Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IAMNOTARADDISH
30 Nov 13 18:08
| Topic/replies: 15 | Blogger: IAMNOTARADDISH's blog
has anyone else today been restricted by this lot . only had an active account with these for 3 weeks winning around 1200 quid and the dreaded curtains have been closed at least other firms closed accounts after a few months. they have said a select amount of accounts have had their privleges taken away.dont make me laugh
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ladbrokes u r joking
Show More
Report swift-tuttle December 1, 2013 7:58 PM GMT
you lot want to bet on your own terms and then you moan about getting knocked back
if it was simply a matter of getting the money on you would do it on here either few minutes before the off or at betfair sp
Report homefortea December 1, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
Not withstanding (!) the usual half-wits who post on here just do what I do..

Get Equal...

My broker (!) reckons that with my posts on various Social Networks under many different usernames I may have knocked off 10% of their share price.

Imagine if that was repeated ten times over...
Report homefortea December 1, 2013 8:37 PM GMT
I am not sure who swift-tuttle is but surely it is past his bedtime....
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 1, 2013 9:07 PM GMT
Happy ^^^^
Report dr . atkins December 1, 2013 10:49 PM GMT
swift-tuttle you should not be aloud to gamble
Report enpekd December 1, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
my account has also been "amended", not to b enefit from any "bonuses", had the temerity to win 1200 in the past year,
suggest we all join the stop the fobts.com , they have a page on facebook too,
the campaign is about trying to lower the limits and stop them opening more shops,
especially in deprived areas
Report racingstar December 1, 2013 11:19 PM GMT
Yet another thinly veiled,"look how clever I am to be restricted" thread.
Get in the Shops and still get on,imo..
Of course,that means you might have to get out of your chairs.
Report enpekd December 1, 2013 11:36 PM GMT
dont worry mate, you might get one yerself one day..
Report racingstar December 1, 2013 11:38 PM GMT
Henny,
If you have not got the nous to " get on",carry on bleating on here (perhaps it makes you feel better).
Report enpekd December 1, 2013 11:50 PM GMT
Badblokes "GET ON !" ,( but, not online,)(nor in the shops if you win)
Report racingstar December 1, 2013 11:52 PM GMT
ROFFL
Report hello :-) December 2, 2013 12:05 AM GMT
I remember startin up my account 3 years ago with a tenner , before they realised I got that up to £400,000 in a couple of weeks

then the e mail came telling me I was the most dangerous punter in northern Europe and they restricted me to 50p patents , the absoloute %^£( ,   no warning either

I think this should be brought up in the house of commons
Report enpekd December 2, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
and i would take 1.01 your last bet was a loser
Report racingstar December 2, 2013 12:32 AM GMT
1/100 about an absolute guess about hello?
That would sum you up perfectly,Henny.
Goodnight.
Report hello :-) December 2, 2013 12:43 AM GMT
Laugh
Report dukeofpuke December 2, 2013 1:47 AM GMT

Dec 1, 2013 -- 1:18AM, Alkeyhole wrote:

Their profits aren't guaranteed if they were everyone would be buying shares in them in the certain knowledge they could only go up.This chat is as dumb as all the banker-hating, energy-company hating, starbucks-hating and amazon-hating garbage that is all we read nowadays.Companies try to make profit, what a surprise.  No-one here is jetting off to North Korea anytime soon so the hypocrisy is a joke.Just sayin'...

dont quote 'amazon hating garbage ' until you have seen the panorama program about how they treat their staff etc

Report Navel-Gazer December 2, 2013 3:11 AM GMT
All these scum bookies are the same...spouting on about non-existent prices and endlessly patting themselves on the back.

Just who gets these prices with offers like 'Joke Orals' My Tent Or Yours at 5/2 (4/6 was the norm) & Sprinter Sacre (Evens instead of 1/4 at Cheltenham) for a measly £20?
It's not even worth all the farting around to get your Mrs to open an account as the 'offer' happens just ONCE - and for what? £20 profit when Sprinter Sacre waltzes home?

