Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EVILROYSLADE
18 Mar 17 11:29
| Topic/replies: 11,106 | Blogger: EVILROYSLADE's blog
Thought it was spot on. Refreshing stuff.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ITV racing coverage at Cheltenham.
Show More
Report carrot1960 March 18, 2017 10:48 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ashleigh March 18, 2017 10:56 AM GMT
ed chamberlain and richard hoiles were excellent,the rest poor.

too much coverage of overhead shots of the races, do not want to listen to fitzy and luke comments during the race.
will we get this on the grand national and flat races.?
Report dunlaying March 18, 2017 10:58 AM GMT
Rubbish.
Report Jack Hacksaw March 18, 2017 11:15 AM GMT
Some decent looking women though.  The weathergirl and the vet in particular.
Report Major Rumpus March 18, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
Coverage was way better than Channel 4.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
couldnt agree more roy. Happy
Report workrider March 18, 2017 11:28 AM GMT
It seemed to rattle along a little better than normal,agree though some on there are just not right for the programme .
Report grumpyjim March 18, 2017 11:47 AM GMT
last   ......... Racing program  ever if it doesnt do better ........interest is waning .. for racing  wonder why .. ? ..main meeting of year not all races . ?PEOPLE TAKE DAYS OFF AS HOLIDAYS ??
betting needs regulated better .. far too many options now as new layers pop up every day ..  RATTLING ALONG IS VERY FAIR    work rider . AVID SUPPORTER .. AT ONE TIME .. seldom put it on now ,,  SAME STUFF different day .. NEW FACES .. did not watch it at all all week sums up fed up of ADVERTS  etc , FEAR TOO MUCH OF THE GAME IN ONLY A FEW HANDS ??.. ...........ACROSS THE BOARD .. ,............ROLL ON AINTREE  .. MUCH BETTER PROPOSITION ..   4 Days killed off CHELTS  .. 2 x 3 dAY MEETS  6 MONTHS APART .. MARCH AND SEPTEMBER ..    Choice and better  .. QUALITY PLEASE ..  Trainers maximum 2 horse per race .. stuff the declarations  as it stands .. only two choices not ......four ??
Report RothmanMike March 18, 2017 12:02 PM GMT
Unfortunately Cheltenham starts  many months before, with the likes of Chapman ramping it up,and proclaiming every novice race winner is potentially the winner of this and that race at the festival.
In consequence, I for one, am sick of it before the thing starts,and because of all the hype anti-climax surely follows.
Glad it's all over and things return to a little normality.
Report 1st time poster March 18, 2017 12:17 PM GMT
for the racing fan fitzy,s in race comments regarding augusta kate were laughable to any of the called new racing viewers who itv are supposed to represent ,any of them who,d backed augusta must have been dumfounded as it fell out the back of the screen like a 100 to 1 shot,
Report .birkdale March 18, 2017 12:27 PM GMT
Too many people were involved, they could have put on a good show with half the number.  Fitzgerald definitely has to be terminated and Plunkett is an embarrassment.
Report grumpyjim March 18, 2017 2:33 PM GMT
as previous never watched the program and fed up watching adverts all day long . 80 per cent bookies and cars .. use both every day . one guzzles up petrol the other hard earned .. ??  breath of fresh air watching RUGBY ON BBC  ,.. would not fancy telling a rugby player he canny have a wager on the GAME ,,,
Report DAN1974 March 18, 2017 3:14 PM GMT
the coverage was ok, but why dont they show all the races? that really baffles me, its not as if they havent got enough channels to put it on.
Report Shrewd_dude March 18, 2017 3:33 PM GMT
They don't show all the races because only Racing Uk have rights to last 2 races.

