Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RyanWe
11 Feb 16 23:12
| Topic/replies: 31,709 | Blogger: RyanWe's blog
Friday

Always On The Run - 2.05 at Kempton - 6/1 with a few books, 7.2 on betfair

Missed the party a bit here, too busy crying over more odds on in running losers, but the show must goes on. Someone else pointed this horse out to me (TheSecret), absolutely loved this horse's first run for Tom George on New Year's Eve. It was his first run over fences, crazy fresh, too keen, but jumped like a bunny. I really think this horse is going to be a lot better over fences, and although he's bred to stay 3 miles, I do think dropping to 16f is the right thing to do if you're not going to put him in a hood. He ran such a nice race at Warwick, and it doesn't look like much was expected, because he was sent off at 12/1 - whether that was because of fitness, or doubts about the ground, I'm not sure, but he'll be getting some better ground tomorrow, and these other trainers have all been doing so well with these ex McCain horses, that I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Hopefully.. Just blast him from the front, catch me if you can, a bit like when they had Stellar Notion, Nacarat etc etc they love their front runners at Kempton.

Saturday

Modus in the Betfair hurdle - Currently 11.0 on betfair

He's only top price 7/1 with the books at the moment, sure to drift out with them if he stays at this price, but this whole reaction of Bazza picking that Mullins horse is way over the top.

Where do I start with Modus?

2nd in the Champion bumper last season, had Yanworth behind him in 4th, and the rest. A fine 3rd in the Punchestown bumper too.

Both of these runs were achieved with a pretty average trainer in Robert Stephens, sorry Stevo.

JP buys him, whacks him with Nicholls. Wins easily on his first two starts, but throws a bad one in when last seen on heavy ground. Not that it was terrible, but it was still disappointing. It wouldn't come as a surprise to hear that the stable strike rate was 10% in December, something rarely seen for the champion trainer.

The stable are flying again now though, 33%. Even the horses losing are running crackers.

He's got a mark of 139, which looks lenient to me. He beat Charmix off levels pretty cosily, and I know that horse has improved for stepping up in trip but the handicapper thinks he's 145 rated. Charmix beat Emerging Force by 38 lengths, and we saw him win a handicap off 129 today. I know Emerging Force might of ran below par that day, and he probably improved for the step up in trip too today, but there is just so many horses that Modus has beat that make him look a horse who could turn out to be top class.

I suppose there is question marks over the horse on heavy ground, we don't know if that's what we are going to get yet. A dry day tomorrow, and it might chuck it down on Saturday, but at least it will be sloppy ground, not tacky.

I think the horse is miles better than his mark of 139. I know other horses are probably chucked in too, but I feel like there is a lot more to come.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Some Guesses For.. The Next Few Days
Show More
Report RyanWe April 17, 2017 9:28 AM BST
Been too busy to do write ups, sorry
Report RyanWe April 17, 2017 9:33 AM BST
Giving Byron Blue a go in the 3.25 at Fakenham - 10/1+ betfair, 9/1 books

I'm sure he only goes on quicker ground these days, so it's easy to forgive the last two starts on soft ground over hurdles.

He went close to winning in September off 10lb higher, twice, and his latest flat run shows he's still got the same ability as the flat runs at that time of year too.

He's a tricky customer, so the booking of Coleman could potentially make a massive impact, and he's a big price in a small field.
Report knavesmire007 April 17, 2017 10:02 AM BST
Hidden Rebel 4.20 Redcar 9/1 bog.Will go on the ground,wins in this class of race.Two front runners Roller and Save The Bees will hopefully get on with it to help patiently ridden Hidden Rebel close in late.Whillans' yard has had the cough,maybe that's the cause of the drift? Horse saw out it's race ok at Wolves.
Report PHS April 17, 2017 1:46 PM BST
I've backed Palmerston in that race (16:20 Red) knaves, but the 14/1 went this morning before I could post (got 17 less 6.3% RF on here overnight) but it has just drifted out to a backable price on here (14.5/15 to small money).

