Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
RyanWe
11 Feb 16 23:12
| Topic/replies: 2,083 | Blogger: RyanWe's blog
Friday

Always On The Run - 2.05 at Kempton - 6/1 with a few books, 7.2 on betfair

Missed the party a bit here, too busy crying over more odds on in running losers, but the show must goes on. Someone else pointed this horse out to me (TheSecret), absolutely loved this horse's first run for Tom George on New Year's Eve. It was his first run over fences, crazy fresh, too keen, but jumped like a bunny. I really think this horse is going to be a lot better over fences, and although he's bred to stay 3 miles, I do think dropping to 16f is the right thing to do if you're not going to put him in a hood. He ran such a nice race at Warwick, and it doesn't look like much was expected, because he was sent off at 12/1 - whether that was because of fitness, or doubts about the ground, I'm not sure, but he'll be getting some better ground tomorrow, and these other trainers have all been doing so well with these ex McCain horses, that I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Hopefully.. Just blast him from the front, catch me if you can, a bit like when they had Stellar Notion, Nacarat etc etc they love their front runners at Kempton.

Saturday

Modus in the Betfair hurdle - Currently 11.0 on betfair

He's only top price 7/1 with the books at the moment, sure to drift out with them if he stays at this price, but this whole reaction of Bazza picking that Mullins horse is way over the top.

Where do I start with Modus?

2nd in the Champion bumper last season, had Yanworth behind him in 4th, and the rest. A fine 3rd in the Punchestown bumper too.

Both of these runs were achieved with a pretty average trainer in Robert Stephens, sorry Stevo.

JP buys him, whacks him with Nicholls. Wins easily on his first two starts, but throws a bad one in when last seen on heavy ground. Not that it was terrible, but it was still disappointing. It wouldn't come as a surprise to hear that the stable strike rate was 10% in December, something rarely seen for the champion trainer.

The stable are flying again now though, 33%. Even the horses losing are running crackers.

He's got a mark of 139, which looks lenient to me. He beat Charmix off levels pretty cosily, and I know that horse has improved for stepping up in trip but the handicapper thinks he's 145 rated. Charmix beat Emerging Force by 38 lengths, and we saw him win a handicap off 129 today. I know Emerging Force might of ran below par that day, and he probably improved for the step up in trip too today, but there is just so many horses that Modus has beat that make him look a horse who could turn out to be top class.

I suppose there is question marks over the horse on heavy ground, we don't know if that's what we are going to get yet. A dry day tomorrow, and it might chuck it down on Saturday, but at least it will be sloppy ground, not tacky.

I think the horse is miles better than his mark of 139. I know other horses are probably chucked in too, but I feel like there is a lot more to come.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Some Guesses For.. The Next Few Days
Show More
Report RozelKid December 31, 2017 1:15 PM GMT
disappointed, even
Report PHS December 31, 2017 4:29 PM GMT
Name    Time    Cse    To    From
Elegant Joan    12:05    Southwell    Griffiths, D C    Frost, Kevin
Powerful Society     12:35    Southwell    Vaughan, Tim    Fahey, R A
Throckley    13:10    Southwell    Leech, Mrs S    Dore, C R

Earth Lady    13:00    Catterick    Todhunter, M    Hobbs, P J
Calarules    13:00    Catterick    Vaughan, Tim    Easterby, T D
Hijran     14:10    Catterick    Oliver, Henry    Appleby, M
Ulysses     12:45    Fakenham    Edmunds, Stuart    Beckett, R M
Geni Johnson     12:45    Fakenham    Dunn, Mrs Alex    Barry, J R
Blue Sire     15:40    Fakenham    Hawke, N J    Moore, G L
Report PHS December 31, 2017 9:10 PM GMT
Happy New Year to allHappy
Report pumphol. December 31, 2017 10:14 PM GMT
Hi Roz, a summer of illness but hopefully over the worst, keep meaning to post one up but last few were not much cop, I'm going to dip my toe in the water with one over the sticks.

Snowed In - 1.00 Catt 12/1

Won a race at the track on New years day in 2015 & 2017, won this race last year with 7lb claimer up so does not look as well in at the weights but though not raced here since Feb it loves the track, certainly horses for courses is very apt here & the price does seems a tad big

Would also like to wish everyone a happy & healthy New Year.
Report the wire December 31, 2017 11:00 PM GMT
Am hoping that one of the above switchers, Elegant Joan, may be more than a no-hoper in the 12.05 at Southwell. Her new trainer has a good record at the track and his horses have been going well recently.

Her second appearance, at Chepstow, was a hot novice which has produced some good winners. She made the pace until about a furlong and a half out in the 6f contest. Is a half-sister to two winners including Pancake Day who has won four times on the fibresand, albeit at a low level. The opposition is decent although the market leaders don't appear to be showing improved form recently.

40/1 available in a couple of places at the moment and might be worth a speculative punt. Happy New Year.
Report RozelKid January 1, 2018 12:24 AM GMT
New Year....Its for the birds !Cool

I used to celebrate it - but i then realisd i was a **** for doing so lol.

Lets get on with it Lads.
Report RozelKid January 1, 2018 12:27 AM GMT
Sorry to hear that Pump - wish you good health and some good luck - you too PHS & TW.
Report RozelKid January 1, 2018 2:15 AM GMT
2.50 Musselburgh: BUYER BEWARE 16/1 EW BOG

Only won once , that was for Gordon Elliot in md 2016 , also had plenty of placed efforts for Elliot before joining Holmes.

