Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
holywell
21 Apr 17 08:17
| Topic/replies: 11,416 | Blogger: holywell's blog
pay out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mans-fury-after-21700-winning-10265916
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Bookmaker refusing to...
Show More
Report Ramruma April 21, 2017 9:18 AM BST
Paddy should pay. If the bet was placed online and hours before the game, it is not as if an underpaid and undertrained cashier was distracted by Crayford dogs going into the traps.

Whether the punter placing a £7,000 single is a naive first timer is irrelevant but it does cast doubt on the sob story about buying a house. Nonetheless, it does not alter the facts of the bet.
Report Johnny_Mustang April 21, 2017 9:24 AM BST
Terrible story Holywell. I mean, seriously, who reads The Mirror?
Report Magic__Daps April 21, 2017 9:25 AM BST
I would have them straight in court for that if I was him, and cannot see how he would not get paid.

Online, or over the phone bets that exceeds any limits with pp shows up a warning. ONline says you have to ring up and over the phone the operator has to get permission from the traders. So if it was accepted their is surely a contract is in place (unless palpable). If they haven't informed him pre kick off I cannot see how they cannot pay out.

Shocking from them imo.
Report eastendking April 21, 2017 9:51 AM BST
Absolute disgrace.
Report Wildcat Army. April 21, 2017 10:02 AM BST
I've had enough of Paddy.  He should clearly pay this one out, his traders will have probably traded the bet off on here anyway, unless one of them forgot to do it.

From my own experiences, Paddy has now made me plain slip only on Football Coupons.  I'm not allowed to put any bet on their pre-printed coupons at all anymore.  Why ?  Because their systems are rubbish.  So anyone wanting to bet on the football, paddy will change the price on certain games (like others do) but you can still get on the old price if you keep stakes low.  £40 you get the old bigger price and then £50+ you get the revised price.  They have 3 columns on their slips, so just do 3 x £40 singles on the same game and hey presto.  But do it too many times and you will be plain slip too like me !!

Staff have said they will write the bets out for me so here comes 5 x £1 15 team accas at the weekend !!
Report saddo April 21, 2017 10:38 AM BST
I drove past Belle Vue the other day, is it finnish?
Report holywell April 21, 2017 10:58 AM BST
Johnny,

Laugh

I read most of the dailies, from the Mirror to the Times, I like to take a balanced view.Grin
Report Johnny_Mustang April 21, 2017 11:00 AM BST
Grin
Report Willie Shafter. April 21, 2017 11:29 AM BST
He said: “I had won money earlier in the week and just thought I would go for it.

“I am trying to buy a house at the moment and there is one I like but it is more money than I have, so I thought I would put this bet on.

wey aye mate Crazy
Report saddo April 21, 2017 11:31 AM BST
Martha will ring paddy and get full payout and 1000 blabs free bet for him, all in hand.
Report timeless April 21, 2017 11:41 AM BST
I didn't know you can buy houses for 21 grand,

maybe in Afghanistan eh Shocked
Report bruno100 April 21, 2017 11:42 AM BST
Where the feck is all the big knobs you are going to police the industry and make changes dont show their useless heads anymore maybe they have turned to the darkside
Report timeless April 21, 2017 11:44 AM BST
have another drink Crazy
Report bruno100 April 21, 2017 11:47 AM BST
piss off plonker get a life
Report timeless April 21, 2017 11:50 AM BST
at least that made more sense than your last post Laugh
Report bruno100 April 21, 2017 11:51 AM BST
troll alert
Report Johnny_Mustang April 21, 2017 12:36 PM BST
To be fair, Bruno sounds like a right mug.
Report timeless April 21, 2017 12:40 PM BST
Grin
Report the dealer April 21, 2017 12:50 PM BST
maybe i'm a bit naive here but how do you void/cancel a bet without returning the stake?
Report dave1357 April 21, 2017 1:00 PM BST
he prob means withdrawing onlooker.
Report the dealer April 21, 2017 1:04 PM BST
onlooker????

that would make more sense
Report dave1357 April 21, 2017 1:32 PM BST
oops Blush

they are prob asking for seven forms of id and great grandfathers pension book.
Report JML April 21, 2017 1:39 PM BST
The limit was set by the customer himself.

PP buisness model is to mercilessly fleece every mug that cross their
path,the fact that this customer is allowed £4000 suggest that he's regarded as a mug
and PP would happily allow him to bet £7000.