Ran in some good races (better than this) at Newm last year then its form tailed off towards the end of the year in line with Appleby's overall form at that time. Back to a mile here after an opening run over 10f at Donc, he's another that should really appreciate the likely strong gallop. No knowing whether he's fit enough after just the one run, but I believe he's well handicapped off 76.
Report PHS April 17, 2017 4:32 PM BST
Getting a bit fed up with these 2nds and no returnAngry
Report PHS April 17, 2017 4:52 PM BST
Wasn't much of a gallop in the end, but untypically, P was never far away. Gallop was probably against yours knaves.
Report PHS April 17, 2017 5:30 PM BST
Name    Time    Cse    To    From
Beat The Bank    14:55    Newmarket     Balding, A M    Bunyan, Darren
Independence Day     17:05    Newmarket     Cowell, R M H    Wachman, David

Transmitting    14:10    Southwell    Vaughan, E F    Stoute, Sir Michael
Competent    14:10    Southwell    Fitzgerald, T J    Stubbs, Kristin
Robero    15:55    Southwell    Easterby, M W    Ellison, B
Midlight    16:25    Southwell    Carr, Mrs R A    Whitaker, R M
Geordie George     16:25    Southwell    Menzies, Rebecca    Quinn, J J
Jazz Legend     16:55    Southwell    Rowland, Miss M E    Cowell, R M H

George Herbert    19:40    Exeter    OBrien, Fergal    Pipe, D E
Marjus Quest     14:00    Kempton    Wintle, A    Dennis, David
Kalaskadesemilley    14:00    Kempton    Smith, Martin    Morgan, K A
Mango Cap     15:05    Kempton    Sheppard, M    Pipe, D E
Symphony Of Angels    20:00    Ludlow    McPherson, Graeme P    Davies, Miss Sarah-Jayne
Report knavesmire007 April 17, 2017 9:36 PM BST
Ran a cracker did yours PHS,good shout.Another cross bar job!I'd hoped you'd backed it each way at that price in a 10 runner race but if you're not quite sure it's spot on to run a big race then the place part isn't so tempting.
Report PHS April 17, 2017 11:14 PM BST
Yeah, either the winner is pretty smart, or Palmerston wasn't 100%. He might be better at stiffer track though. It'll be interesting to see what the handicapper does, having got beat 2L.
Report RyanWe April 18, 2017 2:20 PM BST
Doing Drumcliff tomorrow in the 3.15 at Chelt - 7/1 tops

Just the one bookie at the moment, I would just be surprised if the other books went as big because on that Kempton run, where he was completely taken out at the 2nd last hurdle, he was such an unlucky loser that day.

He was sent off at 2/1 fav at Muss, where he travelled well in to the race, but he stopped as if something was wrong.

Given a nice break, it's been 74 days since we last saw him on a racecourse, so something must of happened.

He's a half brother to Simonsig, who was a horse with so much speed that you questioned how would he be any better up in trip, but when they are relaxed, that great cruising speed is too much for other horses to handle. Drum also has more stamina in his pedigree with being by Presenting instead of Fairmix.

I'm sure we will see Fehily bury him in the field tomorrow, and come with a late run.
Report PHS April 18, 2017 4:37 PM BST
Well called on the price Ryan. That was bold!
Report PHS April 18, 2017 4:53 PM BST
Rasheeq     16:35    Beverley    Easterby, T D    Mohammed, Ismail
Edward Lewis    16:35    Beverley    OMeara, D    Gosden, J H M
Burnt Sugar     16:35    Beverley    Fell, Roger    Hannon , Richard
Rosamaria     18:20    Beverley    Camacho, Miss J A    Dods, M
Virens Army     15:00    Newmarket     Appleby, Charlie    Hannon , Richard
Tallulah Rose    15:35    Newmarket     Burke, K R    Baker, George
Sea Of Grace     15:35    Newmarket     Haggas, W J    Oxx, John M

Rain Wind And Fire     19:15    Wolverhampton    Harris, R A    Noseda, J

Blairs Cove    14:05    Cheltenham    Skelton, Daniel    Twomey, P
Giant Redwood     17:55    Sedgefield    Haslam, B M R    Bell, M L W
Oh So Gigolo     20:00    Sedgefield    Slack, Kenneth    Sayer, Mrs Dianne
Dylans Storm     20:00    Sedgefield    Niven, P D    Dennis, David
Beaumonts Party     20:00    Sedgefield    Morgan, Miss Laura    Grant, C