Try asking the fcukers where you can find a basic profit/loss running total on your account...they don't seem to provide that very necessary facility - I wonder why? Confused

Utter shíthouses, shysters & charlatans the lot of 'em!
Parasitic, deceitful, ball-less fcuks Angry
Report mick9694 December 2, 2013 3:28 AM GMT
to be honest the whole system is rotten , look at atr , most of the presenters worked with ladbrokes , of top of my head boyce , ennis and d. williams, actually boyce was a spokesman for them , you never hear one iota of criticism being aired on the station bout ladbrokes, these so called presenters are gravy trainers that have no regard for the punter what so ever
Report jed.davison December 2, 2013 10:36 AM GMT
Ennis joined SIS not long after I did, he had worked for Ladbrokes in their shops iirc. Even if you gave him a platform to abuse them though, I would imagine he'd still rather talk about racing and punting as that's all he ever talked about.

He'd wanted to be a commentator since he was a boy, and he has worked bloody hard to make that happen.

And the reason you never hear anything about Ladbrokes is because Ladbrokes are a major shareholder in SIS and thus ATR. Not many people are foolish enough to use their time on the air to slate the employer who put them there.
Report swift-tuttle December 2, 2013 3:03 PM GMT
the funny thing I knew this was a thread put up by betfair (under an OP that they knew was now redundant) just to generate the vilification of Laddies in the hopre that it might do them some good ....
Report swift-tuttle December 2, 2013 3:04 PM GMT
*is *hope
Report northanlite December 2, 2013 4:56 PM GMT
well you know the old saying tuttle,
just 'cos your paranoid doesn't mean ladbrokes aren't still a shower of c**ts
Report mick9694 December 2, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
totally agree northanlite
Report mick9694 December 2, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
totally agree northanlite
Report Ballydoyle December 2, 2013 5:57 PM GMT
Ive won 290 pounds with them and had best odds taken away and limited to a fiver a nag. The worlds biggest bookmaker. LaughLaughLaugh
Report swift-tuttle December 2, 2013 6:33 PM GMT
the constant surprise from all concerned that this actually is happening

that's what bemuses me
Report Alias December 2, 2013 6:39 PM GMT
they will meet their match eventualy,just as the banks have and the energy lot

The energy lot? Banks? You're joking, I assume. Free to shaft indiscriminately. Worse than any bookmakers too, at least you can elect NOT to bet.
Report Alias December 2, 2013 6:45 PM GMT
incidentally is there anybody left in the uk
with a skybet or boyles account?

LaughLaughLaugh

My last account with Boyle was closed after 7 bets, with the account losing £241. I was beating SP etc, obviously. You don't have to win with these jerks, it's enough that they don't like your style of losing.
Report swift-tuttle December 2, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Alias December 2, 2013 7:00 PM GMT
racingstar 01 Dec 13 23:19 Joined: 22 Oct 08 | Topic/replies: 2,915 | Blogger: racingstar's blog
Yet another thinly veiled,"look how clever I am to be restricted" thread.
Get in the Shops and still get on,imo..
Of course,that means you might have to get out of your chairs.

Not true. I'm persona non grata in my nearest seven WH shops. More besides that too. Lads not quite so bad. I can only assume that if you continue to get what you want with any of the big 2 or 3, then you're not winning or even close to it. Most recently, on Saturday, in a branch I hardly visit, I was cut from 50 to a tenner on an 8/1 chance, and from 100 to 25 on a 6/4 chance. A few years ago I'd have got at least twice what I asked on Sat, no problem. I was trying to keep below the radar.Laugh
Report homefortea December 2, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
Any half wit that still has any Ladbrokes shares get them sold..

Again the once proud firm is nothing.Rented shops,poor staff,an internet site that must have been designed by Fred Flintstone,no traders and no punters.

And they have the audacity to open a PTP site..

For fecks sake who is allowed to use that.Even my granny is banned for having the audacity to back the winner of the Grand National.....
Report racingstar December 2, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
Alias,
I rarely frequent the "Shops" but I am happy to get others to do so on my behalf.
IHTH.
Report homefortea December 2, 2013 10:20 PM GMT
I Ham The Homosexual...Shocked
Report racingstar December 2, 2013 10:25 PM GMT
A nice play on words,homefortea!
Report homefortea December 2, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
Racingstar I am old fella who does not understand ....Laugh
Report racingstar December 2, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
I do understand and Tom Daley can have my share,homefortea.
Report The judge69 December 3, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
All so called bookies the same and I've had more than 1 acc with most of them through friends etc. the only acc I can still use to reasonable amounts is Billys

VC £3.65 Sid james, Paddy all laughable firms, Boyle closed acc recently even though it was showing a loss.

Getting down to shops isn't as easy as it once was either with sometimes bets of more than £20 being referred.

