Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bannahan
09 Mar 13 07:34
| Topic/replies: 15,760 | Blogger: bannahan's blog
Just been told that the RP is going up in price...again.

I asked if it was just for the upcoming week, and was advised No...

Feckin Hell Brucie boy! Sad
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing Post PRICE HIKE.....again!?
Show More
Report soba March 9, 2013 8:26 AM GMT
In life you have to make a stand, against thing that are wrong,

THE POST IS FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE EASERLY MUGGED OFF.
Report madhatter March 9, 2013 8:45 AM GMT
since the early nineties I bought one every day until about 7 years ago....now i just get one on a Saturday.....they are cutting their own throat and hopefully will bleed out.

needs a decent opponent to get a price war going like we had when SL v RP....but Racing Today doesn't match that criteria even thought all it'a efforts are focussed on just one day of the week!

and the last one that tried (forgotten name it was so poor!) didn't last long.

Having said all this, the basic online RP for 130.00/year is very good for me as all I want are the cards and form plus full form cards for Sunderland/Newcastle dogs for RPtv
Report dementia March 9, 2013 8:46 AM GMT
Why bother, sporting life offers the same, and sometimes more. And its free.
Report madhatter March 9, 2013 9:18 AM GMT
basically I find the form easier to read and better set out on RP than SL or ATR but agreed, you don't really need to pay for form at all nowadays if you don't want to
Report lazarus2 March 9, 2013 9:18 AM GMT
The betting can`t be going well if people worry about such tiny amounts.
Report norn iron March 9, 2013 9:21 AM GMT
£2.80  UP 60P AFTER TODAY I WONT BE BUYING ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT
Report silvergreaser March 9, 2013 9:23 AM GMT
Lazarus your betting can't be going all that well when you have to rely on a well known tipster to pick a winner for you?.
Report lazarus2 March 9, 2013 9:27 AM GMT
^ a highly successful one = moronic remark ^
Report silvergreaser March 9, 2013 9:29 AM GMT
I'm not knocking the guy but I do like to form my own opinion rather than let others do it for me, nothing moronic about that.
Report holywell March 9, 2013 9:37 AM GMT
norn iron,

You're right, it wasn't worth £2 never mind £2.80. Everything you need to make your selections can be found online. I don't follow tipsters so no reason to buy the paper. Trainers comments - Cry, Bookie prices advertised - Cry
Report millhouse March 9, 2013 10:02 AM GMT
Anyone that gives any of their money to this horrible publication is really not that bright, imo...
Report TheNorfolkMafia March 9, 2013 10:07 AM GMT
£2.80!

They'd have to throw a bird in, for that price?

Laugh
Report onlooker March 9, 2013 10:38 AM GMT
A Turkey - Norfolk?
Report The Unforgiven March 9, 2013 10:39 AM GMT
wouldn't wipe my bum with it
Report TheNorfolkMafia March 9, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
onlooker • March 9, 2013 10:38 AM GMT
A Turkey - Norfolk?

Laugh
Report lazarus2 March 9, 2013 11:15 AM GMT
It`s great having lots of money and not needing to worry about such petty matters.
Report unbiased March 9, 2013 11:23 AM GMT
For the benefit of lazarus.
5x£1.80=£9
2x£2.20=£4.40
        ------
        £13.40/week
       x50         allowing for holidays,xmas,good friday etc.
      -----------
       ££670
      --------
and that is before the proposed price increase.That isn't a trivial amount,no matter how good your circumstances are.
Report toronto44 March 9, 2013 11:29 AM GMT
As for people's betting not going very well mfordy........

about 3 years ago,you were on here begging Lampus to post the Pricewise extra tip,3 days running.To save the £1-50 cost of the phone call.This was at the same time as you were claiming you had a team of placers putting your bets on for you.I guess they just had to wait outside the shops until Lampus gave you the tip for free!!!!!!!!!

The forums very own village idiot.
Report holywell March 9, 2013 11:34 AM GMT
lazarus2,

I've come to the conclusion that you must enjoy being abused, making statements like 'It's great having lots of money' leaves you open to verbal abuse on here. That is the sort of comment children make in the school yard.

