Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dambuster
08 May 18 16:54
| Topic/replies: 3,718 | Blogger: dambuster's blog
Will the authorities then, and only THEN, STOP encouraging people to get p15sed like they do at the moment.?
for example, Newmarket among other courses, have people walking around with the betting ring and the back of the grandstand with backpacks full of lager, they top you up for a fiver , to save you queuing at the bars..THAT IS MORALLY WRONG AND ASKING FOR TROUBLE.
They have outlets all over the course where you can get a drink, they allow coaches to pull up in there car parks 2 or 3 hours before racing, with about 40-50 blokes ( and woman) standing there getting p1ssed before they enter the course....
When somebody is killed, they will trot out the old line of ''Lessons will be learned''...
And as for security, why do they need to get a kicking for £7 an hour ?? and the bar staff being trained on a drink awareness course,LaughDo me a favour, as if a 19 year old is going to say to a few pis5ed blokes,
''I think you've all had enough''...
They should go back to the way it was, You can only drink in the licenced bars in the grandstand, all outside outlets are for tea coffee, soft drinks and food.
and No drinking in the coach park...I'm not being a killjoy, i enjoy a light ale as much as anybody. but most of these p1ssheads who go for a p1ss up, wouldn't even know if the racing was abandoned.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View WHEN SOMEBODY IS KILLED DUE TO...
Show More
Report parispike May 8, 2018 5:03 PM BST
Things will only start to change when a course loses it licence to sell alcohol.
Report FELTFAIR May 8, 2018 5:04 PM BST
It has already happened dambuster at Newmarket Summer course many years ago. A fight broke out in the betting ring resulting in the culprits being evicted to the car park where it all kicked off again and resulted in an individual dying.

Security was immediately stepped up but has lapsed again over the years.

As you say drinking enclosures should be created and "policed" by a bunch of bouncers similar to night clubs.
Report parispike May 8, 2018 5:10 PM BST
Deaths are inconvenient, loss of income is catastrophic. Welcome to British racing’s approach to excessive drinking.
Report dambuster May 8, 2018 5:11 PM BST
Agree Felt, but the courses are such greedy bar stewards they hope it won't happen and will come out with the same old, 99% of people behave them selves, but thats not the issue, as we all know
Report dunlaying May 8, 2018 6:39 PM BST
Hear here . I am all for a good session but the racetrack is not the place for it .
Report Willie Shafter. May 8, 2018 6:58 PM BST
dambuster    08 May 18 16:54 
Will the authorities then, and only THEN, STOP encouraging people to get p15sed like they do at the moment.?
for example, Newmarket among other courses, have people walking around with the betting ring and the back of the grandstand with backpacks full of lager

that suprises me as we get our bags searched at the tracks i visit.
Report Spartan Missile May 8, 2018 7:00 PM BST
These "backpacks" are employed by the racecourses,William. I've seen them at Newmarket,Goodwood and were visible at the Aintree meeting.
Report parispike May 8, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Goodwood general manager Alex Eade has defended the course's security activity on Saturday, claiming a number of those on duty were wearing suits and therefore not obvious to customers.
However, he said future arrangements would be reviewed, and admitted: "It's really bad for our sport, it's particularly bad for Goodwood. No-one is more shocked than me because this sort of thing doesn't happen at Goodwood."

News for you Me Eade. It does and it did.
Report salmon spray May 8, 2018 7:27 PM BST
I find this backpack stuff amazing. I would have thought it must breach the terms of their licence if it is the racecourse doing it.
Report geoff m May 8, 2018 7:29 PM BST
When the general manager oozes an air of complacency , its no wonder the security follows suit.
Report jesusofsuburbia May 8, 2018 8:15 PM BST
im as big a footballfan as the next bloke but noticed as racing has become more fashionable during the summer months its the bored football thugs who cause alot of the trouble and you have to wait for the football season to start up again before they pi55 off we get it a the local dog track to with the baggies and the dingles
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now