Holmes campaigned him on the flat for almost a year since joining the yard .....but has given him two runs over hurdles recently over 2m.

I suppose it would be a reasonable view that they might have to get this one lower in the weights - however , I think there some justification to take a 2nd look now they are stepping BB up in trip - I just think that If he came anywhere close to his hurdle form for Elliot then he would have a massive shout here imo.

The stable normally use the jockey John Kington - but he is riding for Holmes at Catterick today - Colliver takes the ride today.

Connections have also targeted this meeting a couple of times in the past - hitting the lampost both times - most recently with FOOT THE BILL in 2013 who was a solid hcapper for the owner.

1.00 Catterick LIFE KNOWLEDGE 7/1 WIN BOG

The ride that Kington takes today for Holmes-  another that has been mainly campaigned on the flat - his limited experience over hurdles showed some promise and with the stable in mind i have to go with him ...definitely has scope imo and is a solid EW price for some - just feel that the stable are turning a corner and everything they put out in early in Jan needs looking at.

EW DOUBLE TOO - LK & BB

They also have a 100/1 shot in the first at Catterick called MISSION TRIO  would be silly to not have a small interest w/p if im going in BD with all their runners.
Report PHS January 1, 2018 11:00 AM GMT

Dec 31, 2017 -- 5:00PM, the wire wrote:

Am hoping that one of the above switchers, Elegant Joan, may be more than a no-hoper in the 12.05 at Southwell. Her new trainer has a good record at the track and his horses have been going well recently. Her second appearance, at Chepstow, was a hot novice which has produced some good winners. She made the pace until about a furlong and a half out in the 6f contest. Is a half-sister to two winners including Pancake Day who has won four times on the fibresand, albeit at a low level. The opposition is decent although the market leaders don't appear to be showing improved form recently. 40/1 available in a couple of places at the moment and might be worth a speculative punt. Happy New Year.

Bit of money for this, but it wouldn't take much to shift the price.

Think you're onto something but possibly today, in a Maiden, might not be the day . If it runs half decently without getting within 5L of the winner, you might get a decent price NTO when it can run in a handicap, so worth persevering with I think.

Report PHS January 1, 2018 11:07 AM GMT
^12/1 WH to finish in the first 2 looks attractive, if you had stable info and knew they were going for it today and not just running for a mark.
Report RozelKid January 1, 2018 11:57 AM GMT
had an interest at 25/1 win, 10/1 place - **** luck ITW
Report FOYLESWAR January 1, 2018 1:05 PM GMT
superb pumpy well done lad
Report FOYLESWAR January 1, 2018 1:05 PM GMT
superb pumpy well done lad
Report RozelKid January 1, 2018 1:08 PM GMT

Dec 31, 2017 -- 4:14PM, pumphol. wrote:

Hi Roz, a summer of illness but hopefully over the worst, keep meaning to post one up but last few were not much cop, I'm going to dip my toe in the water with one over the sticks.Snowed In - 1.00 Catt 12/1Won a race at the track on New years day in 2015 & 2017, won this race last year with 7lb claimer up so does not look as well in at the weights but though not raced here since Feb it loves the track, certainly horses for courses is very apt here & the price does seems a tad bigWould also like to wish everyone a happy & healthy New Year.

wd pump - won easy enough Cool

thought mine had a chance for for a brief moment .. but no.

Report bobbyjo January 1, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
Great shout Pump,thanks
Report PHS January 1, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
WD PumpCool. Hope your health is good this year
Report PHS January 1, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
Carrickcross Boye     12:30    Ayr    Jardine, I    McBratney, C A
Biennial     15:45    Ayr    Duncan, I A    McNamara, Andrew
Report pumphol. January 1, 2018 7:41 PM GMT
Cheers guys Happy
Report PHS January 2, 2018 10:14 PM GMT
Ormskirk    12:40    Southwell    Mullins, J W    Cromwell, Gavin Patrick
Tael O Gold    16:10    Wolverhampton    Egerton, Lucinda    Smith, R Michael
Sam The Rebel    16:10    Wolverhampton    Loughnane, Daniel Mark    Hammond, Mike
Compass Hill     17:10    Wolverhampton    Hughes, Jo    Murphy, John Joseph
British Embassy     17:10    Wolverhampton    Loughnane, David    Turner, W G M

Tree Of Liberty     14:20    Ludlow    Lee, Miss Kerry    Longsdon, C E
Master Of Verse     14:20    Ludlow    Williams, Miss Venetia    Meade, Noel
Braventara    14:50    Ludlow    George, T R    Williams, Nick
Pedulia Alba     15:50    Ludlow    Gardner, Mrs S    Hobbs, P J
King Of Aragon     14:00    Musselburgh    Jardine, I    Anderson, Miss G E J
Full Jack     14:30    Musselburgh    Thomson, A M    Robson, Miss P
Keepinupwitdjones    15:30    Musselburgh    Watt, Mrs S A    Moore, A L T
Report PHS January 3, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
Rubenesque     13:30    Newcastle    Anderson, Miss G E J    Murphy, John Joseph
Dichato     14:40    Newcastle    Williams, S C    Gosden, J H M
Rockley Point    15:45    Newcastle    Scott, Miss Katie    DArcy, P W
Babette     16:35    Wolverhampton    Williams, Ian    Bailey, A
Sword of The Lord    17:05    Wolverhampton    Evans, Mrs N S    Twiston-Davies, N A
Coillte Cailin     17:05    Wolverhampton    Loughnane, Daniel Mark    OMeara, D