I thought you called a truce with your detractors last year ?
Report khyber kim March 9, 2013 11:37 AM GMT
Check the new breast implants mfooly, you are leaking poison all over the thread.
Report dod March 9, 2013 11:42 AM GMT
Lazarus you really are a despicable person and you receive the contempt that you so justifiably deserve from the majority of people on this forum.
Report Lampus March 9, 2013 12:01 PM GMT
Radmores Revenge
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 9, 2013 12:05 PM GMT
In life you have to make a stand, against thing that are wrong

agree
sky subscription going soon
and racing uk too.

not happy about their 12 month contract....i dobt watch jump racing so its a complete waste of money.

that money can be of help to the economy if i spend it elsewhere
Report soba March 9, 2013 12:23 PM GMT
Just paid the 20 Sad for RUK

but it's coming off on the 8th Grin
Report hornshoe1 March 9, 2013 12:53 PM GMT
I buy it. Wouldn't like to have to justify that statement though.

Just 2 of a host of glaring stupidities Bruce - sporadic stapling is a ridiculous encumbrance.
WOW ( why oh why ) Eg 'the RI nugget' put any content in such a small typeface on such a silly indistinct grey background for a readership who often already have eyesight issues?

Lamps if that's todays'- 1201 post, who selected it please?
Report grendel March 9, 2013 1:00 PM GMT
I haven't bought the RP for a couple of years now, except the odd day out at Ascot ... I made the connection between non profiting days from punting and purchasing a Racing Post so I knocked buying it on the head plus I'd rather put the money towards Raceform Interactive subscription.  Weekender suffered the same fate when I realised I was only buying it for the Nick Mordin column.  Oh for the days of 'Odds On' magazine in the 90's, the best punting publication I've come across.
Report Lampus March 9, 2013 1:02 PM GMT
P.K
Report MR G March 9, 2013 1:09 PM GMT
Let me get this right, it's going up from £2.20 to £2.80, can anybody confirm this ?

How much is it going upto from Sunday to Friday ?
Report hornshoe1 March 9, 2013 1:12 PM GMT
13:02 sorry, should have said tia.
Report flyingbolt March 9, 2013 1:15 PM GMT
Surely it's not going up that much ?
Unbelievable if that is the case.
Report Lampus March 9, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
Sounds  like the ones bought    in Ireland

maybe   wrong thou
Report shudacuda March 9, 2013 1:24 PM GMT
Hate the layout of the RP,it needs to be completely revamped.

Get rid of most of the tipsters and reduce the price.
Report lazarus2 March 9, 2013 2:14 PM GMT
Just listen to these losers. Hilarious.
Report .Fidway. March 9, 2013 2:21 PM GMT
i used to buy it every day but as the years pass by i buy it less and less. saturday would be the only day i religiously buy it.like people are saying everything is on the computer.
Report never give up March 9, 2013 3:08 PM GMT
BIG GURU • September 11, 2011 12:10 PM BST
What about the Rule 4 episode,went something like this :-

Thank you Sir Tom a 14/1 winner,delightful

forumite :-

so how much had you on

£100 why does this concern you,fool.

so how much did you get back then

Can you not count fool £1500 of course

what about the 25p Rule 4

What are you talking about Rule 4 fool

eh there were 2 non-runners and a Rule 4 25p in the pound deduction made to all winnings

Rubbish never heard of it

The above was the gist of that thread obv figures etc were different,do you remember it mfraudy,you should you were called rule4dy or rulefourdy for a long time afterwards LaughLaughLaugh
Report Dr Gonzo March 9, 2013 4:11 PM GMT
£2.80 - is that for real? Dear me.

The whole organisation is a joke - still haven't got the quick results from the 3.25 at Ayr up yet.
Report Rollo Tomasi March 9, 2013 4:41 PM GMT
Standard operating procedure in the UK is this:

Give bosses huge wage increases
Pay for it by increasing product price
Sales of product plunge
Increase product price to make up for shortfall in revenue further reduces sales
Pay bosses larger wages and pension contributions before firm goes bust
Firm goes bust owing lots of money to taxpayer owned banks
Management buyout of best assets go to step 1
Report toronto44 March 9, 2013 4:48 PM GMT
Then after the workforce have had to sign on the dole.Employ immigrant workers at the minimum you can legally pay them.Then make a donation to Lib/Con/Lab to ensure continuing supply of cheap labour and wait for your knighthood letter!!!!!
Report Addy_D March 9, 2013 5:50 PM GMT
had it delivered every morning to my door for last few years but cancelled it in january. in two minds if i buy it through cheltenham week, but it wont be bought after that. greyhounds are my thing, and the coverage in there is truly shocking. my local track doesnt even get a form card for it any more. horrible organisation, the man is a cretin.
Report EdwardWoowardWould March 9, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
Moan moan fukkin moan

Is a feckin newspaper , either buy it or don't it's a free country innitt

The OP should get a life , given up stalking forumites now moans about a few pennies added to the price of a paper LaughLaughLaugh

Perhaps it should be run at a loss just for YOU ya tool
Report loper March 9, 2013 5:57 PM GMT
The problem with the Racing Post is that it has sold its soul for 30 pieces of the bookmakers silver.

