Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cork Langer
16 Jun 17 01:01
| Topic/replies: 4,957 | Blogger: Cork Langer's blog
Have challenged the self proclaimed King of Speed ratings to post them on here before post time on Sunday, so don't squander all your dough beforehand, as he will no doubt provide us with the 1/2/3 in the correct order, given his level of confidence and belief in his own ability to calculate the necessary (are you taking note Johnny M...!).

My gift to him if he posts and is successful will be total abstinence from any thread he posts.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Prix de Diane - Speed ratings
Show More
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 1:20 AM BST
johnny has inflicted the pain of getting inside info and not heading  advice

i al give u a clue gosdons horse has zero chance want be placed
Report big aitch June 16, 2017 8:35 AM BST
Johnny zadał ból z dostaniem się do informacji, a nie porady

I al dać u koniuszka gosdons wskazówka ma zero szanse chcesz być umieszczone

Thought I would try translating it to Polish, but it still makes no sense
Report big aitch June 16, 2017 8:38 AM BST
translated it back to English, it makes more sense now than the original,

Johnny had pain with getting into the information and not the advice

I al give u tips tip gosdons has zero chance you want to be placed
Report gutfeeling June 16, 2017 3:34 PM BST
Just so we're clear about this..

Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 6:28 PM BST
reminds me of school and the ones that can't learn and can't work anything out start to disrupt class
somethings never change Cry
Report Willie Shafter. June 16, 2017 6:31 PM BST
what about spelling?
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 7:11 PM BST
u taking the rise stevie u know i have slight dyspraxia/dyslexia google it 90 % of NASA genius  have it

french horses are very poor for a group 1  i think Rhododendron is miles a head
on the clock the gosdon horse seems to just do enough but has yet to get clock watchers dancing Tongue Out 15/8 cd look very good on sunday
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 7:24 PM BST
heres  host cork just logged on before u as bet -365 15/8 want last
Report gutfeeling June 16, 2017 7:29 PM BST
I assume you have a database similar to the one I've posted below Mart only for the French courses given how seriously you take this subject.
Any chance you could post the standard times you work from for Enghien, Nantes & Avignon please.
It's not like you'll be giving much away as there's 260 courses spread across the country, Thanks :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3rVp0WNvwn8anUySlNvSjN1bXM/view
Report Cork Langer June 16, 2017 7:35 PM BST
Excitement building in anticipation of the speed ratings for all 16 runners being posted and the opportunity to study the intricate mindset and workings of the French racing clock genius
Report Willie Shafter. June 16, 2017 7:38 PM BST
foysdc's..mart doesnt know the tyre inflation figures for the mini.
Report Magic__Daps June 16, 2017 7:39 PM BST
More chance of p1ssing in the Queens handbag Gutty and Corky....

What rating is Rhododendron and Shutter Speed?
Report Cork Langer June 16, 2017 7:43 PM BST
I am 500 miles away and I can here the tick-tocking, as if he were next door ...!
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 7:51 PM BST
its a bit like willy trying to post a pre race winner nothing to do with coarse i presume u take the ave time of each track not me any track al long as i have the going and dist
gutty wich french horse has posted the best speed figure on your speed ratings

be interesting if it close to mines
Report geoff m June 16, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Call me a cynic . But I wouldnt wait up for the speed guru providing his own data.
Report Cork Langer June 16, 2017 7:58 PM BST
No cheating or guidance, has to be your own workings, then the rest can add their own afterwards if they wish to
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:03 PM BST
another interesting thing i noticed if you get 2 middle dis runners having posted identical speed figures one over 1m2 and one over 1 m4    from experience as long as theirs a half decent pace
the 1m4 horse win 9/ times out 10 i presume this reflects the fact that it can sustain a speed rating over 2 f further than the 1m 2 horse but you also need to allow plus figures if said horse has won on the bridle, or exhilarated near finish with a burst of pace

if the heavens opened up i wd be kicking down the doors to back Kitesurf ew 16s by far the best time on g/ soft of the home team seams to thrive with cut but a very nice time last run over 1m4 all the same

but the 2 english horse look a cut above here
Report Irish are lucky June 16, 2017 8:06 PM BST
What ratings have ya mart

Post em up and i back em :)
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:08 PM BST
Rhododendron 94

