Forums

Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kingofthedirt
09 Apr 10 12:35
| Topic/replies: 615 | Blogger: kingofthedirt's blog
Think its been a few weeks since the last thread on this so I thought we might as well have one to run nicely alongside the RUK one. Well overdue imo
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Is I/R finished?
Show More
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 12:23 AM BST
only the strong survive..
Report sparrow August 12, 2017 6:56 AM BST
Ended on Wednesday.
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 9:36 AM BST
ww2?
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 10:08 AM BST
Imo there are 3 bands of in running.

A) Track players
B) Successful players on best pictures they can get
C)Losers

Band B is on life support due to ATR/SIS/Bookmaker/TRP/ARC etc all working against them for their own selfish and short sighted ends

A and C will continue but both will get frustrated with lack of liquidity. Even the losers want to get matched.
Report spyker August 12, 2017 10:20 AM BST
So even with the transfer of tracks from ATR to RUK and it being self-evident why there is a delay (as there is with all satelitte stuff) some people still think it a conspiracy purely to annoy them? What a narcissistic world we live in!
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 10:22 AM BST
If you think there's not an industry wide policy to thwart in running you are tripping, spyker!
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 10:24 AM BST
Exhibit one would be the absolute paranoia over facetiming.
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 10:35 AM BST
In-running is only for those with "live" feed eg terrestrial tv transmission, and betting entities who are in a position to "cream off" any discrepancies due to a delay in pictures, including 999/1; those "naive" participants taking a position blindly would be opened to financial abuse sooner rather than later as their position will be monitored by bots, and disputes cannot be proven one way or another.

I firmly believe in-running is certainly not a measurement of one's ability to read races/horses during the race but could be an option to manage one's liability if one is a trader/arbitrager which I'm not.
Report DOUBLED August 12, 2017 11:15 AM BST
Track players want good liquidity but want everyone playing 50 yards behind them Laughgo figure
Report parispike August 12, 2017 1:15 PM BST
I was at Wolves and even the on track big screen pictures were delayed between 2 and 3 seconds.

Why?
Report acey deucy August 12, 2017 1:23 PM BST
I hope it is finished....A truly stinking betting medium imho.Plain
Report jamesdean August 12, 2017 1:26 PM BST
Its been finished at least twice a year for the last 10 years or so (on here)

What that means is it gets harder and harder every year. Same faces still be here this time next year nap
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 1:26 PM BST
Because the paying public dont count paris pike. Basically to stop facetiming.
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 1:28 PM BST
They dont like facetime because it's PIRATING. Meanwhile free pics on 7 east for anyone with a dish. THEY don't stop this because it's too far behind live for in running. Wrong kind of PIRATING guvnor.
Report duncan idaho August 12, 2017 1:30 PM BST
impossible123  12 Aug 17 10:35

I firmly believe in-running is certainly not a measurement of one's ability to read races/horses during the race

it is TOTALLY a measure of ability to read races/horses if you're doing it from home with no time advantage (rather a disadvantage)...how else could you be profitable? luck?
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:01 PM BST
facetimers = vermin faulty.
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:05 PM BST
I have a friend who has been betting in running since it begun

and still makes a very good living from it.
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 2:06 PM BST
no fan of facetimers, but no facetime and no feeds is another nail in the coffin
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:08 PM BST
people pay £1200 a day for a box..then someone goes and facetimes it back to another 10 for £15 entrance fee...

no ta
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:12 PM BST
who pays £1500 for a day?
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:14 PM BST
people pay £1200 a day for a box..then someone goes and facetimes it back to another 10 for £15 entrance fee...

no ta

so if you were paying £15 per person for the box , you wouldn't care about facetimers ?
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 2:16 PM BST
so it is track players dictating matters to courses? Interesting.
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:16 PM BST
no..as long as they had a media streaming license.
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 2:17 PM BST
eventually facetimers will get in the boxes. Pure economics Cool
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:17 PM BST
I am not familiar with the term 'facetimers' what does it imply?
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:17 PM BST
no one is 'dictating....the pictures they send dont belong to them.
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:18 PM BST
miprixabloater    12 Aug 17 14:17 
I am not familiar with the term 'facetimers' what does it imply?#

using facetime function on a iphone.
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:22 PM BST
Steve I must appear thickj but what does facetime function on a iphone to a non technical

