Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gpz6316
12 Jan 18 19:35
| Topic/replies: 460 | Blogger: gpz6316's blog
im just browsing through the lanzarote form . the good doctor richard newland has a horse entered in it called "le patriote" according to the racing post website with ladbroke as my betting guide he has been backed from 16-1 down to 7-1 then drifted back to 10s . you would think the doc has been prepping the horse for some time given the market move for it , yet rp states that newland only took delivery of the beast on the 8th of this month , so just a few days . so is the market move a load of hot air from a tipsters muppets or has newland had much more time with this horse than is being let on ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View T1 ( change of trainer )
Show More
Report gpz6316 January 12, 2018 7:42 PM GMT
wishfull dreaming moved the same day also from hobbs to olly . looks like hobbs may need a rocket up his richter as dianne whateley looks to be  losing patience with him
Report TheFear January 12, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
presuming youre not fishing the racing post only updates the trainer when an entry is made
Report AFTERTHOUGHT January 13, 2018 1:35 PM GMT
Cant trust them, there was a winner as Exeter from some lady trainer never heard off, after it won you find out it had been with Pipe for ages and moved to her about a week before the race. I suppose thats one way to get a better price for yer plots !
Report gpz6316 January 13, 2018 1:47 PM GMT
i wasnt phishing . i presumed  when the horse moved to the yard that would be the natural date logged when the change of trainer occurred . it certainly should be , thanks for the imfo .
Report TheFear January 13, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
no problem. logistically i think it would be hard for them to know when a horse moved on every ocassion. Although they should be able to do a better job when it's bought at a public sale.
Report gpz6316 January 13, 2018 3:29 PM GMT
hmm why dont the authorities  just say . when did the horse join your stable sir ? then if they,re found to be lying they can be punished . simple as that imo
Report onlooker January 13, 2018 4:11 PM GMT
I would think that the Authorities will know when a horse changes stables.

Surely Notification will be a condition of the Trainers Licence - BOTH the receiving stable, AND the previous stable... such information simply not being made public by the BHA/Weatherbys - until an entry is made, via Weatherbys, for  the horse BY the NEW stable.

I am fairly sure there is, or at least used to be, a Rule whereby a horse had to be in a new yard for at least 14 days before it could run in a race, and not from just when it was entered/declared to run.

Of course, there are many tales of such a scenario being abused in the past- as it is hard to imagine, off the top of your head, just how it could be regularly rigorously policed on a daily and continual basis.

More research needed.
Report gpz6316 January 13, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
im saying to ask the question " when did the horse arrive at your stable  " we struggle to police the streets , so i wouldnt expect such scrutiny . just ask them to give a date and if controversy arises it can be looked into
Report onlooker January 13, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
^ as I posted ...

'Surely Notification will be a condition of the Trainers Licence - BOTH the receiving stable, AND the previous stable' ....... to INFORM the AUTHORITIES - so there will/would be no need to - "ask the  question"

If Notification (at the time of the Stable change) is not, currently, a requirement, and compulsory - then it most certainly should be.
Report gpz6316 January 13, 2018 4:47 PM GMT
ya onlooker youre saying it to be part of paperwork , im saying just ask the question , then they have to be truthful or lie . if its in the paperwork its a discrepancy . like this " sir your declaring a runner in the 3.15 at such and such with a horse that hasnt run with you before . when did you receive the horse into your care ? "
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now