It therefore cannot follow through with its claim to be the punters pal.

We know it, they know it and it puts them in a morally invidious position.

Anyone with any scruples would leave the stinking rotten sinking ship.
Report toronto44 March 9, 2013 6:02 PM GMT
Eddie boy it's not the price that most complain about.Its that most on here now realise its become a bookmakers trade paper and worst of all its full of boring s hite.
Report fawwon March 9, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
You would have to be right jerkoff to buy it
Report shoddypotatoes March 9, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
Bought the bible just about every day since launch....very primitive looking back...true about £650 a year and often sneaked up a couple of bob week before Cheltenham....politicians often slide bad news out when the worlds looking the other way.
Report Steamship March 9, 2013 6:13 PM GMT
A daily paper at £2.80 is ridiculous, they would be better getting rid of some of their journalists.
Report bannahan March 9, 2013 6:15 PM GMT
toronto showing edward up....doesn't take much does it Laugh

Who's stalking who?? Laugh
Report PompeyMike March 9, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
For weeks and weeks they have published thousands of column inches of pre Cheltenham pap, most of it is hardly worth printing as its just lazy filler material that tells you nothing new.

Apart from the cards and form there is very little insight into the actual racing that is taking place on that day.
Report racingstar March 9, 2013 6:33 PM GMT
Online RP is the only option (£26 per month for everything =87P per day).
Have not bought the paper for years.
Report Dr Gonzo March 9, 2013 6:46 PM GMT
EdwardWoodwardWould,

You can look at it as 'a few pennies', or you can look at it as another 25%+ increase, on top of the previous increases.

They're just another set of gravy train merchants, backed by venture capitalists and completely in the pocket of the bookmakers, doing their little bit to squeeze the life out of this sport.

I see the Racing Plus was up to £1.40 this morning too, which is presumably permanent. That's a 40% increase in the space of 12 months.
Report 1st time poster March 10, 2013 10:10 AM GMT
just going to say the same gonzo ,i threw the plus in the shopping basket and couldnt believe the price when i looked later,imagine other bills going up 40% in such a short space of time,guarenteed  2 papers going to the wall in the next 18 months
Report lazarus2 March 10, 2013 10:55 AM GMT
poor people crying - how tedious
Report willie the milk March 10, 2013 11:01 AM GMT
I aint bought a Post for a good few months, and tbh, don't miss it. I will however be buying it all this week, then back to if/when.
£2.80p is a large increaseCry
Report toronto44 March 10, 2013 11:32 AM GMT
From the freak who begged for the PW extra tip for free because he couldn't afford the £1-50.
Report saddo March 10, 2013 11:37 AM GMT
norn iron     09 Mar 13 08:21 
£2.80  UP 60P AFTER TODAY

Not often surprised hear but £2.80 ffs!! Shocked
Report toronto44 March 10, 2013 11:38 AM GMT
Sorry not you WTM.......mfordy
Report Duvauchelle March 10, 2013 11:53 AM GMT
EdwardWoowardWould
09 Mar 13 16:52
| Topic/replies: 1,968 | Blogger: EdwardWoowardWould's blog
Moan moan fukkin moan

Is a feckin newspaper , either buy it or don't it's a free country innitt

The OP should get a life , given up stalking forumites now moans about a few pennies added to the price of a paper LaughLaughLaugh

Perhaps it should be run at a loss just for YOU ya tool

suppose you wouldn't moan if petrol or food/morgage went up by about 27% in one go, and if they can't make a profit or break even without ripping off it's readers then why don't they go cap in hand to their paymasters and ask for an advertising revenue increase?
Report gerard March 10, 2013 2:10 PM GMT
Don't know if this started as a fishing expedition that became gospel, but it's only going up 10p a day.....
Report Lampus March 10, 2013 2:32 PM GMT
How about the weekend
10p or 20p
Report Navel-Gazer March 10, 2013 2:32 PM GMT
"lazarus2 - poor people crying - how tedious"

SPAZARUS - YOU FCUKIN' UGLI FRUIT! Angry
The abundant stick you get on here is fully justified, and I reckon you're getting off lightly...I might do something about that Angry
Report gerard March 10, 2013 2:33 PM GMT
My understanding is 10p every day Lampus.
Report Lampus March 10, 2013 2:34 PM GMT
Thanks gerald
Report bf_fananatic March 10, 2013 2:42 PM GMT
Dr Gonzo
09 Mar 13 15:11
Joined:  31 Aug 04 | Topic/replies: 3,059 | Blogger: Dr Gonzo's blog
£2.80 - is that for real? Dear me.