Ballyegan Warrior     13:15    Bangor    Dennis, David    Tyner, Robert
Report RozelKid January 4, 2018 8:46 AM GMT
3.45 Newcastle: INSHAA 13/2 EW BOG

Just think this Inshaa has a solid ew chance here - never actually won a race but his best efforts have come here at Newcastle over 7f and a mile off marks of 63 and 65 for Michael Herrington. Changed stables in October to Simon West ...and has been dropped to a mark of 55 now. Im hoping that this could be his day to finally get his first win - a saver on the place market to hopefully get my stakes back.
Report pumphol. January 4, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
Brotherly Company - 3.10 Newcastle 50/1

Clutching at straws ? maybe however a few positives, though last at Southwell it was only beaten six lengths by the winner, now that was its first flat run for 30 months, that  may be as good as it gets but it wasn't mean to handle the surface at Southwell & there are no excuses for horses out of Fast Company at Newcastle on the tapeta,its a tall order &  maybe the agenda will be to go back over the sticks but 25/1 would be a more realistic price so the 50's is a no brainer for a small ew tickle.
Report PHS January 4, 2018 4:32 PM GMT
Sureness     19:45    Kempton    Newcombe, A G    Mann, C J
Nature Boy     20:45    Kempton    Brisland, Robyn    Chapple-Hyam, P W
Sienna Says    12:55    Southwell    Fell, Roger    Carroll, A W
Hamelin Pool    13:30    Southwell    Chapman, M C    Candy, H
Going Native    14:05    Southwell    Williams, Olly    Walker, Ed

Aardwolf     12:40    Wetherby    Greatrex, W J    Johnston, M
Report RozelKid January 5, 2018 2:26 AM GMT
I got stung there , ouch.
Report RozelKid January 5, 2018 2:26 AM GMT
I got stung there , ouch.
Report PHS January 5, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
Lulu Star     18:15    Kempton    Feilden, Miss J    Fahey, R A
St Jamess Park     18:45    Kempton    Smith, R J    McJannet, Luke
Sam Missile     20:15    Kempton    Osborne, J A    Fanshawe, J R
Clowance One    20:15    Kempton    Stubbs, Kristin    Charlton, R
Maazel     13:15    Lingfield    Feilden, Miss J    Varian, Roger
Man Of Harlech    14:20    Lingfield    Boyle, J R    Balding, A M
Tabla    15:30    Lingfield    Steele, Daniel    Carter, Lee

Le Curieux     13:20    Sandown    Powell, B G    Kiely, John E
Hurricane Hollow    15:35    Sandown    Skelton, Daniel    Barron, T D
Report PHS January 6, 2018 6:42 PM GMT
Mr Magill     12:30    Plumpton    Mitchell, Nick    George, Karen
Hier Encore     12:30    Plumpton    Dunger, N A    Menuisier, David
Jully Les Buxy    14:05    Plumpton    Mitchell, Nick    Walford, Robert
Champion Chase     14:05    Plumpton    Bosley, M R    Bailey, K C
Hold The Bucks     15:45    Plumpton    Steele, Daniel    West, Miss Sheena
Report RozelKid January 7, 2018 1:11 PM GMT
2.05 Plumpton : CHAMPION CHASE 28/1 EW BOG

Have to say that i am a little concerned at the drift in prices from the 11/1 on offer last night - but i just cant leave it alone at 28/1 on its first run for the yard- back up in trip should suit and dropping in class.
Report PHS January 7, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
Sandy Cove    17:45    Wolverhampton    Loughnane, David    Murphy, Olly
Jack Bear    17:45    Wolverhampton    Teal, R A    Whittington, H
Rock Icon    18:15    Wolverhampton    Hughes, Jo    Moore, J S
Runthatbymeagain     19:15    Wolverhampton    Williams, Ian    Evans, P D

Brother Norphin    13:45    Fontwell    Mullins, J W    Hodgson, Simon
Rays The Money     15:00    Hereford    Mann, C J    Bell, M L W
Lets Be Happy     15:00    Hereford    Stronge, Ali    Hughes, Richard
Aardwolf     15:00    Hereford    Greatrex, W J    Johnston, M
Boxer Beat     16:00    Hereford    Brooke, Lady Susan    Bryce, T D
Report RozelKid January 7, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
picked the wrong switcher -

Jully Les Buxy wins at 25/1    14:05    Plumpton    Mitchell, Nick    Walford, Robert
Champion Chase     14:05    Plumpton    Bosley, M R    Bailey, K C
Report PHS January 8, 2018 4:30 PM GMT
Plansina    15:30    Southwell    Fell, Roger    Easterby, T D

