Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foxy
11 Mar 18 12:01
| Topic/replies: 7,156 | Blogger: foxy's blog
was that mentioned ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View douvan ryanair
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 11:11 AM GMT
Rich Ricci : Vautour goes for the Gold Cup or stays at home

Rich Ricci : Douvan likely to go for the Ryanair

I doubt the yank tw@t has any bloody say in where he goes, Willie will decide that.
Report liberator of the oppressed March 11, 2018 11:19 AM GMT
Rancid and he is given space in the RP i'm assuming he is paid to do what waste space just about sums it. Didn't he have a column yesterday? I bought the rag which is going up to nearly three quid yesterday. Did that mention anything. RP look fools. Yes I know owners prerogative just taints all these big NH events.
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
don't think our richi gets the betting game,said on lucks show doesn't really matter these days because of nrnb,obviously forgetting those who,ve backed [ not me ] the fav from the same yard thinking it was a good thing or other horses in the race thinking douvan wasn't turning up or running in the cc, will ruby get off the fav now to ride douvan
Report skygreenzone March 11, 2018 11:32 AM GMT
Doesn't he own a bookmakers?surely thats got to be a conflict of interest if ever there was one.Bookies who own horses how is that allowed to happen?
Report Mat22 March 11, 2018 11:38 AM GMT
Do hope Douvan doesn't go to the Ryanair, there i was thinking sitting pretty with 3/1 Un De Sceaux in soft ground.
Plus thought Altior v Min v Douvan would of been a spectacle what Horse racing needs.
Report jmdc March 11, 2018 11:57 AM GMT
The way he left Barclays Bank in such a mess freezes me in loving this character!
Report foxy March 11, 2018 11:57 AM GMT
Mat I wouldn’t worry to much about your bet on in de sceaux
Report foxy March 11, 2018 11:58 AM GMT
Un
Report Mat22 March 11, 2018 12:15 PM GMT
Why Not Foxy? If Walsh is on Douvan come Thursday De sceaux drifts like a barge will be laying off just to break even. no?
Report foxy March 11, 2018 12:17 PM GMT
Why do you won’t to lay off
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2018 12:45 PM GMT
skygreen his horses run under name mrs s ricci
Report Big Boss March 11, 2018 12:46 PM GMT
just look at Betbright prices, that should give a clue Wink
Report impossible123 March 11, 2018 12:46 PM GMT
I think no one with a smidgeon of intelligence could have fallen for connections allusions Douvan and Min will race against each other in any race let alone the Champion Chase. It was a complete ruse for the sole benefit of bookies, I believe,

And now Douvan in the Ryanair over 4f longer and probable soft/heavy going having missed several appointments prior, and with the Punchestown Festival just around the corner another ruse, in my opinion. If he does run in the Ryanair, a dis-service and utter slap in the face for connections of UDS, I firmly believe.
Report foxy March 11, 2018 12:51 PM GMT
The owners of uds won’t mind just another challenge for them they love it .i do however know where your coming from.
Report skygreenzone March 11, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
And yet he clearly owns the horses is regular on tv commenting on the horses no wonder people are losing interest in the sport when this is what goes on.
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 1:00 PM GMT
soft/heavy ground and in form,fit and well waiting patiently,s connections waiting for good ground next year, LaughLaugh
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
waiting patientlys connections  wheres that heads in hands man picture ?
Report eric_morris March 11, 2018 1:16 PM GMT
Bookmaker Sponsored Trainers (Ambassadors) should not be allowed. Not only do the bookies have trainers in their pockets now, they also are prominent owners and they own the Racing Press via advertising revenue without which the press would collapse.

skygreenzone 11 Mar 18 11:32 Joined: 03 Feb 09 | Topic/replies: 1,738 | Blogger: skygreenzone's blog

Doesn't he own a bookmakers?surely thats got to be a conflict of interest if ever there was one.Bookies who own horses how is that allowed to happen?
Report eric_morris March 11, 2018 1:18 PM GMT
No meaningful comment will come from the Racing Post which is why I am considering not buying it for the first time ever while attending the Festival. The paper now costs you money with the disinformation they publish and headline without question.
Report impossible123 March 11, 2018 1:42 PM GMT
If I knew UDS is a definite runner in the Ryanair I'd lay Douvan till thy kingdom come, why? 1stly, the latter is an unlikely runner despite what connections have alluded to or hinted; 2ndly UDS will still beat Dovan should the latter turn up.

