Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheFear
13 Nov 17 20:16
| Topic/replies: 6,561 | Blogger: TheFear's blog
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/13/mp-bha-concerns-hughie-morrison-case

Rust hits the nail on the head.... "Chumocracy"
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MP poking his nose in on the Hughie...
Show More
Report TheFear November 13, 2017 8:33 PM GMT
Is Hughie a good egg? Does he need another good egg to come to his rescue. The old boys' network in full flow,,,
Report Ramruma November 14, 2017 3:12 AM GMT
Old boys network? We all have MPs.

Surely the MP is right that the wheels of justice are grinding slowly. As the Guardian reminds us: Our Little Sister tested positive in January, charges were issued in May and yet there is still no sign of a panel convening to hear the case.
Report TheFear November 14, 2017 10:29 AM GMT
Morrison has a Tory MP,,, as a father ;)
Report TheFear November 14, 2017 10:30 AM GMT
Purely coincidental, obviously.
Report TheAnorak November 14, 2017 10:43 AM GMT
I know the standard required to be an MP isn't that high these days, but I'm not sure the electorate are going to vote for a corpse. His father died at least ten years ago, and could never have been an MP, as he sat in the House of Lords.

Still, why let the facts get in the way of a bit of toff bashing eh?
Report TheFear November 14, 2017 10:47 AM GMT
I'm not a journalist the anorak why should i spend hours researching it. His family have been Tory MPs, working out which one is the hon lord margdale and which one isn't is quite difficult. Did his father go to the Royal Agricultural College or not? And did MP Benyon? I think so. I also think MPs trying to influence things unfairly is the issue here but if you think it's toff bashing c'est la vie.
Report TheFear November 14, 2017 10:51 AM GMT
Major John Granville Morrison, 1st Baron Margadale, TD, DL (16 December 1906 – 25 May 1996) was a British landowner and Conservative Party politician. An MP from 1942 to 1965, he notably served as Chairman of the 1922 Committee between 1955 and 1964.

ok it was his grandfather, forgive me
Report dunlaying November 14, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
Hahahaha
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now