Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
14 Apr 18 21:19
| Topic/replies: 29,050 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
LATEST Outing

OCEAN OF LOVE finished 2nd to BEAR VALLEY - GIVING Bear Valley 14 lbs - and beaten just a Head - over 1m 6f.

TONIGHT - They met again - with OCEAN OF LOVE 2 lbs BETTER OFF for just that HEAD- over the same Course & Distance

The Racing Post RESULT for that LAST  time out race - Put BEAR VALLEY on (a base rating of 87) with OCEAN OF LOVE One pound less - for the Head beating - on (a base) 100 - having carried 14 lbs more.

Therefore - TONIGHT -  OCEAN OF LOVE was, theoretically A Pound Better OFF for just that HEAD... having give Bear Valley only 12 lbs - as opposed to last time's 14 lbs.

[b[ORIGINAL Racing Post RATINGS[/b] reflected the SAME - as shown in the above Result description (above) - and RPR Table (below).

However  - ]ON the Racing Post RACECARD - The Racing Post Ratings's 'Handicapper' has ARTIFICIALLY ALTERED BEAR VALLEY's Rating UPWARDS by 2 lbs and placed it a Pound Better than OCEAN OF LOVE - instead of the, correct, 1 lb WORSE.
-----------------

'Egg on face' time ... with OCEAN OF LOVE Winning tonight -  and not for the first time, either -

- This being a regular occurrence - and something that prompted a similar question, about the RP Ratings, from a Forumite, some weeks ago.

108 Bear Valley 8-8   < ALTERED to 108 - from 106

Previous 6 races - Latest at bottom

106 = LATEST Outing - Against OCEAN OF LOVE

107    Ocean Of Love 9-6    

107 = LATEST Outing - Against BEAR VALLEY
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARTIFICIALLY ALTERED Racing Post...
Show More
Report mouse muldoon April 14, 2018 9:55 PM BST
mouseform had Ocean 1lb ahead of the Bear, although I ended up backing the pair of them. I'd given Bear Valley +1lb for the interference in the Chelmsford race.
Report Pinza April 15, 2018 7:18 PM BST
Scor    INFO            SPOT    RATING        assist    form    HORSE           DIFF          SEX    Car Rat    FR   
8.5    DC T2 BF 42D    Emn F    2    SF    dd w2    22112     Ocean Of Love      3+        F     43.5     43.5    
5.5    D  T8 L2 42D    en F    4    F    w    78x21     Bear Valley      6-        G     43.0     42    

Seems that Ocean had the better in all departments
Report Cutter27 April 15, 2018 7:40 PM BST
Welcome to the world of infinite variables, and this is why the lunatic is either lucky winning substantial on one horse, or in the banana of knowing or others bending the banana the other way.
Report crepello April 16, 2018 11:14 AM BST
TONIGHT - They met again - with OCEAN OF LOVE 2 lbs BETTER OFF for just that HEAD- over the same Course & Distance

Onlooker - they were not meeting over the same c/d and, I think, that is crucial .....
Report Rider April 16, 2018 1:13 PM BST
on the point of private handicapping i'd have no problem with what RPR have done here, BV won the race at chelmsford and was given the rating 87+ (not 87), the + indicating they thought the winner was worthy of more that the bare form, this mark up is subjective and 2lb is not unreasonable given how he won that race
Report onlooker April 16, 2018 3:13 PM BST
Rider -  I completely understand what you mean - But...

WHERE is the + sign in the previous race RESULT ? ...

1 (8)  9. Bear Valley (IRE) 7/1 Franny Norton Charlie Mann 4-8=8  80     54  87    

Using your assumption ...

If that is how he - originally - felt ... Then why,  did he not, then, award Bear Valley 89 in the previous race RESULT? - instead of 87 - which some may argue is a Pound TOO MUCH -  awarding a Pound for a HEAD over 1m 6f.
Report Rider April 16, 2018 3:43 PM BST
I dont subscribe to the Racing Post online so i cant comment on that, but it was in the paper on saturday "Race RPR: 87+/100/95"

Most commercial compilers will do it in this way (wrt the race ratings on the day) and if i'm using their figures I prefer it too as it allows me to judge how much to add on, an easy winner can have 5lb in hand to one person and 10lb to another, same applies, as in this case, to the ground lost due to interference by the OOL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now