Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mickwheblembe
11 Apr 18 17:36
| Topic/replies: 42 | Blogger: mickwheblembe's blog
How much longer do us punters have to put up with Jamie Spencer’s Dodgy Record when riding favourites he has been beaten on favs 50% The BHA must see he is riding for the bookmakers and NOT the punters,How? Does he keep getting away with what he is doing in races he has always been a the worst jockey for judging pace and has to be the most overrated jockey in the last decade.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Please BHA investigate Jamie...
Show More
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 5:38 PM BST
He should be beaten of favs about 67%
Report onlooker April 11, 2018 5:40 PM BST
The fawning media - Willoughby - and Tom Segal - will not have any of what you say.

Meanwhile - Everybody else will be checking the date of your post - expecting it to be from 11 Apr 08 ... and not from, today.
Report the dealer April 11, 2018 5:44 PM BST
you turned the pipe stable around after your lost post, now its Jamies turn Grin
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 5:44 PM BST
Dealer, it can't be done.
Report mickwheblembe April 11, 2018 5:46 PM BST
My post is from to-day and no I do not bet anything Jamie Spencer rides because I do not trust him as a jockey,Personaly I would not put him on a Blackpool Donkey and he would have got beat on Frankel in a seller,What amazes me is how any trainer gives him mounts,We know what he rides best HT?
Report sparrow April 11, 2018 5:50 PM BST
His hold up tactics takes some understanding when time and again they go no pace over longer distances. Yet here is a jockey who Barney Curley relied on many times with the big money down.
Report domino14 April 11, 2018 5:52 PM BST
There is no better rider from the front out there. Amazing clock in his head, also one of the best to ride work with, judges gallops to perfection. Sadly he has normally booked to ride quirky horses who have to be ridden like good things, much like Baker and Hughes were too. More times than not those horses will make a fool out of you.
Report stridingedge April 11, 2018 5:53 PM BST
yet he's gone to the front there in a race where the early pace was a dawdle and it's prompted a fred anyway Laugh
Report domino14 April 11, 2018 5:54 PM BST
Also given only 30-33% of favourites actually win, if he's winning on 50% of rides when fav he is doing very well !
Report stridingedge April 11, 2018 5:54 PM BST
I assume the OP thinks he went too fast in front there as he lost the race.

I haven't seen it again but I'd be pretty sure that was not the case
Report stridingedge April 11, 2018 5:54 PM BST
*and BTW I am no Spencer fan
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 5:55 PM BST
I sayed that domino
Report hulk23 April 11, 2018 5:56 PM BST
do hold up tactics always mean you have to be stone last, no matter how far back that is ...
Report Roquebrune April 11, 2018 5:56 PM BST
I don't see what the problem is with Spencers riding.It gives the punter an edge...don't back his mounts,lay them instead.Simples.
Report domino14 April 11, 2018 5:57 PM BST
Interestingly the OP is making a status about him when he rode a horse that won a desperate 0-55, followed by a shocking 0-60 and then was turned over in the same grade as this on it's last start. Was put up in the weights for that defeat in a stronger race, and gets beat and it's JPS' fault. I would say any punter backing that horse, can only have themselves to blame, the horse is no longer well handicapped and wasn't when it got turned over last time, yet was off a higher mark today.
Report stridingedge April 11, 2018 5:59 PM BST
No money to be made laying his favs in the past couple of years but the armchair experts would have you believe he should be winning on 50% of favs if he wasn't so poor tactically.
Report domino14 April 11, 2018 6:01 PM BST
@Hulk23

Sadly that's the orders the likes of him, Baker and hughes were given many a times. I was at Kempton on Saturday and was stood in the parade ring as David Simcock told JPS to make sure Curbyourenthusiasm was held up last as he pulls if any horses are behind him and not to move on him until he's in the straight as he'll hang otherwise. Watching the race it was easy to blame JPS for giving said horse too much to do, but he only followed orders. It was Simcock who got the horse beat not Spencer. Poor instructions are the route to many horses getting beat. I always found it better when a trainer didn't give you orders, you would have studied it's form, watched it's races and have an idea how the horse is to be ridden, and there's no better way to ride than to see how a race pans out regarding to position and pace, sadly a lot of trainers confuse matters and get rather abusive if you don't follow orders to the letter.
Report hulk23 April 11, 2018 6:18 PM BST
what happens if another jockey is given the same instructions ?
Report doorman99 April 11, 2018 7:02 PM BST
Always thought Simcock an utter knob, confirms it.
Report STATSMAN April 11, 2018 7:12 PM BST
Were/are you a rider then domino?
Report domino14 April 11, 2018 7:13 PM BST
@Statsman

Yes, through late 90s and to mid 2000s in UK originally then in Germany and Europe before a odd number of rides in Uk again before packed up around 8 years ago.
Report STATSMAN April 11, 2018 7:18 PM BST
Thought you must have been by your 18:01 post.
Report duncan idaho April 11, 2018 7:25 PM BST
good luck laying Jamie's mounts..suspect you'll break even at best after commish, inc favs
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now