Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SkintofGreatYarmouth
29 Jul 11 08:15
| Topic/replies: 9,955 | Blogger: SkintofGreatYarmouth's blog
I phoned yesterday morning, i think i got the right number, it said "At the third stroke, the time from BT will be 11 26 and 20 seconds". Done the next race trifecta, you've guessed it, 11, 26, 20. Got the f*cking lot. Thanks Gal.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Gary Wiltshire, Tipping Line
Show More
Report bet boy July 29, 2011 8:31 AM BST
Grin
Report jrw July 29, 2011 8:55 AM BST
phoned today numbers are 1.01
Report barry dennis July 29, 2011 8:58 AM BST
skint, even I LOL
Report TheNorfolkMafia July 29, 2011 9:30 AM BST
Skint, Aka, 'The Weasel'wise. Will you be fronting the Ed Thompson joint at Newmarket tonight and tomorrow? Also, great original joke Laugh Is there no end to your talents?
Report DeKaiser July 29, 2011 9:54 AM BST
£1.53 per minute ? Shocked
How long is the average call ?
Seems to be splashing out on the RP ads.
Report the.mad.dog.man July 29, 2011 10:00 AM BST
2  3 and a fourth im pmslLaugh
Report DeKaiser July 29, 2011 10:12 AM BST
Heard the line has been taking over 12k a day profit already in charges.
Report TRD.Racing July 29, 2011 10:14 AM BST
12k a day............get the feck outta here
Report DeKaiser July 29, 2011 10:18 AM BST
Around 2,500-3,000 people a day have been ringing initially maybe due to all the advertising.I assume the average call is 5 minutes @ £1.53 per minute.
Report DeKaiser July 29, 2011 10:20 AM BST
Also he asks people to ring twice a day for updates Shocked
Report barry dennis July 29, 2011 10:25 AM BST
lets hope garry is the sole beneficiary
Report TRD.Racing July 29, 2011 10:26 AM BST
How do you know 2500=3000 people have been calling a day
Report the.mad.dog.man July 29, 2011 10:27 AM BST
the worlds gone mad paying wiltshire for tips pmsl
Report THEGHOSTOFFSTOW July 29, 2011 10:34 AM BST
the man wouldnt tell ya if it wa faccking raining!!!!!!!!! and people want to ring up for tips, and whoevers put 2500-3000 callers, then mu friend youre as stupid as them if you believe that!!!!!! i know somethiong, id take evens there not there in the post advertising in 6 weeks
Report Facts July 29, 2011 11:03 AM BST
Anyone who rings a tipping line is deluded
Report 11kv July 29, 2011 11:08 AM BST
Good luck to him
took 80 quid off him at Kingston Blount
though he was gonna cry
as he handed it over he said we hope you had lost the ticket
its going to be a bad day.....
Report DeKaiser July 29, 2011 11:12 AM BST
Ghost you clearly have no intelligence when it comes to how these things work especially wiith marketing.
Report the.mad.dog.man July 29, 2011 11:20 AM BST
the ghost is right gary would not tell you tomorrow is saturday he would say i think its sunday tomorrowLaugh
Report Facts July 29, 2011 12:11 PM BST
....and then pull a stupid gurning face !
Report the.mad.dog.man July 29, 2011 12:31 PM BST
none of the tipters put anything up at 8.00 they all wait to see what been backed its like the 3 card trickLaugh
Report buzzer July 29, 2011 12:41 PM BST
Is Parrot in the background attempting to tell jokes while Gal is doing his stuff to drag out the call?
Report the.mad.dog.man July 29, 2011 12:46 PM BST
think they are trying to get tracksuitdave on boardLaugh
Report buzzer July 29, 2011 12:47 PM BST
You'll have to ring that number after the days racing I take it Laugh
Report THEGHOSTOFFSTOW July 31, 2011 11:20 AM BST
de kaiser , marketing???? what do you mean?  any evens the adds are not in the post in 5 weeks??????
Report TELL DEL July 31, 2011 11:35 AM BST

I know the strength of it, and a tipping line can be a good money-spinner,
but 12k a day profit, if it was that good Tommo must be a multi-millionaire and high on the country's rich list !!!Laugh
Report know all July 31, 2011 11:48 AM BST
wiltshire knows his stuff you cant compare him and tommo, gals different class, must be on a very good earner good luck to him
Report kohaku July 31, 2011 11:54 AM BST
It's all a lot of ballocks.anyone who listens to 3rd parties is doomed.

