Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TOP3MAN
12 Apr 18 00:08
| Topic/replies: 1,467 | Blogger: TOP3MAN's blog
Thursday

Betfair Bowl

I like experienced chasers in this event as a rule and while the Gold Cup 2nd Might Bite has had 10 runs, his odds are quite short in this race tomorrow. He fits many trends and will no doubt be seen as the one to beat based on the way he ran in the Gold cup and the fact that he won the King George which has a very solid record in the winner going on to take this prize in the same season.

However Defiantly Red & Bristol De Mai are experienced chasers who have been at the top of their game this season. Bristol De Mai was brilliant in the first part of the season and then from the King George to the Cotswold chase his season unravelled. Wind Surgery since that run, I believe at the prices he is worth the risk at 11/2. Defiantly Red has course form, but just lacks the class of the other two I feel, he is worth an each-way bet at 8-1.

Aintree Hurdle

A lot of crowd favourite's in this race and a short priced favourite in this Grade 1. Supasundee is going to be hard to beat and really represents the typical type to win this, with the champion hurdle winner side stepping this affair this season. 2nd in this last season, the World hurdle runner-up looks solid in this event and I'm prepared to back at 1/1 money. The form he has shown this season is solid, has won a race this season and is in the prime age for this event. My Tent or Yours loves a festival 2nd and could represent e/w value, while Ruth Jefferson run lacks real top class and the same can be said about clyne. Jessie Harrington runner is the best horse in the field and can continue short priced winners of this event.

Red Rum HCp Chase

I like horses that have ran recently in this event and the grand annual at the Cheltenham festival looks to have a good say in this handicap this season. the 2nd Gino Trial has had a very good season, but he has gone up high in the weights and that should discount him on a track like this. The one's that could well have a say ran in this last season. Theinval loves it this time of year and can be obtained at 6/1 for Nicky Henderson. The other is Doinitforthevillage at 10/1 for Paul Henderson. It's fair to say that he kept making mistakes in the grand annual every time he went to get involved and was still 6th. Last year under today's pilot he was travelling when coming to grief 4 out. Tom O'Brien for Paul Henderson is often a good pointer.

Friday

Topham Chase

Nigel Twiston-Davies will be looking to continue his good record over these fences with Blaklion in the big one, but he has a live chance in the topham the day before. Flying Angel currently priced at 16/1 has a good chance in this race. Winner at this meeting 12 months ago in a novice event, he hasnt quite lived up to the heights so far this season, but what he has proved is that he completes, which is a bonus in a race like this. Dropping in the weights like a stone, a mark of 148 looks fair given that he beat Cloudy Dream 12 months ago. Spring ground will suit him and Tom Bellamy has had a couple of spins on him as well. The other one that I like the look off is Kilcrea Vale for Nicky Henderson, low weighted and ran a good prep last time out, he looks a type to enjoy these fences, 25/1 is a big price.

Melling Chase

Short on numbers, but high on quaility. Cheltenham festival form often is shown up well in this chase, and this looks a straight shoot out between Min and Balko Des Flos. The former in my eyes looks a very good horse, He travelled much the best in the champion chase, but just got outstayed by a monster in Altior. Balko Des Flos won the Ryanair in style, but I believe in Min he faces a upcoming superstar, rather then an already estbalished star from the Willie Mullins yard like he did last time out. Min at 13/8 is my bet in this.

Grand national and the Liverpool hurdle are the others that I will play. Will post them tomorrow night. Put your Aintree views up
Share |
Show More
Report TOP3MAN April 13, 2018 11:25 PM BST
Saturday

Liverpool Hurdle

Sam Spinner didn't quite go to plan in the world hurdle, but he showed up well for a long way and was only outstayed up the hill, Back on a flat track in which his prominent style will be suited, he should master these to sign off the season in style. Ground is ideal and he fits the profile you need to look for in this event and can continue the favs good record in this event as he is likely to be favourite for this event as currently best priced 6/4.

Grand National

Final Nudge for me as horses who have contested one of the following nationals (Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Ulster or Grand National) have a good pointer in this race and David Dennis charge ran with much promise in the Welsh National this season. The run at Chletenham was short of his best, but he still showed some promise. This will have been a target for the horse since the welsh national and I feel he will have been prepared nicely for this and at 50/1 he looks a bit overpriced. Low weight of 146lbs and Gavin Sheehan for whom has a good record on him is a positive.

Best of luck all and hopefully my run of placed efforts can come to an end at this meeting.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now