It is bizarre to sign a deal though that doesn't include all the races on the largest 4 days audience wise outside of the National though.
Report jimmythewon March 18, 2017 4:32 PM GMT
Mindnumbing, stultifying, massfoddery, dull, execrable, fatuous pap. What did I miss? To be fair; when you employ programme planners who know beggar all about racing, can you expect a serious, thought provoking, interesting, well-informed enjoyable product? Well, clearly not.
Report 1st time poster March 18, 2017 4:36 PM GMT
can you get anything more ridiculous than chamberlin calling mcoy
sir anthony one minute and AP the next ,whilst at the same time fitzy calls him champ
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 4:40 PM GMT
It's the replays that I can't stand with the shouting home of the winners. I'm sure they turn the sound up.

That's fine, I usually turn the sound off at that point.
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 4:41 PM GMT
All that shouting over a horse race.
Report BornToWin March 18, 2017 5:07 PM GMT
In running comments a bad idea a very bad idea.

Getting Luke and Fitzy to do them, well that makes it a slam dunk of a bad idea.
Report workrider March 18, 2017 5:08 PM GMT
That's an Irish thing 1st, even Sir Anthony O'Reilly is known simply as Anto here...Laugh
Report RothmanMike March 18, 2017 5:24 PM GMT
He's not known as anything over here.
Who is he. Sad
Report workrider March 18, 2017 5:31 PM GMT
Lets just say he's full of beans .Unlike a lot of Englishmen who are full of shyte....Laugh
Report mincer11 March 18, 2017 5:38 PM GMT
As an Irish man , I'd like to apologise for the clown that is workrider. An embarrassment to our nation,basically  a grade A dumbo .
Only yesterday he was complaining about the on course bookies in Wexford with their prices , whilst quoting the Betfair SP as his example.
Report RothmanMike March 18, 2017 5:38 PM GMT
Is he a famous Irish bean counter.
Report mincer11 March 18, 2017 5:43 PM GMT
You will have to forgive workrider as he know not what he do.
Report workrider March 18, 2017 5:43 PM GMT
Mincer, on holidays from the asylum, he's famous on here for his ,jockey lost something over the last flight thread,it was the hurdle breaking ffs...Laugh
Report mincer11 March 18, 2017 5:46 PM GMT
Get into bed ya total gombeen, you are an embarrassment to us decent Irish people.
Your famous one I think was when you were looking for sympathy for imagining you had cancer. Mother of Jesus
Report grumpyjim March 18, 2017 5:54 PM GMT
any other racecourse limit you to 4 beers ..    Lucky   Lucky ... ..to get the price they want for it .. Circus moves to better venue in Liverpool soon .. SUP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT ??   do your money and walk away  SOBER  cheers for that    NOT AFFECTED AS 2 IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME .. AS Prostrate tells me I  am full up .. FAILED OPERATION ..  > sad to say ..>??
Report NORTH BERWICK March 18, 2017 6:18 PM GMT
By definition most of the time the winning jockey is on the best horse in the race and they are just trying not to make a mess of it. The way they fawn over the top jockeys is nauseating. Brough Scott spouting garbage about the best jockeyship ever seen at Cheltenham just summed it up for me. Enjoyed the rest of the coverage though.
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 6:47 PM GMT
The other day the camera caught Scott from the side showing his elderly crouch and profile.
I thought he'd make a good Count Dracula if he were a bit taller.

Don't worry Brough we all like you, you're doing a grand job.

Keep drinking the blood.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2017 7:18 PM GMT
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2017 7:19 PM GMT
  By definition most of the time the winning jockey is on the best horse in the race and they are just trying not to make a mess of it. The way they fawn over the top jockeys is nauseating. Brough Scott spouting garbage about the best jockeyship ever seen at Cheltenham just summed it up for me. Enjoyed the rest of the coverage though.

... did you notice the glare he got off mcoy after saying that.   LaughLaugh
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 7:27 PM GMT
I bet McCoy felt like banging him over the head with his statue and saying:

''What do you think I got that for college boy?''
Report ZEALOT March 18, 2017 7:34 PM GMT
brough is 100% correct . MCCOY is the most over rated jockey ever
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now