Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
04 Feb 18 17:03
| Topic/replies: 315 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
I have 2 x trebles of about £275 each might bite K /G m beuve de very C/H and Samcro in the Ballymore each on pays around £7600,I have been offered around £2800 each on a cash out,got quite a few multiples with other hotspots footpad Apples jade getabird etc so chance of more to come.Now this is the dilemma I face,I have a incurable desease ( Motor Neurone Desease ) and woul love to take my wife away to Mexico hotel where we have som great memories from times gone by,it costs just  over 3 k now do I cash out 1 treble for £2800 or let it lie the extra £500 is not a problem for the holiday but at present £3200 is.especial as I have just bought a share in a 2 y/ o colt ,so is it stick or twist
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Cash out dilemma
Show More
Report dessiestar February 4, 2018 5:10 PM GMT
Cash one out and let the other ride
Report maleuk01. February 4, 2018 5:13 PM GMT
Depends what is more important to you.

A nice holiday with your wife or or the thought of losing £4800 if the treble hits?

Sorry about your illness, but life is short and who knows when you may get another opportunity to go to Mexico or if you will?

Cash out the treble and have the holiday i reckon. Sure your good lady will appreciate it too.
Report ashleigh February 4, 2018 5:16 PM GMT
a year ago i came close to death after heart surgery, it was my wife as much as the surgeons that pulled me through.
i know not the same for you but.
nothing more important than your wife and memories.
Report s.kenbo February 4, 2018 5:19 PM GMT
I agree. Cash one out and go on holiday, and let the other one ride (for now).

I must say though, if you're doing £500+ trebles then the Mexico trip shouldn't be much or a problem whether you cash out or not.
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 5:26 PM GMT
No the stakes are irrelevant I have played up a couple of small winning bets I’m a gambler end of and I often try for a few good multiples 3 years ago I copped for some multiples with willie Mullins horses Faugheen,Douvan Undeseix and the triumph winner Peace and co I copped for 73 k .Oncea gambler always a gambler,I suppose
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
Any way thanks for your thoughts but my wife has made my mind up for me and I have cashed one out for £2850,as much as I hate doing a cash out ,it’s a case of common sense prevails
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
Any way thanks for your thoughts but my wife has made my mind up for me and I have cashed one out for £2850,as much as I hate doing a cash out ,it’s a case of common sense prevails
Report s.kenbo February 4, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
Very nice win. Cool

I'd say book the holiday anyway, then decide what to do with your bets.
Report s.kenbo February 4, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
They ALWAYS say to cash out! Wink
Report chavman February 4, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
peace and co triumph hurdle winner 2015
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 6:09 PM GMT
Yes 2015 around 3 years ago same as Douvan ,supreme 6/1 Faugheen c/h 6/1 undseux 6/1 and peace and co 9/2,also had Vauteur and Don poli in a six timer for £750000,sadly had them in the 4 miler and the gold cup though they both won it was a losing bet ,Annie power cost me a few bob as well ,but that as they say is racing
Report ph. February 4, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
take the guaranteed memories and goodwill from the **** one that putting you ( the couple ) before gambling and improbables will engender, get there ASAP,no need to put off your NOW because of a bet landing or losing in March. I think 6 weeks is a long time once your quality active time is reducing too quickly ( no doubt even more so for the pair of you and any children ) so live for now, today and stretch to tomorrow. Having such a disease blighting your future should ensure you do as much active living and loving as possible before circumstances say otherwise. Then she'll cherish the memories, the vids and photos, as will all your loved ones. Good luck for the future.
Report ph. February 4, 2018 6:41 PM GMT
q u e e r one as is good lady or wifey, it isn't derogatory term and doesn't need censoring by an 8 year old moderator.
Report FELTFAIR February 4, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
Cash out.
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 7:02 PM GMT
She calls me hubby and I call her wifey terms of endearment really we are both 64 and have lived life to the full,I’m a retired electrician and she is a retired nurse ,retired to look after me.I have shares in 3 race horses and don’t owe any one a penny money is always a bit tight but we always get by
Report SlippyBlue February 4, 2018 7:09 PM GMT
Have a great time in Mexico doncaster rover, I had a month there for my honeymoon and had a great time.
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 4, 2018 7:30 PM GMT
  q u e e r one as is good lady or wifey, it isn't derogatory term and doesn't need censoring by an 8 year old moderator.

