Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pulio
21 Aug 13 20:28
| Topic/replies: 1,511 | Blogger: pulio's blog
I won 350 but lost the slip

Went to the shop and the girl rang who she had to ring and i need my passport and proof of address before i can collect. What a joke. Its clearly my writing and hasn't been collected yet. She even remembers me putting it on. Why are they asking me for this stuff . I've never had a problem with other bookies when this has happened
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View lost betfred betting slip, here's...
Show More
Report Mr Snap August 21, 2013 8:32 PM BST
And had you gone in and found they had paid it to someone else without getting id you would say what??
Report Anakin_ August 21, 2013 8:33 PM BST
thats standard practice
Report pulio August 21, 2013 8:35 PM BST
Why exactly do they want my detail though?
Report bert147 August 21, 2013 8:37 PM BST
That is standard practice. Actually saved a friend of mine once. Someone claimed his lost ticket, the chancer who claimed it had to show proof of ID and address. Once it was realized it had been cashed the police got involved and retrieved the money for him.
Report Mr Snap August 21, 2013 8:38 PM BST
the responsibility is one the bookie to pay the ticket holder

having id cover this off  for them

secondly very few tealeaves would be willing to come back with photo  id
Report paul22 August 21, 2013 8:42 PM BST
Yeah i lost a ticket in there once for about 200 quid. Only realized when i got home and thought i felt a few hundred short. They checked the system and said i had an unclaimed one. Had to go over the road and photocopy my driving license but was fairly painless procedure.
Report onlooker August 21, 2013 8:42 PM BST
Imagine a similar scenario - but 'somebody' else, not you.

That 'Somebody' gets Paid Out - in the manner that YOU wish for.

Then  - that 'Somebody' finds the slip .....

So goes into the Shop to claim to be Paid Out - (Again) ... because they HAVE the Winning Slip in their possession.

The Bookie says it has already been Paid Out
That 'Somebody' - then starts to kick up a stink

By having authenticated details of that 'Somebody' -
The bookmaker  knows were to send the Charge Papers for Attempted Fraud.Happy
Report pulio August 21, 2013 8:51 PM BST
I don't have proof of address and they are being difficult even though i have my passport and a letter from my landlord to say i live there. he pays all the bills. good chance i wont get paid here. im in the shop now
Report homefortea August 21, 2013 8:57 PM BST
Tell them you are prepared to sleep with the bald knockers wife Mo...

Worked for me even though I only had a non-runner......Laugh
Report halcyon days August 21, 2013 9:06 PM BST
That's why BaldFred wants the £350...  Mo needs to attract ''goer's'' and not also rans  !     Grin
Report onlooker August 21, 2013 9:19 PM BST
Now we know - just what homefortea is doing living in Gibraltar.Grin
Report homefortea August 21, 2013 9:21 PM BST
Still cannot get a bet on though......
Report halcyon days August 21, 2013 9:22 PM BST
L Laugh L
Report halcyon days August 21, 2013 9:23 PM BST
HFT,

you read my thread ?
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD August 21, 2013 9:24 PM BST
Hal do you still work for joe??
Report halcyon days August 21, 2013 9:28 PM BST
No mate, in recruitment now !    Cool
Report toffee87 August 21, 2013 10:19 PM BST
interesting in that I went to collect from baldies a couple of years with my receipt and was told that the winnings had already been collected despite them not being able to tell me when, in which shop or by whom
When I said that was impossible, I was told to leave the shop otherwise the police would be called
Report pulio August 21, 2013 10:51 PM BST
I have to come back and meet with the area manager...
Report doantwin2easy August 22, 2013 12:10 AM BST
this whole country (England) has gone red tape crazy.

Nowadays you have to:

- prove your human by running your debit card across the palm of your hand to draw blood
- put your credit card between your teeth and bite it like a dog whilst reciting your pin
- take 14 statements from the Bank of England proving you have access to gold bullion should the need arise
- provide a passport issued in the last two weeks that hasn't been stamped by Nigeria, Israel or Pakistan
- have your picture taken so it can be run by interpol, crimewatch and the gibraltarian fishing authorities.

and finally
- take your clothes off, put them on the counter and bend over backwards, showing complete submission.

and that's just to get a bloody cheeseburger.
Report pumphol. August 22, 2013 12:29 AM BST
pulio     21 Aug 13 22:51 
I have to come back and meet with the area manager...

Yes that old chestnut, I " met " with the area manager at Baldies a few years back where he confirmed to me that in fredspeak I was being screwed out of £300 in other words the price for that particular match was 11/2  not 7/1 there was a memo somewhere on the screen but its now disappeared Crazy
I doubt things have improved much over the years, this firm seem very proficient in digging up what I call grey areas in other words creating a drama & crisis over something that should be easily resolved.
Though in your case it would be beyond the pale if they don't pay you, good luck.
Report pulio August 22, 2013 2:51 AM BST
apparently he is coming over to "check the handwriting" and see if it is comparable. I'm sure he will make me rewrite the bet and then compare. For all I know it will be smooth as silk and I will collect my winnings but on the other hand, he could be awkward about it. I have to take responsibility for losing the ticket of course but it's a lot of effort here. I think it's probably prudent to prepare for a hostile encounter with the guy.
Report swift-tuttle August 22, 2013 6:22 AM BST
this couldn't happen on hear hth
Report adge August 22, 2013 9:53 AM BST
or on course where small bets [ up to £50 ] are generally paid after the last race , sometimes earlier and large bets are paid by cheque after one month has elapsed
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now