Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
eric_morris
15 Apr 18 18:23
| Topic/replies: 5,015 | Blogger: eric_morris's blog
Good luck all I am calling it a day antepost. The lack of decent value and trainers being paid (sponsored) by bookmakers is the final straw for me. Too much accepted insider trading now and possible bookmaker influence on those who prepare horses for the races we are backing them for. Misleading output from most top trainers makes it lethal. It is a total conflict of interests. I dont think I can make it pay anymore but good luck to you all still playing.
Share |
Show More
Report eric_morris April 15, 2018 6:26 PM BST
..and no I dont intend to start laying instead of backing :)
Report The Headmaster May 11, 2018 1:05 PM BST
This is a shame.  Have enjoyed our jousts down the years.  It's definitely harder but I think we can still come out on top.  Maybe give it one more go for Oaks and Derby.....?
Report PeteTheBloke May 11, 2018 7:25 PM BST
Yeah, at least stay on the forum Eric. It's always been livelier for your contributions.
Report eric_morris May 19, 2018 9:54 AM BST
Enjoyed antepost over the years but the bookies, trainers have found ways to take away the value so even if you have those years of experience antepost it counts for nothing.

Some bets i have had on have had a possible payout of 6 figures. That is the dream. Knowing bookies pay (sponsor) trainers now gives me no confidence my horse will show up for the final leg of any of my dream bets.

Without the dream why take the risk.
Report Facts May 19, 2018 10:12 AM BST
Lessen your risk and potential ' 6 fig payouts' by waiting for more confirmation of definite runners.
If your selection criteria is sound, good  profits can still be obtained.
Good luck Happy
Report eric_morris May 19, 2018 7:37 PM BST
I really dont trust trainer announcements of targets any more. I believe we are deliberately misled at times making the bad value on offer even worse. Some other trainers like Gosden deliberately tell you nothing.

It is unfortunate that selfishness is killing the game for punters and the open paid relationships between trainers and bookies is now far too close.

There are also owners, for example at Ballydoyle who are major shareholders in bookmakers. Conflicts of interests all over the place. A really bad time for antepost punters. I also believe the racing press knowingly mislead an awful lot for the benefit of bookie advertisers. Best left alone i think antepost is done now for backers to lumpy amounts.
Report FELTFAIR May 19, 2018 7:38 PM BST
Bye.
Report eric_morris May 19, 2018 7:41 PM BST
Bye
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now