Paris Protocol    13:25    Doncaster    Walford, Mark    Hannon , Richard
Nobel Duke     13:25    Doncaster    Scudamore, M J    Haggas, W J
Amour Dor    12:35    Taunton    Haywood, Miss G G    Westwood, Miss Jesicca
Applesolutely    13:05    Taunton    Mitford-Slade, R    Hobbs, P J
Pirolo     13:35    Taunton    Hawke, N J    Bolger, J S
Canelie     14:45    Taunton    Fry, Harry    Elliott, Gordon
U Me And Them     15:20    Taunton    Taylor, Miss Hannah    Phillips, A
The Lizard King     15:20    Taunton    Martin, Miss Nicky    Longsdon, C E
Princely Player     15:20    Taunton    Hobbs, Mrs K    Hobbs, P J
Milosam     15:20    Taunton    Chambers, G    Hobbs, P J
Imperial Circus     15:20    Taunton    Mitford-Slade, R    Hobbs, P J
Pedulia Alba     15:50    Taunton    Gardner, Mrs S    Hobbs, P J
Report RozelKid January 8, 2018 5:51 PM GMT
6.15 Wolverhampton: ANTON CHIRGUH 33/1 EW BOG
Report RozelKid January 8, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
Think this ANTON CHIRGUH could have a good ew chance coming back to this trip off its current mark of 60 - Nicola Currie takes off another 5lbs too .
Report RozelKid January 8, 2018 8:28 PM GMT
Running on 5th - just not good enough to compete with these recent in form horses
Report PHS January 9, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
Porto Ferro     18:45    Kempton    Bridger, J J    Scargill, Dr J D
Pollys Gold     13:45    Lingfield    George, Karen    Hughes, Richard

Right On Roy    12:50    Ludlow    Drinkwater, S W    Keighley, M
Bahama Moon     13:20    Ludlow    ONeill, Jonjo    Barron, T D
Shambra     16:05    Ludlow    Wadham, Mrs L    Fell, Roger
Lets Be Happy     16:05    Ludlow    Stronge, Ali    Hughes, Richard
Bois Debene     16:05    Ludlow    Williams, Evan    Oshea, J G M
Report RozelKid January 9, 2018 8:53 PM GMT
4.15 GIFT FROM GOD 20/1 EW BOG

Its another poor race , but GOG's recent run when coming on a running on 5th from the back of the field  does gives me some optimism - I would have preferred GOG being stepped up to a mile but if the jock makes more use of him early on in the race and gets a better position than he did lto  then i can see him having a good place chance.

His previous run at Chelmsford was the first time he had raced on the flat since November 2016 - Im inclined to think that the last run was a bit of a fact finding mission to see where they stand with GOG in a race like this  - plus he has been dropped another 2lb and with the jockey taking of his 7lbs again he is effectively running off bottom weight - so i think he deserves another shot here.
Report PHS January 10, 2018 12:43 PM GMT
19:15  Kem - Elysian Prince 33/1 bit ew and more on the win

Has been in rank bad form over hurdles but has some decent form on the AW, inc a staying on 3rd over C&D (beaten 1L) when he was possibly too far back entering the straight.
Report RozelKid January 10, 2018 3:07 PM GMT
3.35 Ludlow : ASK CATKIN 12/1 EW BOG

Tom Symonds trained runner again- backed him the last 2 times and left a little bit frustrated - hopefully 3rd time lucky with first time in a hcap. His previous runs have shown some promise so im hopeful of more improvement and finally getting in the places.
Report RozelKid January 10, 2018 4:03 PM GMT
ffs - 4th again Cry
Report RozelKid January 10, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
GOG - more like Gift from the Devil - needs a 20 length head start before even being thought as being competitive.
Report PHS January 10, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
Murdanova     18:30    Chelmsford City    Furtado, Ivan    Quinn, Denis P
Youre Always Right     19:00    Chelmsford City    Farrelly, Johnny    Cox, C G
Zircon     20:30    Chelmsford City    Evans, P D    Lavery, Ms Sheila
Good Business     21:00    Chelmsford City    Spiller, Henry    Noseda, J
Gabrials Star    13:55    Newcastle    Fife, Mrs Marjorie    Fahey, R A
Artful Rogue     13:55    Newcastle    Dalgleish, Keith    Perrett, Mrs A J

Pennington    12:30    Catterick    Ross, R A    Johnston, M
Crushed     12:30    Catterick    King, A    Haggas, W J
Steel City    15:45    Catterick    Easterby, M W    Mullins, J W
Silent Doctor     13:15    Leicester    Phillips, A    Brotherton, R
Respectability    14:20    Leicester    Mullineaux, M    Griffiths, D C
Easyondeye     14:50    Leicester    Hamer, Mrs D A    Hanly, Patrick J
Duncomplaining     14:50    Leicester    Sherwood, O    Kinsey, W R
Caprice Danglais     14:50    Leicester    Longsdon, C E    Thomas, Sam
Mr Antolini     15:25    Leicester    Twiston-Davies, N A    Power, Gareth James
Report PHS January 11, 2018 4:30 PM GMT
Embers Glow    13:20    Lingfield    McEntee, P S    Ward, Jason
No Approval     13:50    Lingfield    Bridgwater, D G    Murphy, P J F
Volatile    15:20    Lingfield    Osborne, J A    Tate, James
Griffin Street    20:15    Newcastle    Whillans, A C    Jardine, I

Bentons Lad    14:10    Sedgefield    Walford, Mark    McBratney, C A
Report PHS January 11, 2018 8:10 PM GMT

Dec 22, 2017 -- 4:59AM, PHS wrote:

20:15 Marshall Aid ew 25/1 or 18/1 1/5 odds 123 w/o Ted's BrotherLong time maiden but has some good form over C&D and drops in class here. Trainer is in good form. Jockey is the negative and so is the fact that Nicola Currie doesn't ride when she's at the track.I've gone with the 18's w/o Fav and would be disappointed if this isn't in the first four (and hopefully the fav is too)

This ran awful when I backed it on Dec 22 (see above). Ran tonight and won. Guess who was riding!

