Well done England, put me in my place, can't see them winning it but to have gotten this far is some achievement. By purpose the last time I responded to you I got a Ban ....I hate rats....
Report by purpose July 8, 2018 1:45 PM BST
Never got anyone banned in my life.That would be one of your schoolyard strokes.
Report workrider July 11, 2018 12:57 PM BST
by purpose, I really think you should have a good luck at yourself, when my ban came about I asked them why, they said it was someone complaining about a ageist remark, I went and had a look back over my posts and I had remarked that you should know better been in your 60s, we'll leave it at that shall we!.
My betting on the World Cup must be the worst ever on here, only ONE win for the whole comp, England must have a great chance with me on their side....Laugh
Report StillLearning July 11, 2018 1:07 PM BST
Wow this place really is like a juvenile classroom
Report knoxville July 11, 2018 1:30 PM BST
odds are wrong tonight, no way england should be 2.34 to win tonight.
croatia beat argentina, nigeria, iceland and drew with denmark and russia in 90 mins.
england beat tunisia, panama, sweden, lost to belgium and drew with colombia in 90 mins.
if the form was reversed england would be 1/2.
croatia should be favs tonight.
laying england in the 90 mins is the bet no doubt about it, you heard it here first
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 1:31 PM BST
you heard it here first

oh no we didn't
Report greggyg July 11, 2018 1:37 PM BST
wrong muppet phorum
Report greggyg July 11, 2018 1:38 PM BST
when everyone says ITS COMING HOME do they mean it was made in the UK and it wont be housed in ZURICH anymore
Report greggyg July 11, 2018 1:40 PM BST
or do they mean it was designed by a Frenchman and its going back to France

I just dont get it

ITS COMING HOME

I never heard Brazil say ITS COMING HOME
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 1:42 PM BST
foydc LaughLaughLaugh
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 1:43 PM BST
What happened to chicken man?
Report greggyg July 11, 2018 1:46 PM BST
listen reg rory you know nothing about horesracing
Report dustybin July 11, 2018 2:17 PM BST
Think its symbollic given that Association football started in England, and that Sheffield has the oldest club ground (Hallam), the oldest FC in the world (Sheffield) and has the oldest Professional club ground (S.United) and 4th oldest Pro Club (Wednesday)

Its our game really, just we aint as good at it as we used to be.
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 2:18 PM BST
I thought Notts County was the first pro club?
Report dustybin July 11, 2018 2:19 PM BST
Apparently so, but I didnt claim that.
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Home is the Yorks/Notts area then.
Report dustybin July 11, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Sheffield FC 1857
Notts FC 1862
Report workrider July 11, 2018 9:40 PM BST
Ye got it right with that little ditty ...You're going home!......Laugh
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:13 PM BST
Report Oldgit1 July 11, 2018 11:14 PM BST
Workrider:
"We got it right with that little ditty ...You're going home"
They are on their way like Ally's Tartan Army in 1978.
Then it was the manager who was the Messiah/Pied Piper this time it was the press.
Still better to lose to Croatia than get hammered by the French and having Macron and his old lady jumping up and down in delight.
Report Oldgit1 July 11, 2018 11:15 PM BST
Greg_Ory.
Nice one:-)
Had you prepared it in advance?
Report workrider July 11, 2018 11:19 PM BST
Oldgit, I have to say England did far better than I ever expected, and Pickford was outstanding . Plenty of good things came out of this World Cup and the Nation as a whole should be proud of them...
Report Oldgit1 July 11, 2018 11:21 PM BST
Dustybin.
We no longer play it. We employ foreigners to play in the 'best league in the world'

Way back Hal Stuart the manager of Morton wanted the Scottish FA to sign up the top players and create a team called Inter Scotia to be the international team and play it in the Scottish league. Naturally the idea sank like a brick.
Report granitjack July 11, 2018 11:24 PM BST
Personally I think Dele Alli was absolutely useless in most games...especially tonight. I suppose you have to have a Paul Mulrennan/Jim Crowley/ Jack (Mitchell, Duern, Osborne....actually every ‘Jack’ that rides as a jockey) in every team lol
Report Oldgit1 July 11, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Workrider.
Pickford was outstanding and got them farther than they deserved. I wonder what would have been the outcome if they had beaten Belgium and taken the other route.
Report granitjack July 11, 2018 11:37 PM BST
Lost in the second round against Japan I expect. Got lucky against Colombia....which was a replica of the Croatia game really...dominated first half and thrown the game away thereafter....
Report xmoneyx July 11, 2018 11:56 PM BST
FOOTBALL COMING HOME

FCUKALL COMING HOME Excited
Report by purpose July 12, 2018 12:05 AM BST
Wonky just to be clear as i know you are a stalwart at having the last word on things.I did not have you banned or anybody else on this forum so you can get that one out of your tiny mind.
Report workrider July 12, 2018 8:38 AM BST
purpose, I wouldn't believe the Lord's Prayer from you, I know what I was told, stay off my threads simple as Gypo Nolan...
Report EastLower Gooner July 12, 2018 9:54 AM BST
Reminded me a bit of Harchibald in the Champion. Fooled everyone!!!

Tremendous effort from Southgate to get this lot so far and to make everyone think they could win it when they were basically a carbon copy of Wimbledon from back in the day.

Should’ve killed that game off in the first half. I did fume at Kane’s miss because if that was a NLD he tucks it away easily.
Report xmoneyx July 12, 2018 9:58 AM BST
https://mobile.twitter.com/benbarnes/status/1017172163575545861/video/1
Report dustybin July 12, 2018 10:06 AM BST
Come on guys try and let the scotch have a giggle.
They been waiting 3 weeks to unload their meme's until such time England got so far in the comp that they are all redundant and scotland still useless.
Report StillLearning July 12, 2018 10:52 AM BST
Good shout knoxville
Report knoxville July 12, 2018 11:44 AM BST
No emotion in Gambling
And obviously alot of people were backing england in that way which skewed the price.
The form didn't add up
Report MJK July 12, 2018 12:36 PM BST
The England football team to be given the Timeform squiggle
Report mouse muldoon July 12, 2018 1:45 PM BST

Jul 12, 2018 -- 5:44AM, knoxville wrote:

No emotion in GamblingAnd obviously alot of people were backing england in that way which skewed the price.The form didn't add up

Knoxeeeeeeee don't do emotion. That's why he doesn't get wound up very easily.

Report ashleigh July 14, 2018 3:06 PM BST
england 1-0 down after 3 mins.Cry
Report hulk23 July 14, 2018 3:18 PM BST
definitely a meaningless game then Laugh
Report workrider July 14, 2018 5:28 PM BST
I have to say one English player stood out for me today , and that was Delph, thought he had a smashing game....Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now