Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
31 May 18 15:40
| Topic/replies: 1,388 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
A great two days of action kicks off with a 7 race card. The highlights are the great Cracksman strutting his stuff and the Oaks at 4.30pm.

My best bet of the day is in the 5.40 7 Furlong handicap. Galloway Hills. I was hoping this horse would stand his ground as he's been crying out for soft ground and his last two runs at HQ have excuses even though he ran well. I think this horse will be heavily backed and could go off as low as 4/1 or 5/1 with SDS and 8st 2lbs. 356 are 8/1 but think that won't last long. Good luck whatever you back in the race.

Anyone fancy anything in the other races ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Oaks Day Supporting Races
Show More
Report harry callaghan May 31, 2018 3:46 PM BST
a shame the price has already been ruined on galloway hills probably for pence as well
Report Hibore May 31, 2018 4:20 PM BST
To be fair they take quite hefty bets compared to billy and betdull. 13/2 now which is just about value.

I've also received a £25 free bet linked to my bet on this race(must be a promo that hasn't been sent out yet). So that makes it a bit sweeter.
Report harry callaghan May 31, 2018 4:32 PM BST
only 2 bookmakers price up and people go in, why not wait till the market is formed with all the bookmakers the horse should be 10/1 on what it has shown
Report Hibore May 31, 2018 4:51 PM BST
Free bet is on Oaks if you bet over £25 on any other race.

If you can get 10/1 let me know. To be fair I make it a very decent bet @ 8/1. It's 6/1 now.
Report lewisham ranger May 31, 2018 5:11 PM BST
think cracksman will win easily but price is very short

in the first race I like true belief
Report Hibore May 31, 2018 7:30 PM BST
Like look of Mendoza in 2.00 as well.

Galloway 5/1 now so wasn’t far out on that one.
Report harry callaghan May 31, 2018 7:32 PM BST
yes every racing correspondent has tipped it your another hero
Report Hibore May 31, 2018 7:48 PM BST
Lucky didn’t wait for your 10/1 from the form judge.
Report harry callaghan May 31, 2018 8:19 PM BST
well when 2 bookmakers price a race up and put him in at 8/1 they are dangling the carrot, then a few hundred pounds are traded and the price is altered without another bookmaker taking a penny. anyway he has a chance and you are clearly delighted. you clearly read the racing uk tipster and followed him in. the owner of the horse will be delighted with the odds he can now take and i certainly won't be playing now at the odds available
Report Hibore May 31, 2018 8:36 PM BST
Lol. If you think I time travelled to watch betting lab then you are more stupid than I thought. I’m also sorry the millionaire horse owner can’t get on at 8/1 but I don’t think he really cares to be honest.

You thinking the horse should be 10/1 answers a lot of questions tbh.

Anyway I’m more interested in other learned members of the forum and their thoughts on the racing tomorrow.
Report unclepuncle May 31, 2018 8:53 PM BST
Many will think Ajman King is a good thing, and on form and potential he is hard to oppose, but I'd be concerned about the form of the Varian yard. Might even place lay it if the price is stupidly short.
I would have been really keen on Borocco at a double figure price but for the equally bad form of the Balding yard as well.Cry
Report Swardean June 1, 2018 9:47 AM BST
I am very keen on Brorocco uncle, in fact you need to keep an eye on all Andrew Balding handicap runners at this meeting.  He ran in this race last year and was the most unlucky loser (watch the race if you can).   I think the stable form is turning the corner and many poor runs were not unexpected.  Ground is a bit of an unknown but sire didn't mind it, so worth a chance at the 10/1 this morning.
Report impossible123 June 1, 2018 12:32 PM BST
Boring!
Report unclepuncle June 1, 2018 2:46 PM BST
^Yes you are - extremely so.Cry
Report Figgis June 1, 2018 2:58 PM BST
Cracksman needs to improve with wfa to keep winning Gp1s this year and even though he won very easily last time I don't think that was proof he has. We'll find out more today and I'd take him on at this price if I thought there was a genuine Gp1 opponent but I don't see one. He just needs to run up to his 3yo best to win here so just a race to watch for me with regards to being with him or against him next time.
Report Figgis June 1, 2018 3:19 PM BST
Against Silly
Report harry callaghan June 1, 2018 3:21 PM BST
what you making of the ground figgis?
Report Figgis June 1, 2018 3:30 PM BST
Good to soft harry, no worse than that.
Report harry callaghan June 1, 2018 3:33 PM BST
yeah for sure...looking quite holding to me quite a few not acting on it, almost wants a drop of rain
Report Figgis June 1, 2018 3:38 PM BST
Yeah I always think it's a pretty testing track when there's any real give.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now