Gelded in bold
Report PHS April 18, 2017 6:21 PM BST
18:20 Bev 8.5f Fillies Hcp- Livella Fella 0.25pt at 7/1

Seems like a harsh assessment from Timeform to me;

Won twice last season, including at this course. However, she's pretty exposed and failed to land a meaningful blow off this mark at Redcar recently. Yard also saddles Forever A Lady. 2*

Won at Bev 2TO last season after being beaten 17L FTO, so the poor run LTO may not mean too much (although it had run on the AW 32 days before that). The 2 draw and Makin on board for Dalgliesh should help round here. A few of these fillies will need the run and the trip may be too far for some. Only 0.25pt in this early season hcp.
Report HoofArted April 19, 2017 9:57 AM BST
Played Foxtail Hill in the 14:40 Chelters. Drifting at the mo, possibly due to P/W putting up Voix Deau.

Most of the field could win this on a going day, but there are sufficient question marks about the market leaders for me to give FH a go.

Starchitect may be out too soon after a testing 3m 1f just 11 days ago, Thomas Crapper was beaten 21 lengths by FH earlier this year when giving 1lb net, gets just 2lb today, whilst Village Vic/Art Mauresque/VoixDeau were all unconvincing round here lto.

Twister is in fair form, usually pulls one out for his local track and FH looks nicely weighted for this.  C&D winner so should have a shout under these race conditions.

Good luck all - whatever you play.
Report RyanWe April 19, 2017 2:12 PM BST
For the record, I am playing Foxtail Hill too - currently 16 on betfair

Just looking for a nice few points in running, I'm not going to be greedy.
Report RyanWe April 19, 2017 2:18 PM BST
I would feel a lot easier about the trade if Village Vic wasn't in here too, who will try dominate for the lead, but Foxtail is far too big based on that CD win over Saphir Du Rheu, who ran a cracking 5th in the Gold Cup.

Last time at Aintree, over 2 miles, Foxtail just couldn't get in to a lead or in to his rhythm.

He could easily bomb again today too, as it's the end of the season, but it's the same for most of them.
Report DAN1974 April 19, 2017 2:43 PM BST
Thanks for Foxtail hill guys, my trade got matched before he jumped the first fence, Grin
Report RyanWe April 19, 2017 2:51 PM BST
Went down to 1.9 I think, just sadly there is always one who travels like a good thing damnit.
Report knavesmire007 April 19, 2017 3:50 PM BST
Well done Hoof and Ryan,ran a nice race.
Report PHS April 19, 2017 7:02 PM BST
Livella Fella was very poor today!
Report PHS April 19, 2017 7:08 PM BST
Qeyaadah     14:25    Newmarket     Appleby, M    Dunlop, E A L
Ornate    15:00    Newmarket     Cowell, R M H    Haggas, W J
Trilliant     16:10    Newmarket     Walker, Ed    Lanigan, D R
Taskeen     15:25    Ripon    Fell, Roger    Hannon , Richard
Dragon King     15:25    Ripon    Jardine, I    Dods, M
Mulligatawny     16:00    Ripon    Fell, Roger    Harrington, Mrs John
Lexington Sky     17:05    Ripon    Fell, Roger    Hannon , Richard
American Craftsman     17:35    Ripon    Fell, Roger    OKeeffe, Jedd

Tegara    18:20    Lingfield    Simcock, D M    Fanshawe, J R
Torment    18:50    Lingfield    Wallis, Charlie    Hannon , Richard

Ujagar     19:00    Taunton    Bishop, K    Burchell, D
Distant Sound     19:00    Taunton    Hawker, Richard    Harris, Miss G
Tuffstuff    19:30    Taunton    Shears, M B    Barr, Brian
Lined With Silver     19:30    Taunton    Phillips, A    Taylor, Miss Hannah
Fine Jewellery    19:30    Taunton    Snowden, Jamie    Gretton, T R

Gelded in bold
Report HoofArted April 19, 2017 7:55 PM BST

Apr 19, 2017 -- 2:51PM, RyanWe wrote:

Went down to 1.9 I think, just sadly there is always one who travels like a good thing damnit.

