Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
13 Apr 18 17:51
| Topic/replies: 25,994 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
After missing out on the Grand National proper, assume will be a runner here now and could atone for Aintree disappointment. Had a go at 16/1, anyway
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Scottish Grand National - Vintage Clouds
Show More
Report IrisDeBalme April 14, 2018 7:09 PM BST
VICENTE my main bet ... fell at first in national last year and won Scottish.  He has now won last two renewals so 12/1 is good price

Interesting whether Blaklion turns up for this - having also fallen at the first.  Put a speculative bet at 25/1

Also put a bet on Vintage Clouds as suggested by OP :)
Report woodmanchester April 15, 2018 11:15 AM BST
Followed you in on Blaklion, Iris. 30/1 with Laddies boost worth the risk
Report Facts April 15, 2018 11:16 AM BST
At the moment, these two stand out to me.
But will wait for decs.

Vintage Clouds
Folsom Blue
Report GI MAC April 15, 2018 2:35 PM BST
I've had a bit on Label Des Obeaux. He won at the meeting last year off a mark of 148, and he gets in here off 147. The race was earmarked early in the season by King, so I'm not overly bothered by his form, he will be spot on come the day. 33/1 is a fair price and there's every chance he will stay.
Report Hibore April 15, 2018 5:05 PM BST
Solid support for Vintage since lunchtime today. 356 have slashed to 8/1 from 16/1.

Still 14/1 around but could be single figures come Weds.
Report Meat Loaf April 15, 2018 6:57 PM BST
My two against the field are:

ROCK THE KASBAH (60s on here for few quid) - Always thought this horse would develop into a top chaser. Interesting Hobbs has given him a long lay off hopefully will have him fresh and well.

BALLYMALIN (42s on here) - NTD will take Blaklion out presumably to allow this novice to nearly get in the handicap proper (just 1lb out). Looks well handicapped and all best form on good ground. Ran very encouragingly in Midlands national so will definitely stay.

Will have proper bet when decs are confirmed.
Report Facts April 15, 2018 8:22 PM BST
Just read Hemming's statement after VC 's third at Cheltenham, that the Scottish National would be the aim.

On this basis I've taken the 16/1 available with Ladbnrokes ( 14/1 boosted).
Report nocturnal April 16, 2018 12:00 AM BST
Fair point ML re Blaklion,NTD holds the weight card,he does have three more down the bottom that look well weighted should BL be declared,the cynic might suggest it also gives Vicente a feasible mark.

Giving it as soft,looks to be a little warmer weather on the way,plenty in here that could leave current form way behind on a sounder surface.

If it does come up easy ground,very hard to discount anything that travels over from Ireland,looking for the clean sweep of all four.If yesterday is any indicator,no contest,why this season they are so far ahead is maybe for another day,the stark facts suggest the formlines over there are way stronger than ours.

Looks decent renewal on paper,powder firmly dry.
Report Autocue April 16, 2018 5:35 PM BST
I like Fagan. Touch wood he makes a nice shape over a fence. His handicap mark is derived from useful novice hurdle form rather than anything he's done over fences, so I wouldn't say he's well handicapped, but I think he'll find improvement for the trip. On that basis I fancied him for the 4 mile NH chase at Cheltenham but he was a non-runner. I'm hoping his Scottish owner wanted to keep him fresh for this. That's my theory anyway.
Report shockster April 16, 2018 7:27 PM BST
I think 25/1 about COGRY is very fair in comparison to 10/1 Vicente.  Vicente only caught him on the line last season and similar weights this time means there should be little in it. Looks over priced and an EW bet at 25/1 for me.
Report the bloob April 16, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Vintage Clouds, Silsol and The Young Master would be my 3 at this stage
Report cyclops April 17, 2018 4:38 PM BST
Fagan was a non-runner due to the ground at Cheltenham. Much prefers a sounder surface.
Jumped Cheltenham as well as a horse can in October but faded v disappointingly at the sharp end of the race. His absence since then perhaps indicates a problem surfaced then. I know he's been plagued with ulcers and hard to train but he has plenty of ability, even if short on jumping experience. Much to recommend him at backable odds in my view.
Report Fistfulofdollars April 18, 2018 4:55 PM BST
I backed Looking Well last year but it didn't start. I backed him in February over 4m 1f in the Edinburgh National on ground softer than he likes and he had it won when the jockey hit him just before the last and he unseated. Been kept fresh for this and with the drying ground I'm on at 25s. Looks well weighted and be all the better for missing cheltenham and aintree.
Report Facts April 18, 2018 5:22 PM BST
Backed Doing Fine at 14/1
Report unclepuncle April 18, 2018 5:27 PM BST
Very keen on Silsol - waiting for final decs just to be safe.
Report Boxman April 18, 2018 8:31 PM BST
After a thorough review of the trends earlier today i backed Glencairn View at 25/1

Thank me later for doing the work for you all
Report GoldCupWinner April 18, 2018 9:09 PM BST
The Young Master stayed on quite eye catchingly last time after his wind operation. A winner over 3m 5f from a much higher mark, if the wind operation has had the desired effect he could be well handicapped here. I always thought this trip would suit him but I don't think he enjoys the Grand National fences and this race is more suitable.
Report the bloob April 18, 2018 9:32 PM BST
of the 3 I have gone for I have made The Young Master my main bet for the reasons you mention, plus the drying ground is another big plus
Report SOULDANCER April 19, 2018 10:03 AM BST
VICENTE 10-1.

Everything seems to have fallen right for him, the ground is the clincher. Travelled really well last year and looked the winner from long way out, can't fear those who finished behind him then.

Gold Present available at 25-1 makes me think he's not turning up. Would have to consider if there on the day.
Report GI MAC April 19, 2018 4:39 PM BST
I think Vicente has been given a real good chance, he's not topweight this year and carries less weight this time around as well. Current price of 9/1 is looking very tempting. Doing Fine is worth considering, been aimed at this all year and trainer has had a few winners recently.
Report TOP3MAN April 19, 2018 11:53 PM BST
GET ON THE YAGER @ 33/1 for myself.

Harry Skelton is back on the horse, Has a nice racing weight this time, Felt he struggled to get home last time in the midlands national on heavy ground carrying 11 stone 8lbs, I like Silsol as well, but on this better ground I feel Get on the Yager could turn the last run form on it's head. At the price I am throwing a few quid at the Rowland Merrick winner.
Report Can't Catch Me April 20, 2018 11:31 AM BST
Sizing Tennessee at 20/1 for me.

Has some really top class form, definitely prefers better ground and ran a cracker in the Four Miler at Chelts, only just failing to not get home up the hill. Don't think the yard was in great nick in March either but seem to be running much better now.

Think this will be less of a stamina test than Cheltenham and should suit him perfectly.
Report dunlaying April 20, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Silsol for me . I don't think he really enjoys heavy ground and that is what he has been running on .
Report Boxman April 20, 2018 8:52 PM BST
Glencairn View now as short as 11/1 and my trends review from earlier in the week has now been ratified today by timeform

18's still available if you want to get on

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/features/rowley/rowleyfile-preview-2018-scottish-grand-national-2042018
Report SOULDANCER April 21, 2018 10:12 AM BST
GOLD PRESENT 18-1, seems a fair price, got his ground. Bit of a fan of this one.

So that's the two top weights for me.
Report The Dragon April 21, 2018 10:14 AM BST
regal flow for me
Report unclepuncle April 21, 2018 5:23 PM BST
Great thread.LaughLaugh
Report SOULDANCER April 21, 2018 10:32 PM BST
We knew......
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now