Shutter Speed  90 [plus] best speed rating by far was achieved with cut

Kitesurf  86  cd easly get a place if heavens open and fast pace

Terrakova 85 [plus] looks like it can achieve a higher rating not fully extended 
the rest
have under 80 figures not even worth a mention CryBlush
Report gutfeeling June 16, 2017 8:10 PM BST
I don't do my own or use speed ratings Mart, Bit too time consuming for someone like myself but am interested in French racing hence me asking as would be nice to know the standard times for future reference
Picked up 1 from a claimer there a few months ago and the boys who brought it rely solely on times/ speed ratings for their gambles so I thought I could check your times against their work over the last 18 odd years and of course look at what drew them to the horse with your guidance.
Report Cork Langer June 16, 2017 8:11 PM BST
Complex process ial, the e.t.a could be anytime prior to 3.00 Sunday, the french clocks are being studied as we type, that is only a quarter of the field, where is the other three quarters...
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:14 PM BST
conclusion if it remains good the fav will be very hard to topple
but if the heavens open cd bring them much closer together
have to say i expected a stronger home team
its like cat and mouse if the ground stays good fav will be 11/8
but if it comes up soft i wd not bet it heavy i wd have the kitesurf ew at 16s
the ground can stop a train just rem that when making a formal choice
good luck all even u cork
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:21 PM BST
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=weather+chantilly+france&oq=weathe+chanty+france+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l4.11299j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

its f/c 31 deg and sunny sunday we have the answer now Excited
Report Irish are lucky June 16, 2017 8:22 PM BST
So just back the fav is it mart
Report Irish are lucky June 16, 2017 8:36 PM BST
Oh right

You dont lok at prices LaughLaughLaugh

Do you believe yer own sh!t
Report Magic__Daps June 16, 2017 8:46 PM BST
Don't look at prices? Most ridiculous comment I have seen on here, so you would back the fav at 1/2 then?
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:48 PM BST
yes  its not the best race perhaps u might want to look nearer home son
for a winner Extrasensory  Cool
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:48 PM BST
i ment for speed rating ya **** magic
Report Cork Langer June 16, 2017 8:52 PM BST
Count to ten lad, you can't afford to lose another one...
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 8:53 PM BST
this must be a new  mensa speed rating formula i ain familiar with magic care to enlighten me as to how one calculates the speed of a horse by price  LaughLaugh

the only speed u needed was the clock on that bicycle when u ran around the shops placing bets
LaughLaughLaugh i bet you went through a few red lights that day LaughLaughLaugh
Report Magic__Daps June 16, 2017 8:53 PM BST
Calm down son, all you posted was "I do not look at prices".

Also Why do your speed ratings have extremely similar figures to the maiden hurdlers from the other day in Ireland?
Report Magic__Daps June 16, 2017 8:57 PM BST
this must be a new  mensa speed rating formula i ain familiar with magic care to enlighten me as to how one calculates the speed of a horse by price

You would calculate your speed ratings and then do your tissue prices, and then from that deduct what the "value" bet(s) are in the race. You then make a bet from that information, the whole game is based on prices at the end of the day.

If only you knew about "that day".
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 9:03 PM BST
flat hurdle chase all dif  weight affect speed performance much more on heavy magic
ie 2 horse dead heat on good to soft one has 11 stone the other 12 thet run same c.d 2 weeks later on heavy both like the ground m the horse with 11 stone wd win 9 times out of 10
weight can stop a train , but from a time point the heavier the weight that a horses carries even on same terms affects it more on heavy , in short horses can bounce of the ground but can get bogged down with weight not producing near their best speed rating  , it very surprising but its very easy to work out the fastest horse on soft conditions ,
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 9:05 PM BST
i know magic lad u work out the best value u wd rather back an 8s to place than a 6/4 to win if it posted just slightly lower rating i get u  the object id to get the best return for the least risk
i know what u want to achieve
Report Irish are lucky June 16, 2017 9:09 PM BST
Mart

Wipe your mouth will ya
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 9:10 PM BST
magic its not just about backing the fastest horse
that's why the call me speedy u got to be very fast of mark
like me am on before you get up for coffee Wink

sure as am riding my bicycle Wink

Selection    Selection Details    Result
Horse Racing
LIMERICK
18:00 MAIDEN STAKES 7f
17th of June 2017 6:00 pm
Win or E/W
Extrasensory @ 8/1 (GP)
Pending

Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at    16th of June 2017 6:07 pm    Total Stake    £170.00
Bet type    Single (To Win)    Tax@Tax free    0
Number of lines    1    Total stake due    £170.00
Stake per line    £170.00    Freebets Redeemed    £0.00
Channel    Internet    Total amount paid    £170.00
Number of win lines    -       
Potential Returns    £1,530.00       
Total Returns
Report newlawncailin June 16, 2017 9:13 PM BST
enjoy your evening ladies am of to watch a film no fighting now be good Love
Report stridingedge June 16, 2017 9:14 PM BST
HTF are you getting that much on at that price so early???
Report geoff m June 16, 2017 9:16 PM BST
perennial loserLaughLaughLaugh
Report dopeyone June 16, 2017 9:17 PM BST
Never heard of the mug system Striding ? LaughLaugh
Report Magic__Daps June 16, 2017 9:20 PM BST
One reason striding, it is pretty obvious.
Report stridingedge June 16, 2017 9:20 PM BST
He's gone off to watch Brewsters millions
Report stridingedge June 16, 2017 9:21 PM BST
And please give me some credit it wasn't a question that even needed answering as there are only 2 possibilities.