They all have these ads on the tele and they must pay talksport a fortune to advertise and come on and tell the world we are best priced about this and that. I've offered talksport many times the chance to talk to me live on air about the so called bookies and the speed at account closure and restrictions. I'm still waiting to be interviwed
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 3:17 PM GMT
Oh what it must be like to be such a great punter nobody wants your business.

Have you lot heard yourselves, Jesus! The reason most bookies won't lay bets to certain people is because they're arbing, or pinching each way money. The fact you lot are whining on here the Betfair Forum, you know Betfair where you lay things off, suggests me to that you're a bunch of arbers, who probably haven't got a clue.

But hey, lets not forget nobody loses on here.

I'm ashamed to have even responded to this thread.
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 3:34 PM GMT
bookies don't arb do they Roy-oi Laugh
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 3:53 PM GMT
Is roy-oi an orber?....    Grin
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 3:53 PM GMT
.. son  ?
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 4:28 PM GMT
Regardless of what bookies do Big Boss, we as punters/customers have the choice whether to bet with them, the competition or on the exchanges. Much in the same way, the bookies have the choice of who they wish to do business with, for the very same reasons.

It's an on-going battle between both camps.

But what you will tend to find is, even if people could get their big (maybe imaginary) bets on, the one big question I have to ask is... Would these punters/customers still want to have the said bets if their was no liquidity on the exchanges to get out of them at a later date? I would be more than comfortable placing my money on NO and deep down you will probably agree with me.
Report northanlite December 3, 2013 4:28 PM GMT
poor old roi-oi, there are always a few who will swallow any old lie as long as it is repeated often enough. i dare say there are still a good few arbers out there but i know guys who would struggle to switch on a PC let alone use betfair but have had 20 odd year old phone accounts suddenly closed or severely restricted.
those guys think an arber is where the boats are moored but were simply deemed not profitable enough anymore.
Report there there my dear December 3, 2013 4:33 PM GMT
Bookmakers = legalised criminals, only one down from paedophiles.
Report swift-tuttle December 3, 2013 4:41 PM GMT
another redundant account being used ^
Report patrick starr December 3, 2013 4:51 PM GMT
roy-oi 03 Dec 13 16:28 Joined: 23 Jun 10 | Topic/replies: 108 | Blogger: roy-oi's blog
Regardless of what bookies do Big Boss, we as punters/customers have the choice whether to bet with them, the competition or on the exchanges. Much in the same way, the bookies have the choice of who they wish to do business with, for the very same reasons.

It's an on-going battle between both camps.

But what you will tend to find is, even if people could get their big (maybe imaginary) bets on, the one big question I have to ask is... Would these punters/customers still want to have the said bets if their was no liquidity on the exchanges to get out of them at a later date? I would be more than comfortable placing my money on NO and deep down you will probably agree with me.

if they employed someone capable of pricing a race in 1st place there'd be a lot less arbs and the thieving scum bags wouldnt be able to steal a living piggy backing the knowledge of those that know what they are doing.
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 4:53 PM GMT
Why is it poor old roy-oi? I don't struggle to get bets on, nor do I bet big. Merely raising points on here yet suddenly people start turning on me, whats up lads don't like the truth?

Again TTMD, we all have the choice to bet where we like and with who we like, we don't have to bet with the bookies anymore, and well if the price isn't right for all parties, don't have a bet.

Northanlite, as for your friends, I don't find it difficult to believe you would be mates with a bunch of imbeciles, however do make sure you make them aware they can bet freely on Betfair, hell lucky them - they will probably be betting at bigger prices and have the ability to lay their bets off, of course they wouldn't know this.
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 4:54 PM GMT
Patrick, if you can do better, get yourself to one of the big firms.

Is this a case of a mug punter scrounging, not understanding that market moves happen sometimes without the traders knowing? You'd be pretty naive to think they knew every penny on every selection worldwide going down on something.

From the under current that's risen to the top in this thread i'd say most of your lots brass is heading the same way.
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 4:56 PM GMT
^ It's over !   Grin
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 4:57 PM GMT
^ Only The Lonely !  Grin
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 4:58 PM GMT
'savin' nickles, savin' dimes... savin' up for happier times'....
Report patrick starr December 3, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
Roy,i dont possess a degree in anything so that largely counts me out,in fact about the only thing i can do in life is price a race up also i believe they pay peanuts so it really wouldnt be worth my while.
Report Navel-Gazer December 3, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
there there my dear 03 Dec 13 16:33 Joined: 06 Feb 06 | Topic/replies: 19 | Blogger: there there my dear's blog
Bookmakers = legalised criminals, only one down from paedophiles.