Yeh Ryan, sort of got the analysis of the more fancied runners right - but missed 1.  Just happened to be 'the one' - Sod's law.

Report knavesmire007 April 20, 2017 1:15 PM BST
Windfast 3.00 newm, win only, 9/1 bog.Looking for a horse with decent form that should handle the going and the dip on the Rowley course.Windfast won a Listed on good to firm lto when dropping in trip from 7f to 6f.Used to show speed over 7f,come to win it's race but find little inside final furlong.Meehan said he'd been racing it over the wrong trip and that it wanted fast ground.Won first time up two years ago on quick ground... over 7f to boot,off 107.Hot fav Brando has wins on easy ground and run well on good going but yet to show top form on good to firm.See how it handles the undulations today.
Report PHS April 20, 2017 1:28 PM BST
Sounds well worked out knaves. I've followed you with a very small bet despite Meehan being one of my least fav trainers.
Report knavesmire007 April 20, 2017 1:56 PM BST
God knows if it's fit enough fto but 9/1 worth a tiny win.
Report RyanWe April 20, 2017 2:47 PM BST
ATB lads, hard finding anything lately.
Report RyanWe April 20, 2017 3:00 PM BST
Brian Meehan, trainer: "The ground became too soft for him at the back end of last season after a great win at Newmarket. He has been working really well all spring and unfortunately he had a foot abscess last week which meant he couldn't start at Bath but he is ready to run and we think he can go very close."

Bit late now, but just so you know.
Report RyanWe April 20, 2017 3:02 PM BST
Just never really put in to the race, or couldn't get in to it. Definite promise though.
Report PHS April 20, 2017 3:02 PM BST
Too much rope or not fit enough.
Report RyanWe April 20, 2017 3:04 PM BST
He wasn't given the hardest of times, there will be other days.
Report knavesmire007 April 20, 2017 3:28 PM BST
Was very surprised with the first couple of furlongs,pushed along,it usually travels well.Don't know if it was just a bit lazy.Mind you the fav acted on the ground so made no difference.Good idea might be to drop back in class maybe try headgear.
Report PHS April 20, 2017 5:00 PM BST
Shrill    18:00    Bath    Cowell, R M H    McCreery, W
Eben Dubai     19:30    Bath    Barfoot-Saunt, Mrs Tracey    Stoute, Sir Michael
Warrior Of Light     14:30    Newbury    Powell, B G    Lanigan, D R
Farquhar     14:30    Newbury    Appleby, M    Chapple-Hyam, P W
Lady Macapa    16:40    Newbury    Cox, C G    Knight, W J

Chitu     16:20    Ayr    Griffin, Patrick    Crawford, S R B
Full     13:50    Fontwell    Mulholland, N P    Pipe, D E
Mayden Massini    17:05    Fontwell    Hide, Philip    Carroll, A W
Martin Cash     18:15    Southwell    Messenger, Mrs Jo    Henderson, P
Hindon Road     18:15    Southwell    Drury, Mrs C    King, A

Gelded in bold
Report PHS April 20, 2017 5:03 PM BST
Farquhar a nr already
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 9:13 AM BST
TESTING
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 9:14 AM BST
Better late than never, right.
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 9:21 AM BST
Southwell 7.15 Betterlatethanneva - 14/1 - Gone a little EW to cover win stake if placing - win only is a bit bigger on betfair

This is a tough race today, looks good for 'summer racing' standards. But, there are some nice prices to take a swing at, and this is one of them.

This one is a 6 year old mare, who really caught my eye on her handicap debut at Kempton over 21f. She was wide most of the way, and her scratchy jumping saw her lose her position too, and she got shuffled back before turning in. That didn't stop her from running on really nicely in to 3rd though, where the winner really did get first run on the field.