It's a known fact.that winners do the opposite to the majority,running with the herd is no good at all... even the fast pic boys are doomed to failure in the end.
Report the.mad.dog.man July 31, 2011 11:59 AM BST
only nutcases phone tipping lines Laugh
Report MrHunt July 31, 2011 12:04 PM BST
why doesnt he bet them all for 10k himself?
Report reluctant July 31, 2011 12:15 PM BST
if his tips are on a par

with his silly odds on

tips at sky dogs

FORGET ABOUT HIM

HE IS A CLUELESS NO NOTHING

A PLONKER AN IMPOSTER

A FALSE PROMISER
Report DeKaiser July 31, 2011 12:35 PM BST
Mate runs a company supplying the sms and premium rate platforms for several 'ex-jockeys'.Most new services make their biggest profits in the first few weeks then it hits a plateau.Mate has just bough a place near marbella for £4.3 million after running sms and premium rate platform services for just 3-4 years.Says the gambling mugs ringing tipping lines will always be the same.
Report the.mad.dog.man July 31, 2011 12:36 PM BST
heard he getting mytic meg on the firmLaugh
Report DeKaiser July 31, 2011 12:52 PM BST
He did the sex lines in the sport when he started Laugh
Report A.H HUNTER esq. July 31, 2011 12:57 PM BST
It looks like he will do anything to get his dough back !!!!!
Report TELL DEL July 31, 2011 4:00 PM BST
Re tipping lines, years ago John Gough had a tipping line, Goughsguide.
He had the benefit of an hour-long TV documentary about his life as a pro gambler,
and launched his service on the back of that. This was years before the
premium rate services. He had 6 women answering the phones and giving out his selections.

True comment from an earlier post, 'the gambling mugs ringing tipping lines will always be the same.'
There use to be a weekly paper The Sporting Chronicle Handicap Book,
and that was full with tipsters and systems etc. etc.

In more recent years, Patrick Veitch had a very successful tipping service,
'The Professional', he made a fortune out of that. Started it when he was a student at Cambridge. His college room at Trinity College was like Curry's, full of phones, TVs and electrical equipment. He had 2 girls answering the phones for 3 hours every morning.

If you get it right, it is a hell of a good money-spinner.
Report theres only one best tonic August 1, 2011 11:14 AM BST
even arthur daley tried it taught toilet thompson everything he knew about conning joe public
Report thebrave August 1, 2011 12:09 PM BST
^
TP McKenna tipping up the horses, Terry answering the call boxes outside the train station, to give the punters the selections LaughLaugh
Report Roynreanie August 1, 2011 12:14 PM BST
GW has 'Form' for this before ... Used to be involved with the main guy at Brimardon.

Used to be a Private subscription service along with Tic-Tac.

Both gone down the old swanny

Both reincarnated as different propositions ..obviously offering the same excrement under new 'brand names'
Report Facts August 1, 2011 12:20 PM BST
DeKaiser     29 Jul 11 10:12 

WALOFS !!!
Report TRD.Racing August 1, 2011 12:36 PM BST
Tic Tac ran a site then bought the Brimardon outfit.Years ago there was fortunes to be made from the lines.Colin Tinkler made a good few quid from his line.Told you what the weather was like for the first minute,then the gallops the 2nd minute.Right down to the racing after 2mins and what ever the charge was at the time per min in the bank
Report know all August 1, 2011 12:42 PM BST
In more recent years, Patrick Veitch had a very successful tipping service,

Just to put my penny worth in, the fist premium line was colin tincler who made a fortune, he used to tell jokes at the end of his tips and im sure most phoned for the jokes, very funny man.

2nd in was martin julian very good, made a fortune.

3rd in was veith who did very well but the service was poor.

a few more started as i still have the papers from the time so you can see how it developed, fineform started.

4,5,6th around the same time starting were the winning line, tictac and isiris.
the winning line were very good, tictac was the professional in the north very good, isiris very good.

with the new breed starting veich found it hard to compete imo, and rumors abound that he was borrowing a few of the other tipsters tips. he seemed to fade away while the other tipsters battled it out with lots of profits published,

the winning line went private so did isiris and tictac, those 3 ditched the premium lines quickly when they realised they had to give something everyday. that left hundreds of the sheep who started premium rate lines floundering, the 2 to still be going strong are tictac and isiris all the others seem to have faded away or retired in the bahamas

A paper from 93 like the weekender would have 2-3 pages of small premium rate tipsters.

the scandal of the racing information database top tipster fiddle and the sackings from the sporting life and post deserve a story by itself.
Report TRD.Racing August 1, 2011 1:01 PM BST
Who runs the Prophet line,anyone know
Report Roynreanie August 1, 2011 1:12 PM BST
Hi Know all

Seem to remember PV joined Winning Line for reported mega bucks (think he covered this in his book as well from memory)

One who have stood the test of time, and went via teletext was Racing Telegraph. Used to call it in my youth, and contrived to do my conkers. Not sure if they are any good ..sure the usual comments apply

More to add to your post really rather tahn start the usual tipster debate etc.

All the Best
Report Racecourse Regular August 1, 2011 1:31 PM BST
Used to be a M Cook I believe as well? Alex Gorrie?  Anybody think of anymore
Report cheerful sparrow August 1, 2011 1:42 PM BST
I've never known any tipping line to make a long term profit over a period of say two years and I've subscribed to a few in my time going back to the late John Banks and John Gough,(don't know if he's still around).There are now dozens advertised, but it boils down to one thing, if you or I knew about a horse running in a race at a meeting which had an outstanding chance of winning and laid out for the race with a price of around 12/1,for what possible reason would you tell anyone else, even for money?  Every penny bet would bring the price of the horse down.
What you would do is tell everyone that some other horse was going to win the race. You would do this so that the price of your horse would drift in the betting. Think about it. You would do your level best to put them on to another horse in the race with some spiel and then go out and back your horse to big money and laugh all the way to the bank.