LaughLaugh    ...  fair enough.
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 4, 2018 7:33 PM GMT
.. all the best doncaster, hope the bet still running cops for you. Happy
Report Willie Shafter. February 4, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
can afford £550 trebles..buy shares in horses but cant afford a holiday?
Report chavman February 4, 2018 8:08 PM GMT
2 x 275 trebles shafty,please pay more attention to detail
Report chavman February 4, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
or PMATDYSC if i may be so succinct
Report Willie Shafter. February 4, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
2 x 275 = 550 ydc
Report chavman February 4, 2018 8:19 PM GMT
the bets were struck as 2 seperate entities however,hence the content of the question
Report dunlaying February 4, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
Daft ****
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
There’s always one isn’t there.had ten days in Benidorm in January a group of us go each year,got a weeks cruise,straight on to a 4 star hotel in Torramolinos then intend2 weeks in October to be decided this is just a spur of the moment treat from a very unexpected cash out .i have 30% Of Castle Hill Cassie with Ben Haslam just sold 12.5% of Rey Loopy also with Ben Haslam,own 11.25% in Made Of Honour with Karl Burke,also last week bought 5% of a 2 y/o cold by Muckadram also with Karl Burke these horses are with a syndicate called Ontoawinner,famous for quiet reflection sold for 2.1 million pounds recently,sadly I didn’t have a share in her
Report saddo February 4, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
Horses for courses willie. You can afford countless holidays and some hoss shares but choose to sit in a shed most days and spend fa on ya self.
Have a great time in Mexico donny rover.
Report cardenden February 4, 2018 8:30 PM GMT
cash them out,,order a hooker  ,,  have a threesome with your, you will remember that far more than any holiday.
Report cardenden February 4, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
with your wife..  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Report chavman February 4, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
remember you getting 2 or 3 winners in a fortnight donny with rey loopy and made of honour.

did you turn a profit from your connection with rey loopy as regards selling your share
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 8:53 PM GMT
Already had two
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
Only kidding about the two,of course(. Y was actually 3 lol )no I lost on him it had personal reasons fo selling him.He is a big sound horse with a good hcp mark on turf oneself think he will win early April,Castle Hill Cassie and Made Of Honour both entered next Saturday both will go close so long as M O H goes into the stalls we backed her from 16/1 into3/1 it jfav at Kempton five weeks ago e was a cast iron certainty but refused to go in the stalls.Now assed her stalls test but I’m not convinced she won’t repeat the bad behaviour.CHAVMAN,yes and Castle Hill Cassiewon at Pontefract the last race on the card the night Bannanarama was on she won in a photo I had a massive bet on her after playing up much of my winnings from Rey Loopy 14/1 and Made Of Honour up at Ayr at 6/4 sadly in Cassies rave sir Michealstoutes Horse was withdrawn at the start and 35% was withdrawn from winnings cost me just under 7 kin deductions mind you Of case he may of beat us especially as Cassie won in a photo and could easily of been disqualified for hanging she won a short head.She is a much strainer Filly now and looks a absolute pictur ,I was up at Bens last week he has a fabulous looking Filly up there by Nathaniel and if some of my many Multiples come in at Cheltenham then I’m going to buy big into herif she is still for sale that is
Report Deltâ February 4, 2018 9:16 PM GMT
saddo

Laugh
Report chavman February 4, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
sounds like a good night,did you get any selfies with bananarama
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 9:24 PM GMT
Ha would be nice,sadly I’m wheelchair bound because of my Motor Neurone desease and it was packed solid it was a red hot night on a Friday so the crowds were out in force
Report Willie Shafter. February 4, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
saddo making unsubstantiated insinuations of what i spend on myself..something he knows absolutely fccuk all about Crazy

be guessing ages at the local funfair shortly.
Report Willie Shafter. February 4, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
good luck with whatever you choose rover...but its a no brainer...if the money means anything then cash out.

