Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cardifffc
14 Jan 18 11:35
| Topic/replies: 11,851 | Blogger: cardifffc's blog
could be hard to catch
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View acapella bourgeios.....2 miles
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 11:38 AM GMT
Why are they scrapping their plans of trying to turn him into a horse you drop in?

Far be it for me to question Willie Mullins but am perplexed with how they've campaigned this horse this year and how they've rode him in his races.
Report cardifffc January 14, 2018 11:42 AM GMT
not betting myself but would love to see him turn into a top 2 miler
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 11:44 AM GMT
Aye do like the horse myself
Report lead on January 14, 2018 11:46 AM GMT
take it the ground must be bottomless...just wonder if he's going to set the race up for Townshend..not on purpose, of course
Report The Dragon January 14, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
same here on today so hoping for a return after 2 losses from last 2 runs
Report gutfeeling January 14, 2018 2:35 PM GMT
Love the horse & just want a safe round of jumping, Going 2 mile pace with a stayer is a dangerous game.
Report ashleigh January 14, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
ODDS ON.Shocked
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 2:40 PM GMT
Their campaigning of this horse has been horrific this season ffs, between tactics and then entering him in this it beggars belief
Report TheFear January 14, 2018 2:41 PM GMT
the "genius" willie mullins? Wow
Report corruptus in extremus January 14, 2018 2:42 PM GMT
Clueless trainer
Report gutfeeling January 14, 2018 2:42 PM GMT
Disappoint him enough times and they'll sour him.
Report MJK January 14, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
Maybe Gary should do his job and ask Mullins why he refuses to let the horse lead, thus giving it no chance of winning.
Report cardifffc January 14, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
back to the drawing board.............probably just not that good
Report corruptus in extremus January 14, 2018 2:47 PM GMT
Horse wasn't fast enough to lead
Report 1st time poster January 14, 2018 2:48 PM GMT
very good when the other jocks give him a furlong start,otherwise  bog average
Report differentdrum January 14, 2018 2:48 PM GMT
I commented about the horse after the first run. It's as if Mullins has never seen the horse run before.

As ever he has done things his way and it has been a complete disaster. Nobody could have made a bigger mess of things.

Once wasn't really excusable but three times?

At least two and a half miles, front running with some cut in the ground. It appears any fool can see that except Mullins. That said, the horse might have gone.
Report carrot1960 January 14, 2018 2:49 PM GMT
The horse needs to move on before who ever is making the decision regarding trip and tactics ruin the horse completely.
Report differentdrum January 14, 2018 2:51 PM GMT
Gary's job is to keep every trainer and jockey onside. Never fails. I doubt whether he has ever asked a question they didn't want to hear .
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
Ignore his run in last years Ten Up as he is clearly nowhere near as good as that looked, he still has some fair form all over 20f. Lest remember he did win a grade 2 hurdle around Fairyhouse at the Easter meeting with a certain Our Duke in behind receiving 5lbs.
Report gutfeeling January 14, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
Bled...Hardly surprising.
Report BigField January 14, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
Disregarding the result today/injury, perhaps it hasn't been looking as impressive as expected because it's a handicap plot job for the festival?
Report ph. January 15, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
which Festival? March at Cheltenham hasn't been heavy since the early 80s. This hound is completely ground dependent.
Report differentdrum January 15, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
It is a chicken and egg thing with the bleeding. For all we know he could already have been beaten by the time that happened.

Well done Gary for asking the question although it sounded as if it was through gritted teeth and the last thing he asked.

The strange thing were the comments about Russell on De Plotting Shed, Willie seemingly suggesting that the horse was veering across the course to make things difficult for Saturnas. Isn't that what you call race riding? I think Willie has got too used to Walsh owning the rail. About time some of the others wised up and made things more difficult.
Report hulk23 January 16, 2018 9:38 AM GMT
an effortless 32 lengths better than road to respect on the ten up novice form.  that one's 8/1 for the gold cup so acapella should be about 6/4 ...

unless that race was a farce ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now