They would not void this bet unless they had no choice,it'll probably end up costing them
plenty.
Report Willie Shafter. April 21, 2017 1:58 PM BST
as in most disputes...something dont add up ere.
Report the dealer April 21, 2017 2:11 PM BST
correct
Report Magic__Daps April 21, 2017 2:24 PM BST
If, as the story says he placed the bet and it was taken I cannot see how they get away with voiding it without informing the punter. If it is different from the story and PP are correct in voiding it (however that is I wouldn't know), then surely they would have commented and say why they have voided it to at least soften the PR disaster they have now?
Report Willie Shafter. April 21, 2017 2:29 PM BST
how does their softwear accept if it didnt meet their criteria?
Report timeless April 21, 2017 2:39 PM BST
if the bet lost, no probs,

if it won, void Laugh
Report Magic__Daps April 21, 2017 2:48 PM BST
Willie, that's the thing. If you try online it will NOT go through, and if you try on the phone you will get told by the operator they have to get approval (if it is over the liabilty on the account), and come back with "that bet is on" or "you can have £4000 at 21/10" and then confirm it.

Maybe an insider at PP has taken it? I just find it odd if there was something dodgey about the punter and the bet then PP would at least comment on it. Refusing to comment shows them to be in the wrong as it stands imo.
Report the dealer April 21, 2017 2:53 PM BST
i'm not saying the story isnt right but it just doesnt add up, with regards to them not commenting, i wouldnt read too much into that, yes they are being shown up in a bad light but if it is to go further then probably the right thing to do imo. it isnt the first time a press story about a company not paying hasnt been exactly 100% correct.

good luck to the guy if its all true and if it is he surely will get paid.
Report equine flew April 21, 2017 3:01 PM BST
They don't seem to have a problem with talking about specific accounts, when they tell us an unamed punter has had £10,000 on at Cheltenham or a pensioner has won £100,00 from his 10p round robin.
Report Magic__Daps April 21, 2017 3:05 PM BST
I don't get the "trying to buy a house" line, and maybe the "no comment" is actually the company line and you may well be right if it does go further it helps them. Be interesting to see what comes out (or what doesn't).
Report Rob_The_Bantam April 21, 2017 3:28 PM BST
I've seen this on Twitter and it would seem that either (a) the player has a self imposed betting limit and decided to open a second account in order to bet above it or (b) his initial account has restricted betting limits, so he's opened another to circumvent them.  I have asked for further details so that I can look into it for him, but he's sketchy on them.

Either way, as things stand, PP shouldn't have to stand the bet.  In the first instance they'd be going against their obligations to ensure responsible gambling and in the second the punter is trying it on and knows it.  They cancelled the bet well before the off and he's getting his stake back, so nothing to see here IMVHO.
Report parispike April 21, 2017 3:31 PM BST
In the first instance they'd be going against their obligations to ensure responsible gambling

Funniest thing I've seen even on here for ages!
Report Aviboyd April 21, 2017 3:31 PM BST
Laugh - Rob goin fishin imo...
Report Rob_The_Bantam April 21, 2017 3:33 PM BST
Funniest thing I've seen even on here for ages!

Laugh

It was hard to keep a straight face when typing it.

There's plenty of dodgy stuff dished out by the books on an almost hourly basis, but this one doesn't stack up for me.  There's plenty to have a go at bookies about without stories like this muddying the waters.
Report Magic__Daps April 21, 2017 3:46 PM BST
So if he has opened up another account I assume it is in another name, and they would have to prove that? If it is and they are voiding a winning bet then surely they will be giving him his Barca money back too?

They cancelled the bet well before the off and he's getting his stake back - is there actual proof of that or just PPs statement? Only asking as the story says he only knew after the result.

PS - After seeing years of Marthas bets on here the last thing they do is promote responsible gambling!!
Report Rob_The_Bantam April 21, 2017 4:10 PM BST
From what I understand, they cancelled over two hours before the off but he only realised after the event.  I have asked for him to provide more details, but have had nothing as yet.  Quite happy to look into it for him, but I don't feel like we've had the full story yet.
Report Dav_vin03 April 22, 2017 8:51 AM BST
does he get his losing barcelona stake back?
Report carrot1960 April 22, 2017 9:41 AM BST
He got caught end off
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now