She's actually over half a furlong shorter today, so I really hope they ride her more prominently, because she looks like she's crying out for a step up in trip to me. Although, if she just jumped better over these fixed obstacles, then it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

She was only beat 5 lengths last time, and with everything that could be improved upon, it's not that hard a choice at the prices.
Report PHS April 21, 2017 2:35 PM BST

Apr 21, 2017 -- 9:21AM, RyanWe wrote:

Southwell 7.15 Betterlatethanneva - 14/1 - Gone a little EW to cover win stake if placing - win only is a bit bigger on betfairThis is a tough race today, looks good for 'summer racing' standards. But, there are some nice prices to take a swing at, and this is one of them.This one is a 6 year old mare, who really caught my eye on her handicap debut at Kempton over 21f. She was wide most of the way, and her scratchy jumping saw her lose her position too, and she got shuffled back before turning in. That didn't stop her from running on really nicely in to 3rd though, where the winner really did get first run on the field. She's actually over half a furlong shorter today, so I really hope they ride her more prominently, because she looks like she's crying out for a step up in trip to me. Although, if she just jumped better over these fixed obstacles, then it shouldn't be as much of an issue.She was only beat 5 lengths last time, and with everything that could be improved upon, it's not that hard a choice at the prices.

In this case better late because of the morning drift!

Report PHS April 21, 2017 2:35 PM BST
Bugger, didn't mean to quote.
Report The_Chubster April 21, 2017 2:59 PM BST
Re: 7.15 Southwell Champion Chase-9/2 Kim Bailey seems keen on this one, though seems a competitive race.
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 3:49 PM BST
Gone for Peace And Co in the Scottish Champion Hurdle tomorrow (3.15 Ayr) - 10/1
Report PHS April 21, 2017 3:55 PM BST
^2.45
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 3:56 PM BST
Where did I get 3.15 from Laugh
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 3:57 PM BST
There isn't even a 3.15 tomorrow Grin
Report PHS April 21, 2017 4:01 PM BST
3.15 at Ayr today maybe?
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 4:01 PM BST
There was just a lot mentioned about this horse between Xmas and Cheltenham. With the horse working well with Brain Power (162) at Kempton, and basically how much work they had done with PAC at home to get him to settle because he was always running away.

Perhaps it is a little surprising that Jacob has picked L'ami Serge - but he was only narrowly denied in the County by a neck, so he has got the form in the book - where as you never really know if PAC has improved since his Juvenile win in the Triumph Hurdle.

But, the handicapper has given him a big chance by putting him down to 144, with freshness on his side too, he is the 'could be thrown in' choice in the race.
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 4:01 PM BST
Yeah maybe that's it - was it 3rd race too?
Report PHS April 21, 2017 4:13 PM BST
Yes
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 4:17 PM BST
Just saw some collateral form that ties in with Betterlatethanneva - ran an absolute shocker - I now fear the form was just average.

I will let you know in about 3 hours time, no worries.
Report knavesmire007 April 21, 2017 4:55 PM BST
Zhui Feng 3.40 Newbury saturday 16/1 bog.First run of season ran close in the Winter Derby then second run ran better than finishing position suggested imo in the Lincoln racing towards the stands side when the far side was an advantage in big fields on the straight course for the meeting.Saturday will hopefully have an advantageous high draw and run a big race stands side.
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 5:11 PM BST
hope your keeping all these gardens tidy ryan Wink
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 5:49 PM BST
Grin
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 5:53 PM BST
I've got a fantastic tip for you tomorrow, who could possibly pick this one out?

Silent Warrior in the 4.20 at Bangor - 8/1 tops

Well gambled last month at Wetherby (halved in price), but pulled out due to the soft ground (what a distant memory).

He had always previously travelled well in his novice hurdles, and on his handicap debut too. I know Charlie thought the horse was given a stiff mark for his handicap debut, that's why I think he ran so quickly after the tender novice hurdle runs. It worked, as he got put down 8lb just for that one run - where he actually travelled really well in to that race (21f) before fading.

He's down to 19.5f tomorrow, and I know he's had a wind op since last seen.
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 6:50 PM BST
good luck ryan took the 8s earlier Wink
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 6:56 PM BST
Really
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 6:59 PM BST
I thought I was the only horse racing mastermind out there, damnit Grin
Report go-all-in April 21, 2017 7:00 PM BST
Does anyone have any stats on Roger Charltons record with switchers? (PHS?)

