Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
11 Jan 18 16:27
| Topic/replies: 13,403 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
From Dancing On Ice.Shocked
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Chapman Axed...
Show More
Report Johnny_Mustang January 11, 2018 4:44 PM GMT
Yeeehaaa.

WAC
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 11, 2018 4:44 PM GMT
DOI this, DOI that....blah, blah, blah. Do you hear presenters of other sports going on about other things they are involved in?
Report Aladdin Sane January 11, 2018 4:49 PM GMT
When he’s got his “serious” head on I like listening to Matt Chapman as he’s clearly very knowledgable in relation to many aspects of racing.
I do, however, find him excruciating when he starts playing the buffoon and/or when he’s commentating. I don’t watch, and have never watched Dancing On Ice, but if his commentaries were anything like the ones he does for Towcester Greyhounds then I’m glad I refrained from watching..
Report TheFear January 11, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
Tin tac :(
Report FOYLESWAR January 11, 2018 4:54 PM GMT
they gave him a good run at it tho!
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 11, 2018 4:54 PM GMT
Completely agree with you. I was actually glad he got the ITV because he's a knowledge guy and is mildly amusing at times. But on ITV he's well OTT
Report mouse muldoon January 11, 2018 4:55 PM GMT
Are the DOI viewers unable to locate their mute buttons?
Report hulk23 January 11, 2018 4:55 PM GMT
lucky not many witnessed his sad fall from grace ... only 8.6 million at its peak, or 13% of the population
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 11, 2018 4:56 PM GMT
Feckin 'ell Laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlgV2Tds4VY
Report sparrow January 11, 2018 4:57 PM GMT
I was also glad he got the ITV job as that meant I could enjoy the racing a little more on ATR.
Report mouse muldoon January 11, 2018 4:59 PM GMT
Whippin Piccadilly

Feckin 'ell Laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlgV2Tds4VY

Dunno what the feck that's all about but it's not in the same league as Tommo at the Crown Hotel, Bawtry.
Report saddo January 11, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
Comments section still empty on the Mirror, shirley someone on hear has an account?
Report differentdrum January 11, 2018 5:55 PM GMT
He lasts 5 minutes outside of racing's bubble. Now they see what we have to put up with day in day out.

Quite an achievement to get sacked so quickly.

First the Faugheen disaster - you could see how he visibly struggled to cope with that - and now this. Ego crushed. Chances of anything similar not much better than zero. 

For his short period of employment we didn't seem to get much respite so no downside to the story.
Report duffy January 11, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
Just like when he finally got a chance at commentating, he's his own worst enemy, went straight to his head and couldn't control himself, thinking world domination was imminent.
Report differentdrum January 11, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
Just reading now that he is saying that he quit rather than being sacked. Yes, you can really see him just deciding to give up on the chance of stardom. What a muppet.
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 11, 2018 6:31 PM GMT
He was tweeting about DOI literally within minutes of poor Starchitect's final race at Cheltenham. Just tells you everything you need to know about who he's become. Why can't ITV accept real racing fans don't care about DOI or Xfactor or any of the other celebrity pricks they feel the need to wheel onto the show in an attempt to make horse racing more mainstream & "hip" Make the show about the ACTUAL racing and nothing else, that's the way you get people loving the game and if they still don't love it? So be it. They have DOI & Xfactor to keep the dullards entertained.
Report differentdrum January 11, 2018 6:43 PM GMT
Agreed, but how many years have we been drowning in celebrity culture? For many years now they have been making cheap television using the general public and then they think they are celebrities. X Factor has never been anything but glorified karaoke. The music industry died when that programme started. What passes for entertainment these days is a complete joke.
Report roggrain January 11, 2018 7:14 PM GMT
The slippery slope ?
Report xmoneyx January 11, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
I used to love #DancingOnIce and was excited for it coming back. BUT...this has been disappointing. Clumsy links, awful shouty v/o man,
Report xmoneyx January 11, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
James Jordan
@The_JamesJordan
·
7 Jan
Just caught up with @dancingonice and apart from the commentator I loved it!
Report xmoneyx January 11, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
Gemski 80
@gemmawatson1980
·
7 Jan
So glad #DancingOnIce is back but seriously that commentator needs to go he's ruining it
Report xmoneyx January 11, 2018 7:21 PM GMT
Not feeling #DancingOnIce not sure if its the commentator or the judges
Report xmoneyx January 11, 2018 7:22 PM GMT
Racing Post
@RacingPost
·
1h
"We are surprised by the decision, but it is an internal matter at ITV and we move on
Report MJK January 11, 2018 7:47 PM GMT
So ITV are able to ditch him because of adverse public reaction. Yet they and the racing channels deem it a acceptable for racing viewers to have to listen to him and the other insufferables because we don't count? Sad thing is that Chapman will get even worse now instead of toning it down, because that's who he is, he's right and everyone else who disagrees with him is wrong. He can't even speak normally anymore, he has to shout just to make sure he's heard over everyone else. Let's see what he and Ed
Chamberlain come up with now, or will they continue with their constant PR for each other.
Report hulk23 January 11, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
racing look after their own.  dancing on ice isn't racing ...
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND January 11, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Do not really watch DOI. However, is this some sort of publicity stunt by DOI, or has something else happened. Were they aware what he is like before
hiring him...yes.  Did act he different to what you expected....no.
Why was he not given a few weeks to fine tune?
Something fishy about all this.IMHO.
Report hulk23 January 11, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
they knew, but the public reaction was indifferent.  most people don't know who matt chapman is.