85 year old mean?
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:25 PM BST
no..as long as they had a media streaming license

can anyone get one or would that be restricted to ATR/RUK or whoever hold the streaming rights ?
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:27 PM BST
Lads when I bet in running from the tracks there was none of this bollocks

being bandied about.  Hot times have changed.LaughLaughLaugh
Report dustybin August 12, 2017 2:27 PM BST
All all places full on course wazza or are there starting to be vacant positions at the tracks you frequent?
Report dustybin August 12, 2017 2:28 PM BST
*are
Report howard August 12, 2017 2:32 PM BST
drones the way forward
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 2:33 PM BST
duncan idaho...I was referring to non-terrestrial tv feed mainly that was not live. Even for live feed ones it would be extremely difficult to read correctly most of the time unless it was a horse with all the correct credentials, in Group races (only) and going swimmingly well approaching the 2f marker or later otherwise I'd still lay even at 2 or less; I'd also lay any runner (unexpected) at the front who I think was trading at a much shorter price than I'd envisaged (fancied or not) and would tread water just around the corner.

I'm not a fan of this type of betting and only use it to off-set an earlier bet.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:38 PM BST
myprix

facetime is - pointing your camera phone at the on course tv and streaming it straight back to people at home/office with a minimal delay . willie will know better than me, but it could be as little as 0.4 behind live
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:40 PM BST
myprix

by camera phone i mean it's like using the video function . facetime is talking to someone face to face on your phone instead of ear to ear   , so people use this to send on-course pics
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:40 PM BST
pablo thanks very much.Happy
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:42 PM BST
pablo that seems to suggest that the person receiving the pictures

makes the decisions about betting.
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:44 PM BST
dustybin    12 Aug 17 14:27 
All all places full on course wazza or are there starting to be vacant positions at the tracks you frequent?

seats do go unused..was 2 seats unused at newc thur nite.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:44 PM BST
that's correct myprix . the person at the course will charge a fee to watch the pictures . not sure how much , but he can stream it to many people.

again , willie will know
Report dustybin August 12, 2017 2:46 PM BST
Theres new tech about 18mths away that changes everything people think of when thinking of what a camera looks like.
They can make a camera a one cm square patch that looks nothing like a lense.

There will soon be noway of possibly knowing what is and isnt a camera.
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 2:47 PM BST
Just watched the 14:30 from Haydock win by Frankuus the front runner.

At about the 4f marker Frankuus was still trading at 8 here with Laraaib at 3; at about the 3f marker Laraaib was 2.5 (and shortening) with Frankuus still available at 8; soon after Frankuus was still 8; at about the 1.5f Frankuus extended his lead with Laraaib unable to make further inroad but Frankuus was still available at 2.5; Mount Logan the eventual 2nd was making progress on Frankuus and traded at about 1.8, shorter than Frankuus. The rest is history.

How was that possible when even to the naked eye Mount Logan was not making up ground sufficiently to challenge Frankuus let alone catching and passing Frankuus to win?
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:47 PM BST
pablo how things have moved on, amazing.
Report big aitch August 12, 2017 2:48 PM BST
GREAT, I'LL BUY SOME CHEAP FAST PICS
Report screaming from beneaththewaves August 12, 2017 2:52 PM BST
How was that possible when even to the naked eye Mount Logan was not making up ground sufficiently to challenge Frankuus let alone catching and passing Frankuus to win?

You do realize that unless you're posting this from your seat at Haydock Park, you weren't actually watching it with the naked eye?

