Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
07 Jun 18 08:00
| Topic/replies: 1,933 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
The Royal Hunt cup is laways a tricky race and better to bet on once the draw is confirmed.  But i cant help having a bet on Zhui FEng at 25/1.

Considering he won the race last year albeit a lower mark but he was so lucky last time out despite top weight.

This horse is suited to Ascot and cant see him being out of top 4 - if he gets the draw... and certainly wont be 25s...

Good luck!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ZHUI FENG 25/1 Royal Hunt Cup
Show More
Report IrisDeBalme June 7, 2018 8:01 AM BST
Sorry for typos - on the train... :)
Report IrisDeBalme June 7, 2018 8:01 AM BST
Sorry for typos - on the train... :)
Report Facts June 7, 2018 12:27 PM BST
Bumpy ride ?
Report Facts June 7, 2018 12:29 PM BST
The race is one of my favourite Handicaps. Not had a look yet.
Good luck with your selection Iris. Happy
Report GoldCupWinner June 7, 2018 8:25 PM BST
Good luck! I have firmament on my radar for place purposes but race is usually won by an improving type.
Report unclepuncle June 18, 2018 11:48 AM BST
I'm going for Hors De Combat for the 3rd year runningCrazy - hopefully get around 50's on here.

Saver on Raising Sand at 25/1.
Report custardcream64 June 18, 2018 3:18 PM BST
Bless him interests me . Won at the meeting last year and this seems to be the target.
Report blackbarn June 18, 2018 7:00 PM BST
Mukalal - I like this big boy a lot, but surprised to see him declared for this. Only just got home over 7f last time out, and Tregoning said.......

"We do like Mukalal. He is a huge horse for a three year old. Hopefully he might stay in training . We all think there could be more races in him. Obviously though he is a little bit quirky but he is a very nice horse. Seven furlongs is a much as he gets and it's not out of the question that he might go back to six. I reckon that will be his lot for the year and it is fantastic to finish on a winning note".

Personally I think he might stay a mile but....they've either changed their mind, or Hamdan is going for a touch in the Bunbury CupCool
Report Facts June 18, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Afaak 12/1

Saltonstall 14/1
Report dunlaying June 19, 2018 10:08 AM BST
The old villain Gabrial is in with a great shout . Dettori gets him in the frame so he represents e/w value at 25/1 and upwards . If Century Dream wins today , and he could , the price will be knocked down .
I appreciate that it is hard to see him getting his head in front but they do say that every dog has his day .
Report Madhu June 19, 2018 7:36 PM BST
Archetype

In the last ten years no horse has carried more than 9-05; in fact since 1980 the largest weight carried to victory was Governorship on 9-06 in 1988. Seven of the last ten winners were rated 100+. Interestingly six of the last ten winners had prior winning form over 9 to 10 furlongs (Zhui Feng, Portage, Gm Hopkins, Prince Of Johanne, Julienas, and Mr Aviator).

Archetype fits this profile; unraced at two, he was a progressive 3yo with four wins from eight outings and the form of his Sandown win looks decent with the 3rd High Acclaim winning this year’s Spring Mile Handicap at Donny. Simon Crisford said after that win that he felt there is much more to come from him as a four-year-old. I think the performance today of stable companion Century Dream and overall stable form bodes well. Silvestre De Sousa is set to ride and after two conditioning runs in France (French-bred colt) I can see him running well at big price. Taken 50’s on here.
Report GoldCupWinner June 19, 2018 10:32 PM BST
If the draw looks like it will continue to favour those drawn low I will be backing saltonstall who appears to be an improving 4 year old since being gelded.
Report GoldCupWinner June 20, 2018 5:10 PM BST
Didn't look at the winner beforehand but with hindsight looked obvious.
Report unclepuncle June 20, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Horse De Combat should have been at least second - given a shocking ride.
Report Facts June 21, 2018 9:13 AM BST
GoldCupWinner    20 Jun 18 17:10 
Didn't look at the winner beforehand but with hindsight looked obvious.

Isn't this always the case ??Cool
Report GoldCupWinner June 21, 2018 11:22 AM BST
Haha yes I guess in most cases it is. Just the 4 timer, then a 5 month break before a bit of a quiet race staying on well at the end over a shorter trip. Had plot job written all over it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now