Laugh as much as I loathe them, that's just a slight exaggeration.
Report halcyon days December 3, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
ticket touts ?...
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 5:11 PM GMT
Patrick, I dare say the compilers at a rough guess would be on upwards of what 35-40k per year.

If i'm honest I can't imagine many people earning that money would frequent this forum, if they did i'd find it difficult to believe they'd get involved in the **** banter and dicussion on here. The peanuts that they'd get paid, well again I find it even harder to believe anyone who considered 35-40k+ as peanuts would come on here as well, again if they did I dare say they'd not make themselves known.

However - I could be wrong.
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
odds compilers must be able to use multiple monitors.

remember price on BF screen on left and insert price a few ticks under on the right screen.
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 5:29 PM GMT
For however many races a day, there's bound to be cracks appear isn't there?

Another thing to think about away from arbs, is live money...

Big Boss Turf Accountants, have a punter coming in who's a known source at Nicholls yard, wanting to bet big on his horses and races they're involved in. Would Big Boss be laying this punters bets? I doubt it.
Report patrick starr December 3, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
roy,if a big nicholls owner walked and wanted to punt,they'd lock the poor fker in the shop and tend to his every whim
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:36 PM GMT
nicholls couldn't win a walkover at the moment, punt away my friends Laugh
Report swift-tuttle December 3, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
a perfect example of why it is pointless to discuss anything on here
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
arbs or not, most of us on here can run rings round the bookie traders, they are not trained, not mathematically astute and simply cannot compete with foes who have experience.

that's why PP employ 50 people at HQ to sift through live accounts and restrict, remove bonuses and close.
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 5:44 PM GMT
So if that's the case Big Boss, why are we seeing so many threads where people are moaning about not getting money on, getting knocked back, having accounts restricted...??

It would appear the bookies have the measure of most people on here, of course that's only my opinion.
Report robbie fowler is god December 3, 2013 5:45 PM GMT
lad brokes in york staff so fukin stupid its beyond a joke,mate had lamps 3-1 he came on with 16 mins left so it goes on 3-1 and the daft **** told him its a loser and thinks my mate trying to scam him ,hes stil not been paid ,fukme how can someone working in a bookies not no that rule,he told em to read there rules but wouldnt have it
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:48 PM GMT
I think what gets up peoples noses Roy is the propaganda that they all spout, we have laid this, we have laid that, all on ATR, RUK and C4.

We have paid out this, we have paid out that, we lost this, we lost that, BS of the highest denomination.
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 5:50 PM GMT
Furthermore Big Boss, if all these people really are being knocked back, restricted etc... Do you not think there time would be better spent finding a way to get their money on, rather than preaching to a largely dis-interested audience? It seems like it's the blind leading the blind a lot of the time on here.

RFIG... The sad truth of the matter is that most shop staff probably don't know or care about the rules, would you having to put up with a lot of the **** they have to for probably little more than minimum wage? I know for a fact I wouldn't. Which then leads us to the free market, we don't have to bet in such establishments with tele-betting, online, the exchanges, the competition and so on.
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
£3.65 offered me a job in their trading dept a few years back after I cleaned them out online, new car, house in Stoke, etc, etc. Found out what the money was and told them to stick it, aint looked back since Laugh
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:54 PM GMT
and there was me thinking that most of the bookie moles had been banished from the forums .............
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 5:55 PM GMT
What sort of bets had you had BB and over what period of time?
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 5:58 PM GMT
according to the bloke that rang me from 365 I was No.1 on their hot list and was miles ahead of No.2 in terms of price taken against SP, profit and strike rate, this was in their infancy online, a lot changed nowadays
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 5:59 PM GMT
roy-oi for somebody who is emmbarresed to even post on the thread (page 2) you are doing a sterling job i m o.Cry
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 5:59 PM GMT
Ladbrokes have got complacent . They used to be a force but are just a joke . I wouldn't advise anyone to bet with them but on the other hand B365 are superb have great cm service and invite me regularly to hospitality so love them and hate Lads !
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 6:00 PM GMT
roy-oi
03 Dec 13 15:17
| Topic/replies: 115 | Blogger: roy-oi's blog
Oh what it must be like to be such a great punter nobody wants your business.