If you were watching it on RUK, then you were looking at events nearly 2 seconds after people at the track were.
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:53 PM BST
In years to come if one walked around racecourses with a camera lens

inserted in ones knobend could one be done for indecent exposure?LaughLaugh
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 2:53 PM BST
Not much good if they slowed all the pictures dusty.
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 2:53 PM BST
No, on itv ie live feed - not delay transmission.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:54 PM BST
myprix , yes things have moved on , but for us in the cheap at home seats , there have not been as many improvements as there could be
Report dustybin August 12, 2017 2:56 PM BST
thefear
what about fixed cameras in boxes that people have noway of determining whether are cameras or not?
Report dustybin August 12, 2017 2:58 PM BST
the future is one of total paranoia Plain
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 2:59 PM BST
No, on itv ie live feed - not delay transmission

what's this ?
Report miprixabloater August 12, 2017 2:59 PM BST
pablo I knew guys at the track with all the advantages who still done their dough.
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 2:59 PM BST
If you were watching it on RUK, then you were looking at events nearly 2 seconds after people at the track were.

Report screaming from beneaththewaves August 12, 2017 3:00 PM BST
You must be cleaning up on in-running then, impossible123, what with your undelayed transmissions and superior race-reading ability.

Out of interest, could you post up your winning bets from backing Frankuus and/or laying both the fav and Mt Logan.
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 3:04 PM BST
yes, dusty, paranoia rules ok. Box infiltration is the wayyy forward,,,
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 3:04 PM BST
myprix , i guess you still have to be able to read a race and get correct prices as to what is happening .
Report duffy August 12, 2017 3:07 PM BST
I agree with jamesdean and Duncan.

impossible,

I/R wouldn't be for you anywayGrin
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 3:12 PM BST
In-running is too complex a betting proposition and not my cup of tea and only does it to manage liability/firm up profit. Also, I had no financial interest in the 14:30 at Haydock either but was just using the race to emphasise how difficult, unpredictable and incorrect the users/participants of in-running were encountering.

I think layers of front runners on softish ground usually win more times than lose. Maybe, just maybe, further research into this could be rewarding (initially at least/perhaps).
Report Jack Bauer '24' August 12, 2017 3:15 PM BST
I suspect impossible123 is watching on ITV 4. If so, the pictures are not live but hugely delayed.
Report tips August 12, 2017 3:17 PM BST
even betting at home with ruk is way easier than betting before the off it is about 1.2 a1.3 behind live and if you know the run style of horses it is profitable smallish stake here now due to the extra delay on ruk pics it was great when it was 0.9
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 3:20 PM BST
ITV 4 is not live,...is that so? If only I'd got involved with in-running at Haydock I'd have won a bit of dosh. Anyway, a useful facility, if needed.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves August 12, 2017 3:21 PM BST
Impossible123: You say you spotted an obvious winner at 8.0 and 2.5, yet you didn't have a bet on it.

My question is, what the hell do you have a bet on then?

Because otherwise, you're just after-timing.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 3:23 PM BST
impossible, what interface are you looking at to see the odds in running, the betfair web page ?
Report duffy August 12, 2017 3:23 PM BST
Grin
Report Jack Bauer '24' August 12, 2017 3:24 PM BST
If you want to bet in-running use Betfair live video. There are many long term winners who rely on nothing more than that.
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 3:26 PM BST
Prestigious Group races and anteposts (non-handicaps) are my kind of bets. Even saturday big handicaps races are mainly fact finding, info gathering and passing the time unless I have a multiple eg trixie/yankee for a bit of fun.
Report impossible123 August 12, 2017 3:34 PM BST
Yes, betfair web page only for in-running. Betting is only a bit of fun to me but I hate losing too if due to a lack of info gathered.
Report Jack Bauer '24' August 12, 2017 3:39 PM BST
The fact that there are horse racing punters on here unaware that digital pictures are delayed and that they should be using BLV shows how little Betfair have done to promote in-running betting.
Report jmdc August 12, 2017 3:44 PM BST
Hopefully the filthy shysters will decline their course bookings and return to running the three card trick outside the racecourses.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 3:45 PM BST
jack , until the time where everyone is on a level playing field ( picture speed wise ) , it's hard for betfair to promote in-running imo
Report duffy August 12, 2017 3:48 PM BST
ruk ahead of lv in my front room.
Report Jack Bauer '24' August 12, 2017 3:56 PM BST
As long as they make it absolutely clear that there are track players waiting to steal your money and that you should only get involved if fully aware of the risks, it is preferable to having people believe they are betting with live pics when watching ITV or ATR because Betfair have not educated their customers enough to prevent them being fleeced and then giving up completely.
Report pablo-fanque August 12, 2017 4:06 PM BST
Laugh