The whole organisation is a joke - still haven't got the quick results from the 3.25 at Ayr up yet.

Hmmm, Dr Gonzo you get all the facts about racing for free from the forum but "pay little" attention to them

thus so as long as you can find something thats free and agrees with everything that you know then your interested.
Report lazarus2 March 10, 2013 4:37 PM GMT
How tedious the paupers are. And vulgar, of course.
Report Dr Gonzo March 10, 2013 5:45 PM GMT

Hmmm, Dr Gonzo you get all the facts about racing for free from the forum but "pay little" attention to them thus so as long as you can find something thats free and agrees with everything that you know then your interested.

Can you try that again in English please you fruitcake?
Report homefortea March 10, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
Must be worth it for the four tips a year the totally insane Liberal ex-Guardian "writer" Pullein puts up Laugh

The fact that he gets a gig ("heading should be banned") shows what is wrong with the paper.

Even the serial loser Steve Palmer in todays paper alluded to the fact that he cannot get on his "facespitter" each-way doubles on the Golf with the "Bookmakers" that own the rancid rag.

Where did it all go wrong....
Report saddo March 10, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
Don't be too hard on fraudy, Navel-Gazer. He has been stressed since his wife ran off with the road sweeper.
Report homefortea March 10, 2013 8:17 PM GMT
That is a lie...

I have never heard of a road sweeper that has ever bet over...
Report Navel-Gazer March 11, 2013 1:09 AM GMT
Spazarus - vulgar? Confused

I think a closer definition of that word would be a disgusting, shirt-lifting, turd-burgling, sodomite apologist innit?
Annoying aren't I? Grin
Report GT-MOLE March 11, 2013 1:25 AM GMT
Lol NG...........is this Spazarus Vulgarus a newly discovered species?

I had heard a rumour but my OH is a research biologist and she insists that it is a sub species of cockroach left over from the cretinous age.Found in small pockets in the Swiss Alps bordering with Austria and Italy.

The nearest relatives are known to inhabit North America,particularly but not confined to the San Francisco area.

Recognised by the leather chaps adorning thighs,arses hanging out of boot cut Levis and generally congregating with same sex ugly fookers.Often found infesting dark bars with low lighting and commonly named Blue Oyster Bar reflecting the crustacean origins.

HTH M8.Wink
Report scaredmoney March 11, 2013 1:34 AM GMT
you really do come across as a nasty, horrible piece of work laz....i hope you are as horrible and friendless in the real world as you are on here.
Report pumphol. March 11, 2013 1:35 AM GMT
Excellent fishing going on but I will dip my toe into these murky waters, I could be a millionaire that liked a pint but if I went into a pub & was told a pint of best bitter was £12 I would say that is a rip off, a line is drawn  somewhere however much money you have & the best part of three pounds is too much for a daily  rag in my honest opinion.
Anyway must dash its time for tiffin.
Report GT-MOLE March 11, 2013 1:36 AM GMT
He has no friends...........even in his original 03 form.Whoops
Report lazarus2 March 11, 2013 9:19 AM GMT
"Friendless" on this disgusting forum populated by life`s rejects. Gosh, how troubling.

These people actually come here for their friendships. It is astonishing.
Report Lampus March 11, 2013 9:48 AM GMT
Just got mine 2 pounds
was it  1.90p  or 1.80p  last week
Report Ylime March 11, 2013 9:50 AM GMT
Thank you
Report bf_fananatic March 11, 2013 9:56 AM GMT
Considering only the Racing Post and Timeform bother to "shake a leg" at compiling horse race data

in the UK to any great degree then both are still worth every penny if you take the sport and betting

seriously...
Report dod March 11, 2013 9:58 AM GMT
I think it safe to say the price increase mooted on here was a slight exaggeration to say the leastGrin
Report Dr Gonzo March 11, 2013 10:20 AM GMT
Considering only the Racing Post and Timeform bother to "shake a leg" at compiling horse race data in the UK to any great degree then both are still worth every penny if you take the sport and betting seriously...

Do you buy the Racing Post every day?
Report bf_fananatic March 11, 2013 10:28 AM GMT
Dr Gonzo, if you are interested in saving time then I can write an auto forum posting program to replace

your comments, yours being the simplest format.

1....Read comment

2....copy comment

3....Find a similar question relative to the comment.