I
Report newlawncailin June 17, 2017 1:00 AM BST
stridingedge 16 Jun 17 21:14 Joined: 14 Sep 10 | Topic/replies: 43,967 | Blogger: stridingedge's blog
HTF are you getting that much on at that price so early???

Cool  as stated magic is 5 years behind the times  al in box u striding
Wink
Report Andrew in Sweden June 17, 2017 5:57 AM BST
u taking the rise stevie u know i have slight dyspraxia/dyslexia google it 90 % of NASA genius have it

Mart, We both know the latter part of your statement above has come out of nowhere (probably between your ears) but if you post a link showing proof of it, I will walk backwards to Scotland on a broken glass laden highway, remove your socks and kiss your unwashed feet (perish the thought) Wink
Report Magic__Daps June 17, 2017 9:08 AM BST
Yes Mart you get on because you make yourself look like a mug, we have heard it before. That is all good and well for a certain amount of time and a bit handier in the shops. But to get over 10000 bets on with the same online account you will have to have a massive losing account to still get on any sum. I know more about online punting than you ever will as I stated last week, and you seemed to disappear and not respond to my post - obviously after being made to look like a mug (AGAIN).

Ps - I know you will be reading but it seems like you won't be able to post (again)....
Report Magic__Daps June 17, 2017 9:09 AM BST
Andrew - it's just another number plucked out of thin air, nothing new. How he thinks people believe any of his numbers is a bit strange imo.
Report Willie Shafter. June 17, 2017 9:10 AM BST
as stated magic is 5 years behind the times  al in box u striding
Blush = Love

marts acc with PP has mug alert feature enabled.
Report stridingedge June 17, 2017 9:24 AM BST
Magic no one believes anything, You have always seemed pretty clued up to me but I just don't understand why you are wasting your time day after day on this. If someone came up to you in the street rambling nonsense you wouldn't stand there arguing the toss?

A leopard and all that, no matter how much you tell some people they will just not change their ways even when it would benefit them enormously.
Report Magic__Daps June 17, 2017 9:32 AM BST
Very true striding, looks like hes banned again as profile gone. Nothing anyone tells him would benefit him - we are all envious...
Report Cork Langer June 17, 2017 11:35 AM BST
Bit drastic, getting himself banned to avoid posting the speed ratings, he'll be back no doubt before the racing commences, just a case of looking for the new poster who rattles off 100 posts an hour...!
Report Irish are lucky June 17, 2017 11:44 AM BST
Mart is A1 at making himself look like a mug
Report gutfeeling June 17, 2017 12:03 PM BST
He'll be back soon enough Cork so they'll be other races, Maybe he can sort out the ark this year.
Report Cork Langer June 17, 2017 6:15 PM BST
Fate is a fickle thing, how apt that the last copy and pasted bet in that latest banned name of the speed king should be a losing one (9th of 9) taken at less than SP...!
Report elise June 17, 2017 6:23 PM BST
not fate, he's just a ***head
Report gutfeeling June 17, 2017 10:53 PM BST
You've been missed elise, Hope all is well with you, Don't be a stranger around these parts Cool
Report Cork Langer June 18, 2017 11:48 AM BST
Unless a new identity is forthcoming obviously there will be no speed ratings for todays race, to recap what was already forecast, Rhododendron to sluice in ahead of Shutter Speed (who previously was not going to place..........as usual covering as many different angles as possible...!) to be followed home by either Kitesurf or Terrakova.

My own thoughts are that Rhododendron will be hard to beat, be good for the pattern form this season if she wins or is close to the winner, two at longer prices for an interest for me are Vue Fantastique 50/1 from the unfashionable Chappet stable, a maiden not certain to go in the ground but has improved with each run and reversed form with some of todays opponents and Senga 16/1 who has fair form in Group company and has looked as though she would benefit from further.

