Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Alvarado
03 Dec 10 19:35
| Topic/replies: 1,355 | Blogger: Alvarado's blog
hi does anyone know who trains CHELTENIAN roger brookhouse brought him at the cheltenham sale for 200k i think but dident say who he was putting him with i thought hed be with david pipe but hes not on there website and i noticed the owner now has horses with philip hobbs/ian williams any news would be gratteful
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Roger Brookhouse - 200k bumper horse
Show More
Report Dan Chipowski December 3, 2010 7:59 PM GMT
He said at the time he'd take it home for a while and decide where it was heading. My money would be on Hobbs, but no definite information.
Report Koo.... December 3, 2010 8:00 PM GMT
he should send it to Brian Ellison's yard imo
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:05 PM GMT
more to the point, what makes him worth even half that
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:17 PM GMT
theres many a horse has come second in a bumper and hasnt gone on to take over the world
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:24 PM GMT
i think ud want ur head examined payin that. im a (slight) nick williams fan and when i see him buying diamond harry and reve together for 20k god only knows what hed get u for 200k... a champion hurdler id guess. the only one stupid enough to pay that for a horse with bumper form is graham wylie
Report TiptheOdds December 3, 2010 8:26 PM GMT
For that kind of money I would want a G3 flat performer (at least) capable of becoming the next Sea Pigeon..
Report Koo.... December 3, 2010 8:28 PM GMT
Makes my purcashe of Saptapadi look ok
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:28 PM GMT
ud surely be able to get one
Report Harchibaldy December 3, 2010 8:33 PM GMT
Koo - depends on what you paid for it. Has he changed stables and is he gonna be jumping?
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:34 PM GMT
82k guineas
Report Harchibaldy December 3, 2010 8:36 PM GMT
If he's sound, that's a real bargain! Although he's been relatively disappointing, there's definite group potential and a possible Champion Hurdler too! Devil
Report TiptheOdds December 3, 2010 8:45 PM GMT
koo, when you pay a lot of money for a horse to go jumping do you take out insurance against serious injury? And how much does it cost?
Report Koo.... December 3, 2010 8:45 PM GMT
hes 100% sound, a touch disappointing for a horse who had always shown alot more than his G2 placings on the gallops.   He stays on the flat this season as i didnt buy him for hurdling.   Hurdling is Plan B after winning the Yorkshire Cup followed by a tilt at the melbourne cup / USA campaign.   But it wouldnt be a bad plan B would it ?    A great mix of speed and stamina as well.
Report wood December 3, 2010 8:47 PM GMT
I think it was Brookhouse who bought City Venture who won two bumpers for Terry Caldwell.It was sold for a world record at the time of about 144k.I think it only ran once finishing tailed off.
Report kabcast December 3, 2010 8:52 PM GMT
Gatflex cost owners fortune a while ago,ended up running round gaffs trained by A.Turnell.
Report revedesivola December 3, 2010 8:56 PM GMT
the best of luck with him koo
Report school of science December 3, 2010 10:26 PM GMT
talking of bumper horses,which Yorkshire trained horse became the first horse ever to win a Group 1 race on the flat having started his career in a bumper ?
Report Koo.... December 3, 2010 10:28 PM GMT
collier hill id guess
Report Hearts.no1 December 3, 2010 10:31 PM GMT
Do not know if it was Collier Hill but has to be a Swinbank horse imo.
Report school of science December 3, 2010 10:33 PM GMT
spot on Koo,he won a bumper at Catterick and went on to win the Irish St Leger,trained by Alan Swinbank
Report school of science December 3, 2010 10:44 PM GMT
ok Koo,who started his career winning a bumper at Huntingdon before going on to win the Cambridgeshire ?
Report Harchibaldy December 3, 2010 11:10 PM GMT
SOS - far too easy!
Report Koo.... December 4, 2010 12:35 AM GMT
i guessed right but double checked myself eventaully des;pite spelling its name wrong a few times to actually check it.   The wonderful mellottie who ran in the race when they allowed 40 runners.   Now that would be a great spectacle
Report irish_guy_13 December 4, 2010 1:01 AM GMT
insurance usually 10& per year on nh. i think.
Report bank view December 4, 2010 4:18 AM GMT
I see Brian has got Webbow now too.  That could be interesting 1st time out
Report dpm December 4, 2010 9:36 AM GMT
SOS was it Mellotte ?
Report bigmart December 4, 2010 9:46 AM GMT
looks a class act on paper but ,you can get a class horse in New Zealand for £100 k and they are as tough as old boots .I.M.O
Report school of science December 4, 2010 11:41 AM GMT
yep,Mellottie was the answer,trained by Mary Reveley
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now