Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
equine flew
13 Jan 18 15:49
| Topic/replies: 3,000 | Blogger: equine flew's blog
Hmmmm. next time?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Ride on Gay Cavilier
Show More
Report tyred January 13, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
money was down today and lost,

habitual slow starter who prob needs further now !
Report Daryl Revok January 13, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
Would never have come back inside if money down, would have had same ride Jenkins horse in previous race. IMO, of course.
Report pumphol. January 13, 2018 7:13 PM GMT
No I think a mile & a half is too far, needs a fast run 10 furlongs to produce its best imo, before race was quite happy with jockey booking but that was disappointing, first time in that grade though I  still think there is a race in it & best chance I would have thought would be at Lingfield but the horse is a bit of a rouge.
Report pumphol. January 13, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
If you get the chance look at the ride on Nov 2nd at Lingfield
Report PHS January 13, 2018 8:48 PM GMT
Pump, rouge is something ladies used to put on their face. I think you mean rogue.
Report pumphol. January 13, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
Laugh your right PHS  I knew it looked odd as I posted, yes perhaps it was  the jockey then  looking at his compact & putting the rouge on in the straight Mischief
Report s.kenbo January 13, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
It's 'you're' you thicko! Wink
Report pumphol. January 13, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
Cry Wink
Report hong kong fooey January 14, 2018 10:40 AM GMT
I bet two in this race Betsalottie and Cavalier.I favoured
the former as it usually races closer to the pace.I agree with pumphol
A faster pace over this trip should do the trick
Report PHS January 14, 2018 12:45 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2018 -- 10:40AM, hong kong fooey wrote:

I bet two in this race Betsalottie and Cavalier.I favoured the former as it usually races closer to the pace.I agree with pumphol A faster pace over this trip should do the trick

Maybe, but ask yourself how often do you get a fast pace at Ling over 10f!

I'm with tyred, the horse is too slowly away at the start these days (we're talking a full second up to the 9f marker) and that's where it loses the race.

Report PHS January 14, 2018 12:45 PM GMT
...and yes, I know you said faster not fast
Report pumphol. January 14, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
I know what your saying PHS, but look at any of its last three wins, its slowly away & scrubbed along early doors, its just what it does but I agree its no advantage but when its with the pack early it means there dawdling which is no help to it.
Report pumphol. January 14, 2018 1:08 PM GMT
I've been following it for over two years now, obviously not backed it on every occasion but was on in Nov 15 possibly first time I backed it, it was well backed & well behind early doors, its usually always backed so like I have said if you do it right invariably your get a free bet out of it.
Report ProSniper January 21, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
(O_O)
Report equine flew January 25, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
Ok.. time after

Hope you were on pumphol
Report pumphol. January 25, 2018 1:58 PM GMT
Sadly not, wasn't even the track that put me off, sadly my judgement was it wanted ten furlongs   hold my hands up there got it badly wrong Sad
Report equine flew January 25, 2018 2:03 PM GMT
Same as, I had a significant amount 4 days ago but zilch today.
Report onlooker January 25, 2018 2:04 PM GMT
'Same as' ... It's practically all previous runs.

An habitual slow-starter.
Report pumphol. January 25, 2018 2:10 PM GMT
So many times in the past this jockey had not ridden a good race on the horse, before today a claimer has ridden the horse 34 times without winning on it, but like I said today it was just the distance that stopped me not the course or jockey.
Report equine flew January 25, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
Slow start not an issue for me Onlooker.  The horse has been handicapped to win for a while and was just trying to get on when it did.  I am convinced (by the ride) on the 13th the they did not want it that day.  I backed it next time... perhaps it ran into an improver that day.

I could mot back it today on Fibresand, given its soft ground form, and was waiting for next time.
Report Too Easy January 25, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
THEY were all on betsalottie that last day equine
Report DenzilPenberthy January 25, 2018 3:37 PM GMT
19:50 Epsom Downs
Thu 6 July 2017
Fast Cards

Watch Racing UK On Youview Now Handicap (Class 4)
    1m 2f 17y, Good (Good to Firm in places)
    10 Runners
    Winner£5,175.002nd£1,540.003rd£770.004th£385.00
    Surface: Turf

Weighed In
Racecard
Result
Winning time:2m 3.95sOff time:19:51:48
1st
Silver Ghost
59-7
6/4f
T: Eve Johnson HoughtonJ: Charles Bishop
Chased clear leading pair, ridden to lead over 1f out, ran on op 7/4
2nd
nk
Berrahri
79-1
20/1
T: J R BestJ: R Winston
In touch, ridden and headway over 2f out, chased winner entering final furlong, soon edged left, stayed on
3rd
nk
Thundering Blue
59-2
14/1
T: D MenuisierJ: P J Dobbs
Steadied start, in rear, ridden and ran on strongly final furlong, not reach leaders op 10/1
4th
1 ¾
Tripartite
59-0
7/1
T: J GaskJ: Adam Beschizza
Mid-division, ridden over 2f out, headway approaching final furlong, ran on, nearest finish op 8/1
5th
1 ¼
Jufn
59-7
14/1
T: J ButlerJ: T E Whelan
Led and soon clear with one other until headed over 4f out, ridden over 2f out, weakened final furlong op 12/1
6th
½
Compton Mill
69-6
8/1
T: H MorrisonJ: T J Murphy
In touch, ridden and headway over 2f out, one pace final furlong tchd 9/1
7th
1 ¾
The Gay Cavalier
78-10
11/1
T: J RyanJ: Jack Mitchell
Towards rear, ridden over 3f out, headway over 1f out, not clear run inside final furlong, not recover tchd 10/1 and tchd 12/1
8th
½
Storm King
99-9
7/1
T: D C GriffithsJ: Edward Greatrex (3)
Pressed clear leader until led over 4f out, soon came towards centre, ridden and headed over 1f out, weakening when hampered inside final furlong tchd 8/1
9th
3 ¾
Ladurelli
69-5
9/1
T: P F I ColeJ: William Carson
Towards rear, effort 2f out, weakened final furlong op 10/1 tchd 8/1
10th
Fort Jefferson
59-2
14/1
T: A M BaldingJ: Rob Hornby
Towards rear, weakened over 2f out, tailed off op 12/1
Non-Runners

I had big timefigures for this race and the form worked out accordingly though a big anomaly was The Gay Cavalier and I came to the conclusion that it badly needed a strong pace.
I backed the horse at biggish prices when I thought he might get that strong pace but didn't win usually an obvious eyecatcher,well done if you backed him today as he's now being retired to The British Racing School.
Report PHS January 25, 2018 4:53 PM GMT

Jan 25, 2018 -- 1:58PM, pumphol. wrote:

Sadly not, wasn't even the track that put me off, sadly my judgement was it wanted ten furlongs   hold my hands up there got it badly wrong

Takes a gent to admit they were wrong. Good on yer PumpWink (had the last between 3 last night, backed one and had an IR saver on another and the 3rd horse won).

Report pumphol. January 25, 2018 5:44 PM GMT
LOL PHS can I put my hands down now Wink
That's the problem of having a short list of more than two, you sort of know if you back two which of the three will win Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now