Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
seaside
12 Jan 13 13:13
| Topic/replies: 912 | Blogger: seaside's blog
Joined this site with no mention of photo ids and proof of address yet when I ask for my money they say they will not pay me out until I do.
I would not have joined if I had known I would have to go though all this before being able to make a withdrawal.
I have given them to the end of the day to pay me out or I will contact Paypal and see if they will refund me.
Anybody else had this happen to them ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Bwin site will not let me make a...
Show More
Report startedOct2000stillgoingstrong January 12, 2013 1:16 PM GMT
its normal you gimp
Report boyce January 12, 2013 1:17 PM GMT
scammers they are,,
Report sceptical January 12, 2013 1:17 PM GMT
Hi
Similar story regarding cash out from 888.com betting site - it is likely to be kosher but feels like they are cheating. These kind of requirements should be clearly stated at time of joining up, not buried on page 225 of the terms and conditions I think.

Don't fancy your chances via PP but good luck!
Report seaside January 12, 2013 1:19 PM GMT
If it's normal then why dont they mention it when you join ?

I have joined other sites and not had to give photo ids and such like.
Report posy January 12, 2013 1:19 PM GMT
Same thing happened to me last year....wanted me to send original identification documents etc. Told them that no other online bookmaker went through such a rigmarole to no avail....they eventually returned my money and closed account.
Report startedOct2000stillgoingstrong January 12, 2013 1:20 PM GMT
for some reason I have had to produce all that to all of them
Report Aviboyd January 12, 2013 1:20 PM GMT
seaside - had a similar problem with them withdrawing poker funds, absolute nightmare eventually sorted following numerous phone calls.  Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and the amount of German gambling related e-mail spam I've had since suggests they are not too clever with protecting client details.

You'll get your money, eventually...
Report seaside January 12, 2013 1:24 PM GMT
sceptical

Thats just what I think

If they had made it plain from the start the requirements then I could have decided if I wanted to join or not.

Dont tell me the first time I wish to make a withdrawal.

I am sure they are a OK site but they also know that if they tell people from the off a lot of people would not join.
Report shudacuda January 12, 2013 1:28 PM GMT
Only bookie who asked for photo id etc was Paddy Power,although quite a few of the poker sites request that.

Quite agree they should ask when you join,not wait till you withdraw.
Report boyce January 12, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
they take your money and want ID when you want it back,,,wan kers they are,,,tey are gash anyway,,supprised they have any customers
Report Sergeant Cecil January 12, 2013 1:57 PM GMT
I had the same problem with Youwin.  Yes, they should mention it, but they don't.  Just jump through the hoops and you'll get your money.
Report tillymay January 12, 2013 2:01 PM GMT
should be highlighted by r post that they are scammers rather than sh 1 t talk about their performance finacially along with blue square....as if we give a fcuk
Report BornToWin January 12, 2013 2:07 PM GMT
Scan your passport and send it to them. Thats what I did, an annoyance but it got me the bunce.

When I was allowed £8 win on my first bet on a horse on their site, I knew the game was up.
Report dave1357 January 12, 2013 2:14 PM GMT
lol@OP this is absolutely superstandard, just photo/scan the docs and send them off. Paypal will prob shut your account for scamming if you try to renege.
Report seaside January 12, 2013 2:24 PM GMT
Dave1357

Paypal will prob shut your account for scamming

Am I missing something ?

It is me who has given them MY MONEY

They have MY money

Explain how can I be scamming anybody when we are talking about MY money ?
Report dave1357 January 12, 2013 2:42 PM GMT
because you got what you paid for - money to bet with. You agreed to bwins T&C and identification is in these.  You have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Report dave1357 January 12, 2013 2:43 PM GMT
from their t&c

4. TRUE IDENTITY AND ONE ACCOUNT

The name on Your Account must match Your true and legal name and identity and the name on Your Account registration must match the name on the credit card(s) or other payment accounts used to deposit or receive monies into Your Account. To verify Your identity, We reserve the right to request satisfactory proof of identity (including but not limited to copies of a valid passport/identity card and/or any payment cards used) and satisfactory proof of address
Report shudacuda January 12, 2013 2:50 PM GMT
Does'nt say its compulsory.
Report dave1357 January 12, 2013 3:07 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2013 -- 2:50PM, shudacuda wrote:

Does'nt say its compulsory.

well it is in OP's case Grin

Report seaside January 13, 2013 8:13 AM GMT
I have taken out a dispute with Paypal and as of yet still no answer to my emails to Bwin or from Paypal with there responce.

Thank god I only lodged a few shillings with them.

I am sure a lot of people put in a lot to get the bonus they offer.