Looking at Second Step in the John Porter. 10/1 would look huge if he bounced back to his 2015 form.
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 7:00 PM BST
wind op might improve
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 7:01 PM BST
Selection    Selection Details    Result
Horse Racing
BANGOR
16:20 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 123y
22nd of April 2017 4:20 pm
Win or E/W
1/5 places 1,2,3
Silent Warrior @ 8/1 (GP)
Pending

Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at    21st of April 2017 5:36 pm    Total Stake    £400.00
Bet type    Single (Each-Way)    Tax@Tax free    0
Number of lines    2    Total stake due    £400.00
Stake per line    £200.00    Freebets Redeemed    £0.00
Channel    Internet    Total amount paid    £400.00
Number of win lines    -       
Potential Returns    £2,320.00       
Total Returns  not the time of bet ryan Wink
Report RyanWe April 21, 2017 7:04 PM BST
Braver man than me Billy - I'm just guessing, so I hope you know more than me.
Report DAN1974 April 21, 2017 7:07 PM BST
Who is that with Billy ? It will be your last bet with them if it wins Laugh
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 7:11 PM BST
legends get special concessions dan Tongue OutWink
Report DAN1974 April 21, 2017 7:13 PM BST
lol, good luck
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 7:19 PM BST
wind op otto work dan Wink
Report PHS April 21, 2017 7:31 PM BST

Apr 21, 2017 -- 7:00PM, go-all-in wrote:

Does anyone have any stats on Roger Charltons record with switchers? (PHS?)Looking at Second Step in the John Porter. 10/1 would look huge if he bounced back to his 2015 form.

Min 3 previous runs = 2/18

Tante Rose came from Hills,B and won the Listed Cecil Frail FTO for the season in 2004.

Huntsmans Close came from Bell and won a Wdr hcp FTO for the season in 2014.

When they've had one run = 3/15 inc Yuften and Decorated Knight last season.

Report go-all-in April 21, 2017 7:40 PM BST
Thanks PHS, appreciate that.
Report PHS April 21, 2017 8:36 PM BST
ForgotBlush

Second Step     13:55    Newbury    Charlton, R    Cumani, L M
Dylan Mouth     13:55    Newbury    Botti, M    Botti, Stefano
In The Red     15:40    Newbury    Smith, Martin    Hannon , Richard
Under Attack     17:55    Newbury    Charlton, R    Stoute, Sir Michael
Zamadance    19:00    Nottingham    Dunlop, E A L    Kirk, S
British Embassy     19:30    Nottingham    Turner, W G M    Barr, Brian
Storm Trooper     13:50    Thirsk    Fife, Mrs Marjorie    Nicholls, D
Racquet    13:50    Thirsk    Carr, Mrs R A    Hannon , Richard
More Beau     14:20    Thirsk    Wilson, N    Nicholls, D
First Rate    14:20    Thirsk    Fife, Mrs Marjorie    Varian, Roger
Precious Skye     14:55    Thirsk    Thompson, Ronald    OMeara, D
Konig Dax     15:30    Thirsk    Whillans, A C    Pipe, D E
Ss Vega    17:50    Thirsk    Goldie, J S    Bethell, J D
New Decade    17:50    Thirsk    Goldie, J S    Bradley, J M

Spike     17:45    Wolverhampton    McCain Jnr, D    Barron, T D
Fairway To Heaven     19:15    Wolverhampton    Carter, Lee    Wigham, M

Flashing Glance    17:40    Ayr    Lacey, T    Price, R J
Imperial Prince     14:35    Bangor    Longsdon, C E    Thomson, A M
Daring Knight    16:20    Bangor    Ellam, Clare    Smith, Martin

Gelded in bold
Report billyboy19 April 21, 2017 9:22 PM BST
phs you work tirelessly to help others with out a single gripe !

