Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dawnhillwalker
23 Sep 11 08:46
| Topic/replies: 606 | Blogger: dawnhillwalker's blog
I'm sure I have seen his name on the forum before.  I received a letter from him yesterday.  Does anyone know about him. 
I've seen his name around for quite a while but did'nt want to get involved.  Thanks a lot.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Does anyone know Colin Davey?
Show More
Report LIKE IT September 23, 2011 8:56 AM BST
yes and I always keep a barge pole between us
Report caley September 23, 2011 9:02 AM BST
yes,avoid.
Report bluenose7 September 23, 2011 9:02 AM BST
Think the davey "system" went some think like......

Add the win prize money up (not place) & divide it by the amount of runs its had.

Top rated,the horse with the highest figure.  "SIMPLES"  Silly

[;)]
Report paradox and equilibrium September 23, 2011 9:19 AM BST
He does my gardening, he used to be average to mpoor tipster i believe.
Report chelsea girl September 23, 2011 9:22 AM BST
Colin Davey's Private Racing Syndicate - Sovereign Group

Previous | Next

Colin Davey is an ex bookmaker who offers a tipster service for around £25 a week plus a share of your winnings.

Now as I'm sure you have worked out by now I'm not a fan of tipster services in general, with one or two very rare exceptions.  Unfortunately Colin Davey confirms to my stereotype of tipsters.

Basically he is on a winner no matter what, his tips can be absolute garbage and you still end up paying for the "service".

After doing some digging online I've found lots of unhappy clients with tales of long running losing streaks or no tips at all.  In fact that gives me an idea for a new tipster service, send me £10 a week and I guarantee you will never lose any money on my tips... I'll never send you any.  Sounds silly but if some of the posts online are to be believed you can go a week without a tip and still pay £25 for the privilege.

Give this one a miss, save yourself £25 a week and take the love of your life out for a meal instead...  you will get more return from that.

Until next time, be happy.
Report chelsea girl September 23, 2011 9:27 AM BST
Heres another gem

Home Products Clubs Offers Bestsellers My Account Mailing List Contact
No user logged in - Log in
The Colin Davey Method
Category     > Horse Racing Systems

Colin Davey advises that he has "found a system that can find just 2 or 3 bets per week with nearly every one winning and prices up to 6/1".

Colin states, “You may know from the TV and Newspapers that I am involved in horse racing and have spent the last 22 years trying to find a horse racing selection method that could make people like yourself a regular income”.
Colin began profiling bets over the last seven years, looking for a pattern between horses that had won and horses that had been beaten. Whilst undertaking this profile, Colin saw something in one of the winners that really stood out. He states, “it actually made me stay up until 3am in the morning checking results from back copies of the Racing Post.

I was so excited I couldn’t go to bed until I had checked at least 5 years of results, because I knew immediately that I had finally found something that I, and every other person in the world, had been looking for. An easy way to make loads of money, with no hard work and from the comfort of your own home.
In fact, I had found a system that could find just 2 or 3 bets per week with nearly every one winning and prices up to 6/1.
I always knew there was a real winning system out there because just after the second world war, a Dutchman called Char Van Der Wheil, made millions betting on horses. This guy is a legend in the horse racing world – please check him out on the internet.

Also, while I was Managing Director of Sovereign Bookmakers, a Mr Bradshaw, who was a customer of ours, took us and other bookmakers for hundreds of thousands. I spent time profiling their bets and found they all matched this method perfectly.

This is what kept me going for so long, because I knew one day that the ship would come in and I would find the ultimate winning system. Now I know that all my 22 years of burning the midnight oil has finally paid off. In just a few weeks last Summer I netted over £41,000 from Betfair and Ladbrokes alone (a copy of the cheques are shown in the circular). I know you can do the same if you follow my method over the next few weeks”.

Colin advises that he is now in a position to make you a lot of money and all you have to do is follow his method each day to make several hundred pounds a week.  Laugh
Report pj00 September 23, 2011 9:48 AM BST
I believe I knew him many years ago when he was a tax adviser!

Avoid systems like this and choose your own bets/lays far more rewarding
Report dawnhillwalker September 23, 2011 11:26 AM BST
Thanks everyone ever so much. This is what I thought had been said about him some months ago, but
could'nt remember. 

More fuel for the fire.
Report Arklearkle September 23, 2011 11:50 AM BST
The winning system Colin discovered obviously was to sell rubbish tips to mug punters.
Report pumphol. September 23, 2011 12:00 PM BST
It is possible to make a healthy  living from Colin Davey's selections

Just lay anything he tips Cool
Report ima_mazed66 September 23, 2011 3:04 PM BST
I remember he had one called Factor 4 which bar a few other provisos was to basically back any winner running again within 4 days and whislt there's some logic to that, it's a logic that most average punters would already be aware of without having to pay and it undoubtably throws up winners but not enough to be profitable I wouldn't have thought in the long term.

As has been mentioned though, might well be worth considering laying them.

Here's a few of his systems anyway:

HERE ARE THE 4 SELECTION CRITERIA FOR FACTOR 4
1 The horse must be rated 78 or above in the Daily Mail
2 It must have won, or been placed 2nd or 3rd last time out
3 It must be running within 4 days of its last run.
4 It must be favourite.

FOLLOW THOSE 4 SIMPLE RULES FOR WINNER SELECTION AND YOU ARE BOUND TO SECURE WINNERS AT LEAST 50%OF THE TIME.

And if you are doing that consistently, you will end the season well ahead. There is no reason why starting with a £1000 bank and betting 10% on each selection with your winnings rolled forward-you cannot make £20000 to £50000 per annum as a TAX FREE second income from your betting activity.

Factor 4 Gold
same as above but win only last time out

BEATEN FAV System

1) Horse must have been a beaten Fav last time out
2) SP must be no bigger than 11/1
3) Horse must be trained by one of the following Trainers:

B J Meehan
P J Makin
K R Burke
B Ellison
J L Dunlop
R A Fahey
P W D’Arcy
P W Harris
G Wragg
B W Hills
M A Jarvis
E J Alston
P W Hiatt

As you can probably tell from the named trainers, it's a little outdated now.
Report dunlaying September 23, 2011 4:04 PM BST
Thinking that the name was that of a former trainer of sprinters I checked on google and found,not the person I was looking for but "Bad Bets ;Frauds And Scams".
Oh!
Report Cantthinkofaclevername September 23, 2011 4:09 PM BST
Absolute charlatan. Used to need a couple of heavies to keep him from getting done over.
I remember his advertising brochure. It was riddled with mistakes such as the horses he had apparently tipped not even running on the dates specified. Also he claimed to have a system that identified blots on the handicap but quite a few of his "winners" weren't in handicaps.
A self-aggrandising dodgepot.
Report Mr Holmes September 23, 2011 4:10 PM BST
Davey Collins can be contacted on 07868744012 Grin
Report dunlaying September 23, 2011 4:44 PM BST
I was thinking of Ernie Davey father of Paul Davey trainer of My Swallow, among others.
Report mecca September 23, 2011 4:59 PM BST
Didn't he invent a lamp for miners?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now