Greed gets most people.

I will let you know if I get my money or not.
Report Greg_Gory January 13, 2013 8:22 AM GMT
MY MONEY Laugh
Report Greg_Gory January 13, 2013 8:23 AM GMT
scan your credit card and passport

give them everything Laugh
Report IanP January 13, 2013 8:55 AM GMT
You should be glad you aren't with SBO or 188, they want you to send verification every few months just to carry on betting.  I sent one of them my council tax bill - what could be better to prove where you live ?  They woudn't accept it, insisted on a utility bill which I didn't have.  Dummied one up from a mate's online leccy bill, which the accepted.  Laugh
Report IanP January 13, 2013 8:57 AM GMT
Actually I'd rather be with SBO or 188 than those scammers at Bwin.
Report dave1357 January 13, 2013 11:48 AM GMT

Jan 13, 2013 -- 8:13AM, seaside wrote:

I have taken out a dispute with Paypal and as of yet still no answer to my emails to Bwin or from Paypal with there responce.Thank god I only lodged a few shillings with them.I am sure a lot of people put in a lot to get the bonus they offer.Greed gets most people.I will let you know if I get my money or not.

Paypal will prob ask you to verify your ID and address.

Report seaside January 28, 2013 3:41 PM GMT
PayPal refunded me my money

Makes me laugh they dont want ID when you wish to make a deposit.
Report colonel mossy January 28, 2013 3:50 PM GMT
they are German so what do you expect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTQYlwhKBqA  lol
Report Brother Mouzone January 28, 2013 3:52 PM GMT
Them bleeding Germans, nothing changes
Report Navel-Gazer January 28, 2013 4:01 PM GMT
This is a rancid and needless procedure and I can't understand why some seem totally unsympathetic to the OP.

It would be reasonable if there were substantial amounts involved and a suspicion of money laundering, but I can't help think (as a paranoid conspiracy theorist) that it's a greasy excuse for big businesses to share OUR DETAILS with each other on their bulging databases of personal information - it's more intrusive than the census!

I was asked for my driving licence for photo ID some years ago when I signed up with Telewest for TV/Phone & Internet.
The fcuker who called at my kennel said it'd just be photocopied back at the office, and put in the post the next day, so I thought that didn't sound too much of an inconvenience - I never saw it again!

Then the **** denied all knowledge of this and told me that (very conveniently) the sales rep had left their company.
Report Navel-Gazer January 28, 2013 4:02 PM GMT
***** = CÚNTS
Report Navel-Gazer January 28, 2013 4:03 PM GMT
They're Germans? That explains a lot then..."Your papers please"
Report lmfao January 28, 2013 4:04 PM GMT
i've had this- phone them- ask if a photo of your passport with photo/signature page + utility bill photo will do-
take photos and e-mail them

this was ok and i got paid in a few days
its moneylaundering requirements
nb if you withdraw in chunks just under £3k in any one week - they wont ask

gd luck
Report dave1357 January 28, 2013 4:17 PM GMT

Jan 28, 2013 -- 3:41PM, seaside wrote:

PayPal refunded me my moneyMakes me laugh they dont want ID when you wish to make a deposit.

yeah right

Report himher January 28, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Its very very common among none uk bookies
Report Tucho January 28, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
most uk bookies just look at the electoral roll if they want to check you and if you live where you say you live and the details all match up it's fine and they never ask for id

the foreign ones need a bit more proof (especially if you win lol) though i heard if you sign up with moneybookers rather than a bank card you're less likely to get asked for id, does cost 1% or so in fees though
Report sparrow January 28, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
Why do people bet with these firms?
Report Tucho January 28, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
don't know, sign up bonuses and reload offers maybe?

of course you can dangle the greatest sign up bonus in history if you have no intention of letting people withdraw it

free million pound bonus, all they need is your fingerprints and dna sample on withdrawal and every utility bill dating back to 1980
Report Tucho January 28, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
don't know, sign up bonuses and reload offers maybe?

of course you can dangle the greatest sign up bonus in history if you have no intention of letting people withdraw it

free million pound bonus, all they need is your fingerprints and dna sample on withdrawal and every utility bill dating back to 1980
Report Captain Christy January 28, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
worse than this type of thing is the 'roll-over' clause where you have to keep betting until they hope you've lost your money.
Report seaside January 30, 2013 4:47 PM GMT
Dave1357

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favour.

We were able to recover 20.00 GBP, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow 5 working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

This is the email Paypal sent me and I can tell you it's in my account now.
Report dave1357 January 30, 2013 6:14 PM GMT
lol well done - check your credit record in a couple of months time
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now