just want to say your a top bloke ! and a great addition to ryan's thread

team work is best , so keep up the good work !
Report knavesmire007 April 21, 2017 10:23 PM BST
Chemical Charge 10/1 bog in the 1.55 newb moves like a real top of the ground horse with a turn of foot.Don't like the step up in class but got to have an interest on the nice ground.
Report Cork Langer April 22, 2017 12:14 AM BST
Have played Souriyan in the 5.05 Ayr available at 8/1, need to be brave to get involved as the horse hasn't put up much of a show in any of its recent runs, however the theory is that it didn't enjoy chasing and the Bowen's have only had it for two races, both hurdles where it has started short enough and shown a little more effort, the ground tomorrow should suit, JB takes off a handy 5lb and the drop to two and a half should benefit it, further negative is, it is a hands and heels race, so JB is going to need to push hard for a long way...!
Report PHS April 22, 2017 2:00 PM BST
Unlucky knaves. Jockey maybe went for it a tad too early.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 2:03 PM BST
Reverses form from their previous race where the front too went far too quick off the home turn.
Report jollie April 22, 2017 2:08 PM BST
u/l Knaves ,

thought it had it there 1.04 Angry
Report RyanWe April 22, 2017 2:18 PM BST
Hard luck Knaves, but a good pick.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 4:04 PM BST
Read this last night, and thought that won't be winning;

Banksea is our highest profile runner on Saturday in the Be Wiser Insurance Spring Handicap at Newbury.  There are very few handicaps open to him given his mark but, considering most of them are worth far more than Group 3 or Listed races, it makes sense to try and win another before a rise in class is forced upon him, although we fear he may need this first run.
Report knavesmire007 April 22, 2017 4:30 PM BST
Can't grumble about Chemical.I was wrong about Zhui Feng.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 4:31 PM BST
Chosen Tribe     15:00    Stratford    Oliver, Henry    Mann, C J
The Wexfordian     16:40    Stratford    Hill, M    Keighley, M
The Rodeo Clown     17:10    Stratford    Burton, G E    Ferguson, J P
Cab On Times     17:10    Stratford    Rea, S    Walford, Mark
Always Archie    17:10    Stratford    Vaughan, Tim    Stephens, Robert
Knockrea     14:10    Wetherby    Anderson, Miss G E J    OBrien, Terence
Jack Lamb    16:20    Wetherby    OKeeffe, Jedd    Hall, Miss S E
Report knavesmire007 April 22, 2017 4:38 PM BST
PHS your jockey on board You're Cool again 6.45 wolves.Interesting to see how he rides this time after taking it back lto when keen.Powerful Dream must have lost a leg out to 11/1 more than double last night's price.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 4:44 PM BST
Yeah, looked at the race too late last night and missed the price on YC. Thought it was tight anyway. Think he's probably a better horse at Wolves, but couldn't back it at current prices.

Same applies to Scribner Creek an hour later. 8/1 last night, was about to do a write up saying there was just enough left in the price at 5/1 when that went too. Frustrating times.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 6:17 PM BST
On his form of autumn 2015, whilst with Eric Alston, Know Your Name would beat these (18:45 Wol) and has drifted to a more interesting price. Hasn't taken to hurdling with McCain. That said, I still can't bring myself to back it with a trainer record of 0-13 on the AW in the last two years.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 6:54 PM BST
Maybe today's the day I'm supposed to miss the prices for my own goodSilly
Report PHS April 22, 2017 7:06 PM BST
You're Cool made a strange start, veering right resulting in a concertina effect to the others. There was only the front two in it after that. A disappointing run.
Report knavesmire007 April 22, 2017 7:44 PM BST
Seems to favour speed tonight,see how the 7.45 race goes
Report knavesmire007 April 22, 2017 7:50 PM BST
You'll have to do a Ryan and name the horse and time with price..then write up later.Hope you still bet Scribner.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 7:53 PM BST
Nope! Don't mind if you did (ignoring my price advice).
Report PHS April 22, 2017 7:57 PM BST
...there was actually some 9/2 with BFSB when I posted at 4:44PM
Report PHS April 22, 2017 8:01 PM BST
actually, Oddschecker says it'd already gone 4/1 a few minutes earlier, presumably my oddschecker screen hadn't updated yet.
Report knavesmire007 April 22, 2017 8:53 PM BST
I didn't back it unfortunately.Couldn't get too exited about wolves today.
Report PHS April 22, 2017 9:26 PM BST
Half sulking now. Made a mental note to take 9/2 if I miss 5/1 next time. Not worth missing for half a point. Though that means I would have taken 7/2 You're Cool having missed the 4/1.
Report Cork Langer April 23, 2017 12:06 PM BST
Speculative play in the 5.25 Navan today on the two Aid McG runners Face Value 25/1 and Black Label 20/1, the former is likely to set off at a fair old lick and at best would be capable of leading all the way, has had a recent pipe opener over hurdles so should be ready to force the pace, the latter has been kept busy on the A/W
Report Cork Langer April 23, 2017 12:13 PM BST
not sure what happened there, was typing and then post was gone, to recap

