Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
07 Jun 13 11:53
| Topic/replies: 29,479 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
She usually sent me to the shop. I usually headed around the back for a game of poker Sad Though i usually ended up getting my a** tanned with a wooden spoon.

Punter stole coffee after losing money on bet

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/punter-stole-coffee-after-losing-money-on-bet-1-5744624

A SHOPLIFTER stole coffee from a South Tyneside store after spending the money his mum gave him to put it on a bet.

Aaron Greenhow was given £3.50 to buy the coffee at the local McColls shop in Edinburgh Road, Jarrow.

But the 20-year-old waged the money on a failed bet at nearby Ladbrokes.

Worried he would get told off by his mum, he decided to steal the jar of Kenco, but was caught on CCTV.

Greenhow, of Iona Road, Jarrow, pleaded guilty to theft at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court.

Rachel Mangenie, defending, said: “This was completely foolish – his mother gave him some money to buy a jar of coffee but he spent it in the betting shop.

“He didn’t win so decided to steal the coffee.

“He didn’t want to get told off by his mother for spending the money or for coming back without the coffee.

“He is very sorry and realises how shoplifting can affect businesses and communities.”

Magistrates gave Greenhow a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered him to pay £3.49 compensation, £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View I don't know how many times i done it...
Show More
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! June 7, 2013 11:55 AM BST
Should of told her he dropped it.
Report desperatemunter June 7, 2013 11:56 AM BST
more Tales from the Riverbank
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2013 11:59 AM BST
should have bashed his face up with a hammer then a few cuts with a razor blade.
tells his mum he was mugged..simple.Cool
Report Ylime June 7, 2013 12:00 PM BST
he should off planted the beans imo
Report timeless June 7, 2013 12:01 PM BST
ordered him to pay £3.49 compensation

the jar was £3.50 originally,

we must be out of the depression Crazy
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! June 7, 2013 12:02 PM BST
The green shoots of recover are here.
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 7, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Not much difference in the sentence one steals a jar of coffee other steals £32,000

Gambling clerk from Witney stole bank customers' cash

Friday 7th June 2013 in Witney  http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/witney/10469789.Gambling_clerk_stole_bank_customers__cash/?ref=rss

A BANK cashier who became a gambling addict has avoided jail despite helping himself to £32,600 from customers' accounts.

Jonathan Woodward, of Windrush Valley Road, Witney, was handed an 18-month suspended sentence after he admitted six counts of fraud by abuse of position.

The 22-year-old repeatedly debited thousands of pounds from six accounts at the Witney branch where he worked between February and November last year.

He was investigated by the bank after the Earl of Donoughmore, who lives in Bampton, complained that £18,900 had been withdrawn from his account without permission.

Finding Woodward’s teller ID number had been used to debit the money, along with five other suspicious transactions, the bank fired him and passed his details on to the police.

When he was arrested, the defendant told officers he had taken the money because he had developed a £500-a-day gambling addiction.

Checks of Woodward’s bank account revealed many payments to betting shop Ladbrokes, as well as one payment for a rowing machine.

Jonathan Stone, prosecuting, said the fraud had not been particularly sophisticated but was aggravated by being carried out by “a trusted employee of the bank”.

He added that Halifax has agreed to refund all the money taken to its customers.

One of the customers who lost money, 89-year-old Peter Way, of Abbey Place, in Eynsham, had £4,900 withdrawn from his account. He said: “I didn’t spot it for a while, but then I saw the manager of the Halifax branch in Witney.

“He said that I would have the money returned.”

Woodward, who is a qualified football coach and now works at the Ferry Leisure Centre in Witney, has offered his £4,000 savings to the bank to cover some of its losses.

Robert Lindsey, defending, said his client had no previous convictions and had done voluntary work teaching disabled children football. He told the court: “Mr Woodward is sickened and disgusted by what he has done.

“He wishes to attempt to make amends and pay back the money which he has defrauded.

“He is naive and rather inexperienced in life and found his gambling habit spiralling.”

Recorder Patrick Vincent said Woodward would also have to complete 250 hours of unpaid work and pay £300 costs.

He told him: “You are a young man with a good record at school and college and after achieving that it is nothing short of tragic that you find yourself here today.

“Although I would not take the view you targeted vulnerable people, you clearly planned the fraud to take money from the accounts of people you thought were the least likely to notice.

“And the fraud stopped because you were caught, not because you chose to stop.”

Mr Stone told the court the prosecution will now apply under the Proceeds of Crime Act to recover the money taken by Woodward.

No one at the Halifax was available to comment
Report holywell June 7, 2013 12:12 PM BST
The poor lad could well be jesterpiggot.Mischief
Report TheNorfolkMafia June 7, 2013 12:17 PM BST
Magistrates gave Greenhow a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered him to pay £3.49 compensation, £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Is this a world record price for a jar of Kenco coffee?

Laugh
Report tambhoy5 June 7, 2013 12:36 PM BST
i thought this was a, i used to **** on my mum threadSad
Report TheNorfolkMafia June 7, 2013 3:56 PM BST
tambhoy5,

Pervert!

I must admit, that's what brought me here, too!

Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now