sounds good to me then
Report TheFear August 12, 2017 4:24 PM BST
Our man on the HBF will get this all sorted. I have faith.
Report carstairs August 12, 2017 4:56 PM BST
the Brighton arm waver was the last straw
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 5:02 PM BST
Mr tumble?
Report carstairs August 12, 2017 5:05 PM BST
could be, I don't watch those channels
Report alun2005 August 12, 2017 6:32 PM BST
Lads, out of curiosity, do the tracl players ever use that PERISCOPE facility to broadcast pictures back to the in-running traders?
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 6:43 PM BST
Richard Basehart  does it.
Report duffy August 12, 2017 6:43 PM BST
carrier pigeons
Report alun2005 August 12, 2017 6:48 PM BST
I had to look him up Wullie !!
Report Willie Shafter. August 12, 2017 7:03 PM BST
Wink
Report a bitofinterest August 13, 2017 12:17 AM BST
i've heard mr ed shows his periscope on the internet alun       

and he gets layed frequently
Report ProSniper August 13, 2017 1:15 AM BST
It's finished when Shafty and co can no longer make 6figs a year..
Report Willie Shafter. August 13, 2017 2:46 AM BST
Cry
Report howard August 13, 2017 2:22 PM BST
Wazza do you ever do any pre-race lays ? There is certainly  liquidity on the short ones in the last few minutes. And could doing this get rid of the PC ?
Report Ekbalco August 13, 2017 2:30 PM BST
Just normal feed hear - and making plenty.
Report Willie Shafter. August 13, 2017 2:30 PM BST
rarely do anything pre race with being on 40%..can only gain more charges by covering a lay on a different market..very tedious job.
Report Studious_1 August 14, 2017 12:47 AM BST
Things less finnnish than I/R

VHS
Blackburn Rovers
Woolworths
Pan Am
The Dodo

A comprehensive list I'm sure y'all agree.
Report Willie Shafter. August 14, 2017 9:51 AM BST
sheepskin coats
Report NOW WE KNOW August 14, 2017 10:15 AM BST
I managed to make about 300 quid in running at Newton Abbott at the last meeting stood in the stands with a smartphone. If you know the running style of the horses or can spot weakness I have no doubt this is very doable. The big screen was close to live which was helpful for stuff down the back straight.
Report duncan idaho August 14, 2017 10:41 AM BST
helpful to be live and know the running style of horses you say? interesting
Report bullraider August 14, 2017 12:18 PM BST
Interesting that I was tuned in to ATR the other day and the commentary was coming from wh radio,they were miles behind the pictures
There was a delay of around 10 seconds,enough to make a decision.
If you follow wh radio be aware of this.
Report duncan idaho August 14, 2017 1:12 PM BST
behind ATR  Shocked
Report FOYLESWAR August 14, 2017 1:19 PM BST
another 2 less finish than in runnin ................leslie( dirty den) grantham and micheal basrrimore ,imo of course, kim dong jung may soon be more finnish ! any more finnishes ?
Report grappler August 14, 2017 5:00 PM BST
tea caddy feeds
Report FOYLESWAR August 14, 2017 6:18 PM BST
vesta beef currys and snuff
Report adlestrop August 14, 2017 6:24 PM BST
Rolf's cartoon club
Report FOYLESWAR August 14, 2017 6:37 PM BST
crackerjack pencils ,spangles and great britain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now