Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
verbotene liebe
18 Mar 18 13:36
| Topic/replies: 1,155 | Blogger: verbotene liebe's blog
Claims that he probably wasn't very much and that we never knew much about him before he ran in See You Then's final Champion Hurdle -  for God's sake his place in the line up was very well publicised in the press leading up to the race. This was because he was widely considered to be the best ever stateside horse in the National Hunt sphere.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Peter Thomas on Flatterer !!!
Show More
Report sixtwosix March 18, 2018 12:44 PM GMT
Watching the programme now , just heard this drivel about Flatterer , getting paid for this tosh.
Report Andrew in Sweden March 18, 2018 12:48 PM GMT
Better known as a chaser in the states, also finished runner up in the French champion hurdle.
Report verbotene liebe March 18, 2018 1:06 PM GMT
The Colonial Cup fences are in between - the likes of Sea Pigeon and Grand Canyon competed in the race their time.Actually have just checked, Flatterer won four Eclipse awards from 84-87.Timeform described him as a worthy successor to Tingle Creek, Inkslinger and Soothsayer and if I remember right, Dan thingy who was the US correspondent for the RP described him as their best NH horse ever in the lead up to the race.
Report Northofperth March 18, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
I remember seeing a horse win at Perth for Charlie Brooks called Bokaro ( if my mind is correct ) , the next race it ran in was a top race in USA . If I recall correctly the Jockey said that the top USA chase and top hurdle race were run over the same obstacles . The Jockey might have been Peter Scudamore .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now