Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
laughingmike
03 Feb 14 10:37
| Topic/replies: 105 | Blogger: laughingmike's blog
Does anyone keep stats? He seems to be having an abysmal run.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Tom Segal/Pricewise Extra
Show More
Report Deltâ February 3, 2014 10:44 AM GMT
yes
Report WFT February 3, 2014 11:36 AM GMT
He's had a poor start to the year with only 4 winners from 34 selections, with 19 consecutive losers, according to my stats.

However, as Pricewise Extra, he has only had one year (2011) where he failed to show a profit.
Report BlazingWalker February 3, 2014 1:09 PM GMT
Tom Segal was brilliant for the first 2 years of PW Extra but them days have been long gone , and he showed a large loss to advised prices for PWE last year.

Tom Segal PW/PWE might as well be two different people.

Tom comes into his own with better racing , his heart doesn't seem to be in the small time stuff that PWE covers.
Report laughingmike February 3, 2014 1:16 PM GMT
Thanks WFT/Blazing Walker.
Report WFT February 3, 2014 1:16 PM GMT
he showed a large loss to advised prices for PWE last year.

Not according to my stats. His ROI was 8.9%, and that was using prices that were available at the time the selection was known to me, and therefore usually a lot less than advertised prices.

Why would it be different people ? That makes no sense. They're quite happy to put a name to Richard Baker, so why would they sacrifice the Tom Segal brand, by having someone else using his name. You're on cloud cuckoo land, if you believe that.
Report BlazingWalker February 3, 2014 1:19 PM GMT
I do have all his bets recored last year and he deffo made a large loss , when i have time not sure when i will post all his winners for last year from PWE and tot up his losers.
Report laughingmike February 3, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
WFT, I think BlazingWalker is saying that Tom on a Saturday for quality racing is much better than Tom when he covers the minor stuff, he's not saying that someone else is doing the tips.
Report BlazingWalker February 3, 2014 1:29 PM GMT
Right 91 losers at 1pt last year.

and winners at 13/2 13/2 8/1 10/1 8/1 7/2 8/1 10/1 10/1 R4s included.

So that -20.50 pts .
Report BlazingWalker February 3, 2014 1:29 PM GMT
those are figs for PWE last year.
Report WFT February 3, 2014 1:34 PM GMT
WFT, I think BlazingWalker is saying that Tom on a Saturday for quality racing is much better than Tom when he covers the minor stuff, he's not saying that someone else is doing the tips.

OK, perhaps I was taking "two different people " too literally.
Report loper February 3, 2014 1:55 PM GMT
The main Pricewise tipping is much easier because he has a list of overbroke prices to work from.

A computer would be be a far more successful way of operating the Pricewise column.
Report WFT February 3, 2014 2:09 PM GMT
The main Pricewise tipping is much easier because he has a list of overbroke prices to work from.

A computer would be be a far more successful way of operating the Pricewise column.

Perhaps you would like to expand, because on first inspection both sentences would seem to be complete and utter nonsense.

Pricewise has the same list of prices as we all do, unless I'm missing something.

I worked in I.T. for over 30 years, and I'm still waiting for a computer to pick a winner !
Report swift-tuttle February 3, 2014 2:22 PM GMT
now that you have seen Blazing Walker's results for last year WFT, do you accept that you were mistaken in your previous assertions?
Report loper February 3, 2014 2:37 PM GMT
Pricewise has the same list of prices as we all do, unless I'm missing something.

I worked in I.T. for over 30 years, and I'm still waiting for a computer to pick a winner !

I do not see the prices that Pricewise works from until I get a copy of the Racing Post. This is 12 hours after Pricewise has cherry picked the juiciest.

I also worked in IT for 30 years and identifying the prices most out of line is the simplest thing you could ever program.
Report WFT February 3, 2014 2:38 PM GMT
now that you have seen Blazing Walker's results for last year WFT, do you accept that you were mistaken in your previous assertions?

I think my stats differ because in 2013 the Racing Post started putting up Pricewise tips online, as well as the Pricewise Extra ones. I have records on 429 tips which explains the anomaly. I don't differentiate between Pricewise and Pricewise Extra, because I classify my tips by the person where possible. For example I have every Spotlight tipster by name that has made a nap.

So, it would seem likely that BlazingWalker is correct in his Pricewise Extra figures, but Tom Segal did make a profit in 2013, which is what I was clumsily trying to say.

The original OP didn't make it clear if he was talking about Tom Segal generally, or just as Pricewise Extra.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now