flagship itv show, all about ratings.  jeopardise them and you're toast ...
Report mouse muldoon January 11, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
The dc thought it was his ticket to the big time, probably thought he was one step away from hosting the royal wedding.
Report differentdrum January 11, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
Sacking someone that nobody's heard of - terrific publicity stunt? He was sacked because he was seen as being no good. You have to be pretty bad for people to accept they have made a mistake so quickly.
Report Storm Alert January 11, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
I just watched DOI on catch up to see what he did wrong.  Horrible low quality SCD rip off I wont be watching again.  However I cant really work out what he did that warranted axing after one show just a few missteps racing comments, but really nothing that bad.  Or maybe I just got used to him....
Report hulk23 January 11, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
to be fair i know people that watch it, don't know who he is and thought he was ok ..
Report Poppydog. January 11, 2018 9:00 PM GMT
A bit shocked by the vitriolic reaction on here.

Tend to feel a bit of sympathy for anyone, who would get sacked by an employer, without any real chance of gaining knowledge or development.
Poor guy must be crushed.
Report hulk23 January 11, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
he'll be feeling better after that dig in the ribs from weaver then .. Shocked
Report mouse muldoon January 11, 2018 9:11 PM GMT
Do they really need three would-be Partridges at Chelmsford all at once?
Report flapper January 11, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
Darren Owen would be perfect for the Dancing on Ice commentary role - how come no-one put him forward?
Report differentdrum January 11, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
Yes, we should all feel really sorry for an egomaniac who probably only has another 20 jobs. Is there anybody on the train with just one job?
Report RothmanMike January 11, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
The entire blame for Chapman on ITV,Chapman on ATR,Chapman on TV generally,lies at the feet of those who selected him for these roles.
They are the real imbeciles who have no excuse as the blokes reputation precedes him,and they know the dangers before appointing him.
No one in their right mind would entertain the bloke.
ITV dodged a bullet but will probably cost them a few quid unless he was given a probationary period to see how he performed.
Future Employees BEWARE.
Report know all January 11, 2018 11:55 PM GMT
If he was on a million contract he would have not been axed shame you need more than 1 appearance to get it right it looks like they paid the contract up so he might have done it for a reasonable fee to get the exposure for bigger things to come and it hasn't paid off imo
Report saddo January 12, 2018 12:12 AM GMT
You can't polish a turd.
Report sparrow January 12, 2018 8:01 AM GMT
"bigger things to come"   Laugh
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND January 12, 2018 8:40 AM GMT
As some have already pointed out, they knew what they were getting. However, so sad that he has failed, and some people appear to be getting their
jollies.
Other than being sexist or racist at work , I get no fun out of someone losing their job. The guy must know a lot of people on here personally,
and turned them all over, judging by some of the comments. For those people on here who work in the outside world, imagine what some of your colleagues think
of you? Bet you would love it aired on here.
A lot of People living over here....................love failure.
Report irishone January 12, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
very good point ASF , chapman strives for marmite recognition, thats what brings in the viewers.
cant remember who said there was no such thing as bad publicity

then theres the personal side , clear mismudgements with DOI , johnny gee and here at galway races

losing a job hurts , moreso when you realise a slimy agent manipulated him into it
Report ribotman January 12, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
Shame thread title wasn't literal.
Report differentdrum January 12, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
There may be a degree of sadness when someone loses a job which they depend upon. That isn't the case at all here. He took the job to promote himself.

Those who make these sort of shows are very sensitive to viewing figures so they obviously didn't think 'he would bring in the viewers'. Presumably, quite the opposite.

