Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ghh
04 Dec 17 18:42
| Topic/replies: 1,321 | Blogger: ghh's blog
Good, bad or average.

Didn't win the broadcaster of the year, but fronting ITV Racing for a year. Has he made a successful transition from football.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View How is Ed Chamberlin doing a year on?
Show More
Report equine flew December 4, 2017 7:09 PM GMT
Likeable, enthusiastic and polished.  Him and Cumani have got good chemistry.

You will never please folk on here but I really like the ITV racing.
Report blackbarn December 4, 2017 7:49 PM GMT
Very good for me!  I have no particular wish for the lead-person (see what I did there) to be an expert, but he does his research and comes over as reasonably well-informed.  I do think he need more help from his "experts" though, or perhaps better expertsWink.
Report thelatarps December 4, 2017 8:24 PM GMT
What i will say is this.
When you are losing on the horses the last thing you want to see is the presenting team whooping it up about how great a performance it is by the winner.
Peter O'Sullevan always said his unique commentary style was down to his understanding that the majority of his audience would doubtless be on a loser. He never wanted to be thought of as triumphalist.
What gets on my wick is this idea that all punters are ecstatic when the favourite wins.
Even in some huge 30 runner handicap we are all supposed to be joyful when some rank bad value jolly goes in.
Fluck off with that.
Report blackbarn December 4, 2017 8:32 PM GMT
thelatarps.....

"When you are losing on the horses the last thing you want to see is the presenting team whooping it up about how great a performance it is by the winner.   ACTUALLY THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT, IF THE PERFORMANCE JUSTIFIES THE HYPE.

O'Sullevan always said his unique commentary style was down to his understanding that the majority of his audience would doubtless be on a loser. He never wanted to be thought of as triumphalist.  I WOULDN'T HAVE MUCH DOUBT THAT HE HAD SYMPATHY WITH THAT VIEW BUT ARE YOU SURE HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT?

What gets on my wick is this idea that all punters are ecstatic when the favourite wins. Even in some huge 30 runner handicap we are all supposed to be joyful when some rank bad value jolly goes in. Fluck off with that.
Report jmdc December 4, 2017 8:44 PM GMT
Did Lydia win Broadcaster Of The Year, cos she should have done?
Report Deltâ December 4, 2017 8:45 PM GMT
got an annoying tooth ...
Report mouse muldoon December 4, 2017 11:26 PM GMT
He's down 6 figs.
Report asparagus December 5, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
Luke won broadcaster of the year.
Report asparagus December 5, 2017 12:48 PM GMT
As for Ed imo he does a brilliant job. ITV are lucky to have such an excellent broadcaster with a passion for racing fronting the coverage. Along with Francesca they make the programme excellent viewing. Of course there are a few issues with some of the team but none of us are ever going to approve of everyone. ITV is a massive step up on the old channel 4 coverage.
Report MuayThaiClyde December 6, 2017 9:49 AM GMT
Chamberlin went a bit OTT with the sky sports style of everything being MAGNIFICENT, but seems to have toned that down a little bit. Overall he comes across well and lends the show an air of professionalism that channel 4 had long since lost despite Lucks best efforts.
I like Hoiles, more than just a commentator.
Oli Bell is a bit 'tim nice but dim', like a little boy lost most of the time and obviously where he is via the nepotism train
Chapman is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is and tries too hard to be McCricick when handing out tellings off to pissheads playing up behind the camera.
Cumani is a class act all round, shame we lose her during the winter.
Plunkett... want to throw my tv out of the window every time she turns up either fawning left, right and centre or being the condescending mum.
Weaver is informative and good to listen to, never afraid to stoke a debate.
Harvey just seems like a good sort, gets the conversation going and not afraid to laugh at himself which is always endearing.
Fitzgerald... i've always had a feeling he'd be a cracking laugh to go for a few drinks with but that's where it ends for me. Nothing to be said that hasn't already had 10000 threads.

Can't remember who else there is
Report lovegod December 6, 2017 10:36 AM GMT
I think they could with less 'experts', sometimes its Ed with three of them looking forward or back at the racing and none of them get the time to put across their views.

Nothing to do with Ed but they only seem to look at the runners for the next race about two minutes before the off.

Also less features between races would be good.

Re Chapman and the p*ssheads, why does he have to out and about, why can't he just give the odds as they happen.

Think ITV should have a **** of the Day award to the biggest idiot pulling faces etc behind the presenters.
Report dunlaying December 6, 2017 12:18 PM GMT
He is not up to the job. Weaver is competent.
Report duncan idaho December 6, 2017 12:50 PM GMT
the show is badly missing Tanya's professionalism
Report lovegod December 6, 2017 3:51 PM GMT
Her professionalism as in can't pronounce names and use simple English?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now