4....paste comment and add question or comment.

You could simply relax and chill out and let a few simple lines of code do all your work on the forumWink
Report Dr Gonzo March 11, 2013 10:36 AM GMT
You could've saved yourself some time by replying with a simple 'yes' or 'no', rather than seven lines of guff.

Do you buy the Racing Post every day?
Report bf_fananatic March 11, 2013 10:40 AM GMT
a simple 'yes' or 'no'

there that saved time?
Report holywell March 11, 2013 10:43 AM GMT
Dr,

bf doesn't bet so would be surprised if he buys the post.
Report Dr Gonzo March 11, 2013 10:46 AM GMT
Agreed Laugh
Report The Lord BUSH March 11, 2013 10:59 AM GMT
Anyone know if the   Weekender  price will  be  going  up
Report book March 11, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
shame more people dont make a stand against the pc charges as they do against the racing post going up 10p,pc charges are the killers not the racing post going up,even though it is alot of money over a year it doesnt compare with what people are paying in pc chargse just for using this site.
Report bf_fananatic March 11, 2013 11:10 AM GMT
In respect of pc2 amounts, the treasure act in place in the uk means that if you are lucky enough

to find treasure you will be paid by the goverment 50% of the value and 50% to the land owner

and not one single person has ever complained that has become well off so if you dont like

the idea of wealth sharing then dig somewhere else and stay off betfair landWink
Report book March 11, 2013 11:30 AM GMT
thats what i will be doing,not viable anymore,winners not welcome site,basically working for them for free.
Report bf_fananatic March 11, 2013 11:42 AM GMT
Would have to disagree as winners are most welcomed here and if you think you would get the same

deal at another exchange like the one owned by a bookmaker then I would give it some thought

as Betfair has paid the highest amount to winners this last decade in  the whole history of betting

and that my friend/s is a cert....
Report Dr Gonzo March 11, 2013 11:50 AM GMT
I would give it some thought as Betfair has paid the highest amount to winners this last decade

How much have Betfair paid to winners?
Report Navel-Gazer March 11, 2013 12:52 PM GMT
"GT-MOLE 11 Mar 13 01:25 Joined: 20 Mar 12 | Topic/replies: 8,999 | Blogger: GT-MOLE's blog
Lol NG...........is this Spazarus Vulgarus a newly discovered species?

I had heard a rumour but my OH is a research biologist and she insists that it is a sub species of cockroach left over from the cretinous age.Found in small pockets in the Swiss Alps bordering with Austria and Italy.

The nearest relatives are known to inhabit North America,particularly but not confined to the San Francisco area.

Recognised by the leather chaps adorning thighs,arses hanging out of boot cut Levis and generally congregating with same sex ugly fookers.Often found infesting dark bars with low lighting and commonly named Blue Oyster Bar reflecting the crustacean origins.
Report Navel-Gazer March 11, 2013 12:53 PM GMT
G&T - I like that new species Spazarus Vulgarus from the Cretinous Era Grin
Report scaredmoney March 11, 2013 1:09 PM GMT
It sounds a very odious type of creature NG

LaughLaugh
Report Johnny_Mustang March 11, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Report book March 11, 2013 1:38 PM GMT
bf fan,i dont believe any other exchange has pc charges & all betfair do is take take take,now that is a fact.
Report Clerkmore March 11, 2013 2:27 PM GMT
Went into my local shop this morning to buy the RP. It scanned as £1.50. I said to the assistant " It's actually £2.00 from today." She said " I have to take what it scans. So give me £1.50."

So the RP was 40p cheaper today!
Report dod March 11, 2013 2:31 PM GMT
Take it you will be going into your local shop for the rest of the week then.
Report Biscar Two from a mile back March 11, 2013 2:33 PM GMT
the print in the centre of my paper is sheight, all smudged
Report DOUBLED March 11, 2013 2:38 PM GMT
bf_fananatic
Date Joined: 17 Jul 11
Add contact | Send message
When: 11 Mar 13 11:42

| Topic/replies: 11,263 | Blogger: bf_fananatic's blog

"as Betfair has paid the highest amount to winners this last decade in  the whole history of betting
and that my friend/s is a cert...."

WALOFS bf_fanatic

Thought the exchange was person to person betting so highly unlikely Betfair has paid anybody ..... and that is a cert Wink
Report noidea March 12, 2013 10:13 AM GMT
With the amount of space given to adverts you would expect today's paper to be free.
Report noidea March 12, 2013 10:57 AM GMT
29 of the first 52 pages taken up by adverts. Surely this must be a record.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now