Report REDROB January 11, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
4-00 Huntingdon.

2 picks in this for me. Oh Michelle 11/2 , probably be shorter by off time & Frozen Motion 16/1 likely to be bigger. Both making hurdles debut, Really liked Michelles final bumper run behind Dame Rose and Mariahs Benefit, who have both gone on since hurdling. Taking a chance on being race fit after a year off but feel 11/2 is a little big, should be vying for favouritism.

Frozen Motion, Black Sam Mare, so gotta back her. Sam's progeny now showing ability over timber, Shivermetimbers ran well against a hotpot yesterday as did Sams Gunner today, half a furlong more would've won, and of course Sam Spinner stands out as the best so far, please win the stayers. FM won her last point 3 months back and shouldnt be lacking in fitness, will back her each way hopefully at much bigger than 16.
Report RozelKid January 11, 2018 8:24 PM GMT

Jan 11, 2018 -- 2:10PM, PHS wrote:

Dec 22, 2017 -- 10:59AM, PHS wrote:20:15 Marshall Aid ew 25/1 or 18/1 1/5 odds 123 w/o Ted's BrotherLong time maiden but has some good form over C&D and drops in class here. Trainer is in good form. Jockey is the negative and so is the fact that Nicola Currie doesn't ride when she's at the track.I've gone with the 18's w/o Fav and would be disappointed if this isn't in the first four (and hopefully the fav is too)This ran awful when I backed it on Dec 22 (see above). Ran tonight and won. Guess who was riding!

Always the way PHS - i remembered your selection last night and seen it was so well hcapped - managed to get a bit of 10s - it didn't last long and was clipped into 7/1 last night

Report PHS January 11, 2018 8:54 PM GMT
WD RKCool
Report PHS January 12, 2018 4:37 PM GMT
George Dryden     13:25    Lingfield    Wallis, Charlie    Duffield, Mrs A
Ghalib     14:00    Lingfield    Simcock, D M    Murphy, Amy
Qassem     14:35    Lingfield    Osborne, J A    Palmer, Hugo
Avocet     15:10    Lingfield    Murphy, Olly    Feilden, Miss J
Outrath     15:40    Lingfield    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim
Bennelong    15:40    Lingfield    Steele, Daniel    Carter, Lee
Rock Icon    17:45    Wolverhampton    Hughes, Jo    Moore, J S
Ok By Me     17:45    Wolverhampton    Williams, Ian    Evans, P D
Borus Brook     18:45    Wolverhampton    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim
Foxy Boy    19:45    Wolverhampton    Bastiman, Rebecca    Dods, M
Eyes of Fire    20:15    Wolverhampton    Norton, J R    Pears, Ollie

Rays The Money     12:20    Kempton    Mann, C J    Bell, M L W
Wishfull Dreaming    14:40    Kempton    Murphy, Olly    Hobbs, P J
Charming Zen     15:45    Kempton    Henderson, N J    Skelton, Daniel
Craggaknock    14:50    Wetherby    Guest, R C    Walford, Mark
Report RozelKid January 12, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
1.25 Lingfield: LEO MINOR 10/1 EW BOG

Joined the Cowell yard from Aiden O Brien in November , lightly raced and is better drawn tomorrow .  Re-opposes a couple of these that he ran against 2 weeks ago - Going to take my chances that he is fitter tomorrow and will put in an improved performance.
Report RozelKid January 13, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
Tough day - Kept the faith with MILANSBAR though - great ride from Briony
Report PHS January 13, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
WD RKCool
Report PHS January 13, 2018 8:32 PM GMT
African Trader     15:25    Southwell    Furtado, Ivan    Loughnane, Daniel Mark
Scribner Creek     15:55    Southwell    Furtado, Ivan    Quinn, Denis P

Lord Napier     13:10    Kelso    Bowen, P    Ryan, J
Winged Crusader     15:45    Kelso    Waugh, Miss A    Twiston-Davies, N A
Thomond     15:45    Kelso    Alexander, N W    Meade, Noel
Al Co     15:45    Kelso    Bowen, Mickey    Bowen, P
Report HoofArted January 13, 2018 11:58 PM GMT
Hi folks, back again after an enforced absence (for medical reasons).

Really like the bottom weighted pair in the 13:40 at Kelso. Dexcite is yet to be proven at this level, though very well handicapped, but both of his wins in lower grades have been on good ground, so 7/2 at the mo seems too short for me.  Monfass should have a good tilt at this as he won lto in this class carrying 11-0 on similar ground.  Tomorrow carries just 9-9 with the claim, so i’ve played Monfass @ 10/1.

Good luck all.
Report RozelKid January 14, 2018 3:52 AM GMT
Hi Hoof , hope you're better -  good luck tomorrow.
Report PHS January 14, 2018 12:47 PM GMT
Yes, welcome back Hoof, and good health to you.
Report PHS January 14, 2018 4:37 PM GMT
Outer Space    17:10    Wolverhampton    Flint, J L    Osborne, J A
Island Song     18:10    Wolverhampton    Anderson, Miss G E J    Murphy, John Joseph
De Coronado     18:40    Wolverhampton    Durack, S    OBrien, A P

Harmonise    13:25    Plumpton    West, Miss Sheena    Channon, M R
Austin Friars    16:10    Plumpton    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim
Report PHS January 14, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
Nice 16/1 if you did it ew Hoof
Report RozelKid January 14, 2018 7:51 PM GMT
3.40 Plumpton: JUDGE JUDY 33/1 EW BOG

Taking a bit of a flyer with this Lawney Hill 5yo debutant. Breeding looks pretty good but apart from that its a real stab in the dark. Charlie Deutsch takes the ride and rides the fav in the previous race so possibly a good day for him. Connections are no mugs either.