Douvan has an easier assignment in the Punchestown Festival in April so why risk him here when he's already missed several "intended" engagements due to on-off lameness. I'd not be surprised if Douvan was packed-off for the season as originally stated by Mullins a few months earlier.
Report Fashion Fever March 11, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
if I was the owner of UDS id be going crazy if he wasnt in the QM on Wednesday with ruby on, with everything in his favour, I doubt min is good enough to get anywhere near altior
Report workrider March 11, 2018 2:33 PM GMT
Fair point Fashion.
Report liberator of the oppressed March 11, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
skygreene exactly people and the racing public do lose interest. I still cannot believe nothing was mentioned in the 'exclusive' (my arse) two pages of diatribe in the RP yesterday surely somebody had an idea about which way things were going and the paper and and those that purchase the rag are paying for that waste of space will there be booing I wonder?
Report impossible123 March 11, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
The Racing Post is finished as a horse racing paper because the journalists are too aligned with trainers and dead scared of upsetting trainers in case of retribution eg trainers do an Alex Ferguson to them. Also, there are too many mediocre journos who are not willing to extend themselves getting news away from their desks regularly.

I firmly believe UDS has the best chance of a victory in the Ryanair rather than do battle with Altior. I think Altior would eat them alive, barring an accident; Min could be lit-up (again) given so many early pacers presence.
Report Mat22 March 12, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
Well thats Some good news this morning glad i didn't listen to Foxy and lay off. Feeling positive again with my bet on UDS. The spectacle is on Altior v Min v Douvan what a sensational race to look fww to!
Report Pinza March 12, 2018 12:35 PM GMT
Matt
Check your private messages
Ray
Report Mat22 March 12, 2018 12:52 PM GMT
Tx Ray have replied, plus sent an email.
Report foxy March 12, 2018 12:57 PM GMT
Mat wtf are you talking about I told you not to
Report Mat22 March 12, 2018 1:00 PM GMT
Sorry Foxy thought i read you were hinting i should lay off. my bad, probably miss read your comment. G.L. at Cheltenham.
Report foxy March 12, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
No worries mat good luck with your bets
Report MillionaireMaker March 12, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
impossible123
impossible123 11 Mar 18 12:46 Joined: 07 Sep 15 | Topic/replies: 5,884 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
I think no one with a smidgeon of intelligence could have fallen for connections allusions Douvan and Min will race against each other in any race let alone the Champion Chase.

Deary Me
Report impossible123 March 12, 2018 1:42 PM GMT
^^No worries. I'm glad Douvan is in the Champion Chase. Let's hope Mullins/Ricci will use this as a precedent for the future. But the event has not happened yet, and Douvan could still run in the Ryanair; he's still being backed at the present moment, ironically.

As always, Walsh gets his way. Then again, I guess it's better to ride one winner than two losers eg riding Min in the Champion Chase and Douvan in the Ryanair instead of UDS (the probable Ryanair winner).

Will his riding plans change now given Altior's predicament?
Report geoff m March 12, 2018 1:51 PM GMT
Douvan cant run in  Ryanair
Report impossible123 March 12, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Why?
Report geoff m March 12, 2018 3:04 PM GMT
Because hes declared for the Q.M change of rules this year
Report impossible123 March 12, 2018 3:10 PM GMT
Someone posted only if the race was confined to novices which the Ryanair is not. He's still being backed with quite a few takers.
Report geoff m March 12, 2018 3:11 PM GMT
O.K imp thought it applied to all.
Report impossible123 March 12, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
So did I but apparently not. He's still being backed but Monalee (JLT/novice race) has now been taken out.
Report Johnny The Guesser March 12, 2018 4:09 PM GMT
Declaration rule does NOT apply to the 6 non novice Grade 1 contests.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now