if it doesnt then let it run.
Report Deltâ February 4, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
get off that nerve saddo ...
Report chavman February 4, 2018 9:29 PM GMT
as regards the stoute withdrawal donny 65% is better than 100% of f all mate
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
I agree Chatman I had all my family at Pontefract and won circa 12 k we had our photos took with Graham lee and the sponsor of the race got a glass decanter and a framed photo of Cassie for a prize,one of my best ever Racing memoies
Report chavman February 4, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
thats what small owners like yourself dream of mate,keep us posted when theyre gonna win next!Happy
Report duffy February 4, 2018 9:42 PM GMT
don’t owe any one a penny money is always a bit tight but we always get by

doesn't really sound like it if I'm honest...just saying!!
Report chavman February 4, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
humility is hardly the worst sin.

try 50 cans of bow a night
Report lewisham ranger February 4, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
just go all in.

you only live once Cool
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
Money is always a bit tight is subjective no mortgage is always a good start I must admit I’m always up and down regarding money but I always have my training fees put away in a separate account,so my day to day living is not excessive always remember there are no pockets in a shroud.many gamblers are up on day and down the next but when I have a decent bet up I always top up my stable fees account .Many on here seem to not believe me of course that is your prerogative and to be fair it bothers me not for those that do thank yo for showing a bit of interest in my Racing life
Report chavman February 4, 2018 10:21 PM GMT
tbf your later disclosures do somewhat dilute the relevance of your op,but you do seem a decent bloke.
Report chavman February 4, 2018 10:24 PM GMT
jarg account methinks
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 10:42 PM GMT
What’s a jarg account?
Report Willie Shafter. February 4, 2018 10:54 PM GMT
journal of assisted reproduction and genetics..
Report doncaster rover February 4, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
Oh thanks I’m a lot wiser now time for bed
Report jon b February 5, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
DR, cash out after 1st two have won, I'm hoping Samcro race before GC, would then cover holiday totally,   gl
Report s.kenbo February 5, 2018 3:20 PM GMT
You're making my mistake there, Jon (I think?). Mite Bite has already won his first leg (The King George on Boxing Day).
Report jon b February 5, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
ok good point, no cash out then simple, thought he had some big prices which were now so short that its s offering a big return without anything running yet, gl to DR anyway still, Samcro looks a right beast and bouv main challenger looks to have lost its sparkle
Report Rob_The_Bantam February 9, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
Horses for courses willie. You can afford countless holidays and some hoss shares but choose to sit in a shed most days and spend fa on ya self.

Post of the decade LaughLaughLaugh.

WS in tatters.
Report chavman February 9, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
one of the hosses runs tomorrow
Report doncaster rover February 9, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
Do you mean Made Of honour
Report doncaster rover February 9, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
Do you mean Made Of honour
Report chavman February 9, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
thats right donny,are you confident mate
Report doncaster rover February 9, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
Yes she’s a good thing and my other filly will win on Monday
Report chavman February 9, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
cheers
Report brassneck February 9, 2018 11:27 PM GMT
i should really not get involved in this thread but i would not sleep tonight without asking has the OP never heard of Florence.WELL florence and her namesake are doing very well.i would be worried that florence's sidekick will turn up in perfect health and then one of your selections will be in real trouble,so my advice is to cash out and check out florence on the music videos.you know what i mean harry.enjoy your holiday and i wish you well o.p.
Report mouse muldoon February 9, 2018 11:30 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fzuzNnRlOg
Report Magic__Daps February 10, 2018 9:01 AM GMT
GL Doncaster, expect some grief if it gets beat!!
Report Virgin February 10, 2018 9:22 AM GMT
I think I've missed a few episodes ....somehow I had images of a threesome [foursome] with Bananarama but Good Luck today Doncaster Rover if you still need it ....
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 10:29 AM GMT
Every one gets grief on here every one pulls you down if you say you have had a decent win,every one slags you off if you say you fancy your horse if it loses they lose a fiver and you have done a monkey or more,no one says you have to back it ,if it gets beat today I will be on the back foot on Monday with my other Filly,by the way Virgin I always need good luck.and good luck to any one who has a couple of bob on her today,her biggest danger is not going into the stalls,backed from 16/1 into 3/1 last time at Kempton and wouldn’t go into the stalls,
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
Other Filly not running on Monday now,
Report chavman February 10, 2018 11:47 AM GMT
ive had a bet on it donny,i doubt youll get any grief as youve been open and honest.its the bullsheisterers that get pulled up.