Maybe one to just keep a close eye on in the market - it could drift out massively so im being cautious
Report RozelKid January 14, 2018 7:51 PM GMT
Nice place Hoof - massive tricast in that race
Report RozelKid January 14, 2018 8:04 PM GMT

Dec 26, 2017 -- 1:38PM, RozelKid wrote:

I ve decided to leave the race alone i.e 4.55 wolvJust the two for me tomorrow2.50 Chepstow : MILANSBAR 20/1 EW BOGRan a good trial leading into this and is well hcapped on some of his past form - going to love the ground too . The weight could be key there tomorrow and everything looks right for him imo 3.15 Wetherby: BORDER VICTOR 14/1 EW BOG NAPBeen slipping down the weights all year due to some down the field performances across a variance of trips - wears headgear for the first time tomorrow and i wouldn't be surprised if it shows a massive improvement - speculative choice but enough interests me to make it my NAP

3.55 Ayr BORDER VICTOR 16/1 EW BOG

Intheknow, (regular poster) pointed out that he believed that a step down in trip is what BV look like he needs when running over 3m at Wetherby , i agreed  and on that basis im keeping the faith putting him up again for tomorrow when he tackles 2m 41/2 f at Ayr.

The handicapper has dropped him another 4lbs after that Wetherby run and Lorcan Murtagh takes the ride claiming another valuable 5lb -a very promising jockey.

Fingers crossed that he gets competitive

Report intheknow January 14, 2018 9:16 PM GMT
Positives for me are that it's down in trip & has Lorcan in the plate. He's only recently returned from a lay off but did ride a winner at Sedgefield on Friday. Good value for his claim

Negatives are the likely bottomless ground which will make it a stamina sapping test anyway. It's forecast to rain all through the night up there so don't be surprised if you wake up to find that it's abandoned

Pieces are on for the first time too, but it's anyones guess if that will make any difference

I'll probably play tomorrow but half-stakes until the ground hopefully dries out a bit over the coming weeks
Report RozelKid January 15, 2018 1:22 AM GMT
7.40 Wolverhampton: MAGS WELL 18/1 EW BOG

I think there is a 5f class 6/7 race  to be won with this ex irish filly at some point this year , ran a couple of good races at Wolverhampton last year in June/July for Irish trainer E Linehan - both runs were over 6f/7f where she easily lead and only to get headed late on in both races.

Her last run at Wolves was in December with Timmy Murphy on board,  whilst making the pace she weakened from the 4f pole and looked to be running on the spot . She was a 50/1 that day and was possibly running to get a further reduction in her mark, she may also have had a wind operation since... but we won't officially know stuff like that until after the 19th January.

I think she is worth another go with K T O'Neill taking the ride - His only ride of the day and waits till near 8pm to get it. The filly is also entered for a 6f race at Kempton at Tuesday.... but im in no doubt that the shorter the trip the better chance she has of winning one of these poor sprint hcaps.
Report RozelKid January 15, 2018 1:29 AM GMT

Jan 14, 2018 -- 7:22PM, RozelKid wrote:

7.40 Wolverhampton: MAGS WELL 18/1 EW BOGI think there is a 5f class 6/7 race  to be won with this ex irish filly at some point this year , ran a couple of good races at Wolverhampton last year in June/July for Irish trainer E Linehan - both runs were over 6f/7f where she easily lead and only to get headed late on in both races.Her last run at Wolves was in December with Timmy Murphy on board,  whilst making the pace she weakened from the 4f pole and looked to be running on the spot . She was a 50/1 that day and was possibly running to get a further reduction in her mark, she may also have had a wind operation since... but we won't officially know stuff like that until after the 19th January.I think she is worth another go with K T O'Neill taking the ride - His only ride of the day and waits till near 8pm to get it. The filly is also entered for a 6f race at Kempton at Tuesday.... but im in no doubt that the shorter the trip the better chance she has of winning one of these poor sprint hcaps.

also wears pieces for the first time.

Report intheknow January 15, 2018 2:48 PM GMT
Border NR,  too heavy?
Report RozelKid January 15, 2018 3:09 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2018 -- 8:48AM, intheknow wrote:

Border NR,

Report RozelKid January 15, 2018 3:15 PM GMT
Plumpton was bad enough - but this was the cherry on the top.
Report intheknow January 15, 2018 4:05 PM GMT
Lol

I'm sure that having 16/1+ about a 6/1 poke thats a NR as wouldn't like the ground won't make you feel too frustrated Laugh
Report PHS January 15, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
Teardrop Island     18:10    Kempton    Evans, P D    OBrien, Joseph Patrick
Elusive Cowboy     19:10    Kempton    Butler, P    Gordon, C
Slowfoot     20:10    Kempton    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim

Sable Island     12:20    Hereford    Murphy, Olly    Stoute, Sir Michael
Romanor    12:20    Hereford    Mullins, J W    Walker, Ed
Percy Thrower     12:20    Hereford    Davies, Miss Sarah-Jayne    Hills, Charles
Cosy Club     12:20    Hereford    Skelton, Daniel    Keatley, Adrian Paul
Broughtons Admiral    12:20    Hereford    Ralph, Alastair    Spiller, Henry
Murphys Nails    13:25    Hereford    Lee, Miss Kerry    Symonds, Tom
Everyday Everyhour    15:40    Hereford    Lee, Miss Kerry    Elliott, Gordon
Born To Size     15:40    Hereford    Woollacott, R M    Burke, W J
Report RozelKid January 15, 2018 7:06 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2018 -- 10:05AM, intheknow wrote:

LolI'm sure that having 16/1+ about a 6/1 poke thats a NR as wouldn't like the ground won't make you feel too frustrated

It probably was the ground but can we be sure of that ? Confused

It will be annoying if it opens up at 5/1-7/1 the next time its declared.

Report intheknow January 15, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
yes might well be underpriced next time but every race is different so best to look at it with a clean slate
Report PHS January 16, 2018 4:51 PM GMT
Lucky Violet     18:00    Newcastle    Perratt, Miss L A    Jardine, I

Midnight Monty    15:10    Market Rasen    Snowden, Jamie    Lacey, T
Lex Talionis     13:20    Newbury    Mann, C J    Meade, Noel
Sandro Botticelli     13:50    Newbury    Dunn, Mrs Alex    Ryan, J
Nelsons Touch    13:50    Newbury    Mullins, J W    Coakley, D J
Report PHS January 17, 2018 4:28 PM GMT
Wapping     19:30    Chelmsford City    Osborne, J A    Lanigan, D R
Taqwaa     19:30    Chelmsford City    Morgan, Miss Laura    Hannon , Richard
Echo Brava    19:30    Chelmsford City    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim
Port Soif    12:50    Southwell    Slack, Kenneth    OMeara, D
Filbert Street    13:50    Southwell    Furtado, Ivan    Cowell, R M H
Last Chance Paddy     14:55    Southwell    Haynes, Sally    Swinbank, G A

Trojan Lass     13:00    Ludlow    Oliver, Henry    Bromhead, Henry De
Wild Bill     15:10    Ludlow    Rucker, Mrs A    Randell, Miss S
Boxer Beat     15:45    Ludlow    Brooke, Lady Susan    Bryce, T D
Beau Phil     13:40    Wincanton    Scott, J    Nicholls, P F
Report GEORGE.B January 18, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
pumphol.
     04 Jan 18 14:17

Brotherly Company - 3.10 Newcastle 50/1

Clutching at straws ? maybe however a few positives, though last at Southwell it was only beaten six lengths by the winner, now that was its first flat run for 30 months, that  may be as good as it gets but it wasn't mean to handle the surface at Southwell & there are no excuses for horses out of Fast Company at Newcastle on the tapeta,its a tall order &  maybe the agenda will be to go back over the sticks but 25/1 would be a more realistic price so the 50's is a no brainer for a small ew tickle.

I hope Pinza kept the faith with that one MischiefWink
33s this morning, hope you had a bit on pumphol.

PHS
Report pumphol. January 18, 2018 4:14 PM GMT
Sad
Report GEORGE.B January 18, 2018 4:23 PM GMT
Cry
Report pumphol. January 18, 2018 4:26 PM GMT
Goes back to Newcastle it would be a similar price & I would be all over it, that's the way it goes though.
Report GEORGE.B January 18, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
Shamrokh, 1pt win @ 5-1, 7.30 Chelmsford

The race that Brotherly Company ran in the day pumphol tipped him, the visual impression was that the leaders did plenty on the sharp end and in the circumstances perhaps the run of Shamrokh wants marking up given that of the market principals, he was the one who sat closest to the pace; that was his first attempt at the trip and there seemed little doubt that he stayed the trip well, keeping on well to lead inside the final furlong and only getting done on the post.

Potential negatives are that the assessor has put him up 3lb for finishing runner-up in that classified event and he's up in grade here, also he did look to have a hard enough race given he chased what were probably overly strong fractions and his jockey got a whip ban.

However he is obviously unexposed at the trip and he has cheekpieces back on, which he wore the sole time he won (when trained by John Gosden).
Report pumphol. January 18, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
Best of luck George
Report PHS January 18, 2018 4:57 PM GMT
Appleby not really hitting the bulls-eye atm?, but GL George. My two fancies in that race (the only one I've played today) are the Fav and Nonios; just done a small fcast.
Report PHS January 18, 2018 5:06 PM GMT
Oregon Gift    15:05    Lingfield    Mann, C J    Ellison, B
Trick Of The Lyte     19:45    Newcastle    Brooke, Julia    Quinn, J J
Shudbeme    20:15    Newcastle    Spencer, Seb    Bycroft, N
Kingstreet Lady    20:45    Newcastle    Carr, Mrs R A    Price, R J

Toboggans Fire    13:45    Musselburgh    McCain Jnr, D    Duffield, Mrs A
Northern Beau     13:45    Musselburgh    Scudamore, M J    Cannon, Miss Clare Louise
Asylo     16:00    Musselburgh    Holmes, P F    Skelton, Daniel
Report GEORGE.B January 18, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
Cheers pumphol.

