Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deptford
06 Jun 18 20:56
| Topic/replies: 6,201 | Blogger: Deptford's blog
365, doing this for 19 races at moment
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View NRNB Royal Ascot
Show More
Report irishone June 9, 2018 9:12 PM BST
Wonder what the stats show with NRNB

does it really represent valuw ?
Report irishone June 9, 2018 9:12 PM BST
*value    even ExcitedLaugh
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 8:35 AM BST
Unfortunately NRNB is the antithesis of ‘value’.

Bookie accountants want you taking high overround day of race prices for antepost races instead of value antepost prices for antepost races and many punters are falling for it taking these poor value prices. It is encouraging bookies to do it more.

Over time it is the value you get that determines whether you win or not. With NRNB prices the bookies are just taking your money quicker with less returns to you on average. In fact i reckon punters will lose more antepost with NRNB because it encourages them to bet more thinking they will get non runners back. However you still have to pick the winner weeks or months in advance and that fact remains for outright or NRNB antepost.

Yeah people can highlight where they got a better price NRNB than day of race but before NRNB you were likely to get double that price with the risk of non runner taken into account. For the big meetings like Cheltenham where connections move heaven and earth to get their horse there NRNB has totally destroyed antepost value with punters taking half the price in case their horse doesnt make it. You cannot survive antepost doing that.
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 8:39 AM BST
The OP says 365 are doing NRNB without mentioning the half a billion pounds profit they make every year from punters with the help of their accountants and Ray Winstone.
Report Deptford June 10, 2018 8:41 AM BST
It is a good offer in my opinion, I was having a study at the time and only just about noticed it, and the prices held up with the odd difference, it helps when horses have a number of entries
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 8:44 AM BST
Ok if you think taking prices for multiple entry horses at under the odds is going to lead to you making a profit long term good luck to you.

If you get your under the odds money back on the races your horse doesnt go for you are still left with an under the odds bet on the race he does go for. Think about that it will save you money by not taking part.
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 8:51 AM BST
On the bigger meetings long term antepost value has gone because the bookies now know they can take the money of the masses at half the price nearer the race when they can control the prices similar to day of race prices where they decide their profit (overround) on the race. Long range antepost used to be free of those price restrictions but bookies now see no need to offer value antepost because the punters who want to be seen as antepost punters actually aren't. They are day of race punters getting on at poor antepost prices.
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 9:03 AM BST
Another thought. To be making half a billion pounds profit EVERY YEAR 365 must be offering some seriously devastating sh*t value to punters. Mind you they close winners down straight away havent been able to get on since having the two Guineas winners the same year with them. Vermin sucking out of society without putting anything back.
Report Deptford June 10, 2018 9:05 AM BST
They must be paying that West Ham mug about that!!
Report eric_morris June 10, 2018 9:07 AM BST
Dont think Winstone will need to make many movies now with even a small fraction of those profits paid to the him.
Report Deptford June 10, 2018 9:16 AM BST
I have backed Romanised at 8/1, it is not bigger anywhere else, so im more than happy
Report irishone June 14, 2018 7:49 AM BST
There are plenty coming over from weld and mullins apparently
Report impossible123 June 14, 2018 8:44 AM BST
Romanised and Tip Top Win for me; a false price for Without Parole, I reckon.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now