Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
13 Feb 18 13:01
| Topic/replies: 4,935 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
and at the same time permanently self excluded from Paddy Power (over 5 years ago). Is it right that you cannot reopen your Betfair account after your period of self exclusion because in the interim PP have taken over BF?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View If you self excluded from Betfair for...
Show More
Report Big Boss February 13, 2018 4:46 PM GMT
different entities, they don't share info either (cough)
Report dave1357 February 13, 2018 5:09 PM GMT
Not sure about that BigBoss - the only thing that the UKGC gaf about is problem gambling and taking money from crims, so firms will tend to exclude rather than take the risk.  Having said that, the exchange is a different form of gambling, so that might be the route to take if they try to exclude.

They are different brands but the same company, so they are perfectly entitled to share info.
Report DenzilPenberthy February 13, 2018 5:14 PM GMT
When I closed my latest PP account the clown on live chat was trying to close my betfair account at the same time and he couldn't understand that I wanted one account and not the other Crazy
They are clueless but are probably drilled with all the problem gambler b olox and treat people who try to close their own accounts as such.
So be careful if anybody does something similar via the PP chatbox
Report brassneck February 13, 2018 5:19 PM GMT
who gets my available to bet balance if i die.ConfusedGrinLaughDevil
Report brassneck February 13, 2018 5:23 PM GMT
correction/when i dieWhoops
Report mouse muldoon February 13, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
I've left mine to the cat.
Report dave1357 February 13, 2018 5:46 PM GMT
Betfair take it through inactive account fees.
Report StillLearning February 13, 2018 5:53 PM GMT
Surely there's an argument that when the original self exclusions were administered they were two separate companies. Why should the PP exclusion rule over the BF one?
Report dave1357 February 13, 2018 6:53 PM GMT
That doesn't matter.  Plenty of poker players were blocked when PStars took over FTilt.  They don't care.  They are scared about someone doing their cash and screaming that they shouldn't have been allowed to bet as they were a known problem gambler. 

The only angle is that he says he wants exchange betting and excluded from PP because he doesn't want to bet at bookies odds.
Report dave1357 February 13, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
btw they are obviously separate accounts, so he might want to avoid it even becoming an issue after the five years are up.  It wouldn't take much imagination to do this.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now