I wonder if the presenters and judges found his ego too much as well?
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
great news........bring the git down a peg or two
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 11:00 AM GMT
we all said he was going to **** up...........he hasn't let us down
Report saddo January 12, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
He clearly has marmite qualities, as mentioned above, so really not surprising that half his audience run a mile.
Report lead on January 12, 2018 11:11 AM GMT
Let's hope ITV Racing follow suit...they must feel slightly embarrassed that they've still got him
Report TheFear January 12, 2018 11:24 AM GMT
schaudenfraude central on here,,,
Report mouse muldoon January 12, 2018 11:44 AM GMT
I hope he bounces back soon and finds another 3 jobs to keep him in his habit.
Report Autocue January 12, 2018 11:56 AM GMT
A shame to see the guy sacked after only one episode due to sad b@stards on twitter (and some of the same following through on here). Obviously weak management on ITV to allow mob rule.
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 12:01 PM GMT
autocue never watched him..................NAP
Report sparrow January 12, 2018 12:12 PM GMT
Amazing that a horseracing forum concerns itself with Ice Skating Dance programmes.
Report GEORGE.B January 12, 2018 12:14 PM GMT
In the words of Matt Goss: When will I, will I be famous?

Unlucky Matt, crossbar.

I think there is a place for Matt on mainstream telly, presenting some crap (imo) like Take Me Out, or Catchphrase.
Report jmdc January 12, 2018 12:15 PM GMT
Headlines in the Racing Post sparrow!
Report impossible123 January 12, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
Yeah......best news of the week! His presence on ITV Racing is sufficiently testing and taxing, but totally out of his depth and knowledge on Dancing On Ice. Good riddance, there is only so much a viewer can tolerate.
Report sparrow January 12, 2018 12:29 PM GMT
jmdc    12 Jan 18 12:15 
Headlines in the Racing Post sparrow!

But people on here pride themselves on claiming never to read the Racing Post!
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 12:48 PM GMT
I used to like matt.............think when  I started watching ON THE LINE I realised that matt had it in his mind he was always right and only his opinion was important.............even when he was badly wrong he still wouldn't admit it.............then being on ITV made him even worse
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 12:51 PM GMT
people say matt never sits on the fence ...........that's ok but let others have their opinion.........we have been betting long enough to know you are wrong far more times than you are right
Report wondersobright January 12, 2018 1:24 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2018 -- 11:24AM, TheFear wrote:

schaudenfraude central on here,,,

Laugh agree

although I have to admit to joining in with it with chapman

Report impossible123 January 12, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
It is presenters like Chapman a reason yours truly is cheesed-off with the majority present day racing presenters who think they speak gospel just because they are provided with the platform to do so eg Channel 4, RUK, ATR and now ITV Racing. Some of them would speak absolute tripe daily to fill airtime to please employers,...worse than what have been posted here.
Report saddo January 12, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
I have no argument with what he says. I can never take it in, the content is always swamped with the racket he makes, like Cilit Bang man.
Report BARROWBOY January 12, 2018 1:46 PM GMT
he was no tony gubba.
Report ima_mazed66 January 12, 2018 4:19 PM GMT
The ITV/DOI viewing figures are much higher than ATR'S or ITV's racing viewing figures and therefore the audience size seeing adverts during breaks in broadcasting will differ too. If anything affects the size of that larger audience then action will seemingly be taken.

I also don't generally like to see someone lose their job either but it's a bit different here as opposed to when the average person does.
Report geoff m January 12, 2018 4:36 PM GMT
Surprised he got the gig. But once they gave him the post @ least give him a fair crack of the whip.
WTF did they expect from him in the 1st place, they surely knew he is like marmite and there would be some backlash.
The 1s who gave him the job in the 1st place should be fired with him. They couldnt pick cones outta a pine tree.
Report geordie1956 January 12, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
I never watch these reality / novelty shows so no idea whether DOI is good, bad or indifferent
However,  I presume the production team took the action they have because there jobs are on the line if it fails....on that basis you eliminate who you consider the weakest link in the hope of improving the show
Anyone who appears on TV knows the bottom line are the viewing ratings & are reawrded accordingly so no sympathy from me as Chapman will have received a hefty payment up front...the medium of TV rewards success and falure is tolerated by wannabes
Report cardifffc January 12, 2018 4:44 PM GMT
says he quit himself.........find it hard to believe matt give any job up
Report Oldgit1 January 12, 2018 4:56 PM GMT
So we don't believe that The Sun newspaper that said he has “decided to hang up my skates, leave the rink and return to the turf”.
http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/who-is-dancing-on-ice-commentator-matt-chapman-11364242822991
Report MJK January 12, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
His own agent obviously didn't read the script about him 'quitting', judging by his comments in the Post... Once again Chapman, in his own world, can't take the truth.
Report ashleigh January 13, 2018 9:38 AM GMT
sam matterface got his job, him the ex of natalie sawyer.Love
Report cardifffc January 13, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
think he has read the forum.........subdued less arrogant
Report Deptford January 13, 2018 9:45 AM GMT
Horrible vile man
Report cardifffc January 13, 2018 9:47 AM GMT
someone like sam matterface would have been a good choice to start with........proven track record..........matt was a gamble that was almost sure to  go tits up
Report differentdrum January 13, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
He was subdued for 5 minutes after Faugheen lost. Don't worry the phoney act will no doubt return.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 13, 2018 10:14 AM GMT
To call someone a vile man is just plain stupid, you may not like him but to chose those words with no back up is just cheap and unjust.
Report cardifffc January 13, 2018 10:22 AM GMT
this matt is ok but you are probably right a leopard cancan its spots
Report cardifffc January 13, 2018 10:23 AM GMT
cant*
Report Aladdin Sane January 13, 2018 10:24 AM GMT
Whether we agree with the decision to let Matt go from DOI or not, it shows that the programme makers seemed to, at least,  listen to some of their viewers comments and acted.  Compare that to coverage of racing where, no matter how many negative comments there are about certain individuals (there’s currently a thread running not far away from this one about one in particular), it appears that nobody listens (or if they do, they don’t really care).
As many have stated before - once you’re aboard that gravy train and a bona fide member of the club then it seems that you’re untouchable..
Report saddo January 13, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
If he softened his volume, and that pointy thing on his head, he would not be nearly as annoying.
Report Deptford January 13, 2018 11:23 AM GMT
Er, no back up? Big mouth me me. his opinion is all that matters,horrible vile creature
Report EVILROYSLADE January 13, 2018 12:29 PM GMT
I watched a bit of DOI and thought the only decent thing on it was Chapman! The rest was awful!!! I will be amazed if the viewing figures achieve a quarter of the previous. Should be scrapped!
Report acey deucy January 13, 2018 12:32 PM GMT
Over Four Thousand views Shocked.....That's a record for one of my freds.Happy
Report sparrow January 13, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
acey deucy    13 Jan 18 12:32 
Over Four Thousand views Shocked.....That's a record for one of my freds