John Gough,(I hope he is still around),blew his money once and then made it again but when asked how many people, generally, made a living from backing horses, he said "1 in 10,000."
And there you have it. It's 10,000/1 against you making money, long term. The owners of tippng lines survive for one reason and one reason only, getting people to subsribe to their services. They themselves DO NOT win money, long term, backing horses, they live off subscriptions because they cannot make it pay from purely betting on their own.  The real winners, and there are a few around, wouldn't tell a living soul what they're backing. You have been warned!
Report bigwallups August 1, 2011 1:45 PM BST
got 1 through the post bout 2 yrs ago called jock mccracken !! free trial wk he tipped 2 odds on and 3 around the 5-4 mark all lost Laugh should have joined just 2 lay them now i think of it !!!
Report Quick As You Like August 1, 2011 1:46 PM BST
10,000/1 to make money at racing Cry  thanks for the good news cheerful sparrow, you've really made my day
Report Arsene August 1, 2011 1:52 PM BST
There was one in the 90's called Faces Rcaing Service. Used to say he was from South East London and occasionally made reference to Mark Winstanley being a mate of his. Used to be pretty good. May well be wrong, but when the bloke was away, his sidekick who covered for him sounded very much like Steve Mellish.
Report Genuine August 4, 2011 12:13 PM BST
They don't all pretend to have inside info, and they are not all bad.
Report duncan idaho August 4, 2011 12:29 PM BST
'wiltshire knows his stuff you cant compare him and tommo, gals different class'

Laugh Yeah, right
Report tinkler August 4, 2011 1:26 PM BST
If it was a tipping contest Thommo v Wiltshire my money would be on Thommo. Wiltshires that bad.
Report DeKaiser August 4, 2011 1:28 PM BST
Callers down 82% this week Laugh
Report Racecourse Regular August 4, 2011 1:30 PM BST
Wiltshire can spout rubbish and make it appear believable though to keep the mugs coming back, thats what its all about ............ A Near miss yesterday trainer reported afterwards that the horsebox got held up on route to the track and that contributed to the poor race, keep on the rightside of it next time e.t.c...............
Report levelstakes1 August 4, 2011 1:31 PM BST
Last night on skydogs Gary made a dog in T2 his Nap. It came nowhere and the dog in T3 (trained by Harry Finlays sister) pissed up
Report duncan idaho August 4, 2011 1:40 PM BST
close..only 1 trap out [;)]
Report Facts August 4, 2011 1:59 PM BST
...............John Gough,(I hope he is still around),blew his money once and then made it again but when asked how many people, generally, made a living from backing horses, he said "1 in 10,000."...........

Did you know that 97.6 % of all statistics are completely made up !!Happy
Report reluctant August 4, 2011 2:00 PM BST
at sky dogs 16 picks a night

I.E. 16 favs with the 16

second favs in each race

the danger..........

now classed in the TH  OMMO grade

IMPOSTER PLONKER

knows nothing about anything

connected with horses or dogs

A KNOW NOTHING AS HE HAS PROVED HIMSELF

(knows how to do his and your bollocks)
Report TheNorfolkMafia August 4, 2011 6:39 PM BST
The only selections you need to know are posted on here, free, obviously, (usually posted the evening before racing) and it's, 'The Weasel'wise. He's a Legend.
Report SkintofGreatYarmouth August 4, 2011 11:38 PM BST
Very many thanks for your kind words, 'The Weasel'
Report SPIDER PIG August 5, 2011 12:46 AM BST
read gary,s book last week took me 3to 4 hours{ got it for my birthday )really disapointing got the daughter to take it back and she got steve palmers instead a great read
Report worcesterwilly August 5, 2011 11:12 AM BST
Alex Gorrie still going strong advertises in the Daily Star;Dunwoody does OK too with his tipping line makes a nice few quid out of it,Isiris as mentioned is still around in some form or another.
Report cheerful sparrow August 5, 2011 12:50 PM BST
...."Did you know that 97.6% of all statistics are completely made up!!" Possibly Facts, but I'm confident this one is'nt. What % of punters, does anyone on this forum truly believe can make a living purely from betting, without any other income whatsoever? And by a living I mean continuous long term sustainable existence, i.e. average national salary of say £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, with regular holidays etc., living the kind of normal life that that income would give them.
There are a few of course, Betfair have admitted that there are a few hundred consistent winners on their books and have as such levied a higher commission on their winnings, but these few hundred winners are on the opposite side of hundreds of thousands of long term losers. If we are honest with ourselves, most of us are in it for a bit of fun, or should be. It's daft to get too serious about it!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now