Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Middle_Of_March
12 Jun 18 04:55
| Topic/replies: 103 | Blogger: Middle_Of_March's blog
This America filly for Ward will absolutely piss up.

5/1 NRNB is a crazy silly price. The danger is probably Shades of Blue if she turns up as she looked good at Ascot but just listen to what Ward says on his filly and watch her run on debut. Even in her work she’s doing everything effortlessly that I’ve seen on the videos.

These two year olds from the states come over after being on the lasix and tend to be huge in comparison to our Fillies. Anyone remember Acapulco in the race a while back (2015 I think it was). She was massive compared to the rest.

Lady Aurelia for the same trainer won impressively in 2016 and he certainly knows how to get one ready for this.
Chelsea Cloisters may not turn out to be a Lady Aurelia but I expect her to win this in the style of a superior filly.

My NAP for the week, if not Dreamfield in the Wokingham, is Chelsea Cloisters in the Queen Mary.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Queen Mary Stakes - Royal Ascot
Show More
Report impossible123 June 12, 2018 8:27 AM BST
If she runs...betting suggests the King Stand.
Report unclepuncle June 12, 2018 8:51 AM BST
What the f**k are you on about I123.

How can a two year old filly run in the Kings Stand - she isn't eligible. Crazy
Report sintonian June 12, 2018 2:24 PM BST
Love how everyone just blindly backs his horses after what Ward has said. Your NAP of the meeting, eh?
Report Middle_Of_March June 12, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Don’t be a knob Sintonian.

I’d backed her a month ago for the race as soon as Bet365 went NRNB. Nothing to do with his comments.

I’m just saying that Ward said in the last couple of days that she’s as good as a Queen mary horse as he’s had.

She halved this morning into 5/2.
Report sintonian June 12, 2018 3:26 PM BST
they've not been NRNB for a month. But good luck with your bet!
Report Afc888 June 12, 2018 4:03 PM BST
I wouldn't advocate backing based solely on Wards comment however he does deserve a lot of respect he very rarely brings over duds considering the expenditure involved in bringing horses over as well as the quality he clearly possess in the yard.

Another thing noted above the 2yr olds in America are usually a lot further forward (Probably Lasix) than the English horses at 2. The English horses would usually be better prospects after another year experience etc coming into there own at a slower pace. Acapulco listed above. Hootenanny another beast won 5f in the Windsor Castle (Didn't do much after that) Looked a monster that day again 2Yr old at the time.

I can definitley see the logic behind the points made by the OP.

Lady Aurelia would be my NAP. 3/3 at Ascot.

(Pretty sure she gets the allowance again. I'm sure somebody can tell me otherwise. A few doubts yes  after last couple of runs. Not convinced the race is the stronges) Horses for courses. Battash is a danger however temperment is very questionable for me.
Report Middle_Of_March June 12, 2018 4:23 PM BST
Well three weeks then.  However long it’s been, I was fortunate that they went NRNB on that morning as I went to place my bet.

It was easily three weeks ago.

You sound very bitter about something Sintonian. Chill out.!
Report Andrew in Sweden June 12, 2018 7:29 PM BST
Chelsea Cloisters won a $36,000, 4.5f dirt race by 8L, but was 11/10 fav, obviously influenced by WW and her track work.

From those in the race that ran previously and since, only one, her stablemate Montana Sunset has won, and shes only rated 63 !

She has a strong dirt pedigree, so you don't know if she will even be as effective on turf. On top of that the sire doesn't scream out sprinter, and the dams offspring have been racing over further than 5f.

WW often ramps ups his runners, but they don't all win.

I'm not suggesting she won't win, but i would rather be on Lady Aurelia, a filly we've all seen what she can do. Basically you're just going on what her trainer has said, or read something.

Good luck.
Report unclepuncle June 12, 2018 8:43 PM BST
His QM horse went off odds on last year and got beat by Clive Cox’s - hopefully same again this year.Grin
Report impossible123 June 12, 2018 10:55 PM BST
'Middle_Of_March', my apology,...misread your header write-up.
Report Middle_Of_March June 13, 2018 1:29 AM BST
Andrew in Sweden - I’ll back Lady Aurelia as well for her race. I actually had her introduced in the markets last year to break the track record in the race but she was eased down and was 0.1 of a second off the record. 25/1 I was given. Gutted.

For me, the Ascot horses I really really fancy at this stage are:
Chelsea Cloisters - Queen Mary
Dreamfields - Wokingham
Stradivarius - Gold Cup
Sergei Prokofiev - Coventry

To a lesser extent:
- Lady Aurelia - Kings Stand
- Sharja Bridge - RH Cup

I will be getting stuck into Benbatl in the Queen Anne too.

Not a layer of horses but depending on the opposition and how short he gets, I may lay Cracksman in the POW.

And also played Wesley Ward 3 or more winners at 8/1 and (to a lesser extent) 4 or more winners at 33/1.

Good luck to you all with your bets.
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 11:38 AM BST
What would you have to fill the void of the 3rd winner for Ward out of interest?

Chelsea Cloisters + Lady Aurelia.. The others from the 10 he's sent over seem to have outside chances. Think 3 may be asking a lot personally. Would it not of been better maybe to double the two when the prices were there? Not criticizing just womdering out of interest as Ward is quite capable of delivering 3 winners.Just thought the 8/1 on 3 may be a little on the slim side.
Report Middle_Of_March June 13, 2018 9:07 PM BST
Good question

I’ve played Bound for knowhere each way at 20/1 in the Diamond Jubilee and think he will go very well. I’d also say his horse in the Norfolk and his horse in the Windsor Castle will run big races.

Plus his handicap horses certainly warrant respect. Undrafted won the DJ in 2015 and goes in one of the sprint handicaps I think.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now