Have you lot heard yourselves, Jesus! The reason most bookies won't lay bets to certain people is because they're arbing, or pinching each way money. The fact you lot are whining on here the Betfair Forum, you know Betfair where you lay things off, suggests me to that you're a bunch of arbers, who probably haven't got a clue.

But hey, lets not forget nobody loses on here.

I'm ashamed to have even responded to this thread.

soz ashamed not embarresssed thats happening nowCry
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
I wud guess that Roy-Oi is from one of the fledgling bookmakers Laugh
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:02 PM GMT
I also think that PP are up there with B365 . There free bets given out simply superb 3 x 50 weekly free bets  and also have used their box at Arsenal and given tickets in the stadium for other games . Superb company and a joy to deal with . Went to Cheltenham with them on PP day by coach and had a brilliant day . These trips / gifts make a huge difference with me !
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 6:02 PM GMT
No offence intended here BB, but if that's the way they recruit their traders, it may go some way to explaining why they have such tight betting control limits etc...

I know that most online firms allocate a MSF (max stake factor) to their customers and when they've hit certain profit levels, yes they will get reduced or increased. Further to this i'm not sure how much close attention they pay to each customer individually or whether it's just a general standard across the board. A quantitative approach over a qualitative one, who knows....?
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
roy-oi = Devil
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
For all those having a dig at me having a discussion with someone on a forum, have a look at yourselves.

This is what's wrong with this world, let me guess you're all restricted too...
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
they wanted me pi$$ing out of the tent, not pi$$ing in
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
Yes roy in shop s/p only to £50 hth.

shower of shyteDevil
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
goldstein
Ladbrokes have got complacent . They used to be a force but are just a joke . I wouldn't advise anyone to bet with them but on the other hand B365 are superb have great cm service and invite me regularly to hospitality so love them and hate Lads !

another forumite from Betfair Laugh
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
Ladbrokes = Scared
B365 = Silly
PP = Grin
Report roy-oi December 3, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
You know what to do then Dickie...

GO ELSEWHERE!
Report mick9694 December 3, 2013 6:08 PM GMT
goldstein if they are giving you all that , you must be losing with them , no offense to you
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
Dickies postcode area, when Laddies get a new account opened with a similar postcode a loud alarm goes off in their trading room Devil
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
I think you find they want to keep their bigger players not the £5 lot !
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
I do . . There pprices are shyte anyway.

Just stich the filth up with dirty e w it makes me feel all warm insideDevil
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:10 PM GMT
Mick9694 none taken mate
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD December 3, 2013 6:11 PM GMT
Pat mac and the Babys And Children dept

CluelessBlushBlush
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:11 PM GMT
Devil ALERT ALERT, DIRTY EW WARNING, NE NAH, NE NAH, NE NAH Devil
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
Tell you the day in the PP box at Arsenal was terrific and if you get invited you will love it . 5 course meal and unlimited drinks plus a fine game of footy from the leaders !
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:14 PM GMT
goldstein.
I also think that PP are up there with B365 . There free bets given out simply superb 3 x 50 weekly free bets  and also have used their box at Arsenal and given tickets in the stadium for other games . Superb company and a joy to deal with . Went to Cheltenham with them on PP day by coach and had a brilliant day . These trips / gifts make a huge difference with me !

All I got was a meat hamper from them, a horses head in my bed and my daughter's middle finger through the post Laugh
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:15 PM GMT
Harsh Big Boss Excited
Report mick9694 December 3, 2013 6:17 PM GMT
goldstein all they are doing is buttering you up man, cop yourself on , they only care bout profits
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:19 PM GMT
I think you are right to an extent but have a retaining department that has such a budget that these trips / free bets can be offered to keep the bigger players
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:20 PM GMT
players = mugs
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:23 PM GMT
You obviously aren't well thought off as a cm they don't want to lose !
Never mind BB
Report mick9694 December 3, 2013 6:25 PM GMT
goldstein if the bigger players are making profits , they wont be kept , dont kid yourself
Report goldstein. December 3, 2013 6:26 PM GMT
yes but they wont always will they and these companies love turnover
Report mick9694 December 3, 2013 6:30 PM GMT
if your consistently making profits you 'll be shown the door, **** have be limited on line , waste of time too powers and as regard 365 , never seen a company to shy away on ew bets and refusing to take heavy bets on a flat  maiden
Report Big Boss December 3, 2013 6:50 PM GMT
post your 3 month 3.65 turnover & profit/loss then Goldstein.

lets have a chuckle.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now