Can't go wrong on here with a fred about media people acey. The forum has always preferred talking about them to horse racing. Plain
Report acey deucy January 13, 2018 12:47 PM GMT
Sad but true sparrow.
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND January 13, 2018 1:01 PM GMT
Implied this earlier, I am surprised at people in this Country who get off on someones failure. Yes, you can say someone is carp
at this that and the other, however, in this Country, mob mentality kicks in so quick.
Do not watch DOI, however asked people who do, and said he was ok. Remember he was filling shoes that would be hard to fill. I am surprised
anyone watches TV, it appears everyone is hated. Fence sitter...........too opinionated etc etc Nobody is right. Part of the blame is the blanket coverage
on TV.
Report sparrow January 13, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
Chapman, Fitz, ITV, Tanya, Clare, Hayley..........Guaranteed hundreds of replies week in week out..........Sad
Report MJK January 13, 2018 1:11 PM GMT
He saus this morning that the programme had 'amazing' viewing figures. Can anyone confirm? Knowing him though he's just saying that so when the figures drop, as they usually do in these programmes, he'll think to himself that it's because they didn't keep him.
Report acey deucy January 13, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
Just watching the repeat on itv now to see how bad he must have been.Plain
Report jmdc January 13, 2018 1:36 PM GMT
I think it was 8.6 MJK.  There is a certain type of person in the UK who only watches the appalling ITV junk and never switches over, even when they are sitting there in their pyjamas with their dinner on a tray in their lap.
Report saddo January 13, 2018 1:44 PM GMT
I quite like Goggle Box, but am always mystified at the enthusiasm they display for programmes which are often a load of pony.
Report jmdc January 13, 2018 1:48 PM GMT
Gogglebox is C4 saddo.
Report saddo January 13, 2018 1:54 PM GMT
It contains clips from all channels. A lot of them are in the vein of DOI and quite awful, but these people seem to love it all.
Report MJK January 13, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
Thanks jmdc. I avoid reality tv and soaps myself. Didn't have a bet on Wednesday but watched Minder, On The Buses and Rising Damp instead. Great to watch tv shows before the pc brigade ruined tv.
Report terry mccann January 13, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
bitter lot u"sSad
Report acey deucy January 13, 2018 3:11 PM GMT
Just watched the carp(Between Races Grin)....Hard to see what Chapman done wrong and whoever Sacked him is a proper whanker imho......Disgraceful Decision.
Report jmdc January 13, 2018 3:16 PM GMT
Didn't fit with the typical pleb ITV viewer.  Ant & Dec would have been perfect, or even the squirming O'Leary.
Report acey deucy January 13, 2018 3:23 PM GMT
True.Plain
Report sparrow January 13, 2018 6:14 PM GMT
Sounds to me like he fitted in perfectly.
Report TheFear January 18, 2018 8:36 PM GMT
he's stopping trains tonight :D
Report TheFear January 18, 2018 9:05 PM GMT
to be fair him and weaver been entertaining what I seen tonight
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now