Good luck PHS, presume Nonios will need a pace to run at given his usual run style, but if Wapping and Shamrokh go at it, with chased leader types also in attendance, he may get it.
Report Macintoshmatty January 18, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
I thought Nonios at the prices would be my pick, not a strong choice though
Report GEORGE.B January 18, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
Well done PHS and Matty. Looked like they kept him closer to the pace this time and it paid off.

Shamrokh had his chance (traded around 5/4), but it looked like the 3lb rise / up in grade, just found him out.
Report PHS January 18, 2018 7:47 PM GMT
WD MacCool. I should stick to win bets.
Report PHS January 18, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
Was good to discuss the race with you guys anyway. Always interested in other people's opinions on a race I've studied. Keep it coming, even if it's to tell me why mine won't win.
Report Pinza January 18, 2018 8:22 PM GMT

POS    assist    form    HORSE and draw    DIFF    AGE
won    w    37431     Beau Mistral 3    32-    8 
won    w    98x41     Veena 5            2-    4 
won dht    xw    434x1     Atalante 2    1-    4 
won    w    21     Diagnostic 4    2+    3 
r6    w    5x441     Cool Breeze 2    4-    4 
Report Macintoshmatty January 18, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
To be honest its one of the few things I did get right tonight
Thought a lot of the other shorties would win
So it goes!!
Report PHS January 19, 2018 4:58 PM GMT
Idyllic     19:15    Chelmsford City    Barr, Brian    Stoute, Sir Michael
Lunar Mist    20:15    Chelmsford City    Guest, Rae    Dunlop, E A L
Cherubic    20:45    Chelmsford City    Evans, P D    Hills, Charles
Briyouni     12:20    Lingfield    Beckett, R M    Ryan, K A
Fearsome    15:10    Lingfield    Littmoden, N P    Beckett, R M

Harmonise    12:40    Ascot    West, Miss Sheena    Channon, M R
Cold March     14:15    Taunton    Whittington, H    Williams, Miss Venetia
Report PHS January 20, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
There are no UK switchers tomorrow
Report RozelKid January 21, 2018 4:13 AM GMT
1.55 Chelmsford : DUBAI WAVES 16/1 EW BOG

Joined the Newcombe stable from the Hugo Palmer yard in October ...and is pretty unexposed over this trip and class imo.

Hugo Palmer raced DW over a mile for six of her seven lifetime starts in 2017 . A few of her earlier runs in maidens last year could give reason to a speculative argument that a drop to a fast run 7f could actually suit her here at Chelmsford if trying to make the pace

The drop in class is another eye catching factor- so this combination  makes me want to speculate as this is definitely the worst race she has ever run in . If she is fit and ready to run her race then she could be massively underestimated imo - like i say its far too early to give up on already - just got to hope that the trainer has her fit and ready to go after her first two runs for the yard at wolv and southwell.

AG Newcombe has another two entries out today which i may have an interest in - will just keep an eye on them at this point- They are called Spellmaker 11/1 in the 4.30 , and Kay Sera 22/1 in the 2.55.
Report GEORGE.B January 21, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
Well done RozelKid Cool
Report dibdob January 21, 2018 3:20 PM GMT
Very nicely done Roz. Got on it for a few quid after my selection was withdrawn so TY.
Report PHS January 21, 2018 3:36 PM GMT
Outstanding tipping (and BOG) RKCool. Makes all the hard work you put in worthwhile.
Report PHS January 21, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
Is that 33/1 with a reformed market, no R4 for the late withdrawal?
Report PHS January 21, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
Yes, it is;

Switched left soon after start, held up in touch in midfield, closed to chase leaders and switched left 1f out, soon ridden and challenging, ran on to lead well inside final furlong (new market op 25/1)

Even more amazing then.
Report Macintoshmatty January 21, 2018 4:00 PM GMT
Well found PHS, very well done
Report PHS January 21, 2018 4:16 PM GMT
Not me Mac, RK.
Report RozelKid January 21, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
Ta lads, couldn't believe the price at the off.

done a few ew doubles with Dubai -

the other parts of doubles

Newcombe's other 4.30 Spellmaker 16/1 , 3.55 George Dryden 11/4
Report Macintoshmatty January 21, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
apologies to RozelKid
Good pick with Dubai Waves
Good luck with Spellmaker
Report PHS January 21, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
International Law    18:50    Wolverhampton    Brittain, Antony    Meehan, B J
Gabrial The Thug     18:50    Wolverhampton    Morris, Patrick    Williams, Ian

Jamhoori    13:25    Fakenham    Best, Suzi    Best, Jim
Flynnvincible    14:55    Fakenham    Murphy, Olly    Stanners, Edward
Flow With Eve    15:55    Fakenham    Murphy, Olly    Turner, W G M
Report pumphol. January 21, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
Excellent work Rozel Cool

Postbridge - 1.25 Fakenham 33/1

Class 5 hcp hurdle, this is only posts 5th hcp hurdle run & the first time he runs in a class 5, all four previous efforts in this sphere have been over further, first  career win was over this distance of two miles in the mud at Plumpton, first two career runs were at Fakenham where it came second twice in bumpers, going will be testing tomorrow & Gavin Sheehan takes the ride for the first time since winning on the horse which was the last time it ran over two miles in a hurdle race, dropped 17lb in that ten months & would think it can be competitive in this company, yes Gin & Tonic & Northandsouth both have better chances on paper but the price just seems too big not to play.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now