Will check races later as off to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the cemetery for the day....! gl all
Report gutfeeling June 18, 2017 11:54 AM BST
GL Cork, I've gone with Terrakova for the win & Sistercharlie for the ew punt, Of the UK runners I'd take Shutter Speed over Rhododendron who looked to hang when coming under pressure and has endured 2 hard races already this season.
Report impossible123 June 18, 2017 1:03 PM BST
I think if this race was run in England over the same distance Rhododendron would be odds-on; she did have a fraught journey to Epsom but I think she only ran the last two furlongs in the Oaks though; she clearly was stretched in the last furlong despite going much the better than Enable, the winner of the Oaks. As such I shall side with her over Enable, and with the ground and price to suit this could be 3rd time lucky for her to open her account in a Gp 1 this season.

Good luck to everyone having a bet.
Report anxious June 18, 2017 2:59 PM BST
Shutter Speed here
Report morpteh mackem June 18, 2017 3:14 PM BST
hopefully rhodendron ok, very rough race in straight.
Report EastLower Gooner June 18, 2017 3:15 PM BST
I think she'll be ok...Ryan was easing her down for a long time.....
Report morpteh mackem June 18, 2017 3:16 PM BST
aye, didnt see anything blindingly obvious wrong.
Report sparrow June 18, 2017 3:18 PM BST
Cork Langer    Joined: 16 Aug 05
Replies: 35164 18 Jun 17 11:48

Senga 16/1 who has fair form in Group company and has looked as though she would benefit from further.

Hope you got a bit on at 40.74 BSP.
Report impossible123 June 18, 2017 3:21 PM BST
Indeed, pulling rhododendron up early was a wise move by Moore, and I hope Rhododendron is ok.
Report elise June 18, 2017 3:24 PM BST
hope all horses are ok, rough race
Report elise June 18, 2017 3:24 PM BST
and thank you gut, enjoy the sun
Report FOYLESWAR June 18, 2017 3:27 PM BST
is there a stooards?
Report elise June 18, 2017 3:28 PM BST
yes foyles
Report FOYLESWAR June 18, 2017 3:30 PM BST
who was 2nd please
Report ambush June 18, 2017 3:32 PM BST
what finished 2nd thanks in advance
Report elise June 18, 2017 3:32 PM BST
sistercharlie then terrakova
Report elise June 18, 2017 3:32 PM BST
shutter speed 4th
Report Angela Rebecchi June 18, 2017 3:32 PM BST
No changes in the order.
Report sparrow June 18, 2017 3:35 PM BST
Other than the OP nobody has said a word about the winner Laugh
Report ashleigh June 18, 2017 3:36 PM BST
rhododendron reported as bled.
Report Cork Langer June 18, 2017 10:51 PM BST
Cheers sparrow.

Nice to return and see a winner on the recording and no speed ratings used in any shape or form in finding it...!

wd with the places gut, a shame the speed man wasn't on here really, imagine two useless losers like us picking the first three home, would have had him choking on his kebab, though I should guess the term lucky darts would have been used to pass it off...!

A rough old affair, thankfully all appear to be safe and well to a point.
Report gutfeeling June 19, 2017 1:05 AM BST
VWD finding the winner mate, I do hope you had a few quid on.

Unreal we got the first 3 really given we know nothing about French speed ratings, Shirley just down to luck and no doubt at all that the moron cleaned out another bookies today...Must have a cleaning contract with Laddies or something.
Report dom888 June 19, 2017 7:04 AM BST
Big mart, Billy boy, smokey and newlawn
Have I missed one?
Report sparrow June 19, 2017 7:40 AM BST
The newlawncailin username was a regular on the greyhound forum about 7 years ago. It was a very different character using this name on here recently. I mentioned this before but nobody took any notice of the fact.
Report Cork Langer June 19, 2017 12:29 PM BST
sparrow, your point was noted by many, not sure which thread it was on but someone did detail that the different names now being recycled were all ex accounts of one individual who received a lifetime ban, no doubt he still has more in the pipeline, we shall just have to wait and see
Report sparrow June 19, 2017 12:51 PM BST
I must have missed that post, Cork. I had cause to remember the username after he gave me a load of abuse for criticising Sheffield bookmakers and likening it to a flapping track.
Report dom888 June 19, 2017 1:00 PM BST
But how can mart use all those accounts. Did they give him the passwords or did he hack the accounts.
Report Cork Langer June 19, 2017 1:23 PM BST
The two were of the same ilk, passwords supplied, I would imagine with the number of accounts mentioned being 40 plus the appropriate details must have been recorded somewhere, I struggle to remember the one...!
Report Magic__Daps June 19, 2017 2:23 PM BST
Is this thread saying the clueless got it spot on the speed guru/betting masia got it wrong? I can't be having that, you cretins.

Ps - well done on the win. I am sure he will be back under a new name to congratulate you all....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now