Speculative play in the 5.25 Navan today on the two Aid McG runners Face Value 25/1 and Black Label 20/1, the former is likely to set off at a fair old lick and at best would be capable of leading all the way, has had a recent pipe opener over hurdles so should be ready to force the pace, the latter has been kept busy on the A/W and ran an eye-catching race last time out, being stopped a couple of times, dropping out and then running on again, should not encounter those problems on the turf track at Navan today and hopefully with stable companion making the pace, DM will be able to conjur up a winning run, the forecast seems improbable but have covered small just in case...! gl anyone playing
Report PHS April 23, 2017 4:26 PM BST
Zodiakos     14:30    Pontefract    Fell, Roger    Palmer, Hugo
Waseem Faris     17:15    Windsor    Cunningham-Brown, K O    Tuite, Joseph
Silca Star    17:45    Windsor    King, A    Channon, M R
Kyllukey    18:15    Windsor    Bradley, J M    Hills, Charles
Mr Khalid    18:45    Windsor    Charlton, R    Botti, M
Leonardo     19:15    Windsor    Pitman, M    Martin, A J

Chelseas Boy     17:20    Kempton    Beckett, R M    Cox, C G
Brideys Lettuce     17:50    Kempton    Best, J R    Furtado, Ivan
Bergholt     17:50    Kempton    Vaughan, Tim    Hide, Philip

Helpston    17:30    Warwick    Andrews, S R    Sly, Mrs P

Gelded in bold
Report knavesmire007 April 23, 2017 5:05 PM BST
Romanised 4.25 Navan monday 33/1 bog.Trainer in interview on ATR a few weeks ago said they think it's "special".First day at school but 33s is big.
Report knavesmire007 April 23, 2017 5:06 PM BST
bet563
Report PHS April 23, 2017 6:08 PM BST
18:45 Wdr 1m 4f Cl4 Hcp - Cape Discovery 7/1

Not looked at the race. Just a notebook horse from last year that ran well at the course. Worth taking on the 6/4 'could be anything' Fav, although I never get Richard Hughes' right.
Report PHS April 23, 2017 6:09 PM BST
Roger Charlton - Mr Khalid

"He is new to us and joined us in the Winter from Marco Botti. He is a rather highly strung horse and he won readily on his second start at Nottingham as a two-year-old and was rated 85. He needs to relax a bit and should stay a mile and a quarter and maybe a mile and a half. He is still a little bit of an unknown quantity to us."
Report PHS April 23, 2017 6:17 PM BST
Only just noticed that CD won FTO after 239 days off, so that's a positive.
Report PHS April 23, 2017 6:18 PM BST
Lime and Lemon is also in my notebook, but thought it wanted ease in the ground.
Report RyanWe April 23, 2017 6:19 PM BST
Wish I was here an hour ago Knaves GrinLaugh
Report RyanWe April 23, 2017 6:21 PM BST
Was it a TV special? Remember much else about it?
Report knavesmire007 April 23, 2017 7:13 PM BST
Ryan,Bob Cooper was in Ireland for ATR,Condon had Success Days just about to run in the Alleged Stakes so Bob asked him what he thought of it's chances then asked if he had anything else in the barn to look forward to? Condon said "we have a "Holy Roman Emporer" that we think is going to be special".Bob asked for a name and Condon half hesitated then obliged.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now