gl both of us today.
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
Five more minutes to countdown,hate being in the first race it makes it a long afternoon watching or attending the races
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
If they lose that is
Report chavman February 10, 2018 1:13 PM GMT
boooom!

wd mate
Report ashleigh February 10, 2018 1:13 PM GMT
well done dr. another holiday paid for.Cool
Report s.kenbo February 10, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
Nice one, Donny. Cool
Report buddeliea February 10, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
Well done indeed,and thanks for the tip.
Good luck monday as well.
Report Virgin February 10, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
Tell Wifey she should have let it run Wink
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:17 PM GMT
Chatman we kept the faith BOOOOOOOOOOOM
Report tanglefoot February 10, 2018 1:18 PM GMT
Thx Doncaster took the 4/1, Sp 5/2 bookies know how to squeeze the sp
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:18 PM GMT
Monday is non runner being saved now for valuable race at Newcastle
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:21 PM GMT
I got some at 6/1  5/1 9/2 4/1 and 3/1
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:21 PM GMT
I got some at 6/1  5/1 9/2 4/1 and 3/1
Report Deltâ February 10, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
wd d r
Report doncaster rover February 10, 2018 1:37 PM GMT
Thank you every one  if ever I fancy one of my 3 horses I have no problem letting you know,also keep abreast of the breeding and bloodstock page as I have been posting about my two fillies for more than a year
Report Callisto-moon February 10, 2018 2:46 PM GMT
Enjoy the holiday Doncaster!!
Report chavman February 13, 2018 6:24 PM GMT
cherry oak donny?
Report doncaster rover February 14, 2018 11:40 AM GMT
Good morning Chatman,my son owns part of Cherry Oak,and is traveling down to watch her tonight,we backed her at 11/2 last night but not for big money she is very well in herself and the Jockey is good.The draw of seven is a definite negative so we are hopeful rather than confident.my two filllies were entered for fri and one for Saturday the fri is anon runner And I expect Sat to be a N R too
Report doncaster rover February 14, 2018 11:41 AM GMT
Good morning Chatman,my son owns part of Cherry Oak,and is traveling down to watch her tonight,we backed her at 11/2 last night but not for big money she is very well in herself and the Jockey is good.The draw of seven is a definite negative so we are hopeful rather than confident.my two filllies were entered for fri and one for Saturday the fri is anon runner And I expect Sat to be a N R too
Report doncaster rover February 21, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
Cashed out first treble have had the offer increased from £2800 ish to £3265
Report chavman March 1, 2018 8:48 AM GMT
2 of yours out today donny,are big runs expected
Report chavman March 14, 2018 1:07 AM GMT
Report chavman March 14, 2018 1:11 AM GMT
it seems charity only goes one way
Report chavman March 14, 2018 1:17 AM GMT
stinks
Report doncaster rover March 14, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
I didn’t see your last posts untill this morning can’t understand the charity and stinks remarks ,if I did I would have said they have a chance but after long lay offs you can ever be sure,Couldn’t be confident but very hopeful,sorry if I’ve upset you chavman I never intend to cause offence
Report EastLower Gooner March 14, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
Hey Doncaster...good luck with whatever you do but got to be nice feeling being on a beach in Mexico with your wife with a rye smile knowing you got a bookmaker to pay for the trip.

Can’t you do a partial cash out so you still have something running on Samcro?
Report craigie69 March 14, 2018 9:56 AM GMT
good luck Doncaster samcro last part of my treble as well so everything is crossed
Report doncaster rover March 14, 2018 12:15 PM GMT
No I have cashed out enough for a five star holiday in Mexico the Rui Palace Las America’s,and going to let things ride ,going on the Dreamliner ,It’s always a better feeling spending money you have won rather than worked for
Report chavman March 16, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
well...................
Report ph. March 17, 2018 12:04 AM GMT
maybe you traded in running, no idea how short Might Bite traded for the bigger pick up but the place part looked after itself for a couple of nice bets, enjoy the trip
Report chavman March 17, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
doncaster rover 14 Mar 18 12:48
Up also nice singles on Rey Loopy and Castle Hill Cassie who I own 30% Of ,had 12.5% in Rey Loopy but sold that recently,also a nice double 5/1 and 8/1,just could do with Samcro now to put the icing on the cake

pity he didnt tell anyone else prerace
Report chavman March 17, 2018 12:07 AM GMT
barry?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now